Author Topic: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience  (Read 161218 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2010, 12:41:45 AM »
If it makes any difference, I don't click on the cash register. I click on the clerk. Sometimes you can get them to wait past closing time for you to arrive.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2010, 12:50:26 AM »
If it makes any difference, I don't click on the cash register. I click on the clerk. Sometimes you can get them to wait past closing time for you to arrive.

I tried that and all I get are the regular conversation/social interaction options. But I am talking about during regular store hours and the Sim is already in the store. I can't buy,consign or cancel consignments. I can browse.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2010, 12:55:10 AM »
I tried that and all I get are the regular conversation/social interaction options. But I am talking about during regular store hours and the Sim is already in the store. I can't buy,consign or cancel consignments. I can browse.

This happened to me during my Wishmaster challenge game.  I didn't know what to do about it either, but the problem resolved itself a few days later when the consignment store got a new clerk and things started working again.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2010, 01:08:49 AM »
This happened to me during my Wishmaster challenge game.  I didn't know what to do about it either, but the problem resolved itself a few days later when the consignment store got a new clerk and things started working again.

I've had the same one since the beginning of this game. Maybe I need to knock her off? Buy the store and fire her? Explode the store? Send a bot in smash mode?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2010, 02:34:44 AM »
Have you all seen Carl's new article about the Consignment Shop?  It might have some helpful tips.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2010, 07:08:02 AM »
I think i'm just going to stop using the shop until EA fixes the issues with it. My sim has all kinds of stuff stuck in her inventory now...mostly sculptures and the shop doesn't seem to work half the time.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2010, 04:09:09 PM »
Even after reading the "bug" article, still no luck. So true to form I decided if all else fails just go for broke. First I deleted the current shop keeper from the game, no change.  Finally I just went into town edit and bulldozed the consignment shop. I replaced it with the Landgrabb shop in the game library.

I now have a working consignment shop again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2010, 09:48:45 AM »
Even after reading the "bug" article, still no luck. So true to form I decided if all else fails just go for broke. First I deleted the current shop keeper from the game, no change.  Finally I just went into town edit and bulldozed the consignment shop. I replaced it with the Landgrabb shop in the game library.

I now have a working consignment shop again.

I did that ... and it didn't work for me  ???

I'll go try that again, right now.  Wish me luck!

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2010, 11:18:39 AM »
Waaaaahhhhh ... no, didn't work for me  :'(

Bulldozed, installed new store, checked correct status ... no action on the Register [just the * ] and "Buy" on the Clerk just drops out.  The problem is that the Wimberly family had never consigned anything, so the "Cancel Consignments" fix doesn't help.

Now there's not much point in playing that family until the bugs get fixed.  Which is a shame, because it's our really big and interesting one.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2010, 11:38:11 AM »
Slingsby, are you absolutely sure that the Sim who is clicking on the register actually has items to sell?

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #175 on: August 06, 2010, 08:32:44 AM »
Slingsby, are you absolutely sure that the Sim who is clicking on the register actually has items to sell?
Oh yes, Sir.  Home-grown fruit and veg, home-brewed nectar, widgets by the dozens.  His inventory has so much stuff I'm surprised he can move!!

I'll try the same process with a couple of other families [different households, different games] but I'm pretty sure they have all turned out negative [except the one family that was able to to cancel consignments, and still works perfectly].

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #176 on: August 06, 2010, 02:20:08 PM »
Thanks for all that, Solstice.  No, surprise ... I know those symptoms!!

So, today, I have spent a few hours watching screens reload in that ponderous EA way ... I know, it's a big game, and it will eat all the resources you throw at it!!  I once spent £3,500 on an Alienware PC, with quad water-cooled graphics, and it still used to hang!!  Here's what I found ...

The Trotters at "Peckham Beach" ... Sunset Valley.  Not played them for a while, so launched them and sent someone to the Store to consign some home-grown vegetables.  No problem, all works fine.  Interestingly [or not] because they'd not been played for a while, the first thing was the pop-up saying "City has reclaimed all deeds, do it on computer ...".  However, NO problems at all.

The Trotters at "Raquel Breaks Free" ... Sunset Valley.  Racquel moved out of the old Trotter home with her new husband, and I built a house next door.  Same neighborhood, but a completely different "Game".  NO problems at all.
_________

The Wimberlys at Ecology Beach... Sunset Valley.  A different installation of the new items [Fire Station, Salon etc.] after the EP ... so a "different" Sunset Valley.  Manic gardeners, Inventors etc.  They never consigned, because the EP hadn't been released.  And they still can't.  Bulldozed, reinstalled Consignment Store ... still nothing.

The Slingsbys ... Riverview.  Never consigned in the past, so another "cancel Consignment" victim.  Again, we've tried bulldozing, reinstalling, adding 2nd register ... nothing.
_________

What do I learn from that?  
One Sunset Valley works fine, with 2 different 'games' [although the families are related] and the Neighborhood is identical [obviously].
Another Sunset Valley doesn't work, with just one game.
Our only Riverview doesn't work.

Does it depend on where you choose to place the Consignment lot????
_________

I don't know how EA are going to unravel this.   :'(

Frey

« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2010, 08:27:37 PM »
What I mean is canceling all consignments in the morning or afternoon, then saving and exiting your game. Fire it up and consign everything again no later than 4 PM so you've got time to get that day's sales at 5 PM.

Thanks! I'll try that, hope it works.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2010, 02:58:49 AM »
I'm under the impression we should be able to sell our sculptures at the consignment store, but so far, all the sculptures my Sim has made (less than 10 in clay, wood, and one ice) can only be sold directly from the station. There's a pop-up that says I can sell them in buy mode as well, but I want to get more for them, of course.  ;) Is size the deciding factor? Everything he's sculpted has been rather large. So, did I misinterpret things or is this a glitch?  ???

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2010, 03:02:58 AM »
You need to move them from the station to the family inventory, then you can consign them.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

anything