Author Topic: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience  (Read 161327 times)

bshag

Re: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2010, 01:49:39 PM »
My consignment shop used to work in all of my games.  Then I made a little sim especially for the angler career, so she didn't have a lot of money to start out with.  I sent her to China with the remaining money she had, she cleaned out the bookcases, of course, then fished and caught 9 of the ochiba koi.  When she got home she took them to the consignment shop and it was then it decided to glitch. ::)  All her fish were gone...like she had never consigned them. :o  I found out that just because the shop works in some games, it can break in others. 

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2010, 03:51:08 PM »
Oh and I already tried deleting that store and placing a new one. Didn't work.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

arclight

« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2010, 04:34:51 AM »
Ok new user here so bear with me.

Got irritated with hauling massive amounts of stuff back from vacation, so I edited the town (China specifically) and made a consignment store. Reading this post tells me that there are consignment store issues, and while I haven't ever encountered one of these bugs before, I did on vacation. What I want to know is if this was the bug that everyone has been experiencing, or if EA just doesnt want a consignment store at the vacation spots. The symptoms match (can't consign anything; can bring up the option to buy stuff from clerk, but nothing happens) but I'm just not sure.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2010, 04:50:32 AM »
Ok new user here so bear with me.

Got irritated with hauling massive amounts of stuff back from vacation, so I edited the town (China specifically) and made a consignment store. Reading this post tells me that there are consignment store issues, and while I haven't ever encountered one of these bugs before, I did on vacation. What I want to know is if this was the bug that everyone has been experiencing, or if EA just doesnt want a consignment store at the vacation spots. The symptoms match (can't consign anything; can bring up the option to buy stuff from clerk, but nothing happens) but I'm just not sure.

Hi and welcome to the forum!  Yes, it sounds like you are experiencing the consignment shop bug.

arclight

« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2010, 04:43:50 AM »
Thanks :D and bah! that bug only happens while on vacation :( still, the personalized con-shops at least *look* good in their locals

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2010, 02:36:25 PM »
Today's update doesn't fix the bug anyway ... unless someone knows different?

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2010, 01:03:58 AM »
The consignment store in my game was working fine, until one day when my Sim had consigned far too many paintings, the store just stopped working... no browse, no buy... not even from the other Sims in the household... I cant even get my stuff back coz the register wont function.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2010, 04:20:48 AM »
The consignment store in my game was working fine, until one day when my Sim had consigned far too many paintings, the store just stopped working... no browse, no buy... not even from the other Sims in the household... I cant even get my stuff back coz the register wont function.

Interesting ... but how do you know that was the cause?  How many items did you consign?

Offline Monolito

• Townie
« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2010, 09:35:17 AM »
I've still got a problem with the store - when I click on the counter nothing happens :/ I hoped the problem would be solved with Late Night but nothing changed :/

inclement

« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2010, 03:37:51 AM »
I got this error today. I have two max level artists painting all over the place, and a nectar maker who is selling all nectars of great quality or less.

I trotted him over for his weekly consignment sale, nothing happened. The Buy just kept disappearing from the queue. So I switched to my founder, she had the same issue.

I saved game, logged to main menu, then read where someone had said to cancel consignments. So I trotted my founder back over...she can't buy, and there's nothing to cancel now.

I guess I can either start decorating walls, or just selling them from inventory now...

inclement

« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2010, 06:46:54 PM »
As an aside, something that occurred to me is to go into Edit Town, bulldoze the store, then replace it.

Think that would work?

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #206 on: November 15, 2010, 08:23:30 PM »
As an aside, something that occurred to me is to go into Edit Town, bulldoze the store, then replace it.

Think that would work?
It might! The first time it happened to me, I just replaced the register.

inclement

« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2010, 03:36:07 AM »
Well, I tried to bulldoze the store and replace it.

No luck.

So I tried replacing the register, and no one ever showed up to work.

So I just remodeled the house, and hung the paintings. I mean, I do have 2 stories above ground and 3 below (though 1 is a gallery of the women of violet eyes, and 1 is the "crafting room")

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #208 on: November 16, 2010, 12:42:52 PM »
Well, I tried to bulldoze the store and replace it.

No luck.

So I tried replacing the register, and no one ever showed up to work.

So I just remodeled the house, and hung the paintings. I mean, I do have 2 stories above ground and 3 below (though 1 is a gallery of the women of violet eyes, and 1 is the "crafting room")
It takes a few sim hours for someone to take charge of the register. I replaced it after 5 and by the next day, someone was there!

inclement

« Reply #209 on: November 16, 2010, 03:34:53 PM »
Oh?

Maybe I'll go check tonight. If I'm not dealing with elemental invasions and stuff elsewhere.

anything