Author Topic: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience  (Read 161312 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Consignment Shop in General and its Relation to Experience
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 10:04:38 AM »
I think, as Saltypaws said, it is a bug in my game.  When I mouse over the register, the arrow with the flower shape comes up, but I can't click on it.  It can't have anything to do with already having things on consignment, as it has never worked for me.  I am wondering if it is because I am playing a pre-existing neighbourhood with the new venues added.  Will have to try another game and see what happens.  Thanks for all the input.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 10:47:18 AM »
I had some problems in it in the beginning, but when I switched from painter to sculptor that seems to have helped. I was wondering about if you purchase the store through the real estate option I thought you could upgrade it like you can the library since the top floors are empty, but it says it is already at level 3. I didn't think it would help the profits to randomly add things. Has anyone else purchased it and done anything to it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 01:56:48 PM »
I think I'll try to switch to another career and then back to self-employed/Inventing to see if it resets. If it's a fairly random bug, then hopefully  once cleared, it might not recur. There's nothing to lose, since I show zero Simoleons progress in the career. I'll let you know tomorrow if it worked.

That didn't work. I switched to self-employed Fishing and then back to Inventing. Same bug persists.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 11:48:06 PM »
Is there a way to sell items in your sims family inventory at the consignment store? It seems I can only sell things that are in personal inventory, but I'm sure I've seen larger items there that can be bought.

Norma

*oops, I probably should have put this in the consignment store thread.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 12:45:57 AM »
Larger items that you want to sell that are in your family inventory should show up at the consignment shop.  I did find however that I could not sell household items.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 01:19:25 AM »
*oops, I probably should have put this in the consignment store thread.

I merged it for you.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ik

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 04:09:29 AM »
I am afraid my consignment store (in Sunset Valley) has gone buggy, too. In the beginning Cornelia Goth was at the register and I was able to put up several things (most of which were sold quickly). Now Holly Alto is at the register, and whenever I click on "Buy Items" (or whatever that menu entry is) my sim walks up to her, then drops the action from her queue, so I can neither buy nor sell anything at the consignment store any longer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

jayseesee

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 06:14:30 AM »
I've had the same thing happen, ik.  Try clicking on the register, hit "Cancel Consignment" and re-up them.  You may notice they don't sell right off, unsure what to do there.  Best of luck!

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 09:14:29 AM »
The problem that is causing the bugged consignment shop has been found by Twallan:

Crinrict provided a save-game with a consignment register failure...  That EA error is now being corrected by the latest version.

The issue:  When you travel to foreign lands, consigned items are automatically moved back into each sim's family inventory.  At which point the code promptly deletes the ConsignmentObjects list outright, rather than simply emptying it.
The result:  The next time you try using the register, the game bounces on the missing list.

Total EA bungle on that one...  I'm sure it will be fixed in the next patch.

He has also found a temporary fix, but since it is a mod, I won't mention which and where.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 09:28:17 AM »
Branr, thanks for respecting the forum rules on mods. However, it seems to me there's more going on here than the bug resulting from traveling. I had issues with my da Vinci walkthrough character and he never traveled once. But, I'm sure EA's on it as we speak. (fingers crossed)

Icemink

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 10:23:06 AM »
I'm wondering if any one's encountered what I think of as the broken hearted bug. I've seen this in two different incarnations of Twinbrook. Basically at first I'm able to consign, but at some later point when I go back and choose the Buy option the clerk shakes his or head no and then a thought bubble of another sim and broken heart appear above their head and they start crying. At that point no matter when I go I can't consign. I did try with a less social Sim to have that Sim console the clerk but they were basically strangers and the clerk got mad.

The really funny thing was the first time this happened the Sim the clerk seemed to be brokenhearted over was my Sims husband who the clerk had never met.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this.

bshag

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 11:02:33 AM »
When the one time I was able to get into the official forum at sims3.com, I was looking at a post about the list of bugs ppl were making.  A SimGuru posted that this bug was definitely one that EA was aware of and was "looking into it."  (Unfortunately they really have a mess on their hands over there.)

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 12:32:55 PM »
Ok, upon checking, it turns out the bug Twallan fixed was with the buy window not appearing, nothing else.

Offline ik

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 12:56:20 PM »
Ok, upon checking, it turns out the bug Twallan fixed was with the buy window not appearing, nothing else.
Well, it does sound like the bug I see in my game, and now that I think about it I am fairly sure that it started after my sim went to Egypt. Since I do not really care to load mods into my game I guess I will have to wait for EA to fix it and play without the consignment store until then. Thanks for the info, Branr!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 02:48:12 PM »
I have not been on a vacation yet since I installed Ambitions.  I am able to buy and sell things at the shop.  The only thing that is buggy is the career experience bar not moving when I sell. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything