Author Topic: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Six - Three of Us  (Read 24270 times)

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Six - Three of Us
« on: July 31, 2012, 01:06:34 AM »
I'm starting a little differently than my other legacy. This time, my sim starts on an empty lot with only 4,000 simoleons. The rules are the same as in my last legacy with an additional one.
  • No cheats except resetsim
  • Life span at normal
  • No premature birthdays
  • No adoption unless the couple is same-gender
  • Each legacy heir's name will be a jewel. Any child born after the heir can have any kind of name.
Again, no specific plans. Just telling it as it happens.

Heirs of the Gemstone Legacy

HeirsSpouses
PortraitBiography PortraitBiography
Founder, Sapphire Gemstone.
Absent-Minded, Eccentric, Vegetarian, Easily Impressed, Handy
Latin Music, Autumn Salad, Blue
The Tinkerer
Virgo
Hector Mendoza.
Great Kisser, Virtuoso, Mooch, Schmoozer, Kleptomaniac
Custom Music, Grilled Cheese, Spice Brown
Hit Movie Composer
Aquarius

(Thank you, samoht04, for showing me how to do this!)
-------
Chapter List:

Generation One:

Prologue
1. Starting with Nothing
2. Time for Romance
3. Blue Baby Bundle
4. Busy and Bored
5. Renovations
6. A Birthday and a Baby
7. Birthdays Come Too Fast
8. Changes
9. Potions, Please
10. Little Boys Blue
11. Birthdays Abound

Generation Two:

12. The Wedding On Top
13. The Sweet and the Smart
14. Triple the Trouble
15. Cakes for Three, Please
16. Winter Rolls
17. Aqua Finds A Talent
18. Snow and Rox
19. Rainy Birthdays
20. Prom Night
21. A Troublemaker Stirs
22. Birthday Bash
23. Different Paths

Generation Three:

24. A Little Lonely
25. Two In The House
26. Three of Us

Family tree:

See here
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 02:06:00 AM »
Prologue

My name is Sapphire Gemstone. Quite a name, isn't it? It wasn't always my name.

I was born in Twinbrook. A lovely city, it is. If you saw me as a child, you would think I was like all the other children. I ran through sprinklers, rode the spring rockers, played with my friends in my treehouse, threw tea parties, got a little mischievous every now and then. From the outside, I was no different than my peers.

But under the surface, I was different. Different from my friends and very different from my siblings.

Did you ever see that kid in elementary school? You know, that kid who never seemed to play with anyone? Was always alone? That kid who classmates considered a freak or would often whisper mean things behind his or her back? Maybe you were that kid. I was. On the playground, while all my classmates played, I would be sitting near a flower patch, counting the petals. Or I might be lying on the bench and looking up at the clouds. Or perhaps digging with my fingernails in the dirt, hoping to find some treasure.

Once in a while, one of my classmates would yell, "Orchid, come play with us!" Yes, Orchid was my name. Orchid Belle Blossom. I don't know what my parents were thinking. My two brothers had normal names - Owen and Oliver - but I got stuck with Orchid. Back to my classmates, I would often go and play. That was how I made a few friends to share my treehouse with. But I was usually more content to be alone.

At home, when I wasn't playing with my teddy bear or in my treehouse, I was in my room. My room was my sanctuary, where I could go to shut everybody out. My parents doted on my brothers. They got what they wanted all the time. One time, Oliver, the older brother, demanded a hot tub for this teen birthday. Not asked. Demanded. And he got it! But me? If I asked for so much as a doll, I was told no. "Oh, you have your teddy bear," my mom said. When I asked for a hopscotch mat, I heard, "Your brothers gave you their treehouse. You don't need hopscotch." Maybe they were right, but it still hurt to see my brothers get so much on demand while I got nothing. And when I felt hurt enough, I would run to my room to lock myself in and cry.

My brothers could boss me around (despite that I was the oldest), steal my things and call me names. If I complained about them stealing, I would hear from my parents, "Well, we bought them anyway, so technically, it's our stuff and you're just borrowing." If I complained about them name-calling, I heard, "You're just too sensitive. They're younger than you anyway. You should be able to deal with it." Once, my parents even suggested that if I played with my brothers more, they wouldn't bother me! Yet, if I dared to retaliate, I got in trouble. My brothers were allowed to bully me and I couldn't do anything about it.

I did all the work I could as a teen, so I could save money. Fortunately, I was able to trust a friend with my savings, so I didn't have to worry about my brothers stealing it. A wonderful friend, she was. When I became a young adult, I left home and didn't look back. My friend moved to a city called Bridgeport. I moved here to this neighborhood. Hidden Springs.

Here is where I can make a life for myself. I can move on from the past and start anew. For me, the first part of that was changing my name. This is why I am now Sapphire Gemstone. I don't know what direction I'm heading in, but I do know that this is just the beginning.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 02:41:02 AM »
It looks like something is wrong with your avatar, Kaye.  I'm just seeing a red X where it should be.  Would you please check it?  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »
Chapter 1: Starting with Nothing

I guess to start, I could show you my wardrobe.

As you can see, blue is my main color. My favorite color is blue. I love blue so much. That's why my name is Sapphire. Get it? Sapphires are blue gems. I think they're dark blue, but any shade of blue is good to me.

Look in the mirror. See? Even my hair clip is blue. But enough about blue!

I'm a little absent-minded and I'm pretty eccentric. I'm a vegetarian, though I can't exactly say when and where I picked that up. I'm also easily impressed, I guess because I just like to give compliments and make people feel good. My favorite trait of mine is that I'm handy. It might just be a coincidence, but I think blue and handiness go hand-in-hand together. It just feels right to me.

My zodiac sign is virgo, which I think is the princess. Or it could just be a beautiful maiden with a rose. I like the princess idea better. My favorite food is autumn salad and I love latin music. That was also my friend's favorite music, the one in Bridgeport. She always had it playing in her house. Oh, my lifetime wish! My lifetime wish to be a tinkerer, which means I must max out the handiness and logic skills.

Moving to Hidden Springs cost me most of my savings. I didn't have enough to buy a house, not even a small one, so I bought this 40x40 lot.

I had 4,000 simoleons left, so I bought what I needed to survive. I did make a small room for a bathroom, however, because there is absolutely no way I will let someone see me use the toilet. Here's what my lot looks like now.

You might notice that next to my bed is a ScraptonicTM Workbench. Yes, I know that's not a necessity, but I need to make money and I want to be self-employed. Maybe I'm being a little arrogant, but I had enough of taking orders from my brothers. Even if I get paid, I don't want to take orders from anyone anymore. I also have a dream of being an inventor and I heard inventing helps with handiness, so why not?

After buying all that, I have 42 simoleons left. I should've probably gotten started on inventing right away, but I was hungry, so I ate some bread and jam.

Wow. My first meal at my own place and I choke. Why didn't I put a "kick me" sign on my back while I was at it?

I wouldn't be able to invent a thing if i was in such a sour mood, but my television had such bad reception, I couldn't get it to work. So I went to the library and played some computer games.

I was smiling after playing that racing game for a good while. I found out that since the library is a public place, it's okay to come here just to use the computer, as long as I don't hog it. When I have more money, a computer will be one of the first things I buy.

I went back home to get some sleep. It was still daytime, but I was getting sleepy. That bed was so comfy. I wonder how many people passed by?

It was nighttime when I woke up. I got my TV to work, so I watched whatever was on for a while. Nothing interesting, to be totally honest.

Then, I finally got around to what I was supposed to: inventing!

I didn't really create anything. I was just dabbling, so nothing was intended to come out of it. But I did gain a level in inventing, so now, I really could invent something.

In the morning, I went to City Hall to register as a self-employed inventor.

I then went to the junkyard to collect some scrap. It would've been easier to buy scrap, but the smallest pile you can get costs 50 simoleons and not only am I eight simoleons short, I really can't spend it on such a thing.

Since the open spaces were blocked, I went through the building. I wasn't expecting anyone to be there. After all, who would hang out at a junkyard?

Apparently, this guy.

He was just there, playing his guitar. I couldn't help but stop and listen. His music was beautiful and he was really handsome.

I wanted to say hi, but I didn't want to be rude and interrupt. However, I didn't have to because he noticed me and stopped playing.

I felt myself tense up. I suddenly realized he must've come here, of all places, to be alone. What if I had intruded? I mean, the junkyard is for everyone to use, so he couldn't really tell me to leave and I was here to collect scrap anyway, but I still felt nervous.

As it turned out, however, he wasn't annoyed by my presence at all.

"Why, hello there," he said to me in a rather strong tone. Strong, but not mean. "And why would such a pretty lady be in a place like this?

"C-collecting scr-scrap," I uttered. I felt flattered and intimidated at the same time. Wait, not intimidated. That's not the right word.

"Scrap?" he asked me.

"Umm, yes. For my...uh...inventions."

What was going on?

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

loveSims

Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter One - Starting with Nothing
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 03:57:39 PM »
Great start, I like your story and writing style. :)

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter One - Starting with Nothing
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 07:27:06 PM »
loveSims, thank you! That means a lot!  ;D
--------
Chapter 2: Time for Romance

The man didn't have time to talk. As soon as I answered his question, he got called to work. But he told me his name was Hector Mendoza and invited me to visit him at his house later on. I considered that to be a random offer, but decided I would visit anyway.

I went in the junkyard to begin searching for scrap from one of the smaller piles.

I found a lot, plenty to work with. I was certain I could invent something decent with all of this. I raced back home to get started.

After a few hours, I began to get tired and a little stressed. Unfortunately, my stupid TV couldn't pick up any reception again, so I headed over to the library to use the computer. I entered a chat room and found a dozen people to talk to!

I also took a little nap on the couch. I'm not sure if sleeping in the library is proper etiquette, but no one woke me up, so I guess it's okay. I'm glad because that was a very comfy couch.

It was only after I awoke from my nap that I remembered Hector. I could still visit, but it was getting dark. I wasn't sure a visitor would be welcome at night, when most are trying to unwind before bed.

Then again, it was still early. It was 7 PM, not 12 AM. That's not really late. And he did invite me, after all.

I debated the issue for a while in my head and finally decided to visit.

Hector's house wasn't huge, but it was fancy in my opinion. I felt a little jealous, recalling what my "house" was like. He even had his own car and a very nice one at that.

However, jealousy did not make a good guest, so I straightened my face and rang the door bell. Hector kindly greeted me and invited me inside. He was wearing a tuxedo, so I assumed he had attended some kind of formal party and didn't think to change.

We talked and I learned a lot about Hector, mainly that he's an Orchestra Lead.

I really didn't have much to say about myself, besides my desire to be an inventor. Surprisingly, Hector was very interested in that. He said he didn't know any other girls with a dream like that. They all want to be stylists and interior designers.

"That's a little mean to say," I told him. I wasn't offended, but I hated generalizations.

"Well, I didn't mean it like that," he said. "I graduated from the LeFromage Art School and every girl I know talked about dreaming of being a fashion stylist or an interior designer. I never heard anything else. It didn't help that my mom was also a stylist."

"I see. I guess I can't blame you then."

We moved on to a different topic and after a lot of chatting, we became friends. We even had a pillow fight!

And made silly faces in the bathroom(don't ask)!

I asked Hector if I could spend the night and he said yes! I couldn't believe it! I was going to spend the night in such a fancy place!

Hector was very tired, so he went to sleep, but he told me to make myself at home.

I made some food. I used the microwave, so as not to risk starting a fire. I can't cook very well.

I watched some programs on Hector's beautiful HD television. His couch was even cozier than the library's.

Finally, after tiring of television, I went to sleep. Hector had a very nice double bed upstairs. I was asleep the moment my head touched the pillow.

I slept until 10 AM, longer than I expected to! I heard Hector coming up the stairs. I thought he would be upset that I'd slept for so long, but he wasn't. In fact, he was smiling.

"Sleep well, angel?"

Angel? Not that I didn't like the name, but where did that come from?

"I slept wonderfully," I answered. "Thank you for letting me sleep over. I guess we'll meet another time."

He led me to the door. "I hope 'another time' will be soon," he said as I hopped in a taxi.

As it rode away, I couldn't help but look back until the house was out of sight.

Silly me! It wasn't until I got home that I realized I hadn't changed out of my pajamas. But it was no big deal. I wanted to finish my invention.

Voila!

I know it's nothing extraordinary. Just a smasher, as I call it. But I made it, so it was special.

Of course, I wanted to make money as an inventor, so I sold it. It only sold for 5 simoleons, but I only needed 25 more to advance, so I created 5 more smashers to sell. I am now a Nuts and Bolts Combiner.

Those smashers may be small, but they take a lot of time to create. It was nighttime when I finished the last one. Boy, my days just fly by, don't they?

While I was working on the smashers, I must admit I kept thinking about one thing: Hector. He was such a nice person and the first friend I made in this town. When I met him back at the junkyard, I wasn't expecting a "hello" to turn into an invite to his home. Then, he called me pretty. He allowed me to spend a night at his home on the first visit when we just became friends. He trusted me, someone he had only met hours ago, to her own devices in his house, telling me to make myself at home. Then, he called me angel after I woke up.

I tried to think it might be nothing. Maybe Hector was just that friendly. He probably would've done it for any person. Yet, I still felt differently.

I called up Hector and asked him to come over.

I was nervous. I knew what I wanted to do, but what if I was met with rejection?

I didn't have much time to think because Hector was there in just a few minutes. I decided not to jump right into it, but not to beat around the bush either.

I flirted...

...we kissed...

...I proposed...

...and he accepted!

How the shock didn't make me faint, I'll never know, but I didn't care.

"So are we living here or my house?"

That was a strange question. Not that I am the kind of person to marry for money, but I couldn't believe he thought we'd live here...unless he wanted to live here!

"Hector, do you like my home?" I asked him.

"Truthfully, yes," he answered me.

He was serious and I knew it, but was still in disbelief. I guess my face said it all.

"It's kind of hard to explain," he told me. "Remember how I told you I'm an Orchestra Lead? Well, as much as I love my job, my music isn't really getting popular. Truth be told, I'm barely getting by and I want a change. I may not quit my job, but I want to start at the bottom again and work my way to the top. But I just didn't have the heart to do it.

"Why not?" I asked him.

"Because I was scared to do it alone," he said. "I was afraid I might not be able to reach the top. That's why I was playing guitar at the junkyard; because I felt like my life was slowly becoming junk. And then, I met you and you mentioned collecting scraps for your inventions. I invited you to my house because I was curious. That's where you told me you had dreams of being an inventor. You reminded me of how I used to be so ambitious and I wanted to find that ambition again." He looked down then. "You probably see me as a creep now, don't you?"

"What? No!" I quickly protested. "I'm flattered, really!"

He looked up and we shared another kiss. And then, we got down to what many newlyweds do.

Until next time!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Two - Time for Romance
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 12:34:26 AM »
Chapter 3: Blue Baby Bundle

Hector bought a lot of money with him. We were able to build a house with it. Just a small house, nothing special, but it gave us plenty of space. Now, we don't have to sleep outside anymore!

Unfortunately, not long after we built our house, the television broke and I had to repair it. Oh, well. At least, I'm getting the handiness skill.

And then, wouldn't you know it? The shower broke too!

Building the house left us with too little money to buy a better shower or TV, but Hector made it up to me with a little flirting.

I got to work on the workbench. I needed 75 simoleons to advance to the next level. I started with smashers, but eventually got bored and tried to invent something else. I came up with this.

Hector told me it was a magical invention gnome. It didn't seem so magical to me. More like a metal garden gnome. I didn't really want to make another one though, so I went back to creating smashers.

I was only able to make four because, for some reason, I began to feel sick and had to throw up.

After I got the disgusting feeling out of my throat, I went right back to my workbench.

Hector went out to Subalpine Square to play guitar for tips to make a little extra money.

He stayed out all day, but made no tips. It wasn't really his fault, though. No one came through the Subalpine Square, so no one heard him play. I don't see how that big place could be empty, but he could always try again tomorrow.

While Hector was out, I stopped inventing for the day and went to City Hall. I got a service award for creating ten widgets! That felt like such an honor!

I came back home and went to sleep because I was tired. Hector was playing his guitar, but he moved outside to be considerate. Aww, that was sweet.

Oddly, I couldn't sleep. My stomach was hurting and wouldn't stop. Finally, I just got out of bed.

Oh. Well, that explains things.

You'd think with little money and a recently built house with only one big room and a tiny bathroom, I wouldn't be thrilled about having a baby. But I was! Even better, so was Hector! It's a good thing he didn't quit his job because he got paid for the two days he was given off after marrying me.

I can't show you, but we bought a dishwasher, a trash can...and two tablets with that money. Don't worry. We have enough left to buy baby furniture!

The next morning, after I'd managed to get a good night's rest, I went to the diner for breakfast. Hector didn't want to come. He doesn't like to eat out in the morning.

Later, Hector and I went to the library to read some pregnancy books. He only read one, but I read both. I wanted to be as prepared as possible!

Believe it or not, my pregnancy was actually going pretty smooth. I didn't have any backaches or weird cravings like the books say most pregnant women do. Sure, I felt tired a lot, but that was really it.

Of course, when it came time to give birth, I didn't feel so relaxed anymore.

Hector was little help. I didn't want to go to the hospital, but Hector could've done something more than freak out. Like take the tablet piece out of his ear! I was having a nooboo, not being devoured by a parasite!

Somehow, I was able to change into my maternity clothes, which is good because it's a little harder to give birth in a nightgown. I told Hector if he was just going to freak out, then please leave for the moment.

The pain was crazy. I don't think there is anything that compares to it.

But finally, my new baby boy arrived!

I will say it was a magical experience, but if I have any more children, I will be going to the hospital!

Nevertheless, here's Garnet!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

RoyalyAshley

Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Three - Blue Baby Bundle
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 03:09:54 AM »
Aww, yay! I have a sim married to Hector and let me tell you... the kid didn't turn out to pretty for some odd reason. Wierd mix of genetics, who knows? Hopefully you'll be better off.

Welcome, Garnet! I really like your writing style. Casual and realistic. I'm enjoying this a lot. Can't wait to see how the family progresses.

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 12:55:39 AM »
Wow! Thanks, Ashley!  :D

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 12:57:38 AM »
Chapter 4: Busy and Bored

With a new baby around, Hector and I aren't getting much sleep. Not that I didn't expect to get less sleep, but I didn't think we'd both be tired! Sometimes, I forget to put on my pajamas because I'm so tired.

Hector just fawns over Garnet. Every time he puts Garnet in the crib, it's like he doesn't want to leave.

Although, I'm really beginning to question if playing guitar helps the baby sleep.

When Garnet is asleep, Hector and I try to keep the house clean. We still may not have much, but it requires maintenance. I upgraded the dishwasher to run silently. The noise gives me a headache!

A gift for Garnet arrived in the mail. It was from the second cousin of Grandma Bertha. Yeah, Hector was just as clueless.

The gift wasn't really something...appealing, I guess? It was a creepy doll. But a gift's a gift, so I let Garnet have it.

As much as I love to snuggle Garnet, I also love when he sleeps...because that's when I can catch up on my inventing!

I invented a new widget, a localized static tester. Much better than a smasher and it sold for 70 simoleons! I am now a Duct Tape Rigger.

When Hector's at work, Garnet is asleep and I'm done working at the bench, I play social games on my tablet. I have to say I'm really glad I bought these tablets. Mine is keeping me from going crazy from the boredom.

Really, it is boring. Garnet needs attention every few hours, so it's really the same routine everyday. Tend to Garnet, keep house and invent. And for Hector, play guitar. Oh! I forgot to mention! Hector mastered the guitar. He should have an easier time at work now. Maybe Garnet gave him another excuse to practice so much.

Hector and I talked a lot. Not about anything interesting. He did once bring up the possibility of having a second baby. I said not until Garnet is at least a child.

We ordered pizza one day. We got tired of bread and jam and canned soup. Pizza's inexpensive, so why not?

I must admit the pizza delivery guy's green skin was a little odd to me. Hector found it normal.

It wasn't long before the big day arrived. Yep, Garnet's birthday. Finally, he could come out of that blanket!

Nice sparkly trail.

Here's Garnet! I think he's got his dad's face.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Five - Renovations
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 09:08:47 PM »
Chapter 5: Renovations

Since we'd come into some money, Hector and I decided to renovate the house. Completely. We tore the whole house down and rebuilt it.

I know our house is technically smaller now, but I think it somehow looks a bit neater. Nothing wrong with rectangles!

I went to the consignment shop to try to sell some of my inventions. They didn't sell for much more than the regular price, but they sold quickly, I guess.

Hector and I were both active in teaching Garnet his toddler skills.

But of course, Garnet got plenty of playtime as well! His favorite toy was the xylophone and he loved it even more when Hector played with him. Taking after his daddy, perhaps?

Hector started staying at the fire station after he got off from work. It's not the hours - 3 PM to 8 PM - it's that he was usually so tired and hungry by the time got off work. The fire station is located right next to the diner, so Hector could eat for a measly $18 and then sleep in one of the beds right next door.

I didn't mind at all, as long as he came home when he woke up. One night, he even had his birthday there!

He aged into a fine-looking elder, but dyed his hair brown to try not to look "too old".

He eventually stop staying at the fire station because it was always empty. I thought that was a big "duh". Firefighters want to go home too!

Anyway, Hector received some book from his job. He really wanted to get to the top before retiring. If he finished reading this book, he'd be that much closer.

Eventually, Hector and I came into money again. A lot of it, this time! We decided to renovate our house again and this time, it looks like a real house!

Yes! We had a bedroom, a nursery, a kitchen, a bigger bathroom and a living room and plenty of luxuries! We can't wait to put some plants in front, but for now, we just enjoy our wonderful house!

For me, the best part was I could finally cook! No more quick meals all the time.

Unfortunately, my first attempt resulted in burnt waffles.

So I just settled for a nice vanilla ice cream cone.

Later, I celebrated my adult birthday. To be the first one to celebrate my birthday in our new house just added to the feeling.

Author's note: The second time they came into money was almost literal. Their funds went from 2,000 to about 30,000. I didn't use cheats, so for the life in me, I do not know how that happened. The only thing I can think of is some opportunity Hector had (which I can't remember), but I've never had an opportunity pay that much, so I can't imagine where that came from.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline madmax2006

• Llama Wrangler
  • 5s are amazing.
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 01:39:06 AM »
Money is money i suppose... Even if it's random and there's alot of it! Also, great legacy, keep up the awesome work! ;D
This was a triumph.. Yeah i forget the rest ;D

The Eclipso Legacy :D (Graveyarded D=)
Frobidden Fangs; A Dramatic Vampiracy!
Diggin' For Gold!

I'm just your classic gaming writer with an un-natural obsession with 5s, sims and books.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 12:12:55 AM »
Loving your legacy! Cant wait for the next update  :D

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Six - A Birthday and a Baby
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 09:43:55 PM »
Chapter 6: A Birthday and a Baby

My birthday wasn't the only one to be celebrated. A day later, it was little Garnet's birthday.

I like this picture. He looks like he's trying to dance. But I wonder why he looks cross-eyed?

Here's Garnet's new wardrobe. My son's got nice taste.

We didn't do much to Garnet's bedroom. We took out his baby toys and crib and replaced them with a costume chest and loft bed.

I guess the costume chest was irresistible because Garnet threw on a dinosaur costume almost as soon as we placed the chest in his bedroom.

Garnet became frugal when he aged up, which is a weird trait for a child if you ask me. But since he likes to clip coupons, which helps us save a little money, I can't complain.

In fact, the first coupon he found was for 25% off of a Relaxing Rendezvous spa package (2,250 instead of 3,000 simoleons). Since the spa didn't really interest him, he gave it to me. Aww!

And he did it at the right time too.

Yep! I'm pregnant again, so Garnet's going to be a big brother. I wanted a girl this time and Hector wanted another boy. We'll see what happens.

Garnet's first day of school was after his birthday. Poor Garnet. He doesn't look too happy being alone in that bus, but I'm sure he'll make some friends.

Since Hector was at work and Garnet was at school, I studied up on inventing.

At least until my back started aching like crazy. I tried laying down, but that didn't help, so I decided to put the coupon Garnet gave me to use. I would've liked to have saved it for another time, but it expired in three days. Besides, pregnancy is a good excuse to go to the spa for anything!

Hector accomplished his lifetime wish! He's now a Hit Movie Composer. He was starting to think he'd never get there, but he did.

Which enabled him to do what he'd been wanting since he became an elder: retire.

After I came home from the spa, I felt like I was in heaven, but Hector still insisted on giving me a massage to make up for not being around when I first started to ache.

He's happy we can both stay at home now. We're not swimming in money or anything, but we've got enough, so it's no problem at all.

Garnet asked - or rather, begged - for me to include this picture of him and his new friend.

Well, he's new to me. Garnet says he's known this friend since he was a toddler, but that doesn't make any sense. We never had any other toddlers over and I never saw this friend before. I asked Hector, but he was just as clueless.

But Garnet's friend does remind me of something...

Never mind it. Hector wanted a picture in too, so he gave me this one.

Oh, dear. I think Garnet feels he's too big for that. Maybe he got that from me. I hated having my cheeks pinched as a child too.

I already mastered the handiness skill and, thanks to the tablet, I soon mastered logic. I was working at my invention bench when I finally hit the mark. Now, I've accomplished my lifetime wish! I am a tinkerer!

But that wasn't all that happened. That same night, I went into labor.

Goodness, my face looks huge!

I drove myself to the hospital and Hector came along soon after. The bad thing is that left Garnet home alone, but he was asleep, so he didn't have to know we were gone.

I gave birth to an athletic baby boy who hates the outdoors. Meet Pierce, everybody!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Seven - Birthdays Come Too Fast
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »
Chapter 7: Birthdays Come Too Fast

Neither Hector nor I wanted to build a second nursery. Especially not when Garnet's was perfectly fine, so we simply put Pierce's crib in Garnet's room.

Shortly after Pierce was born, Garnet had a scouting ceremony at his school.

He won the top award! Hector and I were so proud of him!

When Garnet was off playing with his friend (whom I still have yet to see), Hector and I would be spending time with Pierce.

When not with Pierce, Hector would hold autograph sessions, which would bring us a fair amount of income.

And, of course, I'd be at my workbench. I hadn't been in the spirit of inventing lately, to be honest, but now, I was feverishly at work.

I created two great inventions that sold for a high price! The first was a miner, which sold for 800! The second was a Harvester, which sold for 450. They were big inventions, so they took time, but the money they brought in was worth it!

Not only did I max inventing as a result, but inventing and selling those items also pushed me ahead three promotions! I am now a Hosebeast (level 6)!

Pierce's birthday arrived before we knew it. It seemed like he was only a baby for one day.

But he aged into such a cute toddler!

Garnet showed no interest in Pierce as an infant, but now that he was a toddler, Garnet seemed to love his baby brother!

But Garnet's birthday came just days after Pierce's. He wasn't going to be a child for much longer...

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »
The house just doesn't stay the same in this legacy.

Since I couldn't build if my life depended on it, I was looking for a house on the Exchange for the Gemstones. I found one I loved and it doesn't have any store items, so I don't need to buy anything. They probably won't move in for at least two more chapters, but it won't take long for them to get there.

Here's the house, by a user called Hollena: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5707376

I'll take an in-game picture and post it.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 05:11:12 PM »
Happy birthday to the boys! Congrats to Sapphire for maxing Inventing! Great update.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 06:53:48 PM »
Thanks! I was kind of surprised I was able to accomplish her lifetime wish and max inventing while the first generation was still the focus.

Here's what their new house will be:

EDIT: Scratch what I said in the last post. I moved them in already. I think my game is bugged/glitched. The household randomly attained money again, $19,600 this time, when I loaded the game and I swear that's all I did. This is the only household this happens in too and I've had other families in Hidden Springs, so I doubt it's the world itself. The glitch kind of makes having them work pointless and little else is happening at the minute, which is why I'm frustrated.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Eight - Changes
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 07:48:33 PM »
Chapter 8: Changes

Garnet grew into a handsome young teenager and gained the proper trait.

Garnet doesn't have any skills. I'm a little worried about that. He did join the shop club at his school, but it seems more like something to keep him busy rather than something he's genuinely interested in. I hope he doesn't wait until the last minute to pick up an interest.

Becoming a teen did not affect how Garnet feels about his baby brother. He soon took to teaching him how to talk. Seemingly about work.

Not long after Garnet's birthday, the whole family had a big change. We moved to a new house just down the road. It was a beautiful house too.

Here's the kitchen and dining room.

The living room and a little workplace room for me.

My favorite, the pool area.

Mine and Hector's bedroom.

And the boys' bedrooms. We had to redo Garnet's because his was rather girlish, but he specifically asked us to keep the crown curtain and the heart rug and just recolor them instead.

Best of all, this house came with a new car! A mini-van.

It didn't take long for us to adjust to our new house. I fell back into my own little routine.

Garnet spent a lot of time with Pierce. I guess showing interest in his little brother is better than interest in nothing.

Uh...I think Pierce's bear has a rip in it. If not, how is he putting his arm through it like that?

I..I did it. I did it! Yes, I thought I would never get there! Yes!!

...oh? What did I do? Oops! Right. I invented every invention possible. There is nothing else to invent. I've created them all. And I also made the ultimate invention: a time machine.

I later got a call from the mayor at City Hall. For inventing a time machine, he had an award for me and asked me to come by to collect it. I did so proudly.

The award was a medal. To know that my achievement was such a big deal felt incredible, but I still gave myself a reward. A nice day at the spa.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 07:57:41 PM »
Happy Birthday Garnet! Congratulations to Sapphire for making every invention possible. Has she made a Simbot?

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »
No, she hasn't made a SimBot (I forgot about that one, actually). I don't have the necessary tools/ingredients for a SimBot.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline twinklestar27

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 03:23:42 PM »
I read all the chapters and I really like your story. I can't wait to read the next chapter and see what happens.  :)

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 09:39:46 PM »
Thanks! The next chapter is coming up soon!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Nine - Potions, Please
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 10:23:38 PM »
Chapter 9: Potions, Please

Hector, Garnet, Pierce and I have been going out to the Disco-Tech lately. I know it's silly for a toddler to be at a dance club, but the place is almost always empty. Pierce does nothing besides play with his doll or teddy bear anyway. It makes for a fun family outing.

Hector had a prom coming up. He did have a date, but she celebrated her young adult birthday before prom night, so Hector lost his date. He asked me a strange favor: to make his imaginary friend real. I thought he was out of his mind, but he really wanted to attend prom with a date, so I said yes.

I worked night and day and discover the potion needed to turn Garnet's imaginary friend real.

And blew a few potions up in my face every now and then. That's not pretty.

Despite my efforts, I didn't discover the potion in time, so Garnet had to go to prom alone. He was upset, but he sucked it up and went.

It turned out alright in the end because he was voted Prom King! Garnet had no idea he was so popular! He didn't even care about not having a date anymore.

A day later, I had finally discovered the correct potion and gave it to Garnet. All that time and effort was worth it to see him so happy and appreciative of it.

I left the room and he immediately gave it to his friend. Garnet took the picture for me, so I could finally see his friend. Weird-looking guy. Or, uh, girl.

Oh! His friend is a girl! Garnet says her name's Licorice, which has to be one of the strangest names I've heard. Then again, I named my second child Pierce, so who am I to say Licorice is strange?

Licorice looks kind of dazed, doesn't she?

In a very short amount of time, Garnet and Licorice went from being best friends to being boyfriend and girlfriend. I really don't know how I feel about that.

Putting that out of my mind for the minute, I needed to talk to Hector abot something important, but I didn't want to discuss it where the kids could accidentally overhear. So, we went out to the Hidden Gardens.

We skipped stones for a few minutes.

And then, I told Hector what was on my mind.

"Hector, listen," I said, a little shaky. "I'm worried. I don't want to be alone."

"Of  course, you won't be alone," he said. "Garnet and Pierce will be with you. And Licorice too, it seems."

I was a little relieved he knew what I was talking about, but it didn't calm me. "Hector, I'm just worried," I told him. "I want us both to see our children grow up and live their lives. I want us both to be here for them and..." I bit my lip, hoping what I was about to say next wouldn't come out wrong. "...I want another child."

Hector took my hands. "Sapphire, I want that too, but I'm afraid it's inevitable. When my time comes, there's no escaping it. I'm already at 90, dear."

"But there is something that can be done!" I said. I took out the potions I had brought along and handed one to Hector.

"What are these?" he asked me.

"Young Again potions," I explained. "I made them with my chemistry lab. Please say you'll drink it, so we can both see our family grow."

Hector smiled warmly at me. "On the count of three," he said. "One, two, three."

And we drank our potions at the same moment.

They tasted strange, but we were young adults once again. It felt so wonderful and all my stress was gone for those moments.

That night, we had a full moon, but fortunately, the zombies didn't bother us. That was a very good thing because it was Pierce's birthday!

Aww! Pierce became such a cute child! But where did he get those swim trunks?!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Ten - Little Boys Blue
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 02:44:24 PM »
Chapter 10: Little Boys Blue

Notice something different about me?

That's right! I'm pregnant again! I think Pierce is looking forward to being a big brother like Garnet. He keeps asking me when the baby's coming.

Don't tell anyone, but I'm hoping this baby will be a girl. I love my sons, but a baby girl would be nice. I haven't forgotten Licorice. She will likely be my daughter-in-law at some point. Oh, it's unexplainable.

Anyway, since our family is about to grow, Hector decided to go back to work. He rejoined the music track at level 5, but this time, he's going on the rock star branch.

Speaking of Licorice, I think she's figured out what she wants to do for a living. She hasn't said anything, but I've seen her working a lot on the computer.

She's also been borrowing Hector's tablet and Garnet said she joined the Newspaper Club at school. I think Licorice wants to be a writer. She is a bookworm, so that choice suits her well, I think.

When the full moon happened again, Pierce was scared. I wonder if he remembers his birthday was on a full moon night. The rest of us are used to it, but I think Pierce is afraid of the zombies coming after him (they don't bother us).

He asked Garnet to be his protector. Poor Pierce, feeling so scared.

Garnet promised him he'd be safe. Aww!

Too bad Garnet couldn't protect himself. The stereo broke and he tried to fix it. Three times. He kept getting shocked.

Neither I nor Hector, who have more handiness skill, were home and we wouldn't be home for a while, so Garnet finally gave up and called a repair worker.

I spent the night at the library to read the pregnancy books. Hector stayed next to me to make sure the zombies wouldn't touch me. I think he was just trying to be romantic. He knows they don't bother us. They're creepy, but they're harmless towards us.

Just my luck. I go into labor at the library and on the night of a full moon.

I would've stayed right there because the library was empty and quiet, but the labor pains were terrible. They were worse than I felt with Garnet or Pierce. Hector drove me to the hospital quickly.

It was no wonder I felt twice the pain. I had twins! Twin boys, to be exact. No daughter, but I don't care. I'm still as happy as ever with my new sons, Ryder and River!

Ryder is good and a loner while River loves the outdoors and is disciplined.

We bought baby swings for the boys. They took to them right away. River fell asleep almost as soon as we turned his on.

It was morning when I got out of the hospital, so how does this chapter end? With Garnet getting a driving lesson from Hector.

Author's note: I was really surprised Sapphire had boys, let alone, two! I did buy her and Hector the fertility treatment LTR, but I didn't have her eat any apples. I thought a girl would just happen since she already had two boys, but I guess the game doesn't work that way.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Ten - Little Boys Blue
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
I haven't updated this story for a while, but there will be one coming soon, either tonight or tomorrow night.

I'm sorry. I know I said I would update this around the 8th and it's now the 25th. A couple of things got in the way. :-[

But I will say this: The next chapter ends the first generation. After this one, Garnet will be the storyteller.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Eleven - Birthdays Abound
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 12:17:03 AM »
Chapter 11: Birthdays Abound

Hector and I built a small nursery for the twins. We had to create a third floor because there was no way we could make space on the second floor. Creating a third floor was the easiest way to do it.

Garnet is such a help around the house. He regularly does laundry and cleaning without so much as a grumble.

Licorice has been on the computer day and night, refining her writing skill. At the rate she's going, I won't be surprised if she has a book published before she becomes a young adult. She seems really determined and hard at work.

But of course, none of us work 24/7. There are some days we just have fun and relax. Like the weekend Hector, Pierce and I went out to Han's Tavern & Cafe. Pierce is only a child, so he can't drink coffee, but he still likes cafes. He happily played with his teddy bear while Hector and I had our drinks.

And while we were out, Garnet and Licorice spent some time together in the pool.

I can only imagine how awkward it is for two teenagers in a relationship to be living in the same house as their parents. I still think it's a little weird for Garnet to be in love with his imaginary friend, but worse things happen.

In arbitrary news, I got to enjoy the last piece of baked angel food cake we got from the bistro. I'm surprised it was still in perfect quality after it was in the fridge so long.

The twins' birthdays finally came. Babies just don't seem to stay babies for long, do they?

I brought Ryder to his cake while Hector took River to the other.

Sparkles as always...

And now, here's Ryder...

...and River!

I soon got a picture of my littlest boys together. Too bad they didn't look at the camera!

River and Ryder's birthday wasn't the only one to be celebrated. Just a day later, it was Pierce's birthday!

Like his child birthday, Pierce's teen birthday fell on a zombie night. But he didn't seem scared at all.

Pierce got long hair like Garnet, but he kept his a bit neater.

We didn't do much to Pierce's bedroom. We simply moved the furniture around a bit and bought him an exercise machine so he wouldn't have to go to the gym to gain athleticism. Speaking of which, Pierce became a supernatural skeptic. Luckily, we don't have any supernaturals in Hidden Springs, so he should be fine. Although if one moves in, I hope Pierce will be polite.

After school, I took my family out to the summer festival at Beryl Lane. We took a greeting card photo, rollerskated and even competed with one another in the eating contest! We stayed well into the night. Even Pierce, who hates the outdoors, had a great time.

Guess what we celebrated when we got back? After Pierce's birthday, it was time for Garnet and Licorice to become young adults! Oh, my goodness! All these birthdays!

Here are their new wardrobes.

Garnet became family-oriented and desired to be a Renaissance Sim, which means he has to max out three skills. Licorice, in contrast to Pierce, became a supernatural fan. She wants to be a professional author, which means she needs to have $4,000 per week in royalty checks. Licorice also had her name changed to Lauren.

I guess Licorice---er, Lauren---got tired of her blue hair. She dyed it black with highlights and tips that matched her bright blue eyes. She looks quite lovely, doesn't she?

Garnet almost immediately proposed to Lauren. I guess he had his future wife all along. You know what? It's okay. I'm not that creeped out anymore. Not that it would've stopped him from proposing to her anyway!

But now, it's time. Garnet is my first-born child and a young adult. He needs a place for himself and Lauren and with me, Hector and four other kids, it'll just be too cramped. So I decided it was time for us to move and leave the house to Garnet.

By the way, did you notice I said four other kids, not three?

Yep! I got the little girl I wanted after all. Believe it or not, it was Hector's idea. I never told anyone, but Hector knew I still had a strong desire for a girl and figured there was no reason I couldn't have my wish, so we talked it over and decided to adopt. Her name is Roxanna.

Anyway, Hector, Pierce, River, Ryder, Roxanna and I moved to nice house a few blocks away. With four bedrooms and three bathrooms, it had plenty of space. A room for me and Hector, a room for Pierce, a room for the twins and a room for Roxanna. Perfect!

(Note: The house looks a lot better than this picture shows. My game was having a little loading trouble, apparently.)

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twelve - The Wedding On Top
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 02:50:53 AM »
Chapter 12: The Wedding On Top

Hello, I'm Garnet. I live in a big house with my fiancée, Lauren, who used to be my imaginary friend doll named Licorice.

I have three younger brothers and a newly adopted little sister. My parents moved out and took my siblings along. They said that since I'm the first-born and now a young adult, Lauren and I get the house.

I miss having my family around, but I have to admit it feels great not having so many people living under one roof. After they moved out, Lauren admitted to feeling uncomfortable around so many people.

Lauren and I did some remodeling. First, we tore down my baby brothers' nursery. Since there are no longer eight people living here, we didn't need the third floor anymore. We turned Pierce's old bedroom into a nursery.

We took Mom and Dad's bedroom for ourselves and left it unaltered. Our old bedroom became a children's bedroom.

Don't be fooled by the pink. Lauren and I really don't care whether we have a son or daughter. Lauren just thought it looked better in pink and doesn't believe in stereotypes.

I feel embarrassed to admit it, but I don't have my heart set on anything like Lauren does. She's dead-set on becoming a writer. In fact, she's self-employed and recently started her first book. But I've got nothing.

One day, I told Lauren that I don't think I'll be a good example for our future children, but she disagreed. She told me I could set a good example by teaching them the skills I will learn and there's more to being an adult than just working. Lauren knows just what to say when someone's feeling down.

At least, I can say I have chosen my three skills: cooking, piano and nectar making. I want to learn cooking because I'm sick of outdoor food or always going to the diner. Nectar would be a nice treat for me and Lauren to share on a nice night. As for piano, I loved hearing Dad play his guitar. I can even remember it as a baby. Not much, of course, but I do. I'd love to be able to play an instrument for my own kids, but I want to learn something different, so I chose the piano.

We put the piano where Mom's inventing workbench used to be because I don't want to carry it around everywhere.

Lauren really loves the summer festival. She's become great at rollerblading.

We play a game of soccer every time too.

But rollerblading and soccer are where it ends. Lauren doesn't like face painting because it makes her feel like a toy again. The thought of competing in an eating contests make her sick.

I once asked her how it felt to be a toy.

"I hated it!" she told me. "As toys, we're sentient, but we can't move one bit. Even after we can move, we're still kind of mindless. We literally can't think much."

"So I take it you like being human?"

"So, so much!" she gushed. "It feels so good to move where and when I want and think on my own! But I know I'm lucky. Most of us never get to have human life. We stay imaginary friends forever."

I was almost scared to ask further. "So what happens when the human dies?"

Lauren's sudden sad face told me I should've kept my mouth shut. "After our human dies, we're left alone. We wander about the world. Since we can't be seen by anyone else, we never have social lives. Sometimes, we just...end our pain ourselves."

I didn't have the heart to tell Lauren about my brothers' dolls, who'd likely never be human. I just told her I loved her instead.

For a while, Lauren and I debated whether to have a traditional wedding or a private one. Lauren still felt a little uncomfortable around my large family, but she was willing to put that aside if I wanted. However, I was leaning toward a private wedding too. Pierce hates the outdoors, so he would become irritable eventually. Ryder, River and Roxanna are toddlers, so they wouldn't understand what was going on. Really, only my parents would be able to attend and I don't think they'd feel it was fair to make Pierce babysit.

In the end, a private wedding was really a no-brainer. We got married at the Redwood Peak Viewing Area. It was beautiful.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twelve - The Wedding On Top
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 04:22:35 AM »
Congrats to the newlyweds. I can't wait to see their children. They definitely will be beautiful.

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Thirteen - The Sweet and the Smart
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 01:12:32 AM »
Chapter 13: The Sweet and the Smart

Lauren finally finished and published her first book, Lyrics for the Lovelorn, and got promoted to Tabloid Typist. She stayed up almost all night to get that book done, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Lauren is a night owl, after all. The only downside is she gets mad if I wake her up before ten o'clock. You don't want to see Lauren mad. Trust me.

I took a cooking class at the bistro and a piano class at the theater to get started on my skills. The classes cost $800 total, but Lauren and I aren't tight on money, so it's not a big deal.

I have a tablet, so I could easily start on nectar-making, but I don't have the equipment. Lauren says it's only available in France, so we have to book a trip. We might also have to build another room for it, something I really don't want to do since we only recently deconstructed the third floor. The only option would be to buy a lot and build a small room there for me to use the machine. I'm not sure if that's possible.

Lauren and I have been talking about children. We know we don't want five kids like my parents had! I love my siblings endlessly, but the house felt too crowded or too loud sometimes. Not to mention Lauren's discomfort being around a large amount of people.

Lauren still rejoices at being human. If she's not at her computer, I can't keep her away from the festival! Then, I introduced her to swimming in the ocean. Bad idea. Now, there are two places she can't stay away from!

The irony is we have a pool at home, but I guess oceans and pools are different.

After Lauren got enough of the ocean and skating for the time being, we booked our trip to France. It would've cost $2,900, but since Lauren and both have the Jetsetter LTR, it was only $2,400. A $500 discount is better than none and France was worth it!

Lauren bought a laptop to take with her, so she could start working on another book while I did what I needed.

I went to the town square to purchase some skill books on nectar-making. After getting some directions, I made my way to the nectary.

For some reason, I expected it to be larger.

The store clerk was friendly. She sold me a nectar machine and some fruit and told me I could try out one of the machines they already had.

The machine really wasn't as big as I thought, though it would still take up a lot of room in our house. I put in all ten fruit, got in my swim shorts and started squishing.

It felt weird at first, but I got used to it and got all the fruit smashed. The clerk had told me to make sure nothing remains whole. It only took a few minutes and then, I started the machine up.

It took a few hours and the nectar came out bad, but that's to be expected. It was my first time trying. I was still happy and went back to the hotel feeling proud.

Lauren had gotten her second book, The Dog Barks No More, published. She works so fast! Since her book was done and I got the nectar machine and books, the rest of our trip was spent together. We decided to call it our honeymoon vacation.

Our trip was only three days long, but it was a good trip and I'd love to go back someday.

We put the nectar machine in the hallway for the time being. It won't stay there, but it'll have to do for now.

By the way, I didn't show everything Lauren and I did. But you can probably guess what else happened from this picture.

Yes, Lauren's pregnant and we are excited!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Fourteen - Triple the Trouble
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 08:25:34 PM »
Chapter 14: Triple the Trouble

Lauren and I have been trying to guess which gender our baby may be.

Of course, we'll be happy with whichever it is, but knowing would make it easier to decide on a name.

Lauren went to the spa because her back started hurting. I got worried, but she says it's normal and not a big deal. Besides, the spa is just one more place for her to explore.

While she was out, Lauren also went to the bookstore and bought books on preparing for a baby. She wanted us both to be as ready as possible, so she asked me to read one. I wasn't really into a pregnancy book, but I read it to make Lauren happy. Besides, it is just a book.

Pregnancy didn't keep Lauren away from the summer festival. Since it was the last day of summer, she wanted to enjoy it while she could. Unfortunately, her favorite activities, skating and soccer, were off-limits, but she did have plenty of fun.

(Lauren won and the other woman threw up.)

To celebrate the final day of summer, Lauren and I set off fireworks. It was a great way to end the season and Lauren said she had the best time.

I found this bluebird at the festival and befriended it. We brought it home and named it Azul.

Lauren went into labor that night! I was so shocked, I freaked out! I didn't know what to do!

We drove to the hospital, where Lauren gave birth to triplets! That was completely unexpected, but we were thrilled nonetheless!

Here's Aquamarina! She loves the cold and the outdoors.

Alexandria came second. She loves the heat and is a genius.

Finally, Alessandro. He's a brave, but absent-minded little one.

By the time we got the triplets home, the first day of fall had already come. Lauren and I think it started off wonderfully.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Fifteen - Cakes for Three, Please
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2013, 03:19:27 PM »
Chapter 15: Cakes for Three, Please

Since we hadn't seen the family much since they left, we invited them over to meet the triplets.

Since Lauren is uncomfortable around lots of people, she shied away in our room. But my youngest brothers weren't interested in the babies, so she ended up spending a little time with River.

Ryder was bored out of his mind. I think he was tired of all the fussing.

Even Pierce played with the triplets.

I also played the piano for everyone. Even River and Ryder came in to listen.

It wasn't until after everyone was about to leave that I realized Dad and Roxanna hadn't come. Mom said Roxanna wasn't feeling well, so Dad stayed home to watch her. I guess they'll meet the triplets another time.

Taking care of three babies at a time might be tiring, but Lauren still made time to work on her writing.

I do my best to keep the triplets content until she's done for the day.

Our babies weren't babies for long. Those days passed by fast and before we knew it, it was time to celebrate their birthday!

Alessandro went first.

Then, it was Alexandria's turn.

Finally, Aquamarina went.

And here's what our three little ones look like now! It looks like they get along already.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 11:01:55 PM »
Here is the Gemstone family so far:

Sapphire Gemstone - Gen 1 (Founder)
Traits: Absent-Minded, Eccentric, Vegetarian, Easily Impressed, Handy
Favorites: Latin, Autumn Salad, Blue
LTW: The Tinkerer
Sign: Virgo

Hector Mendoza - Gen 1 (Spouse)
Traits: Great Kisser, Virtuoso, Mooch, Schmoozer, Kleptomaniac
Favorites: Custom, Grilled Cheese, Spice Brown
LTW: Hit Movie Composer
Sign: Aquarius

Garnet Gemstone - Gen 2 (Heir)
Traits: Neurotic, Family-oriented, Proper, Frugal, Friendly
Favorites: Classical, Spaghetti, Yellow
LTW: Renaissance Sim
Sign: Capricorn

Pierce Gemstone - Gen 2 (Spare)
Traits: Good Sense of Humor, Hates the Outdoors, Athletic, Supernatural Skeptic
Favorites: Classical, Vegetarian Fish and Chips, Grey
LTW: N/A
Sign: Aries

Ryder Gemstone - Gen 2 (Spare)
Traits: Loner, Good, Hydrophobic
Favorites: Classical, Mushroom Omelette, Black
Sign: Taurus

River Gemstone - Gen 2 (Spare)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Disciplined, Diva
Favorites: Dark Wave, Lobster Thermidor, Green
Sign: Taurus

Roxanna Gemstone - Gen 2 (Spare)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Good, Snob
Favorites: Hip Hop, Spaghetti, Grey
Sign: Leo

Lauren Gemstone - Gen 2 (Spouse)
Traits: Adventurous, Supernatural Fan, Night Owl, Bookworm, Daredevil
Favorites: R&B, Fish and Chips, Irish Green
LTW: Professional Author
Sign: Libra

Aquamarina Gemstone - Gen 3 (Heir)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Loves the Cold
Favorites: Classical, Shawarma, Lilac
Sign: Aquarius

Alexandria Gemstone - Gen 3 (Spare)
Traits: Genius, Loves the Heat
Favorites: Kids, Chili Con Carne, Purple
Sign: Capricorn

Alessandro Gemstone - Gen 3 (Spare)
Traits: Brave, Absent-minded
Favorites: Chinese, Cheesesteak, White
Sign: Libra

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Jaaaaks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 11:17:59 AM »
Neat how your triplets all got different hair colours and genders! Usually my twins/triplets are all the same gender, with some hair colour variants. Never had three completely different nooboos though!

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Sixteen - Winter Rolls
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 03:06:41 PM »
I'd been wanting to update this story for about two weeks now, but I was having trouble with the game file. Thankfully, I got it fixed and it's working well now.
------
Chapter 16: Winter Rolls

Lauren and I have been busy, trying to teach the kids all their skills before their next birthday. Anyone who says triplets aren't exhausting is lying! I have to admit they did learn fairly fast, especially Alexandria, but they have more energy than us.

We also made time to play with them when we could. Aquamarina loves the xylophone, Alexandria loves the peg box and Alessandro seems to enjoy playing inside the toybox most. I really can't wait to see what they'll grow up to be.

After learning and playtime, I put Alessandro and Alexandria in the swings because they were getting a bit fussy.

Aquamarina played with the block table and she was content, so Lauren and I got some time to ourselves. Lauren worked on a book while studied and mastered nectar making, one of my three chosen skills. Two more to go!

We really love how well the kids get along. Hopefully, it stays like this and sibling rivalry won't be much of a concern.

The next day, one day before their birthday, we took the toddlers for a stroll with their carriage. I didn't think Alexandria, who loves the heat, would enjoy being out in the cold, but she had as much fun on her stroll as her siblings.

I got some more studying in and mastered cooking. Now, only piano is left!

On their birthday, we didn't start things until a bit late because Alexandria wasn't feeling too well during the morning and slept until the afternoon. After she was feeling better, Lauren and I let her watch television with Aquamarina and Alessandro while we got the cakes.

Alessandro went first.

Then, Alexandria had her turn.

Finally, it was Aquamarina's turn, but I guess she got impatient and couldn't wait for her cake.

Here's Aquamarina...

...Alexandria...

...and Alessandro.

Aquamarina became a diva, Alexandria became a bit of a snob and Alessandro got rebellious. So Lauren and I have a diva, a snob and a rebel on our hands. Looks like Lauren and I are in for it during the next few years.

We were going to turn the nursery into a bedroom Alessandro because we didn't think it was appropriate for him to share a room with his sisters now, but he didn't like the idea and, surprisingly, neither did the girls. They begged us to let them keep sharing a room. I still wasn't sure about it, but Lauren figured it would be okay since they're only sharing a room and not beds. Plus, the nursery could become their playroom. It was settled then.

We stored the baby furniture in inventory and bought a few more toys.

Then, we bought a bunk bed for Aquamarina and Alexandria to share. And no, Alessandro doesn't mind the pink wallpaper.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 01:14:54 AM »
Glad to see you fixed your problems! Happy birthday to the triplets! Lauren and Garnet sure do have their hands full with a Diva, Snob and Rebel!

Offline batsrcool

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 09:25:50 PM »
The kids all look nice! I'm curious, are any of them Imaginary Friends, or are they all regular Sims?

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 05:06:37 PM »
All of the kids are imaginary friends and can turn into toy form. I didn't know that was genetic!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2013, 04:50:45 PM »
Some bad news:

I am going to continue this story, but for now, it has to be put on hold. The game is fine. Nothing devastating has happened. There's no tragedy. I just have some things going on in my life right now that need my attention. I can't say when I'll be back because I really don't know myself. What I can say is that I won't be back until July, at least. It depends on how things turn out.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2013, 09:47:09 AM »
No worries Kaye :) We all understand you perfectly, so take your time. Hope everything works out in real life ! :D *thumbs up*

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Seventeen - Aqua Finds A Talent
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 11:53:21 PM »
I know this is a small update, but I really wanted to add a chapter to this legacy. The next chapter will have more detail.
------
Chapter 17: Aqua Finds A Talent

So far, our little diva, our rebel, and our snobbish genius haven't caused us any trouble. They still get along well as children just like when they were toddlers. When Lauren and I are busy, the kids like to dance in the dining room together.

Lauren enrolled Aqua and Alex in ballet, and Andro in scouting. I'd think she'd have chosen scouting for Aqua too because she loves the outdoors, but Aqua was happy.

I am still practicing on the piano. I'm so close, but still have a long way to go before I master this skill.

The next day was declared a snow day, so the kids didn't have to attend school. Lauren suggested we go out to the winter festival for some fun.

For some reason, it took us a while to realize we weren't dressed for weather. That didn't stop us from having fun, though!

Aqua took to the snowboarding half-pipe. I'm neurotic, so I was really worried about her hurting herself, but Lauren convinced me she'd be okay. The snow would cushion any falls.

She did fall a few times, but she kept getting back up, so I guess Lauren was right. And she looked like a natural at it, to be honest.

Alex and Andro engaged in a snowball fight.

And Lauren stood by to watch them have fun while drinking hot chocolate.

Aqua spent so much time on the half-pipe, she won enough tickets to buy to her own!

Our lot wasn't big enough for a half-pipe, but Lauren had a solution to that, although she was afraid I might consider it too much. Her idea? Buy a second lot for the half-pipe.

A whole lot for only a half-pipe did seem like much, but it couldn't fit on our home lot and Aqua clearly loved snowboarding, so why not? Plus, we lived a considerable distance from the festival grounds, so she wouldn't have to come all this way when she wanted to snowboard.

The lot we purchased was right down the street. Now, she has a place to snowboard all her own.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

karlissa

Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Seventeen - Aqua Finds A Talent
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2013, 11:52:14 AM »
I think the Rebel is going to cause problems with the snob and diva, and by the way I love the way you're writing, keep it up!

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Eighteen - Snow and Rox
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2013, 02:04:26 AM »
Chapter 18: Snow and Rox

The kids had another snow day, so they spent it at the lot where Lauren and I placed Aqua's snowboarding half-pipe.

I may have been anxious about it before, but I'm glad Lauren came up with the idea to buy a second lot. The kids have their own place to play now and they're not too far away.

While the children were playing together on the lot, I caught up with my sister Roxanna, who's all grown up.

She was cheerful and I learned she got a degree in physical education. She was eager to talk about almost anything and wasted no time in telling me how the rest of the family was doing.

Eventually, Roxanna had to get home, so I had to say goodbye, but I was glad to have spent a bit of time with her. We're a little closer now.

Lauren made a big accomplishment today. She achieved her lifetime wish of becoming a professional author. She'd written ten novels, one in almost every genre, and her checks now totaled to over $4,000. She was even promoted from a Paperback Pauper to a Work-for-Hire Wordsmith.

I'm so proud of her and gave her congratulations when I later got home.

She also showed me this picture of Aqua complimenting herself, apparently for washing the dishes. Would she like to thank the academy or her parents?

The kids must've been exhausted from their day of fun because they were all fast asleep in next to no time at all. Lauren said they'd seen a movie before coming home as well.

Since the kids were asleep, Lauren and I spent some special time together downstairs. That doesn't sound like much, but with three children and skill work, it's harder than it seems.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Nineteen - Rainy Birthdays
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 04:55:49 PM »
Chapter 19: Rainy Birthdays

The triplets still get along fairly well, but they are starting to grow apart. They've had their squabbles from time to time.

But their fights end as quickly as they start and the kids are back to playing together and having fun.

Alex seems to be taking after her mother. Lauren still writes books and whenever she gets on the computer, Alex grabs a book from the shelf.

Meanwhile, the rebel is coming out in Alessandro. He's begun pulling pranks around the house. Lauren's gotten hit with three already. His favorite seems to be spraying water.

As for Aqua, she's still attached to her snowboard, but when she can't be on her half-pipe, she shows off her ballet moves to Lauren and I.

I have finally mastered piano. That's the final of the three skills I've chosen, which means I've achieved my lifetime wish.

Out of all three, piano was the hardest. It took the longest time, and I was so close to giving up. I'm glad I didn't, but I think I'll stay away from  the piano for a while. My fingers need to rest!

Lauren is the only one who had something bad happen to her. Our bird Azul died.

I offered to buy her a new bird, but she didn't want any more pets for the time being. And if she changes her mind, she wants a dog.

The day before the kids' birthdays, and on their last day of elementary school, they had a field trip to the police station.

Alessandro tried the jail food - and vomited - while Aqua and Alex accidentally locked one of the officers in the cell. They each got a souvenir to hang on their wall.

Lauren's birthday fell on the same day as the children's, so we held a party for all of them at the lot where Aqua's half-pipe is and invited the whole family. Unfortunately, the party got caught in the rain, but everyone still had a fairly good time.

Aquamarina become artistic and gained a liking for lipstick. Somehow, I never noticed before, but she's the only one who has my hair color. Alex and Andro have Lauren's.

Alexandria became a bookworm. That's no surprise. I wonder if there'll be a second writer in the future.

Alessandro became hydrophobic. Irony doesn't even begin to describe that. He's brave, he likes pulling water pranks, but he's afraid of water? Not to mention we have a pool at our house.

Since they're teens, Andro finally got his own room. The girls kept the bunk bed to save space. Andro was a little upset, though. Not because he's no longer sharing a room with his sisters, but because their room is bigger than his. Well, we can't really do much about that.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Nineteen - Rainy Birthdays
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2013, 07:00:59 PM »
I'm sure is Alessandro doesn't want the small room, he can share the larger room with one of his sisters.  ;D They're such a cute family.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twenty - Prom Night
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »
Chapter 20: Prom Night

It seems like the Aqua and Alex have taken some interests. Aqua joined the shop and art clubs at school, and she spends most of her free time on her easel outside. Even if it's cold, she'll be out there, as long as it's not raining.

Alex joined the newspaper club, but she's also been taking classes at City Hall and spending a lot time practicing her speaking in front of the mirror.

Andro wasn't sure what he wanted to do, so he got a part-time job at the grocery store.

I told him not to fret over it because he has plenty of time to figure something out. There's no need to rush anything.

Our children have been spending more time with us as well. Either just chatting with us or asking us to help them with their homework. No reason as far as I  know. They're just doing it.

Lauren and I aren't whining about it, of course. We appreciate it. And all three made honor roll.

Prom came on Friday night. Neither of the triplets had a date, so they went as their own group.

Andro had to work on prom night and couldn't take off, so after an argument with his boss, he quit. I'd disagree with that, but prom does only come once. Can't blame him, really.

From what we heard when they came back, it was a very...interesting night to say the least. Here's the rundown I was able to put together:

Andro and Alex were voted prom king and prom queen, Andro and Aqua got into fights, all three were rejected for dancing at first, they eventually found schoolmates to dance with and started relationships, Aqua and Alex were momentarily mesmerized by the dance lights, Aqua had a drink thrown in her face, and Andro fell flat on his face. So all in all, Alex had the best time, Andro was second, and Aqua had the least, although still a good time there. And all three went in single and came out partners.

I don't remember my prom being as exciting.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twenty-One - A Troublemaker Stirs
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2014, 04:40:13 AM »
Chapter 21: A Troublemaker Stirs

While the girls seem to have some clear goals, Alessandro is still trying to figure out his. That's okay. What's not okay is he's been causing some trouble.

He's become the town prankster. Lauren and I weren't aware at first, but Aqua and Alex came home one afternoon and told us how some of their schoolmates complained to them about Alessandro because their parents had complained about his pranks.

Alessandro probably knew he was in trouble when he came home from school that day. For a second, he looked remorseful, but that wasn't going to get him any sympathy.

And copping a bad attitude wasn't going to help him either!

For about a minute, we had an argument, but in the end, he knew he was busted and he was in more trouble for arguing and talking back than he would've been for just the pranks.

He was grounded for a week and he had a long list of chores to do to keep him busy for that week. He whined about that not being fair, but when he went to Lauren, she had no sympathy for him either.

Why he thought playing us against each other would work is beyond, but needless to say, Lauren agreed with me. From what Lauren told me later, he felt like I was treating him like a child. What does he think pulling pranks is? Childish.

But after that, he didn't try any more stunts and accepted his punishment.

A little while later, I caught Alex and Aqua looking sad as they came down the stairs. I asked them what was wrong. They weren't being punished.

"Nothing," Aqua told me, but her face said otherwise.

"Come on," I insisted. "Out with it. Why are you two upset?"

"Well...we wanted to have a slumber party," Alex finally admitted.

"So why didn't you ask?"

"Because you and Mom were fussing with Alessandro," Aqua answered.

"You still could've asked," I told them. I talked to Lauren and we gave them permission to have their party. Alessandro didn't need to be told not to try to join. I guess he figured the punishment he already had was enough.

The girls had their party the next night and only invited one guest, a classmate named Mindi Adams. Considering how small their bedroom is (not that we would've confined them there), three is probably all they can fit!

The triplets' birthday is soon approaching and we're hoping no more punishment will have to be administered because we want to plan something big for all three of them.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2014, 12:28:39 PM »
I really love this story and your style of writing!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2014, 02:01:48 PM »
Nice job on your story so far.  The triplets are lovely!  The photos you had of the triplets as children where each one was waving after they received their new hairstyles/clothes were extra cute.  I also really like the name theme of Gemstones.  Very good idea!  I like doing name themes myself and might have to give this one a try in a dynasty somewhere down the road.  Looking forward to more :)

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Two - Birthday Bash
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2014, 04:58:46 AM »
Chapter 22: Birthday Bash

Alessandro toned down his prankster self and kept his pranks reserved for us around the house. Alex and I didn't exactly laugh, but Lauren and Aqua didn't mind. He was never in trouble with his pranks to begin with. He'd been in trouble being a nuisance to others, especially since Lauren and I had to learn about it through Aqua and Alex after the complaints were taken to them.

We heard no more complaints after that, and Alessandro even apologized to the classmates who'd complained, so we let it go. He served his punishment and apologized, so holding it over his head was unnecessary.

Lauren and I had a special surprise for the triplets' upcoming birthday. It fell on Saturday, so we were able to get most of the work done while they were at school.

We hadn't finished when school was dismissed. Alex and Andro have clubs after school, but Aqua doesn't, so we asked her to collect some seeds for us to keep her out a little longer. Thankfully, she didn't ask why!

About an hour later, Lauren and I had everything ready for the party. All the guests were called, the tables were set up, and most importantly, the triplets had no idea.

When everyone was finally home for the night, we told the triplets they had to be awake by nine o'clock tomorrow. They did ask why, but we simply told them it was an important event they couldn't exist.

The next morning, everyone was up by nine and ready by ten. The party was supposed to start at eleven, so we arrived ten minutes early. Lauren and I told the triplets to close their eyes. They did, we led them inside, and let them open their eyes. The second they did, all of the guests yelled, "Surprise!!"

And surprised, they were! The party kicked off great. For a while, everyone danced and skated in the rink, but soon enough, the guests started to get hungry. The triplets decided it was a good time to blow out their cakes.

Aquamarina.

Alexandria.

Alessandro.

The party continued into the night, so it was getting close to being time for everyone to close home, but the triplets didn't want the party to end before they'd done the firewalk!

Andro and Aqua were nervous going over it, but Alex just strolled across like she couldn't feel a thing.

After their burning soles were cooled, the party was over. Everyone enjoyed themselves and thanked us for inviting them. They gave the triplets some final congratulations as they left out. Lauren, the triplets, and I were all tired too, but there was one more surprise before the day was over.

Lobster Thermidor! It was a favorite dish for all of us and I'd made it just for the triplets' birthday. Thankfully, we weren't too full from the cake and party food to have some.

A little later, when the triplets were getting ready to go to bed, Lauren and I went into the girls' room to talk to Aqua (Alex wasn't there yet).

"Aqua, listen, honey," Lauren had said. "A few days from, your father and I will be leaving."

"What? Where are you going?"

"Don't worry," I told her. "We're not going far. We'll be close by. But you and your siblings are adults now, and as the oldest, you are going to be in charge of the house."

"So Alex and Andro have to leave too?"

"No," Lauren told her. "That's up to them. The three of you have to work that out. We're not leaving right away. It'll be a few weeks. Don't worry about it."

"How close is close by?"

"Next door," I told her.

She smiled at that and we left, so she could sleep for the night. For all of us, it'd been an amazing day.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Three - Different Paths
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2015, 05:07:14 PM »
Chapter 23: Different Paths

The graduation ceremony was held just a few days after the birthday party.

All three of our triplets graduated with honors and Aqua was chosen as valedictorian. Lauren and I were very proud of them. Lauren almost cried, and I don't blame her. It was hard to see all three of our babies up there at once. And, thankfully, they didn't hear that.

Shortly after, Alex and Andro went out to find work. Andro signed up for the military while Alex went for journalism. I guess Lauren's love of writing rubbed off on her.

My sister Roxanna invited us to a costume party. I'm not one to dress up, but everyone else. Lauren went as a military soldier (ironic), Aqua went as a firefighter, Alex chose a mermaid costume (surprised that wasn't Aqua's choice), and Andro dressed up as...I don't even know. A punk?

Aqua isn't sure what career she wants, or if she even wants one for the time being. She's content to paint and practice her snowboarding.

That's fine with us. Lauren and I won't be here for much longer, so it's wholly up to her. I hope she does make up her mind soon, though. There's no telling if Alex and Andro will stay or not.

Speaking of Andro, he's doing very well in the military. He's already gotten a promotion and he's very proud of that. He's working hard to keep it up.

Alex isn't slacking either. She's moving her way up quickly.

Aqua eventually mastered painting, so it seems she started focusing on romance. She's been spending more time with her boyfriend since she graduated.

Lauren's excited at the thought of seeing our kids marry, so she's happy to see Aqua in a relationship. I just hope they're getting along.

It became pretty obvious our kids would be fine, so Lauren and I decided on a house near my parents' and siblings. Before we moved, Lauren celebrated her birthday.

It wasn't easy to let go, but it was necessary. They knew we loved them and they could call on us if they really needed help, but I'm certain they'll be fine.

Lauren: Now, who's crying?

Lauren...

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Four - A Little Lonely
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2015, 10:14:39 PM »
Chapter 24: A Little Lonely

Hey there, everyone. It's me, Aquamarina. You can just call me Aqua. Everyone else does.

I love my Mom and Dad, but it's nice having the house a little less full. Since I mastered painting, I decided to take up sculpting. I put the sculpting station where Dad's nectar-maker used to be.

Our house was about to have even more room because my sister was also leaving shortly to move in with her boyfriend, Sam.

Alex worked her way up to being an investigative reporter. I'm really happy for my sister that she's doing so well with her career and is going on her own, but I can't say I won't miss her. She's the only sister I've got, after all.

After she was sure she had everything, Alex told our brother and me goodbye. She left after work with Sam.

My room didn't feel the same anymore. It's funny. I'd always say under my breath I couldn't wait until my siblings grew up, so we could move out and have our own houses. Now, it feels too soon.

Somehow, even my sleep felt different, knowing Alex wasn't above me before I drifted off.

But I was about to feel even lonelier. Yep, Andro was moving out soon too. I had to fake a smile when he told me that news.

The thing about my brother is he can easily see through fake smiles, so he knew I wasn't happy. I wanted to keep it to myself, but he made me 'fess up. I told him the truth. I missed our family and I didn't really want to be alone. It didn't feel like I thought it would. It felt...lonely.

Andro said he felt the same, but none of us were alone. We wouldn't be living together, but we'd still have each other because that's what family is for. And, of course, if I really needed help, they'd come back in a heartbeat.

That made me feel a whole lot better. I still wasn't exactly looking forward to being alone in this big house, but it helped knowing my family wasn't far away.

Andro moved out the next day to be with his girlfriend, Mindi.

Like Alex, he left after work that day.

So now, it's only me. No parents and no siblings. Just me. But I'll be okay.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Five - Two In The House
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2015, 11:12:59 PM »
Chapter 25: Two In The House

I never realized how empty it'd feel without my family around. I guess I just need to get used to being alone.

Really, I just go throughout the day, trying to fill my time however I can. I don't have a traditional job, so I don't make much money right now, but it's enough to live on and pay the bills.

When spring arrived, Alexandria held a "Welcome, Spring" party and invited me. It was a nice little get together with some of her other friends. We chatted, watched TV, and Alex made salad for us.

Going to Alex's party only reminded me more of how much I miss everyone, so the next day, I invited my boyfriend over and asked him to move in with me. It was a sudden request, but he gladly said yes.

I guess I'm just not someone who does well all on her own.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Six - Three of Us
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2015, 12:04:41 AM »
Chapter 26: Three of Us

Ruben and I have been trying to get ourselves together. I want to focus on my creative skills and Ruben doesn't really know what exactly he wants to pursue, but if we keep going like this, we're going to be flat broke sooner than we realize. My creations don't earn us a steady income just yet. We're not exactly lacking anything, but soon, we wouldn't only have ourselves to support.

I eventually found myself not feeling so well and it took me less than a few days to realize I was pregnant.

Ruben and I were both excited, but also very nervous. We weren't even married, despite that we'd been playing too. We didn't know how we were going to fit in a baby on top of everything else we were trying to do, but we had to.

Up until it was finally time for me to go into labor, things were pretty stressful. I was sore much of the time, though Ruben helped with that, and it was hard to study or focus on anything because I felt like my energy had been sliced in half. Ruben was worried about leaving me alone to work since I felt so awful. Secretly, I was glad he preferred to stay with me, but it wasn't helping our situation.

I went into labor during the night. That's the worst way to be woken out of your sleep.

I didn't really want to go out into the dark, but the hospital has pain medication!

I gave birth to a little girl we named Amethyst. I didn't realize until afterwards Amethyst starts with an "A". I blame my parents for that one!

My grandparents had five children and my parents had three. I love my family, but I think I'm going to stop at one. I hope Ruben doesn't want any more kids. At the very least, not until we get ourselves sorted out.

Since it was so late, I put Amethyst to bed. She fell asleep almost instantly.

Ruben and I sat down to finally discuss things seriously. We had to get ourselves in order, not just for us, but for our child. We couldn't just wander around forever.

We talked for a long while. Miraculously, the baby didn't wake up for anything. We laid everything out and decided we'd prioritize making money first. We'd find jobs with some alternating schedules, so Amethyst wouldn't need a babysitter. We'd worry about marrying later. We had to concern ourselves with what Amethyst needed right now, and two parents stressing over supporting her wasn't it.

Saying and agreeing on it was one thing. Doing it was another. I felt so behind already at my age, I wasn't feeling very confident, but Ruben told me otherwise. He wouldn't slack either. He wanted the best for our daughter too.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Six - Three of Us
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2016, 07:35:29 AM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.  @Kaye - you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.

Original Storyboard:  Sims 3 Legacy Stories

anything