Author Topic: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Six - Three of Us  (Read 24257 times)

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Six - Three of Us
« on: July 31, 2012, 01:06:34 AM »
I'm starting a little differently than my other legacy. This time, my sim starts on an empty lot with only 4,000 simoleons. The rules are the same as in my last legacy with an additional one.
  • No cheats except resetsim
  • Life span at normal
  • No premature birthdays
  • No adoption unless the couple is same-gender
  • Each legacy heir's name will be a jewel. Any child born after the heir can have any kind of name.
Again, no specific plans. Just telling it as it happens.

Heirs of the Gemstone Legacy

HeirsSpouses
PortraitBiography PortraitBiography
Founder, Sapphire Gemstone.
Absent-Minded, Eccentric, Vegetarian, Easily Impressed, Handy
Latin Music, Autumn Salad, Blue
The Tinkerer
Virgo
Hector Mendoza.
Great Kisser, Virtuoso, Mooch, Schmoozer, Kleptomaniac
Custom Music, Grilled Cheese, Spice Brown
Hit Movie Composer
Aquarius

(Thank you, samoht04, for showing me how to do this!)
-------
Chapter List:

Generation One:

Prologue
1. Starting with Nothing
2. Time for Romance
3. Blue Baby Bundle
4. Busy and Bored
5. Renovations
6. A Birthday and a Baby
7. Birthdays Come Too Fast
8. Changes
9. Potions, Please
10. Little Boys Blue
11. Birthdays Abound

Generation Two:

12. The Wedding On Top
13. The Sweet and the Smart
14. Triple the Trouble
15. Cakes for Three, Please
16. Winter Rolls
17. Aqua Finds A Talent
18. Snow and Rox
19. Rainy Birthdays
20. Prom Night
21. A Troublemaker Stirs
22. Birthday Bash
23. Different Paths

Generation Three:

24. A Little Lonely
25. Two In The House
26. Three of Us

Family tree:

See here
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 02:06:00 AM »
Prologue

My name is Sapphire Gemstone. Quite a name, isn't it? It wasn't always my name.

I was born in Twinbrook. A lovely city, it is. If you saw me as a child, you would think I was like all the other children. I ran through sprinklers, rode the spring rockers, played with my friends in my treehouse, threw tea parties, got a little mischievous every now and then. From the outside, I was no different than my peers.

But under the surface, I was different. Different from my friends and very different from my siblings.

Did you ever see that kid in elementary school? You know, that kid who never seemed to play with anyone? Was always alone? That kid who classmates considered a freak or would often whisper mean things behind his or her back? Maybe you were that kid. I was. On the playground, while all my classmates played, I would be sitting near a flower patch, counting the petals. Or I might be lying on the bench and looking up at the clouds. Or perhaps digging with my fingernails in the dirt, hoping to find some treasure.

Once in a while, one of my classmates would yell, "Orchid, come play with us!" Yes, Orchid was my name. Orchid Belle Blossom. I don't know what my parents were thinking. My two brothers had normal names - Owen and Oliver - but I got stuck with Orchid. Back to my classmates, I would often go and play. That was how I made a few friends to share my treehouse with. But I was usually more content to be alone.

At home, when I wasn't playing with my teddy bear or in my treehouse, I was in my room. My room was my sanctuary, where I could go to shut everybody out. My parents doted on my brothers. They got what they wanted all the time. One time, Oliver, the older brother, demanded a hot tub for this teen birthday. Not asked. Demanded. And he got it! But me? If I asked for so much as a doll, I was told no. "Oh, you have your teddy bear," my mom said. When I asked for a hopscotch mat, I heard, "Your brothers gave you their treehouse. You don't need hopscotch." Maybe they were right, but it still hurt to see my brothers get so much on demand while I got nothing. And when I felt hurt enough, I would run to my room to lock myself in and cry.

My brothers could boss me around (despite that I was the oldest), steal my things and call me names. If I complained about them stealing, I would hear from my parents, "Well, we bought them anyway, so technically, it's our stuff and you're just borrowing." If I complained about them name-calling, I heard, "You're just too sensitive. They're younger than you anyway. You should be able to deal with it." Once, my parents even suggested that if I played with my brothers more, they wouldn't bother me! Yet, if I dared to retaliate, I got in trouble. My brothers were allowed to bully me and I couldn't do anything about it.

I did all the work I could as a teen, so I could save money. Fortunately, I was able to trust a friend with my savings, so I didn't have to worry about my brothers stealing it. A wonderful friend, she was. When I became a young adult, I left home and didn't look back. My friend moved to a city called Bridgeport. I moved here to this neighborhood. Hidden Springs.

Here is where I can make a life for myself. I can move on from the past and start anew. For me, the first part of that was changing my name. This is why I am now Sapphire Gemstone. I don't know what direction I'm heading in, but I do know that this is just the beginning.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 02:41:02 AM »
It looks like something is wrong with your avatar, Kaye.  I'm just seeing a red X where it should be.  Would you please check it?  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »
Chapter 1: Starting with Nothing

I guess to start, I could show you my wardrobe.

As you can see, blue is my main color. My favorite color is blue. I love blue so much. That's why my name is Sapphire. Get it? Sapphires are blue gems. I think they're dark blue, but any shade of blue is good to me.

Look in the mirror. See? Even my hair clip is blue. But enough about blue!

I'm a little absent-minded and I'm pretty eccentric. I'm a vegetarian, though I can't exactly say when and where I picked that up. I'm also easily impressed, I guess because I just like to give compliments and make people feel good. My favorite trait of mine is that I'm handy. It might just be a coincidence, but I think blue and handiness go hand-in-hand together. It just feels right to me.

My zodiac sign is virgo, which I think is the princess. Or it could just be a beautiful maiden with a rose. I like the princess idea better. My favorite food is autumn salad and I love latin music. That was also my friend's favorite music, the one in Bridgeport. She always had it playing in her house. Oh, my lifetime wish! My lifetime wish to be a tinkerer, which means I must max out the handiness and logic skills.

Moving to Hidden Springs cost me most of my savings. I didn't have enough to buy a house, not even a small one, so I bought this 40x40 lot.

I had 4,000 simoleons left, so I bought what I needed to survive. I did make a small room for a bathroom, however, because there is absolutely no way I will let someone see me use the toilet. Here's what my lot looks like now.

You might notice that next to my bed is a ScraptonicTM Workbench. Yes, I know that's not a necessity, but I need to make money and I want to be self-employed. Maybe I'm being a little arrogant, but I had enough of taking orders from my brothers. Even if I get paid, I don't want to take orders from anyone anymore. I also have a dream of being an inventor and I heard inventing helps with handiness, so why not?

After buying all that, I have 42 simoleons left. I should've probably gotten started on inventing right away, but I was hungry, so I ate some bread and jam.

Wow. My first meal at my own place and I choke. Why didn't I put a "kick me" sign on my back while I was at it?

I wouldn't be able to invent a thing if i was in such a sour mood, but my television had such bad reception, I couldn't get it to work. So I went to the library and played some computer games.

I was smiling after playing that racing game for a good while. I found out that since the library is a public place, it's okay to come here just to use the computer, as long as I don't hog it. When I have more money, a computer will be one of the first things I buy.

I went back home to get some sleep. It was still daytime, but I was getting sleepy. That bed was so comfy. I wonder how many people passed by?

It was nighttime when I woke up. I got my TV to work, so I watched whatever was on for a while. Nothing interesting, to be totally honest.

Then, I finally got around to what I was supposed to: inventing!

I didn't really create anything. I was just dabbling, so nothing was intended to come out of it. But I did gain a level in inventing, so now, I really could invent something.

In the morning, I went to City Hall to register as a self-employed inventor.

I then went to the junkyard to collect some scrap. It would've been easier to buy scrap, but the smallest pile you can get costs 50 simoleons and not only am I eight simoleons short, I really can't spend it on such a thing.

Since the open spaces were blocked, I went through the building. I wasn't expecting anyone to be there. After all, who would hang out at a junkyard?

Apparently, this guy.

He was just there, playing his guitar. I couldn't help but stop and listen. His music was beautiful and he was really handsome.

I wanted to say hi, but I didn't want to be rude and interrupt. However, I didn't have to because he noticed me and stopped playing.

I felt myself tense up. I suddenly realized he must've come here, of all places, to be alone. What if I had intruded? I mean, the junkyard is for everyone to use, so he couldn't really tell me to leave and I was here to collect scrap anyway, but I still felt nervous.

As it turned out, however, he wasn't annoyed by my presence at all.

"Why, hello there," he said to me in a rather strong tone. Strong, but not mean. "And why would such a pretty lady be in a place like this?

"C-collecting scr-scrap," I uttered. I felt flattered and intimidated at the same time. Wait, not intimidated. That's not the right word.

"Scrap?" he asked me.

"Umm, yes. For my...uh...inventions."

What was going on?

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

loveSims

Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter One - Starting with Nothing
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 03:57:39 PM »
Great start, I like your story and writing style. :)

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter One - Starting with Nothing
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 07:27:06 PM »
loveSims, thank you! That means a lot!  ;D
--------
Chapter 2: Time for Romance

The man didn't have time to talk. As soon as I answered his question, he got called to work. But he told me his name was Hector Mendoza and invited me to visit him at his house later on. I considered that to be a random offer, but decided I would visit anyway.

I went in the junkyard to begin searching for scrap from one of the smaller piles.

I found a lot, plenty to work with. I was certain I could invent something decent with all of this. I raced back home to get started.

After a few hours, I began to get tired and a little stressed. Unfortunately, my stupid TV couldn't pick up any reception again, so I headed over to the library to use the computer. I entered a chat room and found a dozen people to talk to!

I also took a little nap on the couch. I'm not sure if sleeping in the library is proper etiquette, but no one woke me up, so I guess it's okay. I'm glad because that was a very comfy couch.

It was only after I awoke from my nap that I remembered Hector. I could still visit, but it was getting dark. I wasn't sure a visitor would be welcome at night, when most are trying to unwind before bed.

Then again, it was still early. It was 7 PM, not 12 AM. That's not really late. And he did invite me, after all.

I debated the issue for a while in my head and finally decided to visit.

Hector's house wasn't huge, but it was fancy in my opinion. I felt a little jealous, recalling what my "house" was like. He even had his own car and a very nice one at that.

However, jealousy did not make a good guest, so I straightened my face and rang the door bell. Hector kindly greeted me and invited me inside. He was wearing a tuxedo, so I assumed he had attended some kind of formal party and didn't think to change.

We talked and I learned a lot about Hector, mainly that he's an Orchestra Lead.

I really didn't have much to say about myself, besides my desire to be an inventor. Surprisingly, Hector was very interested in that. He said he didn't know any other girls with a dream like that. They all want to be stylists and interior designers.

"That's a little mean to say," I told him. I wasn't offended, but I hated generalizations.

"Well, I didn't mean it like that," he said. "I graduated from the LeFromage Art School and every girl I know talked about dreaming of being a fashion stylist or an interior designer. I never heard anything else. It didn't help that my mom was also a stylist."

"I see. I guess I can't blame you then."

We moved on to a different topic and after a lot of chatting, we became friends. We even had a pillow fight!

And made silly faces in the bathroom(don't ask)!

I asked Hector if I could spend the night and he said yes! I couldn't believe it! I was going to spend the night in such a fancy place!

Hector was very tired, so he went to sleep, but he told me to make myself at home.

I made some food. I used the microwave, so as not to risk starting a fire. I can't cook very well.

I watched some programs on Hector's beautiful HD television. His couch was even cozier than the library's.

Finally, after tiring of television, I went to sleep. Hector had a very nice double bed upstairs. I was asleep the moment my head touched the pillow.

I slept until 10 AM, longer than I expected to! I heard Hector coming up the stairs. I thought he would be upset that I'd slept for so long, but he wasn't. In fact, he was smiling.

"Sleep well, angel?"

Angel? Not that I didn't like the name, but where did that come from?

"I slept wonderfully," I answered. "Thank you for letting me sleep over. I guess we'll meet another time."

He led me to the door. "I hope 'another time' will be soon," he said as I hopped in a taxi.

As it rode away, I couldn't help but look back until the house was out of sight.

Silly me! It wasn't until I got home that I realized I hadn't changed out of my pajamas. But it was no big deal. I wanted to finish my invention.

Voila!

I know it's nothing extraordinary. Just a smasher, as I call it. But I made it, so it was special.

Of course, I wanted to make money as an inventor, so I sold it. It only sold for 5 simoleons, but I only needed 25 more to advance, so I created 5 more smashers to sell. I am now a Nuts and Bolts Combiner.

Those smashers may be small, but they take a lot of time to create. It was nighttime when I finished the last one. Boy, my days just fly by, don't they?

While I was working on the smashers, I must admit I kept thinking about one thing: Hector. He was such a nice person and the first friend I made in this town. When I met him back at the junkyard, I wasn't expecting a "hello" to turn into an invite to his home. Then, he called me pretty. He allowed me to spend a night at his home on the first visit when we just became friends. He trusted me, someone he had only met hours ago, to her own devices in his house, telling me to make myself at home. Then, he called me angel after I woke up.

I tried to think it might be nothing. Maybe Hector was just that friendly. He probably would've done it for any person. Yet, I still felt differently.

I called up Hector and asked him to come over.

I was nervous. I knew what I wanted to do, but what if I was met with rejection?

I didn't have much time to think because Hector was there in just a few minutes. I decided not to jump right into it, but not to beat around the bush either.

I flirted...

...we kissed...

...I proposed...

...and he accepted!

How the shock didn't make me faint, I'll never know, but I didn't care.

"So are we living here or my house?"

That was a strange question. Not that I am the kind of person to marry for money, but I couldn't believe he thought we'd live here...unless he wanted to live here!

"Hector, do you like my home?" I asked him.

"Truthfully, yes," he answered me.

He was serious and I knew it, but was still in disbelief. I guess my face said it all.

"It's kind of hard to explain," he told me. "Remember how I told you I'm an Orchestra Lead? Well, as much as I love my job, my music isn't really getting popular. Truth be told, I'm barely getting by and I want a change. I may not quit my job, but I want to start at the bottom again and work my way to the top. But I just didn't have the heart to do it.

"Why not?" I asked him.

"Because I was scared to do it alone," he said. "I was afraid I might not be able to reach the top. That's why I was playing guitar at the junkyard; because I felt like my life was slowly becoming junk. And then, I met you and you mentioned collecting scraps for your inventions. I invited you to my house because I was curious. That's where you told me you had dreams of being an inventor. You reminded me of how I used to be so ambitious and I wanted to find that ambition again." He looked down then. "You probably see me as a creep now, don't you?"

"What? No!" I quickly protested. "I'm flattered, really!"

He looked up and we shared another kiss. And then, we got down to what many newlyweds do.

Until next time!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Two - Time for Romance
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 12:34:26 AM »
Chapter 3: Blue Baby Bundle

Hector bought a lot of money with him. We were able to build a house with it. Just a small house, nothing special, but it gave us plenty of space. Now, we don't have to sleep outside anymore!

Unfortunately, not long after we built our house, the television broke and I had to repair it. Oh, well. At least, I'm getting the handiness skill.

And then, wouldn't you know it? The shower broke too!

Building the house left us with too little money to buy a better shower or TV, but Hector made it up to me with a little flirting.

I got to work on the workbench. I needed 75 simoleons to advance to the next level. I started with smashers, but eventually got bored and tried to invent something else. I came up with this.

Hector told me it was a magical invention gnome. It didn't seem so magical to me. More like a metal garden gnome. I didn't really want to make another one though, so I went back to creating smashers.

I was only able to make four because, for some reason, I began to feel sick and had to throw up.

After I got the disgusting feeling out of my throat, I went right back to my workbench.

Hector went out to Subalpine Square to play guitar for tips to make a little extra money.

He stayed out all day, but made no tips. It wasn't really his fault, though. No one came through the Subalpine Square, so no one heard him play. I don't see how that big place could be empty, but he could always try again tomorrow.

While Hector was out, I stopped inventing for the day and went to City Hall. I got a service award for creating ten widgets! That felt like such an honor!

I came back home and went to sleep because I was tired. Hector was playing his guitar, but he moved outside to be considerate. Aww, that was sweet.

Oddly, I couldn't sleep. My stomach was hurting and wouldn't stop. Finally, I just got out of bed.

Oh. Well, that explains things.

You'd think with little money and a recently built house with only one big room and a tiny bathroom, I wouldn't be thrilled about having a baby. But I was! Even better, so was Hector! It's a good thing he didn't quit his job because he got paid for the two days he was given off after marrying me.

I can't show you, but we bought a dishwasher, a trash can...and two tablets with that money. Don't worry. We have enough left to buy baby furniture!

The next morning, after I'd managed to get a good night's rest, I went to the diner for breakfast. Hector didn't want to come. He doesn't like to eat out in the morning.

Later, Hector and I went to the library to read some pregnancy books. He only read one, but I read both. I wanted to be as prepared as possible!

Believe it or not, my pregnancy was actually going pretty smooth. I didn't have any backaches or weird cravings like the books say most pregnant women do. Sure, I felt tired a lot, but that was really it.

Of course, when it came time to give birth, I didn't feel so relaxed anymore.

Hector was little help. I didn't want to go to the hospital, but Hector could've done something more than freak out. Like take the tablet piece out of his ear! I was having a nooboo, not being devoured by a parasite!

Somehow, I was able to change into my maternity clothes, which is good because it's a little harder to give birth in a nightgown. I told Hector if he was just going to freak out, then please leave for the moment.

The pain was crazy. I don't think there is anything that compares to it.

But finally, my new baby boy arrived!

I will say it was a magical experience, but if I have any more children, I will be going to the hospital!

Nevertheless, here's Garnet!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

RoyalyAshley

Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Three - Blue Baby Bundle
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 03:09:54 AM »
Aww, yay! I have a sim married to Hector and let me tell you... the kid didn't turn out to pretty for some odd reason. Wierd mix of genetics, who knows? Hopefully you'll be better off.

Welcome, Garnet! I really like your writing style. Casual and realistic. I'm enjoying this a lot. Can't wait to see how the family progresses.

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 12:55:39 AM »
Wow! Thanks, Ashley!  :D

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 12:57:38 AM »
Chapter 4: Busy and Bored

With a new baby around, Hector and I aren't getting much sleep. Not that I didn't expect to get less sleep, but I didn't think we'd both be tired! Sometimes, I forget to put on my pajamas because I'm so tired.

Hector just fawns over Garnet. Every time he puts Garnet in the crib, it's like he doesn't want to leave.

Although, I'm really beginning to question if playing guitar helps the baby sleep.

When Garnet is asleep, Hector and I try to keep the house clean. We still may not have much, but it requires maintenance. I upgraded the dishwasher to run silently. The noise gives me a headache!

A gift for Garnet arrived in the mail. It was from the second cousin of Grandma Bertha. Yeah, Hector was just as clueless.

The gift wasn't really something...appealing, I guess? It was a creepy doll. But a gift's a gift, so I let Garnet have it.

As much as I love to snuggle Garnet, I also love when he sleeps...because that's when I can catch up on my inventing!

I invented a new widget, a localized static tester. Much better than a smasher and it sold for 70 simoleons! I am now a Duct Tape Rigger.

When Hector's at work, Garnet is asleep and I'm done working at the bench, I play social games on my tablet. I have to say I'm really glad I bought these tablets. Mine is keeping me from going crazy from the boredom.

Really, it is boring. Garnet needs attention every few hours, so it's really the same routine everyday. Tend to Garnet, keep house and invent. And for Hector, play guitar. Oh! I forgot to mention! Hector mastered the guitar. He should have an easier time at work now. Maybe Garnet gave him another excuse to practice so much.

Hector and I talked a lot. Not about anything interesting. He did once bring up the possibility of having a second baby. I said not until Garnet is at least a child.

We ordered pizza one day. We got tired of bread and jam and canned soup. Pizza's inexpensive, so why not?

I must admit the pizza delivery guy's green skin was a little odd to me. Hector found it normal.

It wasn't long before the big day arrived. Yep, Garnet's birthday. Finally, he could come out of that blanket!

Nice sparkly trail.

Here's Garnet! I think he's got his dad's face.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Five - Renovations
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 09:08:47 PM »
Chapter 5: Renovations

Since we'd come into some money, Hector and I decided to renovate the house. Completely. We tore the whole house down and rebuilt it.

I know our house is technically smaller now, but I think it somehow looks a bit neater. Nothing wrong with rectangles!

I went to the consignment shop to try to sell some of my inventions. They didn't sell for much more than the regular price, but they sold quickly, I guess.

Hector and I were both active in teaching Garnet his toddler skills.

But of course, Garnet got plenty of playtime as well! His favorite toy was the xylophone and he loved it even more when Hector played with him. Taking after his daddy, perhaps?

Hector started staying at the fire station after he got off from work. It's not the hours - 3 PM to 8 PM - it's that he was usually so tired and hungry by the time got off work. The fire station is located right next to the diner, so Hector could eat for a measly $18 and then sleep in one of the beds right next door.

I didn't mind at all, as long as he came home when he woke up. One night, he even had his birthday there!

He aged into a fine-looking elder, but dyed his hair brown to try not to look "too old".

He eventually stop staying at the fire station because it was always empty. I thought that was a big "duh". Firefighters want to go home too!

Anyway, Hector received some book from his job. He really wanted to get to the top before retiring. If he finished reading this book, he'd be that much closer.

Eventually, Hector and I came into money again. A lot of it, this time! We decided to renovate our house again and this time, it looks like a real house!

Yes! We had a bedroom, a nursery, a kitchen, a bigger bathroom and a living room and plenty of luxuries! We can't wait to put some plants in front, but for now, we just enjoy our wonderful house!

For me, the best part was I could finally cook! No more quick meals all the time.

Unfortunately, my first attempt resulted in burnt waffles.

So I just settled for a nice vanilla ice cream cone.

Later, I celebrated my adult birthday. To be the first one to celebrate my birthday in our new house just added to the feeling.

Author's note: The second time they came into money was almost literal. Their funds went from 2,000 to about 30,000. I didn't use cheats, so for the life in me, I do not know how that happened. The only thing I can think of is some opportunity Hector had (which I can't remember), but I've never had an opportunity pay that much, so I can't imagine where that came from.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline madmax2006

• Llama Wrangler
  • 5s are amazing.
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 01:39:06 AM »
Money is money i suppose... Even if it's random and there's alot of it! Also, great legacy, keep up the awesome work! ;D
This was a triumph.. Yeah i forget the rest ;D

The Eclipso Legacy :D (Graveyarded D=)
Frobidden Fangs; A Dramatic Vampiracy!
Diggin' For Gold!

I'm just your classic gaming writer with an un-natural obsession with 5s, sims and books.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 12:12:55 AM »
Loving your legacy! Cant wait for the next update  :D

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Six - A Birthday and a Baby
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 09:43:55 PM »
Chapter 6: A Birthday and a Baby

My birthday wasn't the only one to be celebrated. A day later, it was little Garnet's birthday.

I like this picture. He looks like he's trying to dance. But I wonder why he looks cross-eyed?

Here's Garnet's new wardrobe. My son's got nice taste.

We didn't do much to Garnet's bedroom. We took out his baby toys and crib and replaced them with a costume chest and loft bed.

I guess the costume chest was irresistible because Garnet threw on a dinosaur costume almost as soon as we placed the chest in his bedroom.

Garnet became frugal when he aged up, which is a weird trait for a child if you ask me. But since he likes to clip coupons, which helps us save a little money, I can't complain.

In fact, the first coupon he found was for 25% off of a Relaxing Rendezvous spa package (2,250 instead of 3,000 simoleons). Since the spa didn't really interest him, he gave it to me. Aww!

And he did it at the right time too.

Yep! I'm pregnant again, so Garnet's going to be a big brother. I wanted a girl this time and Hector wanted another boy. We'll see what happens.

Garnet's first day of school was after his birthday. Poor Garnet. He doesn't look too happy being alone in that bus, but I'm sure he'll make some friends.

Since Hector was at work and Garnet was at school, I studied up on inventing.

At least until my back started aching like crazy. I tried laying down, but that didn't help, so I decided to put the coupon Garnet gave me to use. I would've liked to have saved it for another time, but it expired in three days. Besides, pregnancy is a good excuse to go to the spa for anything!

Hector accomplished his lifetime wish! He's now a Hit Movie Composer. He was starting to think he'd never get there, but he did.

Which enabled him to do what he'd been wanting since he became an elder: retire.

After I came home from the spa, I felt like I was in heaven, but Hector still insisted on giving me a massage to make up for not being around when I first started to ache.

He's happy we can both stay at home now. We're not swimming in money or anything, but we've got enough, so it's no problem at all.

Garnet asked - or rather, begged - for me to include this picture of him and his new friend.

Well, he's new to me. Garnet says he's known this friend since he was a toddler, but that doesn't make any sense. We never had any other toddlers over and I never saw this friend before. I asked Hector, but he was just as clueless.

But Garnet's friend does remind me of something...

Never mind it. Hector wanted a picture in too, so he gave me this one.

Oh, dear. I think Garnet feels he's too big for that. Maybe he got that from me. I hated having my cheeks pinched as a child too.

I already mastered the handiness skill and, thanks to the tablet, I soon mastered logic. I was working at my invention bench when I finally hit the mark. Now, I've accomplished my lifetime wish! I am a tinkerer!

But that wasn't all that happened. That same night, I went into labor.

Goodness, my face looks huge!

I drove myself to the hospital and Hector came along soon after. The bad thing is that left Garnet home alone, but he was asleep, so he didn't have to know we were gone.

I gave birth to an athletic baby boy who hates the outdoors. Meet Pierce, everybody!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Seven - Birthdays Come Too Fast
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »
Chapter 7: Birthdays Come Too Fast

Neither Hector nor I wanted to build a second nursery. Especially not when Garnet's was perfectly fine, so we simply put Pierce's crib in Garnet's room.

Shortly after Pierce was born, Garnet had a scouting ceremony at his school.

He won the top award! Hector and I were so proud of him!

When Garnet was off playing with his friend (whom I still have yet to see), Hector and I would be spending time with Pierce.

When not with Pierce, Hector would hold autograph sessions, which would bring us a fair amount of income.

And, of course, I'd be at my workbench. I hadn't been in the spirit of inventing lately, to be honest, but now, I was feverishly at work.

I created two great inventions that sold for a high price! The first was a miner, which sold for 800! The second was a Harvester, which sold for 450. They were big inventions, so they took time, but the money they brought in was worth it!

Not only did I max inventing as a result, but inventing and selling those items also pushed me ahead three promotions! I am now a Hosebeast (level 6)!

Pierce's birthday arrived before we knew it. It seemed like he was only a baby for one day.

But he aged into such a cute toddler!

Garnet showed no interest in Pierce as an infant, but now that he was a toddler, Garnet seemed to love his baby brother!

But Garnet's birthday came just days after Pierce's. He wasn't going to be a child for much longer...

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel