Author Topic: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Six - Three of Us  (Read 24279 times)

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Seven - Birthdays Come Too Fast
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »
The house just doesn't stay the same in this legacy.

Since I couldn't build if my life depended on it, I was looking for a house on the Exchange for the Gemstones. I found one I loved and it doesn't have any store items, so I don't need to buy anything. They probably won't move in for at least two more chapters, but it won't take long for them to get there.

Here's the house, by a user called Hollena: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5707376

I'll take an in-game picture and post it.
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 05:11:12 PM »
Happy birthday to the boys! Congrats to Sapphire for maxing Inventing! Great update.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 06:53:48 PM »
Thanks! I was kind of surprised I was able to accomplish her lifetime wish and max inventing while the first generation was still the focus.

Here's what their new house will be:

EDIT: Scratch what I said in the last post. I moved them in already. I think my game is bugged/glitched. The household randomly attained money again, $19,600 this time, when I loaded the game and I swear that's all I did. This is the only household this happens in too and I've had other families in Hidden Springs, so I doubt it's the world itself. The glitch kind of makes having them work pointless and little else is happening at the minute, which is why I'm frustrated.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Eight - Changes
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 07:48:33 PM »
Chapter 8: Changes

Garnet grew into a handsome young teenager and gained the proper trait.

Garnet doesn't have any skills. I'm a little worried about that. He did join the shop club at his school, but it seems more like something to keep him busy rather than something he's genuinely interested in. I hope he doesn't wait until the last minute to pick up an interest.

Becoming a teen did not affect how Garnet feels about his baby brother. He soon took to teaching him how to talk. Seemingly about work.

Not long after Garnet's birthday, the whole family had a big change. We moved to a new house just down the road. It was a beautiful house too.

Here's the kitchen and dining room.

The living room and a little workplace room for me.

My favorite, the pool area.

Mine and Hector's bedroom.

And the boys' bedrooms. We had to redo Garnet's because his was rather girlish, but he specifically asked us to keep the crown curtain and the heart rug and just recolor them instead.

Best of all, this house came with a new car! A mini-van.

It didn't take long for us to adjust to our new house. I fell back into my own little routine.

Garnet spent a lot of time with Pierce. I guess showing interest in his little brother is better than interest in nothing.

Uh...I think Pierce's bear has a rip in it. If not, how is he putting his arm through it like that?

I..I did it. I did it! Yes, I thought I would never get there! Yes!!

...oh? What did I do? Oops! Right. I invented every invention possible. There is nothing else to invent. I've created them all. And I also made the ultimate invention: a time machine.

I later got a call from the mayor at City Hall. For inventing a time machine, he had an award for me and asked me to come by to collect it. I did so proudly.

The award was a medal. To know that my achievement was such a big deal felt incredible, but I still gave myself a reward. A nice day at the spa.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 07:57:41 PM »
Happy Birthday Garnet! Congratulations to Sapphire for making every invention possible. Has she made a Simbot?

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »
No, she hasn't made a SimBot (I forgot about that one, actually). I don't have the necessary tools/ingredients for a SimBot.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline twinklestar27

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 03:23:42 PM »
I read all the chapters and I really like your story. I can't wait to read the next chapter and see what happens.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 09:39:46 PM »
Thanks! The next chapter is coming up soon!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Nine - Potions, Please
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 10:23:38 PM »
Chapter 9: Potions, Please

Hector, Garnet, Pierce and I have been going out to the Disco-Tech lately. I know it's silly for a toddler to be at a dance club, but the place is almost always empty. Pierce does nothing besides play with his doll or teddy bear anyway. It makes for a fun family outing.

Hector had a prom coming up. He did have a date, but she celebrated her young adult birthday before prom night, so Hector lost his date. He asked me a strange favor: to make his imaginary friend real. I thought he was out of his mind, but he really wanted to attend prom with a date, so I said yes.

I worked night and day and discover the potion needed to turn Garnet's imaginary friend real.

And blew a few potions up in my face every now and then. That's not pretty.

Despite my efforts, I didn't discover the potion in time, so Garnet had to go to prom alone. He was upset, but he sucked it up and went.

It turned out alright in the end because he was voted Prom King! Garnet had no idea he was so popular! He didn't even care about not having a date anymore.

A day later, I had finally discovered the correct potion and gave it to Garnet. All that time and effort was worth it to see him so happy and appreciative of it.

I left the room and he immediately gave it to his friend. Garnet took the picture for me, so I could finally see his friend. Weird-looking guy. Or, uh, girl.

Oh! His friend is a girl! Garnet says her name's Licorice, which has to be one of the strangest names I've heard. Then again, I named my second child Pierce, so who am I to say Licorice is strange?

Licorice looks kind of dazed, doesn't she?

In a very short amount of time, Garnet and Licorice went from being best friends to being boyfriend and girlfriend. I really don't know how I feel about that.

Putting that out of my mind for the minute, I needed to talk to Hector abot something important, but I didn't want to discuss it where the kids could accidentally overhear. So, we went out to the Hidden Gardens.

We skipped stones for a few minutes.

And then, I told Hector what was on my mind.

"Hector, listen," I said, a little shaky. "I'm worried. I don't want to be alone."

"Of  course, you won't be alone," he said. "Garnet and Pierce will be with you. And Licorice too, it seems."

I was a little relieved he knew what I was talking about, but it didn't calm me. "Hector, I'm just worried," I told him. "I want us both to see our children grow up and live their lives. I want us both to be here for them and..." I bit my lip, hoping what I was about to say next wouldn't come out wrong. "...I want another child."

Hector took my hands. "Sapphire, I want that too, but I'm afraid it's inevitable. When my time comes, there's no escaping it. I'm already at 90, dear."

"But there is something that can be done!" I said. I took out the potions I had brought along and handed one to Hector.

"What are these?" he asked me.

"Young Again potions," I explained. "I made them with my chemistry lab. Please say you'll drink it, so we can both see our family grow."

Hector smiled warmly at me. "On the count of three," he said. "One, two, three."

And we drank our potions at the same moment.

They tasted strange, but we were young adults once again. It felt so wonderful and all my stress was gone for those moments.

That night, we had a full moon, but fortunately, the zombies didn't bother us. That was a very good thing because it was Pierce's birthday!

Aww! Pierce became such a cute child! But where did he get those swim trunks?!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Ten - Little Boys Blue
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 02:44:24 PM »
Chapter 10: Little Boys Blue

Notice something different about me?

That's right! I'm pregnant again! I think Pierce is looking forward to being a big brother like Garnet. He keeps asking me when the baby's coming.

Don't tell anyone, but I'm hoping this baby will be a girl. I love my sons, but a baby girl would be nice. I haven't forgotten Licorice. She will likely be my daughter-in-law at some point. Oh, it's unexplainable.

Anyway, since our family is about to grow, Hector decided to go back to work. He rejoined the music track at level 5, but this time, he's going on the rock star branch.

Speaking of Licorice, I think she's figured out what she wants to do for a living. She hasn't said anything, but I've seen her working a lot on the computer.

She's also been borrowing Hector's tablet and Garnet said she joined the Newspaper Club at school. I think Licorice wants to be a writer. She is a bookworm, so that choice suits her well, I think.

When the full moon happened again, Pierce was scared. I wonder if he remembers his birthday was on a full moon night. The rest of us are used to it, but I think Pierce is afraid of the zombies coming after him (they don't bother us).

He asked Garnet to be his protector. Poor Pierce, feeling so scared.

Garnet promised him he'd be safe. Aww!

Too bad Garnet couldn't protect himself. The stereo broke and he tried to fix it. Three times. He kept getting shocked.

Neither I nor Hector, who have more handiness skill, were home and we wouldn't be home for a while, so Garnet finally gave up and called a repair worker.

I spent the night at the library to read the pregnancy books. Hector stayed next to me to make sure the zombies wouldn't touch me. I think he was just trying to be romantic. He knows they don't bother us. They're creepy, but they're harmless towards us.

Just my luck. I go into labor at the library and on the night of a full moon.

I would've stayed right there because the library was empty and quiet, but the labor pains were terrible. They were worse than I felt with Garnet or Pierce. Hector drove me to the hospital quickly.

It was no wonder I felt twice the pain. I had twins! Twin boys, to be exact. No daughter, but I don't care. I'm still as happy as ever with my new sons, Ryder and River!

Ryder is good and a loner while River loves the outdoors and is disciplined.

We bought baby swings for the boys. They took to them right away. River fell asleep almost as soon as we turned his on.

It was morning when I got out of the hospital, so how does this chapter end? With Garnet getting a driving lesson from Hector.

Author's note: I was really surprised Sapphire had boys, let alone, two! I did buy her and Hector the fertility treatment LTR, but I didn't have her eat any apples. I thought a girl would just happen since she already had two boys, but I guess the game doesn't work that way.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Ten - Little Boys Blue
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
I haven't updated this story for a while, but there will be one coming soon, either tonight or tomorrow night.

I'm sorry. I know I said I would update this around the 8th and it's now the 25th. A couple of things got in the way. :-[

But I will say this: The next chapter ends the first generation. After this one, Garnet will be the storyteller.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Eleven - Birthdays Abound
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 12:17:03 AM »
Chapter 11: Birthdays Abound

Hector and I built a small nursery for the twins. We had to create a third floor because there was no way we could make space on the second floor. Creating a third floor was the easiest way to do it.

Garnet is such a help around the house. He regularly does laundry and cleaning without so much as a grumble.

Licorice has been on the computer day and night, refining her writing skill. At the rate she's going, I won't be surprised if she has a book published before she becomes a young adult. She seems really determined and hard at work.

But of course, none of us work 24/7. There are some days we just have fun and relax. Like the weekend Hector, Pierce and I went out to Han's Tavern & Cafe. Pierce is only a child, so he can't drink coffee, but he still likes cafes. He happily played with his teddy bear while Hector and I had our drinks.

And while we were out, Garnet and Licorice spent some time together in the pool.

I can only imagine how awkward it is for two teenagers in a relationship to be living in the same house as their parents. I still think it's a little weird for Garnet to be in love with his imaginary friend, but worse things happen.

In arbitrary news, I got to enjoy the last piece of baked angel food cake we got from the bistro. I'm surprised it was still in perfect quality after it was in the fridge so long.

The twins' birthdays finally came. Babies just don't seem to stay babies for long, do they?

I brought Ryder to his cake while Hector took River to the other.

Sparkles as always...

And now, here's Ryder...

...and River!

I soon got a picture of my littlest boys together. Too bad they didn't look at the camera!

River and Ryder's birthday wasn't the only one to be celebrated. Just a day later, it was Pierce's birthday!

Like his child birthday, Pierce's teen birthday fell on a zombie night. But he didn't seem scared at all.

Pierce got long hair like Garnet, but he kept his a bit neater.

We didn't do much to Pierce's bedroom. We simply moved the furniture around a bit and bought him an exercise machine so he wouldn't have to go to the gym to gain athleticism. Speaking of which, Pierce became a supernatural skeptic. Luckily, we don't have any supernaturals in Hidden Springs, so he should be fine. Although if one moves in, I hope Pierce will be polite.

After school, I took my family out to the summer festival at Beryl Lane. We took a greeting card photo, rollerskated and even competed with one another in the eating contest! We stayed well into the night. Even Pierce, who hates the outdoors, had a great time.

Guess what we celebrated when we got back? After Pierce's birthday, it was time for Garnet and Licorice to become young adults! Oh, my goodness! All these birthdays!

Here are their new wardrobes.

Garnet became family-oriented and desired to be a Renaissance Sim, which means he has to max out three skills. Licorice, in contrast to Pierce, became a supernatural fan. She wants to be a professional author, which means she needs to have $4,000 per week in royalty checks. Licorice also had her name changed to Lauren.

I guess Licorice---er, Lauren---got tired of her blue hair. She dyed it black with highlights and tips that matched her bright blue eyes. She looks quite lovely, doesn't she?

Garnet almost immediately proposed to Lauren. I guess he had his future wife all along. You know what? It's okay. I'm not that creeped out anymore. Not that it would've stopped him from proposing to her anyway!

But now, it's time. Garnet is my first-born child and a young adult. He needs a place for himself and Lauren and with me, Hector and four other kids, it'll just be too cramped. So I decided it was time for us to move and leave the house to Garnet.

By the way, did you notice I said four other kids, not three?

Yep! I got the little girl I wanted after all. Believe it or not, it was Hector's idea. I never told anyone, but Hector knew I still had a strong desire for a girl and figured there was no reason I couldn't have my wish, so we talked it over and decided to adopt. Her name is Roxanna.

Anyway, Hector, Pierce, River, Ryder, Roxanna and I moved to nice house a few blocks away. With four bedrooms and three bathrooms, it had plenty of space. A room for me and Hector, a room for Pierce, a room for the twins and a room for Roxanna. Perfect!

(Note: The house looks a lot better than this picture shows. My game was having a little loading trouble, apparently.)

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twelve - The Wedding On Top
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 02:50:53 AM »
Chapter 12: The Wedding On Top

Hello, I'm Garnet. I live in a big house with my fiancée, Lauren, who used to be my imaginary friend doll named Licorice.

I have three younger brothers and a newly adopted little sister. My parents moved out and took my siblings along. They said that since I'm the first-born and now a young adult, Lauren and I get the house.

I miss having my family around, but I have to admit it feels great not having so many people living under one roof. After they moved out, Lauren admitted to feeling uncomfortable around so many people.

Lauren and I did some remodeling. First, we tore down my baby brothers' nursery. Since there are no longer eight people living here, we didn't need the third floor anymore. We turned Pierce's old bedroom into a nursery.

We took Mom and Dad's bedroom for ourselves and left it unaltered. Our old bedroom became a children's bedroom.

Don't be fooled by the pink. Lauren and I really don't care whether we have a son or daughter. Lauren just thought it looked better in pink and doesn't believe in stereotypes.

I feel embarrassed to admit it, but I don't have my heart set on anything like Lauren does. She's dead-set on becoming a writer. In fact, she's self-employed and recently started her first book. But I've got nothing.

One day, I told Lauren that I don't think I'll be a good example for our future children, but she disagreed. She told me I could set a good example by teaching them the skills I will learn and there's more to being an adult than just working. Lauren knows just what to say when someone's feeling down.

At least, I can say I have chosen my three skills: cooking, piano and nectar making. I want to learn cooking because I'm sick of outdoor food or always going to the diner. Nectar would be a nice treat for me and Lauren to share on a nice night. As for piano, I loved hearing Dad play his guitar. I can even remember it as a baby. Not much, of course, but I do. I'd love to be able to play an instrument for my own kids, but I want to learn something different, so I chose the piano.

We put the piano where Mom's inventing workbench used to be because I don't want to carry it around everywhere.

Lauren really loves the summer festival. She's become great at rollerblading.

We play a game of soccer every time too.

But rollerblading and soccer are where it ends. Lauren doesn't like face painting because it makes her feel like a toy again. The thought of competing in an eating contests make her sick.

I once asked her how it felt to be a toy.

"I hated it!" she told me. "As toys, we're sentient, but we can't move one bit. Even after we can move, we're still kind of mindless. We literally can't think much."

"So I take it you like being human?"

"So, so much!" she gushed. "It feels so good to move where and when I want and think on my own! But I know I'm lucky. Most of us never get to have human life. We stay imaginary friends forever."

I was almost scared to ask further. "So what happens when the human dies?"

Lauren's sudden sad face told me I should've kept my mouth shut. "After our human dies, we're left alone. We wander about the world. Since we can't be seen by anyone else, we never have social lives. Sometimes, we just...end our pain ourselves."

I didn't have the heart to tell Lauren about my brothers' dolls, who'd likely never be human. I just told her I loved her instead.

For a while, Lauren and I debated whether to have a traditional wedding or a private one. Lauren still felt a little uncomfortable around my large family, but she was willing to put that aside if I wanted. However, I was leaning toward a private wedding too. Pierce hates the outdoors, so he would become irritable eventually. Ryder, River and Roxanna are toddlers, so they wouldn't understand what was going on. Really, only my parents would be able to attend and I don't think they'd feel it was fair to make Pierce babysit.

In the end, a private wedding was really a no-brainer. We got married at the Redwood Peak Viewing Area. It was beautiful.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Twelve - The Wedding On Top
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 04:22:35 AM »
Congrats to the newlyweds. I can't wait to see their children. They definitely will be beautiful.

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Gemstone Legacy: Chapter Thirteen - The Sweet and the Smart
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 01:12:32 AM »
Chapter 13: The Sweet and the Smart

Lauren finally finished and published her first book, Lyrics for the Lovelorn, and got promoted to Tabloid Typist. She stayed up almost all night to get that book done, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Lauren is a night owl, after all. The only downside is she gets mad if I wake her up before ten o'clock. You don't want to see Lauren mad. Trust me.

I took a cooking class at the bistro and a piano class at the theater to get started on my skills. The classes cost $800 total, but Lauren and I aren't tight on money, so it's not a big deal.

I have a tablet, so I could easily start on nectar-making, but I don't have the equipment. Lauren says it's only available in France, so we have to book a trip. We might also have to build another room for it, something I really don't want to do since we only recently deconstructed the third floor. The only option would be to buy a lot and build a small room there for me to use the machine. I'm not sure if that's possible.

Lauren and I have been talking about children. We know we don't want five kids like my parents had! I love my siblings endlessly, but the house felt too crowded or too loud sometimes. Not to mention Lauren's discomfort being around a large amount of people.

Lauren still rejoices at being human. If she's not at her computer, I can't keep her away from the festival! Then, I introduced her to swimming in the ocean. Bad idea. Now, there are two places she can't stay away from!

The irony is we have a pool at home, but I guess oceans and pools are different.

After Lauren got enough of the ocean and skating for the time being, we booked our trip to France. It would've cost $2,900, but since Lauren and both have the Jetsetter LTR, it was only $2,400. A $500 discount is better than none and France was worth it!

Lauren bought a laptop to take with her, so she could start working on another book while I did what I needed.

I went to the town square to purchase some skill books on nectar-making. After getting some directions, I made my way to the nectary.

For some reason, I expected it to be larger.

The store clerk was friendly. She sold me a nectar machine and some fruit and told me I could try out one of the machines they already had.

The machine really wasn't as big as I thought, though it would still take up a lot of room in our house. I put in all ten fruit, got in my swim shorts and started squishing.

It felt weird at first, but I got used to it and got all the fruit smashed. The clerk had told me to make sure nothing remains whole. It only took a few minutes and then, I started the machine up.

It took a few hours and the nectar came out bad, but that's to be expected. It was my first time trying. I was still happy and went back to the hotel feeling proud.

Lauren had gotten her second book, The Dog Barks No More, published. She works so fast! Since her book was done and I got the nectar machine and books, the rest of our trip was spent together. We decided to call it our honeymoon vacation.

Our trip was only three days long, but it was a good trip and I'd love to go back someday.

We put the nectar machine in the hallway for the time being. It won't stay there, but it'll have to do for now.

By the way, I didn't show everything Lauren and I did. But you can probably guess what else happened from this picture.

Yes, Lauren's pregnant and we are excited!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel