Author Topic: A Study of the States of Life, **Completed 6/19/13**  (Read 23446 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: A Study of the States of Life, **Completed 6/19/13**
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2013, 11:39:23 PM »
Congrats!!

How do you build charisma for toddlers?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2013, 11:48:51 PM »
Congrats on finishing.  I'll be sending you an email soon.  I'm also moving your story over into the completed section.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2013, 07:22:55 AM »
Congrats!!

How do you build charisma for toddlers?
Thanks!
They can get 3 levels in the new playpen.  I tested it first, carefully  :D before counting it to make sure, but she skilled 3 bars in the playpen and then as a teen started at level 3 when she aged up.

Congrats on finishing.  I'll be sending you an email soon.  I'm also moving your story over into the completed section.
Congratulations on finishing!
Thanks

I am going to add a family picture this afternoon along with a picture of the family lot.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2013, 02:29:39 PM »
The family has gathered for a last picture...

From left to right we have Lucas (genie gen 3), Lera (werewolf gen 4), Ginette (fairy gen 2), Ander (human gen 1), Sophie (imaginary friend gen 5), Margery (thirst ghost gen 7), Blake (witch gen 6)

And a snowy, final view of the house

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »
I didn't do a story but decided to briefly recap the generations. 

Generation 1 - Human / Ander
Ander started off by marrying the local fairy, Marigold.  He focused on painting and building up his consignment reputation while Marigold built up the family garden.  Once he completed his requirements, they had a single pregnancy resulting in triplet fairies (Marina/Ginette/Riley).  In addition to completing the painting and consignment challenges, he also completed the gem and mushroom collecting challenges.  At the end of seven generations he succeeded in only mastering painting since his only preferred activity was playing in the water slide.

Generation 2 - Fairy / Ginette
Ginette won the heiress pool and spent 5 days on vacation working on gardening and nectar making.  She brought brought the genie Branden into the family to be her husband which was almost a disaster since he and Marigold constantly were flirting with each other.  In addition to completing the gardening and nectar making challenges, she also completed the mushroom collector challenge and the timber terminator, along with mastering martial arts and athletics.  She and Branden did not succeed in having triplets, or even twins.  They only had Lucas, who thankfully was a genie.  By this time though my game was glitching severely and had stopped popping opportunities for anyone in the family.  It eventually stopped saving properly. 

Generation 3 - Genie / Lucas
Lucas was supposed to marry his imaginary friend but due to the glitches she had reverted to being just a regular doll.  I gave up on the doll and when he became a young adult he moved in his werewolf girlfriend, Tonya.  In trying to work around the issues as much as possible I took them on vacation to max out the fishing using up a total of 10 days trying to catch all types of fish.  The issues finally reached a critical point and after receiving permission to make a town jump to try to save the attempt, the family successfully made the move to Riverview which resolved almost all of the problems.  They still had a crash to desktop issue, but the opportunities were popping now and the saves were valid so everything else could be worked around, as usual.  Lucas had been working on fishing in Moonlight Falls and had mastered it and logic there but had not popped any high level wishes so once he reached the top of the Angler career he switched to culinary and began working on cooking in Riverview.  Things worked out much better for him this time around, resulting in him mastering logic, fishing, and cooking, along with reaching the top of both angler and culinary careers, and completing skill challenges for logic, fishing and cooking.  He and Tonya had triplets (Shasta, Taryn, and Lera).  Two were genies and only Lera was a werewolf.  The genies were quickly grown up which I then realized messed up the entire process of receiving the magic doll in the mail for the new generation and threw off the plan of having the next generation marrying the imaginary friend.  So plans were changed, again.

Generation 4 - Werewolf / Lera
Lera was designated as my sculptor and collector and gave me a chance to play with the werewolf collecting ability.  I was very pleased to discover that the Midas Touch could be used on a sculpted item increasing the value and then the consigned value was increased even more when Ander was the one placing it on consignment.  She hit level 10 in her career with her 6th item sold.  She master only sculpting during her time in the family, completed all of the sculpting challenges.  She also completed the beetle, butterfly, gem, and metal collecting challenges.  She met up with a witch named Darius and after moving him in and marrying him they had triplets, two witches and one werewolf (Adam/Blake/Carson). 

Generation 5 - Witch / Blake
Having learned my lesson with the magic dolls, finally, the babies were all allowed to grow up on their own time.  Carson was the werewolf and never in the running, leaving Adam and Blake battling for the heirship.  Blake had the red hair so he won the toss when the time came.  Once I knew that the imaginary dolls were active, birthday cakes were brought out for the spares.  Carson and Adam were grown up and moved on out.  I had started moving out the spouses and spares in order to keep the house as empty as possible after the move to Riverview and found this made for interesting situations and lots of naughty reputations.  ::)  Blake mastered inventing, handiness, martial arts, and science.  He also completed handiness and inventing skill challenges along with the timber terminator.  When the time was right, he made his imaginary friend, Miranda, real and they had twins.  Chloe was a witch and Sophie was a doll so the choice was easy.  Miranda moved out with Chloe and Sophie became the next heiress.

Generation 6 - Imaginary Friend / Sophie
Sophie was the overachiever of the family.  She mastered a total of five skills and spent 14 days at university.  She started off with riding, then moved on to alchemy, mixology, street art, and finally science.  What she never managed to complete was reaching the top of her career.  She competed in many horse races and received trophies in one of each eventually but made most of her money buying and selling horses.  She finally gave up on her career and just became an Art Appraiser.  She had asked her vampire boyfriend, Elmer, to move in with her but he expired immediately upon moving in so she went down to the science center and tried to bring him back.  It didn't work out so well and he came back as a ghostly version of himself.  When she got pregnant, she knew she had a chance of having either a vampire baby, a ghostly baby, or a doll baby.  In the end Sophie completed skill challenges for street art, science, alchemy, and rider of legend.

Generation 7 - Thirst Ghost / Margery
Margery turned out to be a thirst ghost.  I still have not truly had to play a vampire in this game yet.  Elmer returned to the netherworld once Margery completed her toddler requirement of being best friends with her parents and became a child.  Margery wasn't on a time limit as she didn't need to bring in another generation, so she focused only on her actual age requirement instead of looking ahead as I normally did.  Surprisingly, this worked out better than I expected.  She mastered charisma first and then turned to writing.  The opportunities and wishes were done by the time she finished up the skill challenges.

Moonlight Falls ended at Week 15, Day 2 while Riverview ended at Week 27, Day 1 for a total game time of 42 Weeks, 3 Days (plus 14 University days and 15 Vacation days used)

anything