Author Topic: My sims have gone completely invisiable in my Sims 3 PC game  (Read 1762 times)

Offline rjwelsh

• Nooboo
My sims have gone completely invisiable in my Sims 3 PC game
« on: November 26, 2015, 07:03:47 AM »
I was playing my Sims 3 game today and it seemed to be fine, other than running a kinda slow.  However this evening I had just quit the game and come back to it after a restart on my PC and now my sims are completely invisible!  I don't see their square icon s on the left of the screen.  I don't see the actual characters or their thought bubbles.  i can hear them talking but obviously I can't interact with them.  I have tried to restart my computer again and quitting the game again and then starting it back up again.  However none of these things have worked.  I am soooooo addicted to this game but right now I can't use it.  Please help me if you can.

From,

Having Sims 3 Withdrawals

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: My sims have gone completely invisiable in my Sims 3 PC game
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 11:36:43 AM »
I've had this happen and temporarily installed errortrap and overwatch. They fixed the problem. Not saying it will fix yours, but it's worth a shot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 03:50:49 PM »
@rjwelsh

Do you still have this problem?

I had something similar when my kitten walked across my keyboard and I couldn't figure out what happened.  I lost a great game and only later found out that the TAB key was the problem.  My kitten had pressed it and I didn't know about this option (which I now use frequently for close up screenshots).  So if your screen doesn't pan around outside a fixed area, press the TAB key to get the normal screen back.  Anything is worth a go rather than deleting a great game file.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 06:05:08 PM »
My cat did that too! But, if @rjwelsh  quit the game, restarted the computer, etc., that would have solved the tab problem.