Author Topic: A Summer In Sunset Valley-Goodbyes Hurt [Finished]  (Read 18619 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: A Summer In Sunset Valley-The Party Turned Out Not So Good
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2012, 08:45:56 PM »
Oh my word...that was crazy intense. I hope everything turns out okay in the end!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2012, 09:50:05 PM »
Oh my word...that was crazy intense. I hope everything turns out okay in the end!
Thanks. I already have ideas in my head, and plan to play for them tomorrow.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2012, 01:19:29 PM »
Very dramatic update!  You sure know how to create suspense, Sadie!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2012, 05:03:39 PM »
Very dramatic update!  You sure know how to create suspense, Sadie!
Thank you. In real life, I may be called dramatic, I love writing suspenseful scenes in my stories :D

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2012, 09:49:55 PM »
My head is blank, and I don't know who I am, what I am. It's a wall of darkness, I open up my eyes slowly. And gasp, Bridgeport lays before me. It looks fake, the buildings, towers. The cars, are toy cars.

I'm floating through the air, lighter then a feather. I summersault through the air, as if I'm swimming. Without the worry of oxygen and going to deep. I flip round and round, and I'm a child again. As if I turned back the clock of age with my turns.
   I laugh gleefully, in my favorite night gown. Stretching my arms out, and letting the wind ruffle the hem and the sleeves. I giggle like a child on christmas morning when she sees all her grifts underneath the tree.

I turn my head to see the fog rolling over the mountains. I breathe in the cool air, which taste fresh up here, unlike the polluted, stuffy air down on the streets.
   I feel a tug, a slight tug. I follow it, and the tug grows stronger. I let it take me, it pulls me down, closer and closer. And I start to fall, the air cuts around me. My gown blowing up like a big bubble. I stop, inches from the sand, a scream caught it my throat. I slowly rise, and turn, and gently place my feet on the ground. I recognize the beach from the weekend outing with my parents in the summer. I sit down in the sand, and start to make a castle. My young self begging me too.

I build the sandcastle, till sand is in my hair, and covers my nightgown. I stand up, brushing myself off. And I hear a sharp breath from behind me.

I was so caught up, I missed the lady in the chair. I slowly walk towards her, the pull stronger with each inch closer. As i walk, I feel my legs grow, and my arms get longer. My hair falls around my face, and the nightgown changes into a robe.

I leave the child in me behind as I walk. I stand behind her, waiting for her to notice me.

"Are you death?" I blurt out. She laughs lightly. "No child, I am not, but I am very close to it." "I'm not a child!" I say. "If you say." she gets up and walks, slowly into the water. She beckons for me to join her. I walk across the cool sand, and into the water. It's freezing, it chills my feet. Soon, my teeth are chattering. And I shiver.

She stops, a few feet off of shore. She doesn't seem to notice the coldness of the water, the shiver in the air. "Listen, Child, you need to wake up." I shake my head. "Why? Here, I can do what I please. I don't want to."

She points at me, "WAKE UP!" She screams. "WHY? BEcause your family is back there, there in life, worried sick about you. You can't leave them yet, not when they all need you. So stop being a selfish brat and wake up!"

I clench my fist, trying to keep control. Voice enter my head, and zoom around. "Please, Lucy, please wake up!" "Lucy, Lucy! I need you, sissy, please wake up!" "Honey! Wake up, please." "i love you, Lucy, I don't want to lose you. Please wake up." "Please way up!" I pinch the bridge of my nose, it was over whelming, I couldn't find my way in a sea of madness.

The blue lady remains emotionless. She simply points to the water, and disappears. I scream as the voice become louder, shattering all the thoughts in my head. Breaking apart me apart.  Suddenly, it stops. All at once.
   "Hello." A young voice says. I look, and to see me. A younger version of me. She smiles. "Hello, Me. You/me must wake up, your/our family is worried." "Who are you?" I asks, blinking to make sure I'm seeing right. "I am your younger side. The part of you that holds onto your child hood. I understand how confusing this is, as if clouds are over you. When you wake up, it will be worse, much worse. But remember that there is always a sun behind those clouds."

I repeat what she says. "You must embrace your child. And then dive into the sea." She says, closing her eyes. I pull her close,

She gets warmer and warmer, till she's almost too hot to hold. And then she's gone. I wipe a tear from my eyes, two now one. I take a shuddering breath before walking towards the water.
   It claws up my ankles, coldness climbing up my legs. I take one more deep breath before diving.
   The cold water is painful, it drags me down, deeper and deeper. Images fly across my mind:
My blue bedroom, bathed in light. Holding Eliza when I was little. Riding the subway with my friends. Walking across the bridge. Playing in the ocean. Spending the summer at my Grandma's house. Felix.
My heart aches for him, and I need to go back. I close my eyes, the darkness taking me. I fall back, onto something plush. And try to move, but I can't. I blink a few times, as my vision swims into focus. "Lucy!" And it falls back out.

Hope you liked the update and please feel free to tell me what you think.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: A Summer In Sunset Valley-Flying
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2012, 10:07:14 PM »
You have a knack for imagery. The way you described this scene in Lucy's mind was incredible! I hope all will be well when she wakes up...

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2012, 12:34:11 AM »
Lucy's mind was startling and fascinating at the same time! I'm hoping she gets better. I'll be looking forward to your next update!
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Joanne

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2012, 08:13:06 AM »
I hope she will be ok. Your writing is outstanding!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2012, 09:58:08 AM »
That was amazing. Might have been one of your bests entries!!! 

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2012, 12:23:04 PM »
You have a knack for imagery. The way you described this scene in Lucy's mind was incredible! I hope all will be well when she wakes up...
Thank you!
That was amazing. Might have been one of your bests entries!!! 
Thanks. I think it may have been to, I loved writing that one!
I hope she will be ok. Your writing is outstanding!
Thank you!
Lucy's mind was startling and fascinating at the same time! I'm hoping she gets better. I'll be looking forward to your next update!
Thank you. I'm hoping to get one of the final entries in today.

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2012, 12:37:39 PM »
Wonderful writing! I agree with Spork. I hope Lucy is okay.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2012, 01:25:32 PM »
Wonderful writing! I agree with Spork. I hope Lucy is okay.
Thank you, Apples.
To All: It really means a lot that you guys read my story. Thank you all so much! :D

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2012, 06:01:23 PM »
It's been a while. My game wouldn't load at all, but I got it fixed! So I hope to have an update tomorrow at the soonest.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2012, 02:18:23 PM »
Awake

I have no idea how long I have slept. It has been a while, my head pounds. The room seems to be shining, white and metallic. My eyes feel irritated as I open them. I clear my throat, loud enough to wake the sleeping forms to my right.

Grandma flies to her feet, and quickly flies to my side. Eliza, yawns before sleepily walking over.

"Oh, Lucy!" Grandma cried. "How are you feeling?" "Like I got hit by a truck." I said with a horse laugh. But Grandma and Eliza don't laugh. "You were." Says Grandma. It doesn't register at first, but then it does.
I pushed through the crowd of people, wiping away tears. I unlocked the car and slid into the drivers seat. I turned the keys in the engine. Nothing happened. I turned and twisted them in every direction possible. I looked up at the house, and saw Felix running out. HE looked around, panicked till he saw me in the car. "Lucy! Stop!" He cried. I thought he was saying stop so he could apologize. I got the car to turn on, and hit the pedal. HE ran after me, yelling, "Stop the car Lucy!" Repetively.  I tried to turn on the car's lights, but they stayed dimmed. I tried again, and they still didn't. I hit the button again, nothing. "Lucy!" Felix's cries. I look to see another car barreling down the street. I hit the horn, and try the lights again.
   There's a sudden boom, collecting the noise of breaking glass and crunching metal. I shut my eyes, everything too bright to look at.
"Lucy!" A male voice calls. I recognize it, but I can't place it. I squeeze my eyes shut. and try to mumble something, but no words come out. "Tracie!" His voice is so panicked, it makes me worry that I'm so calm. "Call someone! Anyone!" "I called them, there on the way here." I hear a distant siren. "It's going to be okay." The guy says. I want to nod, but I can't.....

"Oh my gosh!" I fly to a sitting position, breathing quickly before I burst into tears, Grandma helps me get up and pulls me into a hug.

"Shh." She says gently. "I'll go get Dr.Landagrab. Eliza, watch her." Grandma quickly walks out, her shoes taping on the tile.
   Eliza gives me a quick squeeze. "What happened?" I ask. "Well, after the car hit you, Tracie called an ambulance and they drove you off. Felix refused to leave, they had to knock him out or he would have started a fight. Then they fixed you, and moved you here. We've taken turns staying with you, Felix comes everyday to see you, early in the morning so Grandma can take me home." She says, very fondly. "But, Mom and Dad came" It's hard to miss the edge in her voice. "They are here, but they don't comes as often." "Anyways," I say, wanting to change the topic, "What else happened?"

"You talked about darkness, sometimes. And said things, and laughed." The door opens and Doctor Landagrab walks in. "Hello, Lucy, how are you feeling?" "Fine." I lie. "Great, now, take this."

"What is it?' I ask, as he pulls a pill out of his pocket. "It will help." "I don't want it." "Lucy, take it." "No." his pager buzzes, he hands it to Grandma. "Make sure she takes this." And he rushes out of the room.
   "You can take it later, Lucy. Why don't you go take a bath, there's bubble soap." I nod, and walk into the bathroom. I turn the knob, and warm water starts to fill the tub.

Slowly, I climb into the tub and the bubble surround me.

I rub my chapped lips together, as I rub soap on my shoulders. The warm water is calming and soothing. I stay in till the water gets cold and I wrap a towel around me. Grandma left some clothes by the tub, slowly, I change into them. Carefully putting the hoodie over my head.
   I walk over to the sink, and splash cold water on my face. When I look up, I see my face is not as red, thankfully. I walk out of the bathroom to be embraced by my mother.

I was almost as tall as her. Dad nodded and walked towards one of the windows.
"I want to see Felix." I told her. "You will," she promised. "Tomorrow." I pouted and sat on the bed, tomorrow was a million miles away.

Hope you liked the update. The story is almost done, only one or two chapters left.

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
Re: A Summer In Sunset Valley-Awake
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2012, 07:13:37 PM »
This was a great chapter. I'll miss this story. :(