Author Topic: The Riverview Anti-Shark League: Kelsey's Orphanage Project  (Read 15154 times)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
The Riverview Anti-Shark League: Kelsey's Orphanage Project
« on: August 15, 2012, 06:26:33 PM »
Prologue: This Isn't Sunset Valley
Kelsey's Blog, Week 1, Day 1, 12.45pm

So here I am arriving this morning.

Here's here, of course! Riverview. Four Bridges Park, to be precise. I like bridges because sharks can't go on bridges but I can and therefore I can drop things down onto them like this: SPLAT! That's the noise of an anti-shark pellet. But then, of course it is. What other noise would an anti-shark pellet make?

I started to walk up towards the City Hall, because that's where boring official things happen, and you need to do boring and official things to get a shark hunter's license. Like prove you're sane and that. In my case, that'll be a formality. I was the best shark hunter in Sunset Valley, I'll have you know!

There was this weird woman standing in my way though. Really weird. I mean, she wore white. Such a boring colour. The washing machine had given me some new clothes in pink and purple. So I went up to say hi to her, and maybe give her my scarf because otherwise people will bully her for having such a colourless outfit.

She introduced herself as my fairy godmother, Addison.

I have a fairy godmother! Awesome! I love fairy godmothers because they do cool things like turning handsome princes into pumpkins and I like pumpkins. I told her this. She looked confused.

But that's okay. Maybe she's an apprentice. Fairy godmothers need training too.

So I said to her, great! I need a house then, please. See, Mum. I said please.

And she said no. No?!

Apparently, it's the recession. Cutbacks in the fairy godmother departmental budget. They can't have custard creams in meetings now. And they don't have any more money to give out free stuff.

So I can have a house, but I have to raise orphans in it. Cool! A whole army of little Anti-Shark Wardens! We'll win in no time!

Apparently, that's not the point. But who cares. Addison doesn't have to know if she's going to be a spoilsport.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The Riverview Anti-Shark League: Kelsey's Orphanage Project
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 06:27:13 PM »
Kelsey's orphanage is being run under the rules set out by the lovely Schipperke here. There are a couple of slight tweaks, however. Kelsey will be adopting 26 orphans, rather than having 10 weeks to complete as many as possible, and toddlers will be maxing the xylophone as well as having all books read to them before being aged up. I'm flipping a coin for the gender of each orphan, with heads being a boy and tails a girl, and naming alphabetically.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 06:43:04 PM »
Interesting start to your orphanage project!  I love the idea of the fairy godmother.  Good luck with your story, Ariana.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 07:22:56 PM »
This is awesome already, I love Kelsey. ;D

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 07:25:04 PM »
Kelsey cracks me up with her anti-shark tendencies. Great start to an Orphanage Project!  ;D

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 08:19:42 PM »
Oooohhh... I look forward to reading more of this!
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 10:45:51 PM »
Kelsey is perfect for the Orphanage Project, I can't wait to read more!  :D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Panda

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 04:10:09 AM »
Love the fairy godmother idea and cant wait to read more  :)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 02:16:40 PM »
YAY Kelsey gets her own story! I love it already!

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 03:34:56 PM »
That fairy god mother is beautiful :)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 06:07:02 PM »
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. Kelsey would thank you too but I think she's arguing with the fridge. It's best to leave her to it sometimes.

The Girl in Orange
Kelsey's Blog, Week 1 Day 1, 7.37pm

So Addison the trainee fairy godmother gave me a house. I asked for it to be pink and purple and it is pink and purple. Maybe fairy godmothers are all that they're cracked up to be after all.

But on the other hand she didn't give me any money. I have exactly 0 simoleans. 0. If numbers could be in capitals I'd write it in capitals too. Actually, why can't you have capital numbers? Excuse me, I need to write to the Prime Minister and ask.

Week 1, Day 1, 7.42pm

That should do it.

So yeah. I had to go to the community gardens to get food. Which is okay. Except for the lack of brightly coloured food. I didn't even have any money to buy food dye to make it more interesting like I used to in Sunset Valley. There was this really boring woman in brown glaring at me too, so I glared back. Treat others as you wish to be treated.

And then I realised somebody else was glaring at me.

She asked me what I was doing so I explained I was eating the peppers I'd found on the tree because I had no money. Like literally no money. It's not even metaphorically no money. Turns out she thought they were her peppers and so she was a little bit annoyed.

But I couldn't really listen very well because I was too distracted thinking she looked like a goldfish. I mean. Dressed in orange and yellow, with orange and yellow hair, and pulling a face like that? What's a girl to think?

And then she said... wait for it... that she thought goldfish would be able to defeat sharks! That's so awesome! Someone who finally realises the peril the world is in!

I can tell that me and Becca are going to be good friends.

Because she was nice and also clever enough to understand the dangers of sharks, I told her about my fairy godmother and the whole orphanage thing. She thought it was a brilliant idea to raise the kids to eventually hunt sharks, and offered to move in and help.

I may have lead her to believe the house was slightly more orange, though.

Here, for all my lovely fans, is a overhead shot of the house. I almost died trying to take it because I had to catch a lift on a penguin.

What do you mean penguins can't fly?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 06:10:19 PM »
It's about time someone else joined Kelsey in the fight against sharks! I love Becca's look and her face in one of the photos is priceless.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 06:14:28 PM »
Becca does kind of look like a goldfish. Especially with that face.  :P

sims4ever

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 07:01:35 AM »
The house look very interesting. :P. Love your story.

anything