Author Topic: The GO Treatment Centre - A Stranger from a Strange Land  (Read 68043 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The GO Treatment Centre - Yay for Friday!
« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2012, 10:30:22 PM »
The SWAP Meeting

Please note:  normally, SWAP meetings are anonymous and confidential.  The residents have given me permission to share the following excerpts from their meeting.  I think you will understand they are justifiably proud of what they have achieved.

Emily:  You know, MarianT, one of our fans, was asking about our swimwear.  That's why I decided to show off my snazzy swimsuit.  I'm glad so many of you agreed with me!

Sstarr:  We have a lot to do in today's meeting, and Emily wants to prepare special treats for tonight's graduation celebration.  So let's get started.  Several of you have been doing bibliotherapy.  Who would like to share about their reading?
Callum:  I've been reading the book A Sim's Guide to Dealing with Grief by Dr Y. B. LoanSim.  Page 27 really spoke to me:  "Is your love a cold fish?  Do you sometimes feel like you're swimming upstream in your relationship?  Are you floundering around?  Does your true love's perfume remind you a little of - well, dead fish?  Sim, there are plenty of fish in the sea!  And you are not meant to love any of them.  Sims are meant to love Sims."

Callum:  He's right.  I think I can do it.  Thanks to Coleen and Charissa who showed me I really can have Sim friends.
Coleen:  I read that book too!  And on page 74 he says:  "Have you been seeking your lost canine pal with dogged devotion?  Do you neglect your own interests and your family while you go to the dogs?  Sim, you are barking up the wrong tree!  If your dog wanted to come home or was able to, he would do so.  You are only hurting yourself.  What about all the other dogs who are just waiting for you to love them?"

Coleen continues:  Incubus has helped me realize that my endless searching for Fried Bacon isn't helping me or him.  And I can love another dog.
Trisha:  Dr LoanSim's book also helped me to see that I don't have to grieve forever over my dead husband.  I'm sure he wouldn't want me to be alone and sad.  I think I'm ready to move on.  Maybe I'll get married again.

Sstarr:  Excellent.  Well done, everyone.  Now, we're ready to move on to the SWAP part of our meeting.  I know you've all heard of SWAP, but what you may not realize is that SWAP was started by James Douglas to help a member of his family.*  SWAP stands for Sims With Awful Personalities, and it is a self-help group designed to help Sims change their personalities.  With SWAP, you can get rid of any personality trait you don't like and replace it with any personality trait you want!  But it's not easy to change.  First, you have to learn how to be happy as you are.  You have to want to change, because it will cost you 20,000 happiness points - that means, you may have to do without other lifetime rewards, at least for now.  Who is interested in getting SWAPped?

Frank:  I am!  I'm tired of being afraid of water.  It feels like I always have this inner conflict.  I want to be clean, but I hate to shower or bathe.  I want to play on the water slide but it puts me in a bad mood.  And I had to miss the group photo yesterday because I just couldn't make myself go in the hot tub.

Frank:  So I want to SWAP my Hydrophobic trait for Family Oriented.  People tell me I'd make a great Dad.  I know my kids and I would have a lot of fun playing together.  I'm ready!

We aren't allowed to photograph the SWAP treatment itself, but Frank comes out of it a new man.  The next one to speak is Trisha:

Trisha:  Frank, now you and I are both Family Oriented!  Isn't it marvellous - we have so much in common!
Frank looks a little anxious as he wonders what Trisha is hinting at.

Trisha continues:  I'm tired of being Neurotic.  Endlessly wanting to clean things, wanting to brush my teeth multiple times - I'm sure I can find better things to do with my time.  Thanks to meeting all of you, and especially Incubus, I've decided I want to SWAP my Neurotic trait for Animal Lover.  And [looking coyly at Frank] I'm going to have a fertility treatment, too.  I'll be able to have lots of nooboos!

Trisha receives her transformation.  Going around the circle, the next one to speak is Emily.

Emily:  I don't really want to change my traits.  Incubus and I both have very good traits.  What I want to do is to be the best possible chef I can be.  I was born to cook, and I want the Born to Cook reward to help me achieve my dream.
Incubus:  Personally, I don't understand why you Sims can't just add more traits like I did.  [He has 9 or 10 traits at this point.]  I guess it's because Sims just aren't as evolved as dogs.

Nobody quite knows how to respond to that, and anyway they're all still pretending they can't hear the dog talk. 

Charissa speaks up:  People tell me I should have children because they'd be so beautiful.  But I can't stand to be in the same room as them!  I had to leave the forum party to get away from the kids.  I want to SWAP my Dislikes Children trait for Family Oriented.

And Charissa is suddenly transformed.  Next is Callum.
Callum:  I realize that one of the reasons other Sims don't like me is because I'm always making messes for them to clean up.  And because they get tired of hearing me talk madness.  I don't want to talk to myself any more and be a slob.  I want to SWAP my Slob trait for Party Animal, so I can have parties that other Sims will want to come to, like Emily.  And, Coleen, you've inspired me to be fit and healthy, so I want to SWAP my Insane trait for Athletic.  Can I change two traits?

Ask, and ye shall receive.  Callum receives the biggest transformation of all.  He also spends most of his remaining happiness points to become Dirt Defiant.

Coleen:  Charissa and Callum, you accepted me when most Sims have rejected me because of my hot-headedness.  You've made me understand the value of friendship.  I want to SWAP my Hot-Headed trait for Friendly.  I want to stop alienating people and start making more friends!

And so Coleen makes the big change.

Sstarr sums up:  I'm so proud of all of you.  Remember the first day, when you were squabbling over lost shoes?

Sstarr continues:  You've all come a very long way.  Now let's go get ready for our party!

End of meeting.

* The SWAP history can be found in the story of the Clan Douglas Dynasty, page 9 (link in my signature).

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The GO Treatment Centre - The SWAP Meeting
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2012, 12:28:00 AM »
Callum thought he should just be extreme and SWAP two traits. I loved the book he read.

Am I the only one who likes how Callum, Charrisa and Coleen are all friends and all start with the letter C?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2012, 10:29:23 AM »
Oh, Trisha, Trisha! I've heard all of those things from you before, little lady! And what does Trisha's granddaughter think of her idea?

I think her expression speaks for itself, don't you?

Sorry Schip - I couldn't resist it. The screenshot seemed perfect to the context. :)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2012, 10:52:30 AM »
I think her expression speaks for itself, don't you?

Sorry Schip - I couldn't resist it. The screenshot seemed perfect to the context. :)

Yes, it is perfect!  I take it Trisha's granddaughter is a wee bit skeptical about Grandma's plans?  Or maybe she just doesn't think Grandma is really going to change?  Either way, I suspect a lot of family members feel that was when a loved one is coming home from treatment.  In both the human world and in Sims.  Thanks for sharing that, sweetest pea.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

thesweetestpea

« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2012, 11:04:53 AM »
Yes, it is perfect!  I take it Trisha's granddaughter is a wee bit skeptical about Grandma's plans?  Or maybe she just doesn't think Grandma is really going to change?  Either way, I suspect a lot of family members feel that was when a loved one is coming home from treatment.  In both the human world and in Sims.  Thanks for sharing that, sweetest pea.

I think Trisha'a granddaughter has a healthy skepticism of anything where Gran is in the same room as babies or animals! Especially since she suspects it may involve two Insane parents... ;)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2012, 11:50:45 AM »

Am I the only one who likes how Callum, Charrisa and Coleen are all friends and all start with the letter C?
I didn't notice that, but that is so cool! Coleen feels very special that she inspired Callum.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2012, 09:26:14 PM »
The Graduation Party

Before the party guests arrive, Frank and Callum share a laugh about their first encounter.

Callum:  I can't believe I thought you stole my shoes!  And the worst thing was calling you "Pumpkin Head" - I hope you don't hold it against me!
Frank:  Oh, don't worry - I was calling you names in my letters home too, "Twiggy!"

Trisha and Charissa are excited about their new traits:

The party guests arrive.  And of course, this being the residents' graduation party, the dress code is formal.  Although probably the only resident who bothers to dress up is newly-sane Callum.  But no matter - a good time was had by all.  Coleen was entranced by Connor Frio's ghost story:

Is that Coleen's sleep wear?  I think it might be, although it's hard to tell with these characters because they never wear what they're supposed to.

Residents & guests dancing:

Emily's cooking went over well as usual.  The townies have never had so much good vegetarian food.

Finally the party ended and everyone was in bed.  Well, almost everyone. 

Callum and Agnes just couldn't stop dancing together.  Finally Christopher Steel went home, and still Callum and Agnes danced on, late into the night.

Was Callum's treatment successful?  He's finally learned to dress appropriately, but is he really over his futile love for his deceased catfish?  Agnes may be a tad grumpy, but romance is alive in her heart, and soon it comes to this:

Unfortunately, right after telling Callum how delighted she was with the red roses, Agnes heard the clock striking two am.

Agnes:  Is that the time?  Oh no - what if Eric comes out and I'm not there to greet him?  Whatever will he think?  Sorry, Callum, must dash!

And she was gone.  But as the door closed behind Agnes, Callum popped two wishes:  to go on a date with Agnes, and to watch the stars with her.  Yeah, I think he just may be over Catfish Sally.

Next morning, Sunday, is the day the residents will be leaving to return home.  Emily is particularly excited - she has received a care package from her case manager, lucky girl, so first thing she heads off to the spa for her gift treatment.

Meanwhile, back at the Treatment Centre, Charissa, Frank and Incubus are tending the garden.  An idyllic scene, so peaceful.  What a perfect start to a quiet Sunday.  Right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The GO Treatment Centre - The Grad Party
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2012, 10:37:59 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I expect to see two sims playing in the sprinklers in the next shot. I love your author, Y.B. LoanSim!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2012, 07:00:35 AM »
I think a sprinkler scene with Frank would be so great. Kind of like a single moment that helps show how far he's come. Plus it'd look cool.  :P

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I expect to see two sims playing in the sprinklers in the next shot.

That's pretty much what I expected to be showing you.  But then a message popped up on the screen saying that Incubus had noticed it was suddenly becoming darker.

Me:  Oh, no!  Quick - everybody into the house!  Run!  Flee!  Flee!
Incubus:  Flea?  Where?  When did I last have a bath?  Oh, I hate that flea treatment!  Wait!  Wait for Incubus!

And then the heavens opened up:

And I couldn't tell if the gardeners had made it safely into the house or not.  As the conflagration continued, I sat there wondering how the case managers were going to feel about their Sims coming home in a box.

I think a sprinkler scene with Frank would be so great. Kind of like a single moment that helps show how far he's come. Plus it'd look cool.  :P

It would have been great.  Sadly, it's not going to happen.  When the heavens finally stopped raining destruction, this is what was left of the garden:

All the art supplies on the balcony above were turned into scrap.  But I see from the picture above that Incubus's ball survived.  And fortunately, so did Charissa, Frank, and Incubus.  But this is the second near-disaster we've had at the Treatment Centre in the first two weeks.  Is there a curse on the place?  I'd like to think we've had our run of bad luck and now things will get better, but I suspect that's wishful thinking.

Joanne

Re: The GO Treatment Centre - Morning After the Party
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2012, 10:18:10 AM »
Oh my goodness! I'm glad no one was killed. Fantastic pictures of the meteor.

Offline ekobeko

• Townie
  • Seasons is here!!
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2012, 10:57:13 AM »
I'm really glad that everyone survived. Those are some great screenshots by the way.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2012, 03:47:04 PM »
I glad everyone is okay. Coleen was in her athletic wear, she seems to really like it!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2012, 07:35:40 PM »
Let's just hope we're getting all our bad luck early, so none of it comes when it really counts!  ;D

I'm glad nobody got hurt, Incubus's ball included!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2012, 11:36:58 AM »
Goodbyes

Frank:  He wants to see me playing in the sprinkler?  In a meteorite shower?  Just to prove I've gotten over my hydrophobia?  I don't think so!  Sstarr's bathtub is a lot more comfortable.  And safer.  I may be insane, but I'm not stupid!

Incubus tells Callum all about seeing the meteorites coming.

Emily missed all the meteorite excitement, but she has a happy memory of her spa treatment to take home with her.

Callum just had to try the climbing wall before leaving.  I wasn't really watching, but he must have kept it up for a while because I noticed later that he was fatigued.

And then it's time to leave.  The residents gather on the front drive to say their goodbyes.

Trisha tells Coleen she'll write to her.

Emily:  If you come for a visit, I'll cook something special.
Frank:  Broccoli?

[Deep philosophical issue #42:  Why do Sims think about broccoli when there's no broccoli in Sims3?]

Friendly goodbye hugs:

Time to leave!  In the car, everyone, we don't want to miss our flight!

There they go.

And I feel sad, watching them leave.  I've really become quite fond of these characters.

So was their treatment successful?  See what you think.  Here's what they accomplished in their two-week stay:

Frank:  Skills - Athletic 4, Charisma 4, Cooking 1, Fishing 4, Gardening 6, Handiness 6, Logic 4, Painting 1.  Friends - Coleen, Emily, Trisha, Callum, Gunther.  Also had a SWAP treatment.

Callum:  Skills - Athletic 4, Charisma 4, Cooking 2, Fishing 10, Gardening 3, Logic 2.  Friends - Charissa, Coleen, Frank.  Also had a SWAP treatment and became Dirt Defiant.

Coleen:  Skills - Logic 4, Athletic 10, Charisma 4, Cooking 2, Fishing 1, Gardening 2.  Friends - Incubus, Charissa, Callum, Frank, Trisha, Emily, Simis.  Also had a SWAP treatment.

Charissa:  Skills - Athletic 6, Charisma 2, Cooking 2, Fishing 7, Gardening 6, Writing 1.  Friends - Callum, Incubus, Coleen.  Also had a SWAP treatment.

Trisha:  Skills - Logic 3, Painting 6, Athletic 4, Charisma 5, Cooking 2.  Friends - Coleen, Frank, Incubus, Agnes, Sstarr.  Also had a SWAP treatment and a fertility treatment.

Emily:  Skills - Cooking 10 (2 of 3 skill challenges completed), Logic 1, Athletic 4, Charisma 4, Gardening 1, Handiness 1.  Friends - Frank, Coleen, Ethan.  Also acquired the Born to Cook LTR.

To the case managers:  1. I hope you don't mind having them uploaded together as a group.  That was the easiest way I could think of to get them to keep the contents of their inventory.  Let me know if you'd rather have individual links.  2. Thank you all for such highly individual and interesting Sims!  Your creativity in making them and providing personal case histories, letters, etc, made them a lot of fun to play and, I hope, to read about.