Author Topic: The GO Treatment Centre - A Stranger from a Strange Land  (Read 68062 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The GO Treatment Centre - Well, Are We Getting Driving Lessons or Not??
« Reply #270 on: October 25, 2012, 09:28:15 PM »
Well, Are We Getting our Driving Lessons or Not???

Sorry, kids.  Simgund was called away on urgent business.  But he's back, and ready to resume your treatment.

First, apologies to the Green Thumbs, but we're going to have to get rid of the garden.  This game has fallen prey to the gardening bug - you know, the one where they harvest one item, stand around, then go play in the sprinkler or do one of those other activities that seem to endlessly fascinate Sims.  This game already requires quite a bit of micromanaging, trying to keep everyone happy and working on treatment goals.  There's no way I'm going to deal with having to harvest one plant at a time.  They can still learn gardening from the library or the television.

Last time we looked in on the Treatment Centre, they were just sitting down to Friday's supper.  So what did they do for the rest of the evening while waiting for Simgund to return?  Getting acquainted and having fun.

I love the personal style of these characters.  They're all so unique and original.  Yeah, even Arlo with his Christopher Steel-wannabe outfit.  Which we hope he may be persuaded to give up before long, but not just yet.

Jude came home with a wish to practice his speech in front of a mirror and I thought this picture was so cute:

I think that boy may have a future in politics!

Next day, Saturday, Arlo was on his way to take a Handiness class when he received an urgent message that he was required to attend his graduation.  It seems a bit strange that he wouldn't have graduated at home, but whatever.  He looks quite scholarly in his robes:

Reminds me of a prof I once had.  And, of course, as an Insane Sim, Arlo has his own ideas about appropriate clothing.  Which means it's perfectly logical that he would then decide to go fishing wearing his cap and gown.

Simgund returned late Saturday morning from whatever emergency he was tending to.  Time for driving lessons!  Cheers from the teenagers, shudders from the adults. 

Simgund and Blythe took the SUV:

Ssttarr and Danielle got the convertible:

Uh, Dani, you might to watch the road instead of mugging for the camera!

Actually, Danielle proved to be a very cautious driver.  Perhaps excessively so.  At one point Blythe and Simgund drove right over Dani and Ssttarr!  Fortunately, in the way of Sims, nobody was hurt.  They just carried on. 

Rather than making Jude wait for his driving lesson, Karin bravely stepped up to the plate and volunteered to be his driving instructor.  He showed his appreciation  by dressing up in his best tuxedo.

Three vehicles with teenagers at the wheel, stopping and starting, speeding, making unauthorized u-turns.  I think this might have been a good day for the town residents to stay off the roads.

But by the end of the day, everyone has learned to drive and the three teens are very happy.  The three driving instructors are mainly relieved.  And Arlo is still fishin'.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
Re: The GO Treatment Centre - Well, Where are our Driving Lessons??
« Reply #271 on: October 26, 2012, 06:00:10 AM »
Jude is adoreable, a real cutie.  I never learned to drive.  When I tried to, it was a disaster!  I drove like James Bond, which is a very bad thing.  Glad to see your teens managed it so easily!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #272 on: October 26, 2012, 10:18:52 AM »
OMG that picture of Jude in the mirror is hilarious! So excited that everyone learned to drive!
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline Alexrandia

• Hopeless Sim Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #273 on: October 26, 2012, 02:42:35 PM »
Haha, it looks like Karin is trying to slump down and hide from Jude's terrible driving. Glad, everyone made it home okay!
Call me Alex.

One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. - Robert Heinlein

My first story: Woods Family Empire
Based on the project I wrote: Family Empire.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #274 on: October 26, 2012, 04:39:57 PM »
Yay for driving and it being safe!

Offline Simboy134

• Scientist
  • Townie
  • Insert Witty Comment Here
« Reply #275 on: October 27, 2012, 06:08:08 AM »
The driving was hilarious, Great job Schip.
" With great power, comes great responsibility"

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #276 on: November 19, 2012, 01:46:58 PM »
I need to apologize to all those who referred Sims to this treatment program, and to anyone else who's been waiting for an update.  The problem is, the Mission Highly Unlikely story has just been sweeping me along and I think I'm going to have to finish it before I can tear myself away and come back to this story and the Flowers Waiting for Grim.  I've found out that it's hard for me to go from one story to another because I tend to get so involved in what I'm doing.  This game needs a lot of micromanaging, making it quite a bit more time-consuming to play and write, and I don't want to do it until I have the time to do it justice.  So I appreciate your patience, and please don't give up on it.  I do intend to come back to it. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #277 on: November 20, 2012, 07:46:31 AM »
It's okay, Schip! Enjoy your stories! We'll be here when you have time again!
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline Alexrandia

• Hopeless Sim Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #278 on: November 22, 2012, 02:01:36 PM »
Thanks for letting us know! I hadn't heard of the Mission Highly Unlikely story, so now I have something else to read! Definitely better to write the stories you want rather than hurrying with them.
Call me Alex.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The GO Treatment Centre - A Stranger from a Strange Land
« Reply #279 on: November 26, 2012, 09:16:58 AM »
Stranger from a Strange Land

Late one evening, the residents are all in bed resting up from their busy day.  Ssttarr and Simgund are lingering over their dinner when a knock comes at the door. 

Ssttarr:  "Who could that be, so late at night?  You finish your dinner, I'll see who it is."

Ssttarr goes to the door to find a stranger standing on the doorstep.  She's never seen him before but she knows who he is.

Ssttarr:  "I know who you are!  You're - "

But the stranger says:  "No names, please!  I need to talk to Dr Simgund.  Is he available?"
Ssttarr:  "He's just finishing his dinner.  But I'm sure he'll see you.  Come in."

The stranger follows Ssttarr to the kitchen, where Simgund is just putting his plate in the dishwasher.  The stranger goes up to Simgund and speaks to him in low, urgent tones.

Simgund listens, then nods.  "Of course we can help you.  Come this way.  Ssttarr!  We need you in the group room, please!"

The three of them gather in the group room.  Ssttarr and Simgund listen attentively as the stranger explains why he has come.

"I'm sorry to intrude on you so late at night and without warning.  But I remember Mr Payne telling me you could help me if I ever wanted to change my traits.  Well, I'm ready to change, so tell me what I need to do."

Ssttarr:  "What you're talking about is a SWAP treatment."

Simgund:  "Yes.  SWAP is an acronym, from 'Sims With Awful Personalities.'  It is a self-help program started long ago by James Douglas to help Sims change their traits."

Ssttarr:  "It's not hard to change, but it will cost you a lot of happiness points, so you need to be very sure it's what you want to do.  Once you've had your SWAP treatment, it can't be undone.  The only way to change again is to spend more happiness points on another SWAP treatment."

Simgund:  "You can change as many traits as you want, just one or all of them if you want.  Have you decided what you want to do?"

At this point Incubus, who has been following the discussion with interest, feels compelled to point out:  "Life would be so much simpler for you Sims if you were more like dogs.  We don't have to get SWAP treatments - we just gain extra traits!  Too bad Sims aren't smart enough to be more like dogs."

Having put in his two cents' worth, the little dog settles down comfortably to chew on his bone.

Simgund continues, "Ssttarr and the residents and I have been following your adventures with interest.  In fact, we've been so engrossed in your story that the current treatment program is on hold so that we won't miss any of your updates.  I know there have been various suggestions made about your traits.  What do you think of those recommendations?"

The stranger says that he likes the idea of taking on a trait that he's already demonstrated he has.

Ssttarr:  "Yes, I thought that was a very insightful recommendation.  Let me guess - the trait you want to get rid of is your Slob trait, correct?"

The stranger agrees.

Simgund:  "Excellent choice.  I'm sure you won't miss it.  The rest of your traits aren't bad, really.  And what trait would you like instead of Slob?"

The stranger names a trait.

Ssttarr claps her hands, and Simgund says, "Yes, excellent choice!  And if I'm reading recent developments correctly, that trait will be very useful to you in your future life."  The young man wasn't certain, but he thought he saw Simgund wink as he said it.

So the decision is made.  The young man gladly gives up 20,000 happiness points to become the new person he was meant to be.

Then the young man says, "Thank you very much.  I feel like a new man.  You've both been most kind.  And I'm sorry, but I have to run - I don't want to miss my flight home."

Ssttarr and Simgund say goodbye to him and wish him luck with the next part of his journey.

And the young man walks out into the cool night air and hails a taxi to take him to the airport.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2012, 10:17:04 AM »
WOW, I didn't see that coming. I really need to read more of schip's stories. Now where is off to??

Louise56

« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2012, 11:33:53 AM »
I can't wait to find out his new trait, I didn't expect this at all!

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2012, 11:57:24 AM »
That's just wonderful!
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »
This is where Nameless went! Awesome! But he still beter save his daughter....
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Alexrandia

• Hopeless Sim Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2012, 12:49:54 PM »
I know your MHU thread had a post about shameless self-promotion, but I for one LOVE how your stories overlap. :)
Call me Alex.