Author Topic: Big Show Venue and Coffee House  (Read 11775 times)

Chuckles_82

Big Show Venue and Coffee House
« on: August 29, 2012, 07:29:21 AM »
Do you need the rabbit holes for these lots for them to be fully functional? Especially the Big Show 'shells' as they are huge. I know one doubles as a stadium rabbit hole but I can't even find them in buydebug. I'm hoping just zoning the lot and adding stage stuff and audience stuff will be enough.

EDIT: I've read on the forum in a couple of places that it is possible - that you need to 'call over' the proprietor and then talk to them for it to work. If I can get confirmation from someone here that would be great. Not that I don't trust information on the official forum, but it's kind of huge, and I know most people here and that I can rely on the information here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Big Show Venue and Coffee House
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:33:37 AM »
You really at most will only need to add 3 extra lots to a normal world. The Big Show Venue is definitely one, however the other two could be renovated Hangouts etc. which are the Live and Private Venues. The Coffee House Venue can be your Diner lot, add a stage and it will work and act as a Coffee House venue and a Diner. The Park Venue can be just your Central park or another Park that has a stage on it.

I wouldn't think you'd need the Diner for the Coffeehouse Lot but I think you may for the Big Show Venue, I will try it now in LL as I am playing my Legacy there so I will probably need some of these venues now and then!  :)

Edit: I also couldn't find the Big Show Venue buildings anywhere in buydebug or the community buildings section. I know the SS one acts as a Music Theatre as well, it's in the Lot Bin so if you want it then you'll have to edit it I guess.

I tried placing the stage and other stuff, a proprietor appeared like normal but performances rarely happen in Big Show Venues so I don't know if it will work from that perspective.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »
Big Show venue has always been the hardest for me.  It doesn't even appear in the drop down box UNTIL you actually have a BSV placed somewhere in your town.  I have the KP one, (which isn't any better or prettier than Binder Clips (stadium for athletics AND BSV), or the other one which you can save to library from SS.  Once you've put a BSV anywhere in your town, (I stick a big lot in the middle of nowhere and plop one down just so the drop down box shows the listing), you can build one using the biggest stage and that black crowd floor.  You also have to use the other floor markers though if you actually want people to come to the show. 

The Big Park and Coffeehouse are both easy.  As Tom said, just add a stage to a diner and voila, and just add a stage to an already existing park.  Private venue is any building with the appropriate stage in it that you designate as private venue.  Ausette made one for UC and it works very well.  Same goes for Live Show, add a stage to pretty much any building, (don't forget the floor markers from buydebug!), and you've got it.  Actually, it doesn't even really have to be a "building".  I turned the pier in UC into a Live Show venue by adding a stage and seating.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 01:22:46 PM »
Big Show venue has always been the hardest for me.  It doesn't even appear in the drop down box UNTIL you actually have a BSV placed somewhere in your town.  I have the KP one, (which isn't any better or prettier than Binder Clips (stadium for athletics AND BSV), or the other one which you can save to library from SS.  Once you've put a BSV anywhere in your town, (I stick a big lot in the middle of nowhere and plop one down just so the drop down box shows the listing), you can build one using the biggest stage and that black crowd floor.  You also have to use the other floor markers though if you actually want people to come to the show. 

The Big Park and Coffeehouse are both easy.  As Tom said, just add a stage to a diner and voila, and just add a stage to an already existing park.  Private venue is any building with the appropriate stage in it that you designate as private venue.  Ausette made one for UC and it works very well.  Same goes for Live Show, add a stage to pretty much any building, (don't forget the floor markers from buydebug!), and you've got it.  Actually, it doesn't even really have to be a "building".  I turned the pier in UC into a Live Show venue by adding a stage and seating.

If you mean on the Lot Zoning list then try scrolling down with your mouse on the drop down box, it's at the very bottom and doesn't fit on the screen.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]