Author Topic: Simbots - The Way to Live  (Read 67765 times)

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Simbots - The Way to Live
« on: June 10, 2010, 05:39:35 AM »
So, we have here at the forum a mummy thread, but now that I've finally started to play with simbots, I like to hear your thoughts or discoveries about it.

My primary question I wish to know: How long does a simbot live? ???

Fun things I've found: Simbots don't run, they have jet packs on their feet instead. :o
Sleeping in a cursed sarcophagus of kings grants them the evil trait and not mummy-robots :'( (I read it on sims.wikia, but I have personally confirmed it).
They can break anything without blowing the thing up and eat the scraps of the debris.
If they come into water, they will have a black-out and can be re-programmed by another sim to have new traits! (you can even program away their hydrophobic trait)
All simbots are built (or comes from the taxi) with the hydrophobic trait.
The simbots will be, according to the family tree, the son or daughter of his/her creator.
If the simbot is alone in the household, the blackout will not kill him/her. It's a moodlet that disappears after a couple of hours. If another sim is present, the simbot can easily be repaired.

EDIT: It couldn't wait until I got a response here! When my simbot was electrocuted I thought he was going to have a black-out or something. Instead, it recharged his batteries and he didn't have to sleep for that night! Now if I could only industrialise the concept... ::)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Jazinga

Re: Simbots - The Way to Live
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 11:01:46 AM »
Really glad to see this thread.  I logged on this morning to see if any information was about!

I am really ambivalent about my Simbots.  My first one is actually "My Best Friend".  He arrived rather tattered and grungy.  A trip to the stylist did not fix it.  He is not the "son" of the Sims who got him as a reward, and, contrary to the Reward's name, did not arrive with status greater than "Friend".  He quickly became a very proficient Inventor and got the Opportunity to make another.  Done.

My second Simbot is the first's "Son", arriving from the completion of the Opportunity chain.  He's shiny.  Just like an adoption, the relationships are minimal between the Simbot and the household.

The second Simbot quickly hit on a townie who was a Pop Icon at the time.  After a few "A Simbot!" interrupti, they hit it off and married.  That got me thinking.  I am wondering if the Simbots can have children.  So...  One of my other "slacker" Sims (LTW fulfilled, no real career...  his whole day is gathering, breaking Space Rock Boards and gardening...) registered with the city as an Inventor.  He finally fulfilled the chain of Opportunities and made a Simbot, who is his daughter.  Now the "daughter" and the "My Best Friend" Simbots are "Fiancé"s.

So my Sims's household has three Simbots, with varying and very different relationships.  All three started out with "Brave" and "Hydrophobic" Traits and high "Handiness" and "Inventing" Skills.

So my generally "good" feelings about the Simbots are not many.  I really like them, in concept.  I like that they can be "tailored" to a skill set almost immediately after "conception".  My first had a skill set almost ideally tailored to Gardening.  My second had a skill set almost perfectly tailored to any artistic career path but his LTW was to master painting and writing so I ran with it.  My third, though, had a really strange mix.  Three of the five Traits would have made her LTW to rescue 30 Sims challenging, to say the least.  "Evil" was one of them.  The good news is that any Trait incompatibility can be "fixed" with ease, and if done early, without any real extra work.  The very best thing I can say about Simbots is that the lack of hygiene repair is a mixed blessing.  Activities that necessitate bathing are a perfect fit for Simbots.  I can gladly live with the loss of positive moodlets for the time gained from not bathing.  Match this with the appropriate Rewards and you can have a "maintenance-free" Simbot.  (I may have to try one with a skill set for a Nanny/Maid in a busy household with too many kids...)

Oddly, the Simbots don't "Short Out" from working in the garden when the sprinklers are running.  I avoided that for a while but then noticed my first Simbot walking through them en route to a task and gave it a shot, thinking that a four hour "Short Out", followed by the necessary "Sleep" would sync him up again with the household.  Alas, working in the sprinklers, as opposed to "Playing" in them, did not help me.

My frustrations are many. 

The "A Simbot!" reaction can happen any time, even during sleep with a Simbot spouse. Bleh.  The only thing that seems to have stopped that particular interaction is the relationship status of "Old Friend".  This status happened after the MBF Simbot decided to "Play with Sprinkler" and "Short Out" occurred.  I chose the "Repair" option and on we went.  The MBF seems to want to "Play with Sprinkler" any time he has nothing in his action queue.  Any time.  Particularly dangerous since he's a Gardener by trade.  (I am now in the habit of queueing either "Eat" or "Use" after "Tend Garden".)  After the second "Short Out", I decided to see what "Reprogram" was, and was pleasantly surprised that I could pick new Traits as a result.  The unpleasant surprises were that he still had to be repaired, and all of his relations were reset to minimal levels.  The only exception was that the repairing Sims became an "Old Friend" immediately after choosing "Thank for Repairing" from the "Friendly" menu.  The relationship bar was not full, but they don't have "A Simbot!" reactions when they pass.  "A Simbot!" reaction even occurs between Simbots reacting to another Simbot.  Only -really- good relationships with full green bars seems to alleviate this. 

Frankly, the more I see the "A Simbot!" reaction, the more it smacks of pure prejudice to me.  I get that it ties in to some of the Opportunities that pop up for Simbots, but to my mind, it's not nice.  It's also very frustrating from a playing perspective.  I am diligently working to boost my various household's relationships to see if that mitigates the chaos that "A Simbot!" produces. 

(One note I might make about that is that my household has a Sims who joined the household from Shang Simla.  He seems completely unaffected by Simbots.  He has yet to have "A Simbot!" reaction to any of the three.  The other NPC added to the household and married to one still wakes up at least once a Sims week with the reaction.)

Simbots are slow to get from place to place.  They don't seem to want to use those nifty "rocket boots" all that often.

Simbots have no new animations.  They "Dance" the same.  They "Sleep" the same.  They even "Woohoo" the same.  (Yes, a Simbot can and will "Woohoo" with a Sims.)  Their "Art" looks identical to what a normal Sims creates.  They don't even get to wear any of the Martial Arts belts they earn.

I anticipate others' reactions to these guys and gals.  Lots of potential but the implementation seems a bit off, to me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 11:16:31 AM »
I guess I'm just not the "non-sim" type of player.  I never cared for the creatures in any of the games, except for witches in sims 2...really enjoyed playing them.

I have no plans to keep a simbot after my inventing sim builds one.  The only question I have is...how much does the sim get for selling one after inventing one.  :D

Jazinga

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 01:19:59 PM »
Once the Simbot is "discovered" the only option is to adopt it or to set it free (Release into the Wild).  It's quite expensive to make one, and the mats for another are the same as the first.  I have not had a Sims with an Opportunity to make one for another Sims.  I have had Opportunities for all the other Big Inventions, though.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 01:55:40 PM »
I have noticed that they have funny number snores instead of 'Z's  ;) They also make quite good Nanny's for young sims as Marta (Simbot) showed with Jerry Character before he aged into a child.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 04:17:38 PM »
I'm trying to get my simbot from inventing. The first quest is for palladium, so I had my sim mining for it with no luck. Several sim days passed before I read that it's supposed to appear on the map, like for quests in WA. I've been looking at the map for 2 sim days now, and no marker for it. Do you think I waited too long and now it's not available? I still have the quest active.

And a side note, every time my sim mines he gets a golden hole. Is that intentional, or a bug?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Jazinga

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 05:27:40 PM »
LlamaMama, "Investigate" those golden holes.  In my experience, only about one in ten are not an adventure waiting to happen.  It's probably 50/50 that they have a good experience, but the reward from doing it is usually quite good.

I have my Sims "Fill In" the hole after exploring.  The few I get that I have not been able to have them explore, I have left open but nothing has happened yet.  Some are reporting that the holes act like a teleport...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 05:37:43 PM »
Oh yes, I've been investigating them, but I didn't expect that every hole would become one of those.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 06:09:35 PM »
I'm trying to get my simbot from inventing. The first quest is for palladium, so I had my sim mining for it with no luck. Several sim days passed before I read that it's supposed to appear on the map, like for quests in WA. I've been looking at the map for 2 sim days now, and no marker for it. Do you think I waited too long and now it's not available? I still have the quest active.
Hmm, I got palladium from mining almost immediately. It's a great way to earn metals.
If you don't get it, I guess you're just having bad luck. :-\
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 07:35:14 PM »
I've noticed that MBF simbot can 'smash' items that don't belong to me.  We were at the junkyard and he smashed most of the furniture and even other Sim's vechicles.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »
Any chance of SimBot toddlers?  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 08:28:17 PM »
Well, good names for those would be, Nuts, Bolts etc. etc.  That was my very bad attempt at simbot humor, but since the bots in sims2 couldn't have little bolts, I doubt these can either, that would be just weird. lol
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 01:09:20 AM »
At what level can you make a Simbot? I'm going to make a single Sim, who created a Simbot because she didn't want to get married or go through the stress of raising a child. Pretty soon, Simbots are all over town, with people falling in love with and marrying them.
Now that I reread my post, this whole thing sounds kinda like Chobits. :o
Formerly Simstar3

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 01:33:03 AM »
At what level can you make a Simbot? I'm going to make a single Sim, who created a Simbot because she didn't want to get married or go through the stress of raising a child. Pretty soon, Simbots are all over town, with people falling in love with and marrying them.

How will you populate the town with simbots, if she doesn't give birth to a babybot?  :D

Jazinga

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 09:25:06 AM »
Pam, I -really- hoped that toddlers were a chance.  I am not getting the option to "Try for Baby", though.  **sad face**

On a brighter note, two weeks of Sims's life and things have settled down a lot.  I have only had a few interruptions, one at night... between the two now-married Simbots.

I am curious how a Simbot would affect Nectar(making)... and how the Nectar(making) might affect them!

anything