Author Topic: Simbots - The Way to Live  (Read 67440 times)

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Simbots - The Way to Live
« on: June 10, 2010, 05:39:35 AM »
So, we have here at the forum a mummy thread, but now that I've finally started to play with simbots, I like to hear your thoughts or discoveries about it.

My primary question I wish to know: How long does a simbot live? ???

Fun things I've found: Simbots don't run, they have jet packs on their feet instead. :o
Sleeping in a cursed sarcophagus of kings grants them the evil trait and not mummy-robots :'( (I read it on sims.wikia, but I have personally confirmed it).
They can break anything without blowing the thing up and eat the scraps of the debris.
If they come into water, they will have a black-out and can be re-programmed by another sim to have new traits! (you can even program away their hydrophobic trait)
All simbots are built (or comes from the taxi) with the hydrophobic trait.
The simbots will be, according to the family tree, the son or daughter of his/her creator.
If the simbot is alone in the household, the blackout will not kill him/her. It's a moodlet that disappears after a couple of hours. If another sim is present, the simbot can easily be repaired.

EDIT: It couldn't wait until I got a response here! When my simbot was electrocuted I thought he was going to have a black-out or something. Instead, it recharged his batteries and he didn't have to sleep for that night! Now if I could only industrialise the concept... ::)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Jazinga

Re: Simbots - The Way to Live
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 11:01:46 AM »
Really glad to see this thread.  I logged on this morning to see if any information was about!

I am really ambivalent about my Simbots.  My first one is actually "My Best Friend".  He arrived rather tattered and grungy.  A trip to the stylist did not fix it.  He is not the "son" of the Sims who got him as a reward, and, contrary to the Reward's name, did not arrive with status greater than "Friend".  He quickly became a very proficient Inventor and got the Opportunity to make another.  Done.

My second Simbot is the first's "Son", arriving from the completion of the Opportunity chain.  He's shiny.  Just like an adoption, the relationships are minimal between the Simbot and the household.

The second Simbot quickly hit on a townie who was a Pop Icon at the time.  After a few "A Simbot!" interrupti, they hit it off and married.  That got me thinking.  I am wondering if the Simbots can have children.  So...  One of my other "slacker" Sims (LTW fulfilled, no real career...  his whole day is gathering, breaking Space Rock Boards and gardening...) registered with the city as an Inventor.  He finally fulfilled the chain of Opportunities and made a Simbot, who is his daughter.  Now the "daughter" and the "My Best Friend" Simbots are "Fiancé"s.

So my Sims's household has three Simbots, with varying and very different relationships.  All three started out with "Brave" and "Hydrophobic" Traits and high "Handiness" and "Inventing" Skills.

So my generally "good" feelings about the Simbots are not many.  I really like them, in concept.  I like that they can be "tailored" to a skill set almost immediately after "conception".  My first had a skill set almost ideally tailored to Gardening.  My second had a skill set almost perfectly tailored to any artistic career path but his LTW was to master painting and writing so I ran with it.  My third, though, had a really strange mix.  Three of the five Traits would have made her LTW to rescue 30 Sims challenging, to say the least.  "Evil" was one of them.  The good news is that any Trait incompatibility can be "fixed" with ease, and if done early, without any real extra work.  The very best thing I can say about Simbots is that the lack of hygiene repair is a mixed blessing.  Activities that necessitate bathing are a perfect fit for Simbots.  I can gladly live with the loss of positive moodlets for the time gained from not bathing.  Match this with the appropriate Rewards and you can have a "maintenance-free" Simbot.  (I may have to try one with a skill set for a Nanny/Maid in a busy household with too many kids...)

Oddly, the Simbots don't "Short Out" from working in the garden when the sprinklers are running.  I avoided that for a while but then noticed my first Simbot walking through them en route to a task and gave it a shot, thinking that a four hour "Short Out", followed by the necessary "Sleep" would sync him up again with the household.  Alas, working in the sprinklers, as opposed to "Playing" in them, did not help me.

My frustrations are many. 

The "A Simbot!" reaction can happen any time, even during sleep with a Simbot spouse. Bleh.  The only thing that seems to have stopped that particular interaction is the relationship status of "Old Friend".  This status happened after the MBF Simbot decided to "Play with Sprinkler" and "Short Out" occurred.  I chose the "Repair" option and on we went.  The MBF seems to want to "Play with Sprinkler" any time he has nothing in his action queue.  Any time.  Particularly dangerous since he's a Gardener by trade.  (I am now in the habit of queueing either "Eat" or "Use" after "Tend Garden".)  After the second "Short Out", I decided to see what "Reprogram" was, and was pleasantly surprised that I could pick new Traits as a result.  The unpleasant surprises were that he still had to be repaired, and all of his relations were reset to minimal levels.  The only exception was that the repairing Sims became an "Old Friend" immediately after choosing "Thank for Repairing" from the "Friendly" menu.  The relationship bar was not full, but they don't have "A Simbot!" reactions when they pass.  "A Simbot!" reaction even occurs between Simbots reacting to another Simbot.  Only -really- good relationships with full green bars seems to alleviate this. 

Frankly, the more I see the "A Simbot!" reaction, the more it smacks of pure prejudice to me.  I get that it ties in to some of the Opportunities that pop up for Simbots, but to my mind, it's not nice.  It's also very frustrating from a playing perspective.  I am diligently working to boost my various household's relationships to see if that mitigates the chaos that "A Simbot!" produces. 

(One note I might make about that is that my household has a Sims who joined the household from Shang Simla.  He seems completely unaffected by Simbots.  He has yet to have "A Simbot!" reaction to any of the three.  The other NPC added to the household and married to one still wakes up at least once a Sims week with the reaction.)

Simbots are slow to get from place to place.  They don't seem to want to use those nifty "rocket boots" all that often.

Simbots have no new animations.  They "Dance" the same.  They "Sleep" the same.  They even "Woohoo" the same.  (Yes, a Simbot can and will "Woohoo" with a Sims.)  Their "Art" looks identical to what a normal Sims creates.  They don't even get to wear any of the Martial Arts belts they earn.

I anticipate others' reactions to these guys and gals.  Lots of potential but the implementation seems a bit off, to me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 11:16:31 AM »
I guess I'm just not the "non-sim" type of player.  I never cared for the creatures in any of the games, except for witches in sims 2...really enjoyed playing them.

I have no plans to keep a simbot after my inventing sim builds one.  The only question I have is...how much does the sim get for selling one after inventing one.  :D

Jazinga

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 01:19:59 PM »
Once the Simbot is "discovered" the only option is to adopt it or to set it free (Release into the Wild).  It's quite expensive to make one, and the mats for another are the same as the first.  I have not had a Sims with an Opportunity to make one for another Sims.  I have had Opportunities for all the other Big Inventions, though.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 01:55:40 PM »
I have noticed that they have funny number snores instead of 'Z's  ;) They also make quite good Nanny's for young sims as Marta (Simbot) showed with Jerry Character before he aged into a child.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 04:17:38 PM »
I'm trying to get my simbot from inventing. The first quest is for palladium, so I had my sim mining for it with no luck. Several sim days passed before I read that it's supposed to appear on the map, like for quests in WA. I've been looking at the map for 2 sim days now, and no marker for it. Do you think I waited too long and now it's not available? I still have the quest active.

And a side note, every time my sim mines he gets a golden hole. Is that intentional, or a bug?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Jazinga

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 05:27:40 PM »
LlamaMama, "Investigate" those golden holes.  In my experience, only about one in ten are not an adventure waiting to happen.  It's probably 50/50 that they have a good experience, but the reward from doing it is usually quite good.

I have my Sims "Fill In" the hole after exploring.  The few I get that I have not been able to have them explore, I have left open but nothing has happened yet.  Some are reporting that the holes act like a teleport...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 05:37:43 PM »
Oh yes, I've been investigating them, but I didn't expect that every hole would become one of those.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 06:09:35 PM »
I'm trying to get my simbot from inventing. The first quest is for palladium, so I had my sim mining for it with no luck. Several sim days passed before I read that it's supposed to appear on the map, like for quests in WA. I've been looking at the map for 2 sim days now, and no marker for it. Do you think I waited too long and now it's not available? I still have the quest active.
Hmm, I got palladium from mining almost immediately. It's a great way to earn metals.
If you don't get it, I guess you're just having bad luck. :-\
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 07:35:14 PM »
I've noticed that MBF simbot can 'smash' items that don't belong to me.  We were at the junkyard and he smashed most of the furniture and even other Sim's vechicles.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »
Any chance of SimBot toddlers?  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 08:28:17 PM »
Well, good names for those would be, Nuts, Bolts etc. etc.  That was my very bad attempt at simbot humor, but since the bots in sims2 couldn't have little bolts, I doubt these can either, that would be just weird. lol
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 01:09:20 AM »
At what level can you make a Simbot? I'm going to make a single Sim, who created a Simbot because she didn't want to get married or go through the stress of raising a child. Pretty soon, Simbots are all over town, with people falling in love with and marrying them.
Now that I reread my post, this whole thing sounds kinda like Chobits. :o
Formerly Simstar3

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 01:33:03 AM »
At what level can you make a Simbot? I'm going to make a single Sim, who created a Simbot because she didn't want to get married or go through the stress of raising a child. Pretty soon, Simbots are all over town, with people falling in love with and marrying them.

How will you populate the town with simbots, if she doesn't give birth to a babybot?  :D

Jazinga

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 09:25:06 AM »
Pam, I -really- hoped that toddlers were a chance.  I am not getting the option to "Try for Baby", though.  **sad face**

On a brighter note, two weeks of Sims's life and things have settled down a lot.  I have only had a few interruptions, one at night... between the two now-married Simbots.

I am curious how a Simbot would affect Nectar(making)... and how the Nectar(making) might affect them!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 10:36:59 AM »

How will you populate the town with simbots, if she doesn't give birth to a babybot?  :D
...No idea.  :(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 10:54:52 AM »
The simbots are infertile and has just one life stage (as far as I've understood at the present), sorry Pam.

After you've reached level 10 in inventing, the first new skill opportunity will start an opportunity chain that leads your sim to discover how to build 'em. There is no waiting time between the opportunities in this chain as in the omni plant chain.

I'm also planning on populating the neighbourhood with them, but since they can't multiply on their own, you can start to build massive quantities of them and then move them to other houses in the neighbourhood! ;D

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 05:00:13 PM »
Isn't it possible to clone Sims?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 05:08:08 PM »
Isn't it possible to clone Sims?

In CAS, yes, You can do it in Change Appearance too, I think.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 06:18:54 PM »
In CAS, yes, You can do it in Change Appearance to, I think.
Simbots can enter neither. ;)
Besides, I don't know whether you can do that in change appearance; I'll have to check it up tomorrow.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 07:12:49 PM »
I think you can do it in CAS, I have seen Legacies upload people born in game? You could copy the household?

Tiax

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 05:13:18 AM »
I wanted to add a note here--if you're having trouble finding palladium or a pink diamond, periodically look around the town map when you have the appropriate task.

After about three days of having no palladium, I was taking my sim over to the library when I saw a blue rock symbol labeled as palladium.  So I trotted right on over an picked it up.

After a couple of days of no pink diamonds, the same thing happened to me.  A blue circle on the map highlighted a pink diamond and I was set. 

I don't know if the game will highlight the special seeds for lifefruit in this manner--I'm guessing that it won't, but I had it, so I didn't try to wait and see.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 06:29:40 AM »
What do you mean, it highlighted palladium/pink diamond? Are you using the collector helper? Because I use that, and I can never tell what is at each highlighted site until I pick it up...

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 06:53:03 AM »
What do you mean, it highlighted palladium/pink diamond? Are you using the collector helper? Because I use that, and I can never tell what is at each highlighted site until I pick it up...
No, it's like in an adventure when they ask you to pick up, for example red beetles, and then all red beetles are highlighted on your map view.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 07:35:01 AM »
Oh. I was hoping there was some way to see what they are normally. Oh well...

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2010, 02:36:00 PM »
I've just found out that simbots do not short out after diving in dive wells. It's perfectly safe to be out adventuring with them :)

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 02:54:37 PM »
That is good to know Swede.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 03:53:11 PM »
I've just found out that simbots do not short out after diving in dive wells. It's perfectly safe to be out adventuring with them :)
Wow, mixing the two expansions! You're a daredevil, Swede!

Tiax

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 05:52:38 PM »
I have a simbot with maxed out invention starting the simbot-making line of opportunities (find 1 palladium) and I use him to scope out palladium all over the map.  Every couple of days I can get one or two palladium ingots just looking around the map and picking them up with a differnt sim.  Same works for pink diamonds.  Nice way to pick up a few spares if you're looking to make more simbots and don't like to use the cheats.   :)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 03:24:14 PM »
I just started playing my inventor's simbot daughter, and I'm wondering why everyone thinks she smells bad. Is this the "A Simbot!" reaction previously mentioned?

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 05:15:33 PM »
I just started playing my inventor's simbot daughter, and I'm wondering why everyone thinks she smells bad. Is this the "A Simbot!" reaction previously mentioned?
If you mean when they interrupt the interaction queue and wave with their hands in front of them with disgust, then yes. :)

The Gilded Duke

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 06:59:48 PM »
Simbots don't seem that useful.
They are quicker to reproduce then sims are, but despite the description they seem to have a shorter lifespan.
From what I can tell they only have a single age category.
My inventor made (with the recipe) his simbot when he was an adult.  Now he is at the end of the elder category, and the simbot is at the end of their category.

They can smash objects, but a trained inventor can just explode them instead.
They don't need to bathe, but slob can also do that.
They have no customization options.

They can't use sprinklers.

While I guess taking over a neighborhood with simbots could be fun... much rather do it with ghosts.

Meurix

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 07:27:55 PM »
I found them rather useful in my legacy.
I had a triple and my simbot took care of them all the way until childhood while their parents earned money.
Now that my sims are not babies any more the simbot searches the galaxy with his telescope and earns quite a lot of money.

dragonic2020

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 12:44:54 PM »
OK, here's what I learned about Simbots.

Reactions From Other Sims (and Simbots)
Sometimes when my Simbot tries to talk to someone, they run away in fear (or maybe surprise/excitement).

Most people my Simbot encounters tend to dislike him and give him a disgusted look, or run away. There are also those Sims that do the exact opposite and do a fist pump when they see a Simbot. The first time you talk to someone, they may refuse the greeting and you have to greet them again. It's very annoying. However on some rare occassions, Sims react "normally" to Simbots. I think its got something to do with traits?

It is equally annoying when a Simbot walks by a Sim who is doing something (sleeping, reading, writing, etc.). The Sim stops whatever they're doing (even waking from sleep), and goes "It's a Simbot!". I currently have 2 Simbots and they both react to each other in the same manner, sometimes at the same time. There are times this reaction doesn't happen, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with befriending the Simbot.

Simbots for Tomb Exploration
Simbots naturally don't become dirty (due to some crazy engineering, or that they just don't mind). This is great for exploring tombs as normals Sims get filthy real fast.

But what about dive wells and steam traps? Aren't Simbots supposed to have an allergic reaction to water? Much to my surprise, Simbots can do both of those things just like normals Sims and only get the Soaked moodlet (which can be useful for disarming fire traps).

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but my Sim got caught in a fire trap and didn't catch fire or get the Singed moodlet. I have 2 Simbots and neither of them have ever caught on fire. I'm not sure if Mummies are any different.

I have yet to test them with electricity traps, poison traps and mummies.

Reprogramming and Repairing Simbots
After making a new Simbot, I like to reprogram it. So I send it to the shower where it gets short circuited. (O, Simbots can also short circuit if one or many of its moodlets drops too low.) Simbots stand hunched over for about 4 hours and then reboot themselves to return to normal.

After the reprogramming, I will repair the Simbot. Unfortunately, both times I did this my Sim got electrocuted and caught on fire. Again, the Simbot did not catch fire. My Sim had a high level handiness skill and yet she got electrocuted. It's really strange.

Just some of my observations. Hope it helps someone.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 07:02:09 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, dragonic2020!  That's some great information.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2010, 08:28:24 AM »
What happens if you reprogram them? I heard you get to re-chose their traits?

Meurix

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2010, 10:46:19 AM »
When you reprogram them you get to choose their traits ,but they lose all of their relationships with other sims in the process.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2010, 11:56:51 AM »
Can Simbots WooHoo?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Castastic

• Llama Wrangler
  • AYU - The BLUE BIRD in my life
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2010, 12:55:36 PM »
Can Simbots WooHoo?
From what I've heard, yes, they can do all normal social and romantic interactions that young adult or older sims can do, but they can't get children. So they're basically like elders.
If you are afraid of changes
Watch me at a distance
Whether or not I may do something
I'm talked about behind my back
Let it be

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2010, 02:02:57 AM »
Can they adopt? Thus becoming a parent?

Offline Castastic

• Llama Wrangler
  • AYU - The BLUE BIRD in my life
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2010, 12:29:29 PM »
Can they adopt? Thus becoming a parent?
Uhm, I have no idea about that. But logically, they should be able to. They just can't reproduce naturally, since they're made of metal and scrap et al, and not human flesh and DNA and stuff.
If you are afraid of changes
Watch me at a distance
Whether or not I may do something
I'm talked about behind my back
Let it be

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »
Uhm, I have no idea about that. But logically, they should be able to. They just can't reproduce naturally, since they're made of metal and scrap et al, and not human flesh and DNA and stuff.

As if Sims aren't made of pixels too, hehe.

Meurix

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2010, 09:23:20 PM »
As if Sims aren't made of pixels too, hehe.

Actually they aren't made of pixels, thay are made of a 3D model!  ;D

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2010, 12:40:46 AM »
I started playing my inventor and simbot daughter again today, and I'm noticing something interesting. My simbot puts her hands on her head and screams sometimes. I'm not sure why, but now my inventor/father is frequently doing that too. Neither have the neurotic trait (is that what a freak-out looks like?), and recently the inventor has started to act fearful, or paranoid (stopping and looking around and behind him), but there is no associated moodlet with the animations. What's going on?

I'm also wondering what to do with their wishes to be "best friends" with their daughter/father. I thought the usual friendships didn't apply to family.

Also, when I set the son-simbot free, he left town and I want him to return. I've since realized he appears in the relationship window, so I've been inviting him over to the family home. How do I go about getting him to move back into the family home? Can I do it with an ingame method? If not, how can I do it, considering he left town?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2010, 12:55:47 AM »
@LlamaMama:  Family relationships can still be Friends, Best Friends, etc.  You'll have the usual relationship bar that goes up or down depending on how the conversation is going.  I frequently get wishes to be friends with family members.  I think it's only Romantic Interests where the problems start with that.

If you invite the SimBot son over and get the relationship bar high enough, you'll get the option to ask him to move in.  I've done that with regular Sims who move out of town and I want them back.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2010, 12:58:58 AM »
Ah, thanks Pam!

I started playing my inventor and simbot daughter again today, and I'm noticing something interesting. My simbot puts her hands on her head and screams sometimes. I'm not sure why, but now my inventor/father is frequently doing that too. Neither have the neurotic trait (is that what a freak-out looks like?), and recently the inventor has started to act fearful, or paranoid (stopping and looking around and behind him), but there is no associated moodlet with the animations. What's going on?

I'm kind of thinking that maybe the Eccentric trait has elements of Neurotic or Insane, which would explain the inventor's behavior, but not the simbot's.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2010, 11:08:10 PM »

Updating and bumping this question: now the new wife and time machine-spawned child are doing the same hands on head and scream gesture. Whenever one does it there's a thought-bubble of a person in it (not of the simbot), and the simbot is usually in the room.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2010, 11:12:31 PM »
This doesn't have anything to do with simbots -sorry - but one of my new sims does the heads on the head & scream as well, and I have no idea why.  It looks like a neurotic freak-out, but he's not neurotic either.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2010, 11:44:23 PM »
I see it often, too.  I think it's just a gesture of frustration that isn't necessarily caused by anything we can see.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2010, 01:57:30 AM »
My sim also frequently acts scared and looks behind him, but there's no moodlet with it. Could it have something to do with all the comings and goings of gnomes at all hours?

SHadowenforcer911

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2010, 09:27:50 PM »
May I ask, once you've made one Simbot, can you make more? Or do you need the opportunity again?

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2010, 10:30:12 PM »
You've unlocked the ability to make more. But the requirements are the same.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2010, 04:59:22 PM »
I'm thinking of having my simbot buy herself a simbot husband with happiness points. Can she specify the gender, and is she allowed to marry him?

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »
I'm thinking of having my simbot buy herself a simbot husband with happiness points. Can she specify the gender, and is she allowed to marry him?

I've only purchased two with the my best friend option. The female Sim got a female Simbot and the male Sim got a male Simbot. I don't know if that always works or if it's random. I didn't get the option to choose though.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »
Darn! It's so hard for her to get a romance going. She has the Attractive reward, the Sparkly reward (forget what that's called), and charisma. It's not easy being a bot.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2010, 06:43:02 PM »
My male Sim got a female Simbot through the LTR?

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2010, 07:02:12 PM »
She has the Attractive reward, the Sparkly reward (forget what that's called), and charisma.
Eye Candy.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2010, 07:11:03 PM »
Darn! It's so hard for her to get a romance going. She has the Attractive reward, the Sparkly reward (forget what that's called), and charisma. It's not easy being a bot.

Poor thing, being a Bot has it's downside I guess. No single bots in town?

Give it a shot. What does she have to lose? The worst will be a new best friend.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2010, 07:23:41 PM »
Aha! If samoht04's male got a female, then it must be random. They're not related, right? Save/reload to the rescue!

Edit: Reporting back, got her a male on the first try. I'm pretty surprised that they have the prejudice response to each other. Unfortunately he's an Excitable boy, so between his "Woohoo!"s and his "A simbot!"s, their romantic interactions keep getting reset to the beginning. While they have woohoo'd successfully, the going steady, engaged, or married options haven't been offered.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2010, 05:36:52 AM »
If it wasn't a challenge game then you could always save before you finish/buy a bot and exit if you get the wrong gender.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2010, 10:49:49 AM »
Aha! If samoht04's male got a female, then it must be random. They're not related, right? Save/reload to the rescue!

Edit: Reporting back, got her a male on the first try. I'm pretty surprised that they have the prejudice response to each other. Unfortunately he's an Excitable boy, so between his "Woohoo!"s and his "A simbot!"s, their romantic interactions keep getting reset to the beginning. While they have woohoo'd successfully, the going steady, engaged, or married options haven't been offered.

Have her do what women have been doing since time began. Have her re-program him.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2010, 02:21:36 PM »
Good idea! I have them sharing a room now, because it's too much work to get them to share a bed. Every time I get one into it, the other one pops out. I think I'll change Excitable to Family Oriented or Hopeless Romantic.

(Too bad that the impulse to reprogram men is never successful.)

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2010, 05:12:13 PM »
According to my extensive research (which was the sims wiki) there is a new life state hybrid to everyone. This requires to kill your simsbot, but instead of just turning into junk they die into ghosts. I am testing this information asap so that I can see if the simbot does produce a ghost.

Thanks for indulging me,

MasterSiwel, The ghosthunter and Electron Gypsy
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »
Could you give me the link, Master Siwel?
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2010, 06:58:29 PM »
Was this it? It is at the bottom of the page but Doesn't have much extra info...
 - http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Hybrid

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2010, 09:25:20 PM »
Carl has a picture of a simbot ghost here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2010, 10:07:02 PM »
One of my Sim-bots has gone beyond talking to the appliances. He's talking to the microwave,it's talking back (as in flapping it's door and bouncing up and down) then my bot hugs it and little hearts  appear in the air. Is it bot-micro love?

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2010, 10:46:07 PM »
One of my Sim-bots has gone beyond talking to the appliances. He's talking to the microwave,it's talking back (as in flapping it's door and bouncing up and down) then my bot hugs it and little hearts  appear in the air. Is it bot-micro love?

It sure is! I took that as evidence that it was time to buy my bot a bot-husband.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2010, 11:47:53 PM »
It sure is! I took that as evidence that it was time to buy my bot a bot-husband.

But I have a problem. I have three bots right now. One named Dante,one named Allen and one named Jamie. All three were named by the game. Any idea how I can tell if Jamie is a boy-bot or a girl-bot?

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2010, 12:04:02 AM »
The girl-bot has flippy hair.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2010, 12:10:23 AM »
The girl-bot has flippy hair.

Seriously?  ??? I never noticed. I'll have to check but I think I have three boy-bots.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2010, 12:35:22 AM »
In my experience, they tell you what gender it is when you make/buy one. There's a picture here. The one on the right is female.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2010, 01:03:18 AM »
Looks Like I have three guys.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2010, 02:33:00 AM »
My Sim made a female Simbot on her own, then that Simbot made another female on her own.  The females also have a touch of lipstick and a little heel on their feet.  This is Elvira and her daughter, Shonda.  Elvira looks silver, while Shonda has a beige tint or something.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2010, 08:24:48 AM »
I have Two Females Mother and Daughter, yeah the Females wear lipstick, They have heels?

Also I just noticed Eyelashes!  ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2010, 08:35:59 AM »
I thought they had heels, but when I got a good look at a picture of a male, their feet look mostly the same.  I did notice, however, that the female's midsection is smaller than the male's.  I had to quickly move Shonda out of the house because the reactions of everyone and of the Simbots to each other was a little more than I could handle.  One Simbot is not so bad, but two was too much!  So Shonda moved to a nice little house on the beach that happens to be the house I submitted to the July Building Contest.  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

MLBerry

« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2010, 09:24:50 AM »
How soon after maxing the invention skill do you get the quest?  It been three or four days and no call.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2010, 12:44:58 PM »
Do you keep the opportunity slot free? (i.e. No other opportunity going on?)
If you still don't get the opportunity you just have to play the waiting game. For me, it's always been the very first skill (I think it was skill) opportunity after the skill is maximised.

Frey

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
Uh... I'm still trying to make one :(. I know, I could go the easy way and buy it, but I really want my sim to make it... but I've been waiting for the opportunity for ages (seriously, it's been like sim-months now). I do have the inventing skill leveled up to 10 and my opportunity slot is open, but I've had no luck. Anyone knows if that's normal? isn't there a way to force it? I'm not very into cheating but I'm starting to get really impatient here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2010, 07:11:18 PM »
Uh... I'm still trying to make one :(. I know, I could go the easy way and buy it, but I really want my sim to make it... but I've been waiting for the opportunity for ages (seriously, it's been like sim-months now). I do have the inventing skill leveled up to 10 and my opportunity slot is open, but I've had no luck. Anyone knows if that's normal? isn't there a way to force it? I'm not very into cheating but I'm starting to get really impatient here.

My Sims usually get that option soon after maxing out the skill. You will be asked to deliver (I think) palladium to the science facility,then they will ask for 10 life fruit, 100 scrap and a heart shaped pink diamond. I've had one of my inventors waiting forever trying to get that heart.

Frey

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2010, 08:49:23 PM »
Yeah I know what the opportunity is about, but my sim reached level 10 at the inventing skill like ages ago, and he won't get the call.

Frey

« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2010, 12:43:26 AM »
I got it!

Now my simbot is talking to the food processor :D the funniest is that the human interaction level goes up while she does it lol.

kestie freehawk

« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2010, 01:29:40 PM »
My Simbot acquired through MOBF reward came as a male bot for a female Sim.  She was single and it seemed like a perfect time to expand her basement with a new nectary and Invention center.  He wanted to be a general so first he was off to a handy class and a job at the base.  He had his own bedroom upstairs in the house and he had a small scrap heap in the bottom basement.  I made a bathroom for him and he had his own invention bench. He did repair and invent to a very high level including making wind up hoppers, the dipper claw and the freshers for bathrooms.  I loved the hoppers dearly and had them positioned all over the nectary.  Then the worst happened. Ambitions failed and I did not know that the house would have things replaced with something like it, I went in and it was a shambles.  I couldn't save the house it would crash and the only way to save the main charactor was to move her into another empty house.  I could play the game but not save,  It would hang for hours.

I liked the bot and the funnest part is that it had made his own shrine with a food processor and counter salvaged from the junkyard. I want one again and when Riskillas children are older teens I will get her another, but right now with lvl10 cooking job and two active children to raise my hands are full. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2010, 12:59:06 AM »
Kestie,

Were you running any mods or third party custom content? 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog