Author Topic: Simbots - The Way to Live  (Read 67760 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: Simbots - The Way to Live
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2010, 12:58:58 AM »
Ah, thanks Pam!

I started playing my inventor and simbot daughter again today, and I'm noticing something interesting. My simbot puts her hands on her head and screams sometimes. I'm not sure why, but now my inventor/father is frequently doing that too. Neither have the neurotic trait (is that what a freak-out looks like?), and recently the inventor has started to act fearful, or paranoid (stopping and looking around and behind him), but there is no associated moodlet with the animations. What's going on?

I'm kind of thinking that maybe the Eccentric trait has elements of Neurotic or Insane, which would explain the inventor's behavior, but not the simbot's.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2010, 11:08:10 PM »
I started playing my inventor and simbot daughter again today, and I'm noticing something interesting. My simbot puts her hands on her head and screams sometimes. I'm not sure why, but now my inventor/father is frequently doing that too. Neither have the neurotic trait (is that what a freak-out looks like?), and recently the inventor has started to act fearful, or paranoid (stopping and looking around and behind him), but there is no associated moodlet with the animations. What's going on?

Updating and bumping this question: now the new wife and time machine-spawned child are doing the same hands on head and scream gesture. Whenever one does it there's a thought-bubble of a person in it (not of the simbot), and the simbot is usually in the room.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2010, 11:12:31 PM »
This doesn't have anything to do with simbots -sorry - but one of my new sims does the heads on the head & scream as well, and I have no idea why.  It looks like a neurotic freak-out, but he's not neurotic either.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2010, 11:44:23 PM »
I see it often, too.  I think it's just a gesture of frustration that isn't necessarily caused by anything we can see.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2010, 01:57:30 AM »
My sim also frequently acts scared and looks behind him, but there's no moodlet with it. Could it have something to do with all the comings and goings of gnomes at all hours?

SHadowenforcer911

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2010, 09:27:50 PM »
May I ask, once you've made one Simbot, can you make more? Or do you need the opportunity again?

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2010, 10:30:12 PM »
You've unlocked the ability to make more. But the requirements are the same.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2010, 04:59:22 PM »
I'm thinking of having my simbot buy herself a simbot husband with happiness points. Can she specify the gender, and is she allowed to marry him?

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »
I'm thinking of having my simbot buy herself a simbot husband with happiness points. Can she specify the gender, and is she allowed to marry him?

I've only purchased two with the my best friend option. The female Sim got a female Simbot and the male Sim got a male Simbot. I don't know if that always works or if it's random. I didn't get the option to choose though.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »
Darn! It's so hard for her to get a romance going. She has the Attractive reward, the Sparkly reward (forget what that's called), and charisma. It's not easy being a bot.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2010, 06:43:02 PM »
My male Sim got a female Simbot through the LTR?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2010, 07:02:12 PM »
She has the Attractive reward, the Sparkly reward (forget what that's called), and charisma.
Eye Candy.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2010, 07:11:03 PM »
Darn! It's so hard for her to get a romance going. She has the Attractive reward, the Sparkly reward (forget what that's called), and charisma. It's not easy being a bot.

Poor thing, being a Bot has it's downside I guess. No single bots in town?

Give it a shot. What does she have to lose? The worst will be a new best friend.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2010, 07:23:41 PM »
Aha! If samoht04's male got a female, then it must be random. They're not related, right? Save/reload to the rescue!

Edit: Reporting back, got her a male on the first try. I'm pretty surprised that they have the prejudice response to each other. Unfortunately he's an Excitable boy, so between his "Woohoo!"s and his "A simbot!"s, their romantic interactions keep getting reset to the beginning. While they have woohoo'd successfully, the going steady, engaged, or married options haven't been offered.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2010, 05:36:52 AM »
If it wasn't a challenge game then you could always save before you finish/buy a bot and exit if you get the wrong gender.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything