Author Topic: Meteors  (Read 36447 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Meteor Shower!
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 12:55:50 PM »
Thanks for the information on removing moodlets.  I've added it to my list of useful data not in the Prima guide.   :D 

Saltypaws, how awful, losing your character to a meteor shower 10 minutes into the game!  I think that should be grounds for starting over.  It obviously wasn't your fault, and it happened early enough that it wouldn't really be a new game if you used the same character, more like a re-start.  Well, it's obviously not up to me, but that's my opinion for what it's worth.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2010, 12:59:49 PM »
Well, the thing is, it is part of the game and it is unfortunate that it happened, but, I truly understand if there is no do over and I really don't expect one.  Thank heavens that I was not towards the end of the challenge and it happened, then I would have really been upset.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 01:36:19 PM »
I've not had any meteors yet, but if it's linked to the telescope or if that increases the likelihood of it, I've forgotten to unpack my family's telescope since they moved.
Saltypaws, that's awful luck! Although you've discovered what colour a meteor ghost is - every cloud has a silver lining? And like you said, at least it wasn't towards the end of the challenge.
Grr Argh!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 01:52:17 PM »
The funny thing is, these meteors we are getting now are not even linked with the telescope, which makes it more interesting and unexpected.

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 03:12:46 PM »
Just my two cents worth, I think maybe there should be a clause in the rules somewhere that if something like this (nothing you did) happens within an hour of starting, you should get a second chance! I mean it was clearly nothing you as a player did, so I would give you a second chance, but that's just me! But Metro, Carl and Pam are cool people, maybe they will agree with me!

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 03:38:54 PM »
Wow!  That's so crazy!

I"m thinking this is kind of like when one of Pam's challenge characters died in the swimming pool, even though the sim wasn't fatigued or anything.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 03:53:58 PM »
My political traiter challenge got hit by an meteor too. They where both sleeping in their outdoor bed when the message came that it gotten dark over Martin McAleese. I woke them up and they only got away with a few seconds to go.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 04:16:13 PM »
I was told I could start over, but I sure didn't do the same thing the second time as I did the first time.  I was sure watching the top right corner, because I would have been so out of there, lol.  Too bad I didn't get to see how much that meteor was worth, by then I could not click on it.  I appreciate the do over.

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 04:26:50 PM »
Awesome Salty! I'm so happy for you! Good luck!  ;D

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 04:32:47 PM »
Saltypaws, I'm so glad you're going to be restarting your challenge game!  You'll have a lot of fun with it.  Although maybe I should be wishing for all my competitors to drop out, then I wouldn't have to worry about coming in last.   ;D

Has anyone had meteors in any of the travel destinations?  I'm wondering if they happen there.  This is a big concern as my sims tend to live in tents while on vacation, and it would be nice to know if it's still safe for them to do so.  I can just picture a meteor shower totally destroying base camp in Egypt.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 04:58:10 PM »
My political traiter challenge got hit by an meteor too. They where both sleeping in their outdoor bed when the message came that it gotten dark over Martin McAleese. I woke them up and they only got away with a few seconds to go.

Just to give all Tournament players a heads up on this whole meteor issue, I'm contemplating just having a standing policy of allowing a redo in the event of death by meteor to a challenge character. So far it's only happened to Salty, but I'm pretty confident it's going to happen again. So, that's probably what will happen — sort of an "unwritten rule" that everyone knows about. Or I'll just spell it out as an exception to the one shot rule. But, I want to see if it happens again anytime soon.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2010, 12:21:18 AM »
That's quite a wild story, Salty! Could you tell if the ghost was the same kind of orange as when they die in a fire?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2010, 04:43:16 AM »
This must be the new death in this EP. How does the tombstone look like?
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

twrdrockfan

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2010, 04:53:40 AM »
Yeah... I got that warning once. My loner sim was sculpting away outside, and all the neighbors gathered around the edge of my property. Then, SQUISH. One less player-controlled sim in the world.

I HATE meteors.

jayseesee

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2010, 05:43:28 AM »
Big rock, moving kinda fast, huge shadow, notification, special music.  Run? ;)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2010, 09:25:38 AM »
It was still orange, pic on previous page.  You got that right jayseesee.  Only thing is, I tried to click on her to "go here" and it was too late, that meteor had it in for her, lol.  They say that they actually signal out the sim to land on.  So far I have been bery bery careful of those signs, lol.  Tombstone looks the same as always.

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2010, 09:30:03 AM »
Whats the sign on the tombstone though? Don't they usually have different signs according to how they died? Like an hour glass for old age, and a flame for burning?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2010, 10:16:41 AM »
Hmmmm, darn, that is one pic I did not get and to be honest, I never really noticed.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I will pay more attention next time.  *smacking self for not taking pic* lol

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2010, 11:36:34 AM »
It's probably just a falling meteor.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2010, 11:35:19 PM »
Do death flowers save you from meteors?

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2010, 11:46:09 PM »
Yes. When Grimmy shows up, the Sim in question will give him the flower, and he will revive them and leave.
Formerly Simstar3

omega2alpha

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2010, 12:24:52 PM »
There is someone in the graveyard who died by meteor and their tombstone had a big explosion on it and the meteor tail diagonally pointed at the explosion.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2010, 09:27:49 PM »
The funny thing is, these meteors we are getting now are not even linked with the telescope, which makes it more interesting and unexpected.

I agree with Salty here! After I got hit by one meteor, that was enough for me, so I had her stop using the telescope. Week 9 Jamie and her daughter were just minding their own business, Jamie was getting ready to tend the garden and Patty was getting ready for work and I got the little notification that the sky got dark. I immediately paused it and orbed them away from the house. It took out my dryer, hamper, bookcase AND my $5300 bed! It also broke my shower, so I have fires going, and puddles forming everywhere! And neither one of them had been using the telescope for at least several weeks! I'm thinking I might just sell it! 

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2010, 10:07:46 PM »
Mine didn't even own a telescope, so I don't think it even has anything to do with that anymore.  By some chance, was the meteor worth anything at all, lol.

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2010, 10:26:24 PM »
I've had crazy good luck ever since I started playing the game last year.  I've only had a handful of deaths that weren't from old age.  Three, I think.  I wonder if my luck will hold out with these meteor showers or will my Sim be wiped out while I watch, paralyzed with shock. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything