Author Topic: Meteors  (Read 63754 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Meteor Shower!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 07:58:59 PM »
Or you could have just gotten rid of the moodlet.  Just a thought.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 10:52:48 PM »
Sure I could have moved, but I was playing a private investigator and frankly, it got boring very quickly.  I likely wouldn't have played that game much longer anyway.  It would have been nice to know what was causing that disgusted moodlet though, in case it ever happens again.  Saltypaws, how would you get rid of the moodlet?  And if you did, wouldn't it just come back unless you got rid of whatever was causing it?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 11:13:03 PM »
If you have testingcheatsenabled true just control+click it and the moodlet goes away. I don't know if it would come back though! I don't know if I'm lucky or unlucky. I have not had any crazy things like that! I think I'm gonna start a new game and use the telescope, see if I can get some crazy screenshots!

EDIT Well I started a new game. It is now Week 2 Day 6 and other than finding 5 meteors,3 large 2 gigantic and finding a $7552 star, nothing weird has happened.

I guess all my games are weird-free!  >:(

Yippee! Week 3 Day 3 a meteor hit! it was very fun! I got singed from it and alot of peeps caught on fire! No one died though!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 02:10:22 AM »
Ok, after its said and done, I'm not sure I like that! I had me a little garden right beside my 2 telescopes and the meteor took out one of my telescopes which is no biggie, but then it also messed up my plants! So I planted another garden on the other side of the lot far away from my telescope! I'm hoping I can still salvage my cheese and egg plants because I had just gotten them to perfect! If I can, I'm planting the rest away from my telescope!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 03:08:46 AM »
Saltypaws, how would you get rid of the moodlet?  And if you did, wouldn't it just come back unless you got rid of whatever was causing it?

Chances are it would come back if the game is bugged.  I've had that happen before and had to give up that game file. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 06:44:07 AM »
You can get rid of moodlets by turning testingcheatsenabled true on and then shift clicking the moodlet.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 09:17:59 AM »
Sure I could have moved, but I was playing a private investigator and frankly, it got boring very quickly.  I likely wouldn't have played that game much longer anyway.  It would have been nice to know what was causing that disgusted moodlet though, in case it ever happens again.  Saltypaws, how would you get rid of the moodlet?  And if you did, wouldn't it just come back unless you got rid of whatever was causing it?

If the moodlet is just stuck like mine was, it never did come back, but if there is something that you cannot find that is making the disgusted moodlet, then it will probably come back.  So far I have use testingcheats about three times to get rid of it and it did not come back.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »
Something I forgot to mention:  after the meteor shower that destroyed all my sim's outdoor possessions, she had a constant "disgusted" moodlet on her lot.  I couldn't find anything that would have been causing that moodlet - I had filled in the big craters outside, and as far as I could tell, there was nothing different inside the house.  I didn't want to deal with that negative moodlet every time she was at home so I wound up deleting the game.   
Thanks for posting this Schipperke.  That's exactly what has happened to my sim, except his disgusted moodlet happens when he goes into the bedroom, next to where the meteor hit.  I have used testingCheatsEnabled, shift/click several times and the moodlet just comes right back.  I was thinking of moving him to another house, so I guess that's what I'll have to do. ::)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 12:40:49 PM »
No one would believe me if I did not have pictures.  I started crazy eights challenge.  My sim went downtown to get the first two books, then the sky goes dark:

Bam, first meteor:

Then the second two hit:

Guess where it landed:

You got it, right on my challenge character, here is grimmy:

And poof, she is gone:

I had only started 10 minutes ealier, can you believe that.  So, since this is part of the game, I suppose that ends this challenge for me and I totally understand, it was just unfortunate.  See I should not have complained that I had not had a meteor.  Good grief, lol.

Abigor

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 12:46:50 PM »
My character is 3 weeks in-game, and no meteors whatsoever.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 12:55:50 PM »
Thanks for the information on removing moodlets.  I've added it to my list of useful data not in the Prima guide.   :D 

Saltypaws, how awful, losing your character to a meteor shower 10 minutes into the game!  I think that should be grounds for starting over.  It obviously wasn't your fault, and it happened early enough that it wouldn't really be a new game if you used the same character, more like a re-start.  Well, it's obviously not up to me, but that's my opinion for what it's worth.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2010, 12:59:49 PM »
Well, the thing is, it is part of the game and it is unfortunate that it happened, but, I truly understand if there is no do over and I really don't expect one.  Thank heavens that I was not towards the end of the challenge and it happened, then I would have really been upset.

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 01:36:19 PM »
I've not had any meteors yet, but if it's linked to the telescope or if that increases the likelihood of it, I've forgotten to unpack my family's telescope since they moved.
Saltypaws, that's awful luck! Although you've discovered what colour a meteor ghost is - every cloud has a silver lining? And like you said, at least it wasn't towards the end of the challenge.
Grr Argh!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 01:52:17 PM »
The funny thing is, these meteors we are getting now are not even linked with the telescope, which makes it more interesting and unexpected.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 03:12:46 PM »
Just my two cents worth, I think maybe there should be a clause in the rules somewhere that if something like this (nothing you did) happens within an hour of starting, you should get a second chance! I mean it was clearly nothing you as a player did, so I would give you a second chance, but that's just me! But Metro, Carl and Pam are cool people, maybe they will agree with me!