Author Topic: Meteors  (Read 63776 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Meteor Shower!
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2010, 11:46:09 PM »
Yes. When Grimmy shows up, the Sim in question will give him the flower, and he will revive them and leave.
Formerly Simstar3

omega2alpha

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2010, 12:24:52 PM »
There is someone in the graveyard who died by meteor and their tombstone had a big explosion on it and the meteor tail diagonally pointed at the explosion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2010, 09:27:49 PM »
The funny thing is, these meteors we are getting now are not even linked with the telescope, which makes it more interesting and unexpected.

I agree with Salty here! After I got hit by one meteor, that was enough for me, so I had her stop using the telescope. Week 9 Jamie and her daughter were just minding their own business, Jamie was getting ready to tend the garden and Patty was getting ready for work and I got the little notification that the sky got dark. I immediately paused it and orbed them away from the house. It took out my dryer, hamper, bookcase AND my $5300 bed! It also broke my shower, so I have fires going, and puddles forming everywhere! And neither one of them had been using the telescope for at least several weeks! I'm thinking I might just sell it! 

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2010, 10:07:46 PM »
Mine didn't even own a telescope, so I don't think it even has anything to do with that anymore.  By some chance, was the meteor worth anything at all, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2010, 10:26:24 PM »
I've had crazy good luck ever since I started playing the game last year.  I've only had a handful of deaths that weren't from old age.  Three, I think.  I wonder if my luck will hold out with these meteor showers or will my Sim be wiped out while I watch, paralyzed with shock. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2010, 10:47:52 PM »
Ummm, Pam, you just said the same thing I did, first I said I had not had any earthquakes, I had one.  Then I said, I had not had any meteors, then the next day I had one.  I am keeping my mouth shut from now on, lol.

We are here for ya Pam.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2010, 10:54:15 PM »
I think it was worth around $5000. Not even enough to cover the bed much less the other things I lost. I'm also keeping my mouth shut from now on! I at first thought it would be fun, but it's not worth it! I mean if the meteor was worth $30,000 maybe, but not $5000 when the bed it destroyed was $5300!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2010, 10:57:09 PM »
You would think that if a meteor was going to destroy something, it would at least have the nerve to be worth something, lol, or like mine, be at a community lot.  I wonder when a meteor hits downtown, if the mark stays there or eventually goes away.  Since I had just started and did not save, I have no idea, all I know, it looked like a lot of damage to the sidewalk.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 10:57:44 PM »
I'm probably facing imminent disaster, then.  My Sim just married the Twinbrook Rock Star, DeAndre Wolff or something like that.  He was living with the hyphenated family.  I kicked them out except for the toddler who is now being raised by strangers.  Perfect time for a natural disaster.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2010, 03:48:07 AM »
I agree with Salty here! After I got hit by one meteor, that was enough for me, so I had her stop using the telescope. Week 9 Jamie and her daughter were just minding their own business, Jamie was getting ready to tend the garden and Patty was getting ready for work and I got the little notification that the sky got dark. I immediately paused it and orbed them away from the house. It took out my dryer, hamper, bookcase AND my $5300 bed! It also broke my shower, so I have fires going, and puddles forming everywhere! And neither one of them had been using the telescope for at least several weeks! I'm thinking I might just sell it! 

What do you mean by 'orbed' them away from the house? Do you just mean you told them to run? Or is there some orb machine I haven't heard about?

I wonder has anyone had a meteor hit a multi-storey house yet? Mine is 4 stories high (plus 2 levels of basement) so I'd be interested in what a meteor might do to it.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2010, 08:48:25 AM »
Honestly, if a meteor was going to hit, it would not matter, it would probably hit anything it found.  If it is going after a particular sim, they will find them, scary thought,  lol.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2010, 01:18:45 PM »
I meant teleported. I have testingcheatsenabled and I just shift+clicked away from the house and teleported them. I really love Charmed and when they teleport, it reminds me of when Leo or Paige orb. Sorry for the confusion!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2010, 03:11:21 PM »
"Charmed"? ???
Formerly Simstar3

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2010, 05:48:53 PM »
"Charmed" was a TV show about witches.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2010, 05:49:55 PM »
Yes, Charmed. It is an awesome show about sister witches that ran from 1998-2006. I would write more about it, but considering it has nothing to do with meteors, if you want to know more, you can PM me!

Edit: Yes, Wild! Did you like it too?

anything