Author Topic: Patch 1.38  (Read 63850 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Patch 1.38
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2012, 09:57:42 AM »
I've been having things disappear from my Sim's inventory since this patch.  The first I knew of this was when he suddenly started taking cabs again - I wondered why he wasn't using the motorcycle in his inventory, and it wasn't there.  Also purchased books have gone missing.  So I'm going to be very careful about what I keep in my Sims' inventories and not keep anything there that I wouldn't want to lose.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Patch 1.38
« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2012, 10:09:48 AM »
I've been having things disappear from my Sim's inventory since this patch.  The first I knew of this was when he suddenly started taking cabs again - I wondered why he wasn't using the motorcycle in his inventory, and it wasn't there.  Also purchased books have gone missing.  So I'm going to be very careful about what I keep in my Sims' inventories and not keep anything there that I wouldn't want to lose.

This has happened to me as well. Bobby Sargeant's Bwan Speedster disappeared from his inventory. And it wasn't in its parking place in the house. Since both Bobby and Scout both had police cars I thought that was why. The car was parked in their basement this morning when I went back into the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2012, 10:27:22 AM »
This has happened to me as well. Bobby Sargeant's Bwan Speedster disappeared from his inventory. And it wasn't in its parking place in the house. Since both Bobby and Scout both had police cars I thought that was why. The car was parked in their basement this morning when I went back into the game.

So the car disappeared and then reappeared?  Wow.  I'm glad you got the expensive car back, jude.  But my Sim lives on a vacant lot, with no parking space (I usually delete them once the vehicle is in their inventory) so his motorcycle seems to be gone for good, sadly.  I'm quite annoyed about the loss of the books - they were copies of books he had written that I was saving for a particular reason.  Guess I'll have to reorder them all and find someplace else to store them.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2012, 11:54:41 AM »
I've had books disappearing from inventory. They always ended up in the basement. I didn't know they were coming from the inventory first (books worms you know), but i finally figured it out.

May your things will turn up when you are back from vacation?

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2012, 11:57:15 AM »
I had random disappearing inventory books that never returned, so I gave them all the books that default come with a bookshelf (The annoying ones they continue to read day in and day out). Two birds, one stone.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #245 on: September 11, 2012, 01:26:24 PM »
That's interesting about missing books turning up in the basement!  It doesn't apply in my case as my Sim doesn't have a basement (or a house, for that matter) but at least people with basements will know to look there for missing objects.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #246 on: September 11, 2012, 11:21:25 PM »
Is it me, or are toddlers crying/throwing tantrums more often since the latest patch?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Patch 1.38
« Reply #247 on: September 11, 2012, 11:22:23 PM »
Is it me, or are toddlers crying/throwing tantrums more often since the latest patch?

I agree! I thought I was just being a bad guardian. LOL

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2012, 12:33:00 AM »
Yeah its like... I feed them and it sets off the "brat alarm". Doesn't matter if its high chair or floor.
And when they're just hungry [their bar doesn't read starving] in the morning, they bang the bars and throw tantrums with the starving thought bubble above their heads.

This just makes the Surrounded by Family LTW much more challenging.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #249 on: September 12, 2012, 12:40:59 AM »
I don't know if I'm just being lucky but my new sims hasn't failed once to catch a butterfly or beetle. Not that I'm complaining. :)
I remember starting new sims before and they would miss several when just starting out collecting.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2012, 10:38:43 PM »
Has anyone noticed strange behaviour when building?  Since the patch I have had lag problems which can only be resolved by switching mode.  ie: from build to buy and back again.  It happens every few minutes, particularly bad when using the custom design tool.  Also, I have several, but not all lots in SV that will not recognise the second floor (first floor if you are American).  So I can only build bungalows on them.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #251 on: September 13, 2012, 12:36:15 AM »
I'm having Create-A-Style lag quite horribly. But that was before this patch, so I can't confirm it's from that.
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #252 on: September 13, 2012, 03:00:28 AM »
I'm having the same problem Wai, but like DeNile I think I've had them since before the patch. What usually helps for me is to switch to the handtool then back again. Also, if you want to move your camera angle, use the arrows in the left hand corner instead of the mouse.

Hope this helps you.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #253 on: September 13, 2012, 03:06:35 AM »
I've just installed my nice new shiny copy of Supernatural, and now looking through the changes that the patch makes. It's interesting that the auto venue placement is in there. So there is a way to stop it doing that if you want to mod that file :) Or even... change where the lots get placed!

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #254 on: September 13, 2012, 06:42:19 PM »
Whoa.  Talk about an exploitable bug.  So that whole sell something from inventory and you can sell it twice?  It's not just twice.  If you continue to sell it through the inventory, the item continues to appear (in my game, at least) and you can sell it, well, I've sold the same piece of soulpeace four times now.  Whoa!  (Kind of takes the fun out of earning a living, but hey, whatever.)