Author Topic: Supernatural - First Impressions  (Read 206574 times)

Offline Mikeyspoons

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Supernatural - First Impressions
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2012, 06:54:31 PM »
I am loving this EP! I wasn't sure when it was first announced, but now I'm playing it, I can honestly say it's fantastic! I've only really played as witches, which are great, especially when Morgana's apple was transmutated into woohooium. Moonlight Falls is a great neighbourhood, with tons of spawn locations, brilliant for any collector (such as myself). Two of my favourite items (so far) have to be the gem cutter; being able to cut my gems for free and instantly is great. The second is the indoor planter; having a row of plants infront of windows is just so pretty and great on a full moon when Morgana needs ingredients for elixers and the garden is over run with zombies. One final thing to share, I had 5 sims in my garden during a full moon and one of them had brought a radio from the dead resulting in all 5 zombies doing the smustle, just hilarious!

Offline crowgrrrl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2012, 07:06:44 PM »
@cndneh
You are most welcome! I went through my first full moon and not a single zombie. I do have Twallan's Story Progression so I was not expecting any but looked all around the town anyway lol.

My Bonehilda cleaned up one dirty dish, went on the porch, kicked a gnome over and disappeared. The option to dismiss her is there but I cannot find her anywhere. I guess I will dismiss her and see what happens. I am going to try another one to see if she also disappears. Maybe she didn't have enough to do.  :o

Regards,
Sarah

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2012, 07:14:24 PM »
Okay, it seems that gatherer also increases the likelihood of finding rarer space rocks - either that or I just had the most astounding luck ever with NINE in a row all coming up "one of the rarest space rocks!"

I don't know about Bonehilda - but I do know that for your werewolf needs to be in werewolf form and then just click the ground anywhere. It should say Hunt Solo and she'll run off sniffing the ground a bunch.  This will also help with her werewolf hidden skill so she'll learn more werewolfy things like how to add to her pack.

Aha. I was clicking on her, that would explain it.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2012, 11:17:18 PM »
I haven't played a witch yet so maybe its one of her/his things but how do you change people back from having frog/toad heads?  (I'm assuming they got turned into a toad by an evil witch) is there a potion? a spell perhaps? 

I also managed to finish the "Inner Beauty" LTW and the one that makes you use 50 potions on people.  Some of those potions are a riot!  "Large and in Charge".... super fat Sims, "lean and mean"... super skinny sims, the "Midas touch"... gold gold every where! 

And loving the collection trait.  I'm actually finding bugs that I didn't know existed... that came with World Adventures (a butterfly named "Cleopatras Butterfly"  never seen or heard of this one and I caught FOUR of them!!  And there are more than yellow and green fireflies.. there is pink, and orange, and red, and blue, and purple and white... Yowzas!!

;D

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2012, 12:03:01 AM »
Yes I just went on a three day trip to China and I was starting to get annoyed at the red assassin beetles because I want to get my 10 beetles, haha. I got a pile of those and some of the yellow dart butterflies, as well as water beetles and bamboo straight butterflies, so only two more for each collection. I got a LOT of platinum though, as well as jade, septarian nodules and some luminorious gem. Right now my conservative estimate on profit for three days minus the time I spent fishing just collecting insects and rocks is 15-20k simoleans, probably more when I consider the increased value of cut gems/ingots from gatherer (esp with returning extra ingots) and the fact that you can sell rocks etc at the consignment shop now.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #125 on: September 07, 2012, 12:23:21 AM »
I haven't played a witch yet so maybe its one of her/his things but how do you change people back from having frog/toad heads?  (I'm assuming they got turned into a toad by an evil witch) is there a potion? a spell perhaps? 

There is cure elixir that will cure the sim, or the afflicted sim can ask another sim for a kiss. There are probably more.

One thing that I've just noticed is that EA keeps giving more ways to increase fertility and/or increase romance. I'm probably missing something.

- French incense burners
- woohooium
- Genie wishes
- Massage tables
- Now, elixir of fertility.

What's next?

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2012, 01:08:11 AM »
Yes I just went on a three day trip to China and I was starting to get annoyed at the red assassin beetles because I want to get my 10 beetles, haha. I got a pile of those and some of the yellow dart butterflies, as well as water beetles and bamboo straight butterflies, so only two more for each collection. I got a LOT of platinum though, as well as jade, septarian nodules and some luminorious gem. Right now my conservative estimate on profit for three days minus the time I spent fishing just collecting insects and rocks is 15-20k simoleans, probably more when I consider the increased value of cut gems/ingots from gatherer (esp with returning extra ingots) and the fact that you can sell rocks etc at the consignment shop now.

Haha okay I massively underestimated that. I just got 78k *just* from metal ingots sold out of inventory and I still have my insects, books from two book shelves at base camp and the gems, if I figure out how to un-bug them so I can cut them. (see: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,12275.0.html if anyone has a suggeston!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2012, 01:31:58 AM »
Just barely installed the game, but I have a new love already.

The bug display case. Not only can you display up to 8 bugs (2 side by side, stack of 4 each), but when you open it, you can store more bugs inside, like the treasure chests from EA.

Hurray!

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2012, 02:17:43 AM »
I noticed under mean interactions, a few occult-specific options:
When talking to a Fairy, you can Imply Mother was a Glowbug
When talking to a Werewolf, you can Imply Mother was a Poodle
I haven't seen a similar option for Witches, and have not yet played a Vampire, Ghost, Zombie, or Genie

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2012, 03:55:30 AM »
Also, imply mother is a Chuba kabra to werewolves. I found that funny because there is an episode of Bones where they investigate a supposed chuba kabra attack.

Offline Emmaoc6

• Nooboo
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2012, 03:59:33 AM »
Just found out why Bonehilda is also listed in the alarms section, forgetting to install a burglar alarm, I heard the familiar music and wake up my fairy to call the police, then along comes Bonehilda proceeds to beat up the burglar who then runs away!!

Classic!

Offline Blackluck

• Nooboo
« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2012, 06:14:29 AM »
Not sure where to post this, but my game is infested with zombies. After moving from a starter house to a modest upgrade (a placed house) zombies spawn non stop. I literally have zombie parties with half a dozen or more dancing around a radio, or using the fairy castle, or trying to get into the house (one actually rang the doorbell.) Not infrequently I get the 'zombie attack' interaction which will interrupt my sim's actions.

I decided to move to a new lot, and not ten minutes later it started all over again. I don't use any mods or custom content. My sim does have the like supernatural trait. The zombies are like super annoying paparazzi on steroids. I thought they would come out only during the full moon, but now it's just non stop. I'm thinking I'm going to have to place an apartment building or make a lot that is just all house in order to avoid this.

Anyone else have something like this happen, or is my game just weird?

Offline sunnydays

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2012, 07:21:26 AM »
Not sure where to post this, but my game is infested with zombies. After moving from a starter house to a modest upgrade (a placed house) zombies spawn non stop. I literally have zombie parties with half a dozen or more dancing around a radio, or using the fairy castle, or trying to get into the house (one actually rang the doorbell.) Not infrequently I get the 'zombie attack' interaction which will interrupt my sim's actions.

I decided to move to a new lot, and not ten minutes later it started all over again. I don't use any mods or custom content. My sim does have the like supernatural trait. The zombies are like super annoying paparazzi on steroids. I thought they would come out only during the full moon, but now it's just non stop. I'm thinking I'm going to have to place an apartment building or make a lot that is just all house in order to avoid this.

Anyone else have something like this happen, or is my game just weird?

Judging by some threads on the Sims 3 website, lots of people are having this problem. I assume it's a glitch, since lots of other people - myself included - are only seeing a few zombies each full moon, and no other time. You could try using cheats to get rid of them - with testing cheats enabled, you can shift click on the mailbox and it will give you the option to remove zombies from the world. That doesn't seem to work for everyone, though.

Offline Blackluck

• Nooboo
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2012, 07:34:34 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
I did use the remove zombies choice, but it doesn't stop spawning them, rather turns them instantly back into humans. That's preferable, but the zombie spawnathon continues unabated. Oh well, maybe it'll get fixed.
That or I'll try a new game  ;)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #134 on: September 07, 2012, 08:10:03 AM »
Just barely installed the game, but I have a new love already.

The bug display case. Not only can you display up to 8 bugs (2 side by side, stack of 4 each), but when you open it, you can store more bugs inside, like the treasure chests from EA.

Hurray!

I LOVE this feature, the Alchemy cabinets keep all sorts of stuff in them as well, and you have the option to "put away gems" or "put away metals"  (Similar to the bug display "put away bug" option)  I also noticed if you display gemstones on the cabinets they sparkle... anyone else notice this?  Is it gemstones now, or just because they're on the alchemy cabinet?  Needless to say it is very awesome! Though vials of alchemy potions can not be displayed on short/long individual shelves on the wall, anyone else try this and have a problem with it, or is it just me?