Author Topic: Supernatural - First Impressions  (Read 206656 times)

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
Re: Supernatural - First Impressions
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 03:31:58 PM »
Thanks, MarianT.  I had deleted the 3 emails thinking I already had my stuff, why did I need them?  Luckily they were still in my trashcan.

The plant that shoots peas might be very handy.  I experienced my first in game full moon just before I had to go to bed this morning.  A zombie sim showed up and  just hung around outside growling.  My sim went outside and they made frightened gestures at one another.  The only interaction I think he had was to cast a good luck charm on her, which had no visable effect.  When the sun came up she just vanished like a ghost.  Not a big deal, but having to listen to the growling was a bit annoying.
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 04:16:44 PM »
The graveyard is home to death fish, death flower and ghost chili bush.   I have found mushrooms in several locations around town as well as other plants so it looks like you won't have to buy everything or have a werewolf hunt for a lot of it.  I'm really enjoying alchemy and one of the elixirs is to turn someone into a simbot!

And there is a life fruit plant at the fairy gardens!  I'm taking pictures of everywhere I come across a plant to share with everyone.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladydragon76

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 04:25:04 PM »
Anyone else unable to see their faeries' wings?  And I can confirm they have a MUCH longer life.  I didn't note the actual days, but on Normal, as a young adult, Sunstar Pixiedusk (my sons named her) had nearly 100 days until her Adult birthday.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

Leto85

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 04:25:16 PM »
I don't remember the levels of cooking they are but the list is:

Potato & Truffle Torte
Ceviche
Chili Con Carne
Vegetarian Chili
Mushroom Omelette
Hot & Sour Soup
Firecracker Tofu
Firecracker Shrimp
Aloo Masala Curry
Porcinis  Risotto.   

They're all available from the book store.

You sure that Chili Con Carne is a Supernatural related recipe? I'm pretty sure I have that recipe as well, without having this expansion.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »
I do not have that recipe, Leto, and have all of the recipes from all the expansions.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 04:46:44 PM »

Sam's Market Diner (Grocery & Diner Combo)

Mind-Body Connection Bookstore & Spa

Bloom Institute of Wellness

Everglow Academy & Coliseum

Aleister's Elixirs & Sundries - inside & out

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 06:20:52 PM »
The Elixir Store looks amazing! Ahhh hurry up download!!!

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 07:31:17 PM »
I'm playing a fairy/witch couple in my test file, and there are a few new romantic socials. "Ask to be protected" and "Offer to protect" grant both the initiator and target a 2 day moodlet: Promise to Protect. No mood effect, text reads, "Being a guardian is a promise Irvin takes very seriously." Same text for both parties (save the name, of course) regardless of who offered to protect whom. "Confess to watching you while you sleep" grants both target and initiator a 2 day moodlet: Someone to Watch Over Me. +10 mood, text reads, "Scary things just don't seem so scary for Irvin now that he has someone to watch over him." Same text for both parties, again. It is also possible to ask a supernatural to forsake their supernatural status (at least for fairies and witches). Choosing this interaction triggers an opportunity for the target sim (in the case of my witch, it's called "Forsake My Witchitude"). The objective is to go to the science lab and Forsake Witchitude. The reward is: Remove Supernatural Abilities, Remove the Conflicted Moodlet. Conflicted moodlet is a -10 for 8 hours, starting with accepting the opportunity. Text reads, "Will Lasnien give up her powers and become a Human Sim?"

I'm also enjoying playing with alchemy, and I'm working on a spreadsheet with all the elixirs and their formulas, if anyone is interested. It'll be a while, considering there are 44 elixirs to learn.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »
The furniture in this expansion is absolutely wonderful. EA's best effort in my opinion. There is one bathroom set, one kitchen set, and for living room, dining room, and bedroom, there are three themes, my best description would be that one is sort of a nature theme, furniture made of twisted wood and such, one is sort of a stylized gothic theme, black and grey and reds, purples, etc. and the third is a simpler sort of classic furniture.

I counted in total 213 new build and buy mode items.

Offline ladydragon76

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 07:51:25 PM »
Anyone else unable to see their faeries' wings?

Found the answer to this on the sims 3 forum. If you are using a Decensor other than Nraas, it may be the cause, and was in my game.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 08:20:44 PM »
Has anyone else been having trouble with the lunar cycle? Every time I come back to my game, it resets at waxing crescent, full moon in 2 days. I may have to manually set at full if I want to see zombies.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »
I'm also enjoying playing with alchemy, and I'm working on a spreadsheet with all the elixirs and their formulas, if anyone is interested. It'll be a while, considering there are 44 elixirs to learn.

I'm also playing with alchemy.  One of the other mods might be working on the article for it I don't know but whatever information you get can be posted into a thread if no one else has done it yet.  Also if you want we can compare notes and I can send you what I have tonight to see if you were missing anything that I got.   

As for faery wings not showing up - sometimes it takes a minute for mine to appear like there is a lag but they always eventually show up.

The Starlight Phoenix

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »
I've been playing around with CAS, and noted some stuff that may be interesting.

For Supernatural LTWs, the list includes:

-Alchemy Artisan: Reach level 10 in alchemy skill; use 50 alchemy elixirs - This sounds very interesting; though this can be viewed mostly for those witches/wizards, I'm not sure whether human sims can also apply for it. :-\

-Celebrity Psychic: Reach level 10 in the Fortune Teller career (Scam Artist Branch) - I think any type of sim can go for this LTW, seeing as they're mostly going to be scamming other sims for money, hehe. ;D

-Greener Gardens: Make 100 plants grow using 'Bloom'; Reach level 10 Gardening skill - I believe this is geared mostly towards fairies, as the description itself talks about 'fairies taming their gardens', and 'Bloom' is most likely a fairy ability.

-Leader of The Pack: Convert 5 Sims to Werewolves; Find 40,000 Simoleans worth of objects while hunting with pack - rather obviously, this is geared towards the werewolves.

-Magic Makeover: Grant 12 different Sims 'Inner Beauty'; Reach level 10 Charisma skill - Again, made mostly for the fairies.

-Master of Mysticism: Reach level 10 of the Fortune Teller career (Mystic Branch) - similar to the 'Celebrity Psychic' LTW, except you actually are predicting events.

-Mystic Healer: Cure 12 different transformed Sims using 'Sunlight Charm' or 'Potent Cure' Elixir - This applies to turning back any zombies and any other magically transformed creatures (well, those who were transformed twice at least). 'Sunlight Charm' is from the fairy line, while alchemy will be needed to create the 'Potent Cure' elixir.

-Turn The Town: Drink from 20 Sims; Turn 5 Sims into Vampires - again, it's obvious this is mainly for the vampires.

-Zombie Master: Turn 10 different Sims into Zombies using the 'Reanimation Ritual' or a 'Zombification' Elixir - I'm not exactly sure about what supernatural species would cause the 'Reanimation Ritual', but alchemy will most definitely be needed for a 'Zombification' Elixir.

Those are the LTWs that I found so far. Hopefully, this list will be useful to all of you! :)

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 08:50:59 PM »
Some more info, this time from Create a Sim.

Toddlers:
- No new Clothing or Hair. It is possible to give them bite marks and vamp teeth.

Children:
- Also no new clothing or hair, just the bite marks and teeth. (I was hoping for some fairy-themed clothes here. Sigh.)

Teen Females:
- 13 Hairstyles, 1 eyeshadow, 1 blush, 1 lipstick, 2 full-face makeup
- 7 tops, 4 bottoms, 1 full outfit, 2 pairs of shoes
- 1 pair of earrings, 2 necklaces, 2 bracelets, fingernails, 1 pair of gloves, bite marks, vamp teeth

Teen Males:
- 11 Hairstyles, same makeup options as teen Females
- 9 tops, 5 bottoms, 1 pair of shoes
- 1 bracelet, bite marks, vamp teeth

Young Adult / Adult Females:
- Same hair, makeup, and accessories as Teen Females
- 16 tops, 11 bottoms, 7 full outfits, 2 pairs of shoes

Young Adult / Adult Males:
- Same hair, makeup, and accessories as Teen Males
- 2 beard options and 10 new body hair options (make those werewolves extra hairy!)
- 17 tops, 9 bottoms, 1 full outfit, 1 pair of shoes

Elder Females:
- Same hair, makeup, and accessories as above
- 7 tops, 4 bottoms, 1 pair of shoes

Elder Males:
- Same hair, makeup, and accessories as above
- 7 tops, 2 bottoms, 1 full outfit, 1 pair of shoes

Werewolves:
Both the normal human form and the transformed Werewolf form can be separately customized

Fairies:
6 Wing options are available, and are recolorable

Ghosts, 12 types to choose from:
- Old Age: White
- Drowning: Blue
- Starvation: Purple
- Electrocution: Yellow with a moving electric current
- Fire: Orange
- Mummy's Curse: Brown
- Meteor: Black with orange highlights
- Watery Grave: Same blue as for drowning
- Human Statue: Pale grey, nearly transparent
- Transmuted: Bright yellow
- Jelly Bean Death: Pink, blue and aqua

All Life States are available from the toddler stage

New Traits:
Brooding
Gatherer
Night Owl
Proper
Supernatural Fan
Supernatural Skeptic

New Music Station: Dark Wave

Was also going to post new LTW's, but Starlight Phoenix beat me to it!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 09:11:32 PM »
One of my favorite things about the new EP is that most of the artwork has two phases.  One you see during the day and another at night.   Also the library has a hidden underground room in it's basment and that's where the tardis LLAMA is.

anything