Author Topic: Supernatural - First Impressions  (Read 206624 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: Supernatural - First Impressions
« Reply #240 on: September 29, 2012, 08:01:03 PM »
You can send specific elixirs, they just have to be in your inventory.

Yeah, but not specific anything else.

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #241 on: September 29, 2012, 08:54:48 PM »
Yeah, but not specific anything else.

I think that they did it that way to avoid having to program a check for what you have vs. what the receiver has. They just set it up to check for SN, as opposed to having to check every single item. i.e. Store content bought, etc.
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2012, 12:36:45 PM »
I somewhat dislike the gifting system because if you accept gifts and your game goes slightly screwy without being able to save, you lose them. Plus you can't send specific gifts.

Oh, than I have... lost... a lot already. :(
game freezes on my and I haven't saved in at least an our back than.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2012, 07:41:54 PM »
So my Hidden Springs Moore Legacy family has this thing about birthdays falling on the full moon. I don't plan it that way, but it has happened often. Well the latest birthday was scheduled for 2 pm. The party rocked, my teen aged up to young adult just fine. Everyone was still dancing when the first zombie popped.

Well Bonehilda cleaned up (never had a lot so clean so fast after a party!) but ignored the zombie. Later that night two more popped and growled. Then all of a sudden I hear singing. One of the zombies brought a karaoke machine, or he's a singing sim, and he sang the entire night! The other two zombies ignored him and just kept growling.

The family woke up early next day and came out to watch the former zombie, now singer, continue his set.

The show must go on!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2012, 07:49:13 PM »
@Susinok:

That's not really a first impression of the expansion.

Please stay on topic, everyone.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #245 on: October 01, 2012, 06:15:55 AM »
OK well my impression is that those zombies, though a pain sometimes, are hilarious. Once my garden is walled off, they don't bother my game much at all and provide a lot of entertainment value.

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »
After a hiatus from Sims I'm starting to get back into it a little bit. I skipped on Pets and Showtime. Anyways, this one seems pretty good so far. Currently I'm trying out the fairy and liking it, especially the fairy house which I'm loving. So far I've not encountered any major bugs like in past Sims products. A minor thing for me is that I wish you could hide your wings as a fairy, and that supernatural creatures were not so blatantly obvious.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2012, 11:10:14 PM »
My first impression is that I love the witches, the items in both CAS and Build/Buy, the rocking horse, the rocking chairs, the Alchemy skill, the new collectibles, the new collections journal, the animal familiar moodlet, and the elixirs. I haven't had a chance to try out the other life states yet, but I have made a fairy and she's quite pretty.

My favourite part is the teddy bears, I will admit. There's a werewolf, a vampire, an imaginary friend, a mummy, a genie, a witch, a fairy, and one or two others and I love them all. Having all those bears is the best thing to happen to toddlers for a while. It's small, but it makes raising a future supernatural fan a lot more fun.
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #248 on: October 04, 2012, 10:41:30 AM »
I have had the game long enough now to give a fair first impression.  The first thing that came to mind is Home!  It may be modeled for another area, but I live in area that I have been told is unusal.  Border of Oh, Ky and WV. that is a valley surrounded by hills.  River, hills, forested area, flat areas, mist in the trees and on the ground (in the fall and spring), that is home.  Only thing missing is the wide variety of trees for a wide range of colors in the fall. 

That setting alone is making the game fun for me.  I have been playing in one game as a human couple, another as a fairy and another as single female.  So far it has been easy to get around, don't feel trapped in with the houses so close together.  SV is nice in beach aspect, but not welcoming to me.  AP, I am close to hating the town, not only is it awful looking for me, I don't find the people there likeable. There are other factors but the bottom line is, I really, really like the setting and people in MF.

As for the unusual characters, I am still getting familiar with them, but I think it will be fun to play them.  My human female was told she was being stalked by a vampire.  I wasn't sure what was going on there, sent her home as she needed to anyhow.

First impressions, love the area, the characters are going to be fun to be and interact with and I think it will become my favorite town.

Edited for errors, hoped I didn't miss any.       

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Bleak
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Brimstone and Decay
« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2012, 11:13:47 AM »
Right, so, after playing Supernatural for quite some time now, I can safely say that this is either my favourite or second-favourite (after Late Night) expansion pack. I love the new occult life states, especially the witch/warlock, and the new Alchemy skill. It can truly help one literally become a necromancer with his own zombie army to terrorize a city. I like most new items, but there is absolutely no decent wardrobe for warlocks/witches. The warlock hat is abominable and the clothes don't really look wizardly. If they could take the outfits from Medieval, it'd be cool. And the beards. Oh god the Medieval beards in the Sims 3 would be amazing.

Other than that, it's a really cool expansion. So yea, even if you don't like un-realistic stuff, you could just disable the life-states, set the lunar phase to a single one, and enjoy pretty much everything else.

Offline Forest_Bear

• Llama Wrangler
  • Simlish Song Addict
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #250 on: October 07, 2012, 06:44:24 AM »
I love this EP! I havn't gone into depth with all of the Occults because I have been so obsessed with Fairies  :P . THe only thing I dont like about this EP is that in Moonlight Falls a lot of the community lots are combined
Hi Im new! Call me Forest or Boo.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #251 on: October 08, 2012, 02:30:43 PM »
The fairies are my favorite too! Vamps have never been too exciting for me, and the werewolves are cool for the hunting thing but other than that I got bored of them. The witches and alchemy are pretty neat, but nothing beats the fairies for me!

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #252 on: October 08, 2012, 05:21:44 PM »
I haven't had the chance to explore anything but I love the new plants and seeds. I haven't had a chance to use them for anything yet though. I wish I could say that I am enjoying it but the zombie infestation is really getting old. Especially with them coming during the day. I find them worse than roaches.

The gifting thing is pretty cool but being that I have no idea what these elixirs and things do yet I am not all that excited about it. I am currently going through the guide to get some insight.

I didn't know there was a new update. For some reason my launcher didn't inform me of an update. Is it possible that it does it on it's own?

Offline NearlyWitches

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • Geronimo.
« Reply #253 on: October 20, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »
The actual expansion is brilliant, I've had so much fun trying everything out. Bonehilda is hilarious! Although she has emptied my bookcase and my nooboos will need counselling... On the downside and I'm not sure if this is because of supernatural but it was working up until then, after a while sims 3 crashing and I get the usual not responding box. I thought I'd solved it by telling it to run it as if it were on an XP computer but still it didn't help. I love the actual expansion I just wish I didn't have to be paranoid about saving...
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »
Bonehildas seem to have odd personalities. I lock the Bonehildas out of the Nurseries, never put a bar in, and don't have a dj booth. What does she do? Go for the hopscotch. Sold that too.  ;D
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

anything