Author Topic: Supernatural - First Impressions  (Read 206266 times)

Offline juliette

• Nooboo
Re: Supernatural - First Impressions
« Reply #270 on: February 26, 2013, 06:28:25 AM »
It's my favourite! The best of all. I like Vampires :D

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2013, 10:18:13 AM »
The things that I love here are witches, new set of clothes, some facial hairs and new hair especially that bald one lol.
Several items too are quite interesting, my favorites so far are "Spectrum Mood Lamp" and "Orb of Answers" although I haven't try all the feature that Supernatural provide. I feel that I still didn't explore much about this expansion. I do play as witch, fairy and genie once, but only limited to that. I do alchemy things and that is quite interesting and hauntings painting also is kinda cool.

I do love when they reintroduced the smustle dance here and give a new feature about new population control!
The lunar cycle is kinda cool, but rather troublesome especially when it come to Sims with insane or supernatural fans trait
and ...zombies. I hate zombies when they spawn and ruin my garden...

For traits: Gatherer trait is my favorite and Proper is the second from this expansion.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #272 on: March 21, 2013, 11:59:32 PM »
I just picked up Supernatural last week and absolutely love it. The sheer amount of new content and new interactions adds so much to the richness of the game, and I love that you can turn off the various supernatural life states so you can still play a normal-ish town if you want. That plus the ability to halt the moon cycle (thus avoiding zombies!) is very convenient.

My favorite things thus far:

The new clothing. I think EA went above and beyond to create such creative and diverse outfits. Though...I do wish that the leaves on the child fairy outfit were recolorable.

Alchemy. You can vastly influence the town by tossing a few potions here and there, something which is a great advantage when playing a dynasty. Got a sim you want to hang around for a while? Turn him or her into a vampire or a fairy, then Potent Cure them later on, or just hit 'em with the fountain of youth elixir. In my test file I had my witch alchemist (Mortimer!) throw an opposite personality elixir followed by a fountain of youth elixir at Vita Alto to a very interesting effect. Vita is now younger than her daughter (temporarily--Holly is a fairy) and has the Good and Easily Impressed traits instead of Evil and Snob. The next thing I knew she and Nick were divorced and she was dating a werewolf Thornton Wolff! Talk about changing the dynamics of the town!

Gem-U-Cut Machine. A quick and easy way to get rich especially if you have a werewolf around to hunt for the good gems. Between that and the Midas Touch elixir and it's almost too easy to make money.

Fairies. The entire reason why I got the SN expansion in the first place. The interactions and animations are just adorable. The fairy tricks are just hilarious! I had Darlene Bunch torture her brother Arlo with Gold and Toads a few times--poor guy was coughing up gold for days.

Stuff I'm not all that enamored with:

Zombies. Yuck. Ew. Gross. I'm keeping the moon phase on waxing gibbous, thank you very much.

Pestilence Plague. Nice if you want to torture your sims, but the constant waking up with the coughing fits is irritating to say the least.

The Philosopher's Stone. Because the very first time I used it, THIS happened:

Thankfully Morty had a death flower (courtesy of his two fairy roommates) but still...the first time? I'm not taking that chance again. :P

All in all this is my favorite expansion yet. :)

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2013, 12:42:46 AM »
Just got Supernatural today...
My werewolf found a tiberium and used the machine to cut it  already. And elixirs are fun :D.

Also, I seem to  be having issues getting the peashooter. I downloaded it and installed it but... It hasn't shown up in game.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2013, 06:47:15 AM »
It'll be under Decor -> Plants in "Sort By Type" mode - it might help you find it if you filter for store content. If it's not there, try uninstalling and reinstalling it from the launcher.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2013, 01:00:19 PM »
Actually I'm not even sure if I get the peashooter. I purchased the regular SN pack through the sale they're having right now.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #276 on: March 23, 2013, 05:41:05 PM »
Actually I'm not even sure if I get the peashooter. I purchased the regular SN pack through the sale they're having right now.
If the box doesn't have Limited Edition up the top or have a special code in the box it can't be the limited edition which means you would have no peashooter.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2013, 05:57:23 PM »
Really?
I thought it was in the plants vs zombies thing I got...

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2013, 10:18:16 AM »
Really?
I thought it was in the plants vs zombies thing I got...

It's probably the fan pack, with t-shirts and posters.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2013, 01:48:33 PM »
Weird, it doesn't show up on the details when I click the t-shirt and poster one.

Oh well, zombies, vampires, werewolves, witches/warlocks and fairies are still fun :D. But the peashooter would have been that cherry on top :D . I decided to conduct an experiment to see how long it would take one werewolf to reach 500k in family funds. I gave her just enough funds to get the gem cutter and the basics, placing her on the famous SV legacy lot.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2013, 06:05:18 PM »
Weird, it doesn't show up on the details when I click the t-shirt and poster one.

Oh well, zombies, vampires, werewolves, witches/warlocks and fairies are still fun :D. But the peashooter would have been that cherry on top :D . I decided to conduct an experiment to see how long it would take one werewolf to reach 500k in family funds. I gave her just enough funds to get the gem cutter and the basics, placing her on the famous SV legacy lot.

pretty quick once you start finding the Tiberium.  My werewolf supports the family by "collecting" once a week.  And we have at least 6 Tiberium spires stored up (just in case of emergencies!)  Let me know how it goes, sounds like a plan *thinks she might have to try it as well!*

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2013, 11:04:46 PM »
There was one thing I did find...
That while the Tiberium dust did grow into large spires, the spire-cut Tiberium did not.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #282 on: March 27, 2013, 09:40:58 AM »
There was one thing I did find...
That while the Tiberium dust did grow into large spires, the spire-cut Tiberium did not.

I know if the Tiberium is too close to each other they don't grow.  Mostly I put them down on the four corners of the property so I know they are far away from each other.  I forgot about the Tiberium dust growing into spires, I've been using the mailbox because the gem cutter makes too much noise. 

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2013, 11:05:53 AM »
There's a gem cutter at the elixir store. Other sims there will complain about the noise but it doesn't seem to affect relationships.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2013, 10:05:02 PM »
I know if the Tiberium is too close to each other they don't grow.  Mostly I put them down on the four corners of the property so I know they are far away from each other.  I forgot about the Tiberium dust growing into spires, I've been using the mailbox because the gem cutter makes too much noise.

I did move the spire cuts away from the gem dust... still did not grow.

anything