Author Topic: Supernatural - First Impressions  (Read 207253 times)

Offline Lysita

• Townie
Re: Supernatural - First Impressions
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2012, 12:17:01 AM »
There is an alchemy potion to cure them, but if it's from the full moon, they will revert back to normal sims in the morning. You could always fence your garden and lock the gate. Just leave a bit of space between the fence and the plants, so they can't reach over or through it.

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2012, 01:43:00 AM »
I made a witch and a vampire couple and have the witch in the alchemy career. So far it seems really fun. I love the gem cutter, and the new cabinets for alchemy are really cool, they have two shelves to display gems and metals and potions and you can drag ingredients in, like plants and mushrooms and even insects and it keeps in there like a fridge or chest from WA.

It was so nice to be able to make my vampire instead of having to find an existing one and befriend it. There seem to be a lot of new objects, which is really nice. Plus all the new clothes are great, too! I just wish I didn't have to go to bed now.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 01:46:45 AM »
Okay, so this is a bit of an odd picture, but Bonehilda is seriously the best babysitter/maid I've ever had in Sims 3.

She cleans the house (without stopping for a snack), and then she goes and snuggles and feeds the nooboos! Though, I wouldn't want to think what kind of trauma that poor boy is going through right about now...

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 04:01:52 AM »
Does anyone know how to join the fortune teller career?  I only played for about an hour last night, but I looked and couldn't find it.
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2012, 04:09:06 AM »
I don't have it yet, UK doesn't get it until the 7th, but from what I've seen on here about it, the live chats, the blogs, it is really looking awesome and I can't wait to try it out.
Yep, can't wait to try it out, but will have to be patient until Friday.  Hoping they may release it for download via origin earlier, as I per-ordered the digital download, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2012, 04:27:14 AM »
I had to stop playing to make dinner, so might as well add to the thread -

I'm playing a fairy with the traits angler, loves the outdoors, green thumb, natural cook and gatherer (one of the new ones), with the Greener Gardens lifetime wish. I have an outdoors lot with a pond and a ton of trees as well as a shack containing the bathroom and a gazebo-like thing with a kitchen inside. There are two fairy houses, a bungalow for 425 or 450 and a castle for 625. They have exactly the same stats (three stress relief, three environment and four hunger I think from memory) so I went for the bungalow because it's cheaper and, imo, pretty cute. There are also fairy houses out in the "wild" - so far I've seen one at the arboretum and one at the point down the track past the cemetary. As well as counting as a bed, you can change your clothes, drink pollen punch to relieve hunger (though not the whole bar) and throw a house party. I didn't get asked to invite any Sims when I tried that, but if you have more than one fairy they can probably all hang out at it because the house is a group activity. Basically, if you don't mind drinking pollen more than once to refill hunger, you can live out of a fairy house except for bladder and hygiene bars. The pollen also gives you a moodlet of +10 or +20 that lasts 2 hours.

Fairies can also play pranks on people, so far I have the option for chattering teeth and hot head - my girl autonomously cast chattering teeth on the first ghost she saw, there were a few ghosts hanging around the community lot just across from city hall. With other fairies they get options like fairy frolic where you both turn into your true fairy form (a little ball of light the same colour as your wings, the same thing you do when you go into the fairy house) and fly around together, improving social and fun. With any other sim you can talk about flowers and brag about playing pranks, too, and I think there was something like playful prattle?

The alchemy bench is 850s, which I couldn't afford because I spent all my money on a lot too big for me and plants to fill it, but you can research and mix on the bench at the elixir consignment store. So far I've learned two recipes - can't recall the name of the first one but it prevents you from getting "lonely or bored" and you can make it with any food item. The other is Ad Nauseum, which from the description seems to just make you nauseous, and the ingredient is any insect. (Speaking of, there are a bunch of insect spawns at the elixir consignment store. I've got several butterflies and ladybugs there.) The challenges are to make 250 elixirs so that you can make three at a time, learn all recipes so that you don't always use up the ingredients, and to throw potions at 50 sims to make them less annoyed when you throw harmful ones and even like you for throwing beneficial ones.

I need to get around to getting my peashooters etc though since I've already had a zombie come through my yard (which is, of course, my entire house). I had to use moveobjects on to move it out of the way and fence off my garden before it ate everything, but I needed to do that anyway since I have Pets installed and there's a couple of horses that run around everywhere.

As for gatherer and greener gardens - so far I have not yet failed to catch any insects, so gatherer seems to be helping out there. As well as making that easier, gem cuts and metal smelts are more valuable and you harvest better plants. For greener gardens, I don't yet seem to have the ability to make plants bloom. I'm not sure yet if I need higher gardening (I'm up to 6) or practice my fairy magic to learn more spells, but I'll experiment further unless someone else has found out already.

I'll get some screenshots later tonight when I'm back on my desktop.

Offline SabrinaFaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2012, 07:01:44 AM »
I played for a bit last night. I think I spent more time in CAS than playing though. I created two sisters, a witch and a fairy. I was a little worried that the fairy wings would slow the PC down but they haven't so far. I love that the witch flies around town on a broom. The fairy will fly to the curb but then get in a cab (or car, I assume). I noticed there was an old timey car in buy mode. I made my witch be a cat person and she's in the education career because it reminded me of that cartoon, Miss Switch. :)

Does anyone know how to join the fortune teller career?  I only played for about an hour last night, but I looked and couldn't find it.
I clicked on the Gypsy Wagon and had the option of joining the career, so I would assume that would be how, not sure if there's anything else to it.
Sabrina

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2012, 07:32:34 AM »
I'm enjoying it so far.  My first Sim is an evil witch, Bettina Enyerlildogtoo.  I found a few seeds, started learning alchemy, and searched for fairies at the Arboretum (a sort of choose-your-own-adventure thing).

I'll do more tonight in-game, since I spent most of last night playing in CAS with Bettina's face and checking out all the new goodies.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2012, 07:59:08 AM »
I started with a witch also. What surprised me was this EP seems to have added a little more autonomous  ability to my Sim. If I'm not paying attention to her she'll practice magic, chat with her magic mirror or find things to do.

One thing that is really great is that she doesn't have this constant urge to play in the garden sprinklers!

Since I was looking at the town and playing in CAS I didn't get a lot of play time in last night. My lot spawned one fairy/zombie and when she couldn't get to my Sim, who was in the house, she climbed into a cab and took off. I thought that was too funny.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2012, 08:07:15 AM »
I played a CAS made witch. I gave her green thumb and gatherer. She planted her garden with seeds found about town and countryside. While the unknown seeds were still "unknown"  she accomplished Master Planter.
A glitch it seems. She did not have 19 plants total.
 :(

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2012, 08:18:38 AM »
I really dislike the clothing in a CAS. Just imagine someone wearing a torn shirt, fairy pants, and flippers!

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2012, 08:23:56 AM »
I really like the addition of the torn up clothing. It will be awesome when customizing a werewolf in their transformed state.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2012, 08:54:29 AM »
I played a fairy and ghost last night and I like both of them so far.  The fairy LTW is the "make 12 people find their inner beauty"  And I still haven't figured it out yet, I also have to max Charisma so maybe I have to do that first before getting some option for inner beauty.  The ghost LTW is the Alchemy "make and use 50 potions" and its going well, finding the ingredients seems to be a bit of a challenge with some of the new ones, I need the collection helper to show "harvestable plants" to help me with finding mushrooms etc!  ha!

Love the new furniture, and clothes... seems to have a Victorian theme to a lot of it - LOVE it!  The new hair styles are great as well!  The new skin tones are great (I have a orange fairy!).  Someone mentioned not enough people in town, I don't mind that at all, there is so much new stuff to learn (with each new occult) that I don't need extra people to worry about. 

Fun stuff I've noticed - the ghosts can teleport with no cheats or rewards, makes collecting so much easier!  The new at home gem cutter - awesome.  Also awesome are the pots you can grow plants in at home (perfect for Bridgeport - grow your own Condo Garden!).  Werewolf toddlers (at least I saw one at the library do this) will scratch the furniture like the cats/dogs do in Pets! I guess you have to keep the werewolf pups entertained or the kill your furniture!!  The fairy homes (as people have mentioned) are awesome, minus bladder and hygiene they deal with everything else.  My fairy threw her own party and ended up with a +50 moodlet for 'a great party'.  The alchemy display cabinets are great, show off the bottles AND store everything else you need (like the boxes from World Adventures).  Super!

Liking this a lot, so far no complaints.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2012, 09:25:29 AM »
What are the new lot types? And new rabbitholes? I saw a few pictures, but is that all of them? I'm patiently waiting to get paid so I can go and buy it!

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2012, 09:27:13 AM »
Thankfully a Fairy Baby only takes 3 days to age up to a toddler, I was pretty worried that it was going to be 15 days...

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.