Author Topic: Supernatural Offspring  (Read 66569 times)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
Re: Supernatural Offspring
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 12:20:31 PM »
For a quick test, make a toddler witch in CAS and see if the toddler gets a colored ring.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
Yes toddlers made from CAS show up as witches so they have the slightly golden ring to them.  This means it could be one of your mods doing it.  Remove your mods and have them make another baby.  I suspect the pregnancy shortener but you never know.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Amber Vain

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 03:56:32 PM »
It's still doing it without mods. Oh well, I guess I'm just going to have to go into Create-a-Sim and manually make them supernaturals. Just my luck.

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 05:14:17 AM »
I turned my human simself into a fairy and she had a child (with a human). While this child (a boy and her second, she had a daughter when she was human) doesn't have a color around him in the relationships tab, I suspect he is a Fairy for two reasons - there's a red sparkle around him, like that which follows a grown fairy's wings; and at the full moon he gets the "Energised by Moonlight" or whatever it's called moodlet. I have no idea what would indicate a witch - I may have to use an elixir and see.

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 08:28:34 AM »
My witch had girl twins with a townie fairy and had one of each.

To tell if a toddler is a witch, when playing with toys, they may may toys disappear and reappear and if your sim has a cat, she will have a moodlet for Animal Familiars.

To tell is toddler is a fairy, they will likely have wings if you zoom in and moodlets energized by moonlight or straved of moonlight if new moon.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 10:06:38 AM »
I am having the same thing happen.  I can't seem to get any supernatural offspring with the parents.  I hate doing it, but I put the toddlers in CAS and change from human to fairy.  Also, watermelon and apples don't work for me on producing the genders. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline CountessCrazy

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 07:59:20 PM »
If you have twallan's story progression you have to up the occult settings, as explained here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/message/view/Chatterbox/57463030

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 10:50:22 PM »
My witch had girl twins with a townie fairy and had one of each.

To tell if a toddler is a witch, when playing with toys, they may may toys disappear and reappear and if your sim has a cat, she will have a moodlet for Animal Familiars.

To tell is toddler is a fairy, they will likely have wings if you zoom in and moodlets energized by moonlight or straved of moonlight if new moon.

Easier method: Look in the relationship panel. Witches have a gold/yellow outline around their photo, and fairies have a green one. :)

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 06:38:10 AM »
My witch/human couple had one of each baby. First daughter was human, second daughter was a witch. I don't have mods installed and this happened through normal Sim events.

Offline Hellmark

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 10:34:49 PM »
Anyone have a problem of the kids all being the same thing? Have a werewolf and a fairy couple, and so far they've had 5 kids, all werewolves. Not a single fairy. Trying to do a dynasty, but not having any luck need something besides a werewolf to go to the next generation

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 04:21:25 AM »
Anyone have a problem of the kids all being the same thing? Have a werewolf and a fairy couple, and so far they've had 5 kids, all werewolves. Not a single fairy. Trying to do a dynasty, but not having any luck need something besides a werewolf to go to the next generation
I have a fairy sim married to a werewolf. The couple had a fairy girl and boywolf. As for all werewolf kids, could it be any connection with try for baby under fullmoon?

Easier method: Look in the relationship panel. Witches have a gold/yellow outline around their photo, and fairies have a green one. :)
Yup. agree. Certainly is the best way to be sure. Since only the fairy baby that is clearly have wings after being toddler. The other toddler just looks almost the same. While all babies are cocoon with different colour according to their gender and totally all the same.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 10:50:48 PM »
Right now, I am getting a mixture of all supernatural, which is kind of neat.  My sims and townies are getting together and my couple has a werewolf, fairy and a witch grandchildren and the parents were mixed.  It is a hoot seeing all of the different supernaturals and so many in their friendship panel now.  My couple had five kids and I had them move into different houses, so to see them getting together with other sims is quite entertaining, but hard to keep up with, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 02:48:57 AM »
I imagine that if you breed a witch and a fairy, each parent will have a 50% chance of passing on their occult gene to the baby.
I think that would work out to 25% chance of a witch, 25% change of a fairy, 50% chance of a human? No sure how it works in the game code though. I'm sure someone else will be able to find the info in the code.

That sounds like a challenge, my good lady!

Edit: And too good a challenge it was. :( I couldn't find anything. I did find that EA added a lot of tuning for alien genetics though.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 11:25:15 PM »
That sounds like a challenge, my good lady!

Edit: And too good a challenge it was. :( I couldn't find anything. I did find that EA added a lot of tuning for alien genetics though.

That was totally speculative, it turns out that when breeding a witch and a fairy (or vamp/genie/werewolf), kids will be 50-50 either witch or fairy. No humans.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Wiker12

• Insane Sims addict
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes, I'm Insane. Get over it.
    • World of Tribes
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 11:31:49 PM »
I 'crossed' a fairy and a werewolf, and their fairy daughter was then 'crossed' with a male witch and they had three kids, a fairy, a witch and a werewolf! Their werewolf daughter had kids with a ghost and they had a ghost and fairy child. No mods. Is that normal?
Expansion packs I own:World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons.

Stuff Packs I own: Outdoor Living, Town Life, High End Loft

anything