Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 243460 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« Reply #720 on: April 09, 2014, 05:44:36 PM »
I noticed my sims getting the benefits of the charisma challenges before learning the skill too, most notably the Celebrity challenge. I thought that everybody got a relationship boost with them because they were rich. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #721 on: April 10, 2014, 04:27:29 PM »
No, I think it's hidden charisma, not riches.  It's hard to be sure from this distance but I'm pretty sure Burl was wildly popular while still relatively poor.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #722 on: April 19, 2014, 08:03:49 PM »
Keep photography open for everyone and use your (bugged!) MultiTab 6000, if you have it, to skill up to level 10. In my ID, the second generation sibling reached level 10 before becoming a teen and before owning a camera. It's not all that hard to max anyway, just hard to supermax. Keep gardening and charisma open for everyone as well, because everyone can help with the garden and make a ton of money.

I would actually do sculpting first, even though in my immortal dynasty I saved it till a later generation. Have you tried to do ice personality for three generations in a row? I did on a test run, and it ain't pretty. It's doable, but it ain't pretty. I'd do Cooking second. Painting third. Social Networking is a good choice for fourth, because of relationship transmogrify. The selling of five blogs is hard, so get started on your blogs right away and when you get an offer, take it!

Fifth skill could be alchemy or maybe even logic if you have generations (and ONLY if you have generations! If not, choose alchemy). Sixth could be handiness or inventing. Spares should do handiness until this generation, unless your sixth generation is doing inventing. Seventh can be fishing, as I have discovered after trying to have my second generation heir do fishing. Catching death fish only requires level five fishing skill. I have caught relatively good quality death fish at this stage. Eighth- whatever you want. Some good options are Mixology, Athletics if you have a body sculptor, Nectar Making, Science, Street Art, Martial Arts... Anything!

Are your old elders getting useless? They can clean house, take care of the garden and toddlers, make money, start a band (Carina and the Dreamweavers, anyone?), learn skills that you KNOW aren't going to be in this dynasty (be sure!), collect, consign, run errands, cook family meals, and do everything for the almost-immortals short of super maxing the skill. Make the heirs' lives super cushy with no work to do other than dynasty requirements.

Offline MissWulfy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #723 on: April 21, 2014, 02:54:12 PM »
Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but if you have Seasons your Sim can get sick (germy). I canceled the 'go to school' action for my teen because I wanted her to pose for her portrait first. I got a notification from the school saying they were grateful I kept my sick child at home! She got a day off of school without her school performance meter dropping any! She's my painter/sculptor heir, so I had her sculpting away  :). Don't know, but maybe it even works with an YA/Adult Sim who works in a rabbit hole (?). 
I'm on fire, I'm a fighter. I'll forever be the last one standing.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #724 on: April 21, 2014, 06:11:34 PM »
Oh, I've always wondered if I could keep sims home when they were germy. Thanks for  the tip!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #725 on: May 07, 2014, 06:12:23 PM »
I might make a more comprehensive post about museum value and squeezing the most out of it, but I'll just share my biggest blunder instead.

Have an immortal learn and get very good at photography as soon as possible, and utilize their talent as soon as they're good. I thought that I could stretch out my museum value by having mortals take pictures for as long as possible, but I instead ended up with two of my mortal photographers encountering a bug where their photos wouldn't appreciate at all (we're talking "not even death bonuses"), and even one of my later mortal photographers who didn't have the bug didn't take photos anywhere close to as valuable as those generation two could, even after factoring in her death bonus.

If you're gonna have a lot of mortal photographers, please make sure that they complete the Photog skill challenge. It's easy (75 unique subjects is easier than it sounds), and of course, you get a value boost. Not having my mortal photographers complete that challenge was my other big photography mistake. Generation two did, and his photos are wildly valuable as a result.

I'm very, very close to completing my dynasty, so expect a deluge of hints and tips from me in the near future. :P

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #726 on: May 18, 2014, 01:06:32 PM »
I just found a thread that has some useful money-making tips. http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11374.0.html

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #727 on: May 22, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
If you have Supernatural, add a witch to the immortal line early. That way, you have access to the townie ghost population (those who were dead before the game started). Brought back to life, they can be spouses or pollinators late in the game when the original town has all but died off. Just remember to use a love spell on the reawakened zombie before you cure them, otherwise they'll run off and you might never see them again.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #728 on: May 22, 2014, 09:13:11 PM »
What about the Philosopher's Stone and/or (if you have Showtime) Genie Resurrection?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #729 on: May 22, 2014, 09:28:29 PM »
Basically every way of resurrecting ghosts is allowed. Even the Oh My Ghost op was allowed back last May, after a lot of testing revealed that the mechanics involved with it were really no different from binding a ghost to your household with the Philosopher's Stone.

The only restriction is that it has to be a ghost that was dead before you started the game, but that's pretty widely understood.

Offline AnnaSimmery1234

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #730 on: June 09, 2014, 12:15:30 AM »
Not sure if anyone said this, but here's an easy way to make friends. If you have University Life there's options to show videos. (Internet Cat, Gross, and Funny videos.) I've learned that just showing each video twice can get you to friend. And that's how I make friends at the very beginning to move in, and right before Ambrosia time!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #731 on: June 09, 2014, 03:48:48 PM »
Not sure if anyone said this, but here's an easy way to make friends. If you have University Life there's options to show videos. (Internet Cat, Gross, and Funny videos.) I've learned that just showing each video twice can get you to friend. And that's how I make friends at the very beginning to move in, and right before Ambrosia time!
I guess that works well unless you're unlucky enough to pick a sim with no sense of humour!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline joker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #732 on: June 09, 2014, 08:03:50 PM »
Not sure if anyone said this. If you have lord Vladimir's magic cauldron (a store item ). then your Sim can make a Speed reading potion by placing  the following items (black fish, gold metal .& diamond gem).
When my Sim drank the potion , he could read 67 books in a few minutes ( i put them in his inventory) .it so good for writers 8). there are also lots of interesting potions.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #733 on: June 09, 2014, 08:13:47 PM »
Oh yes, that's an awesome potion!

Unfortunately, you don't insta-read recipes or sheet-music, though.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #734 on: July 02, 2014, 01:58:29 AM »
Rebels can protest against unskilled sims and no lifetime happiness to get more of both. Credit to EtnaFan666

anything