Author Topic: Creating food with Honey  (Read 17173 times)

Offline SBNao1

• Nooboo
Creating food with Honey
« on: September 10, 2012, 06:51:28 PM »
So has anyone figured out how to do this one yet? I can drink my honey or use it in elixirs and that's about it.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: Creating food with Honey
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 07:06:41 PM »
Firecracker Shrimp and Firecracker Tofu both use honey in their recipes (I believe the other ingredient is the ghost chili, but don't quote me on that).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 07:12:30 PM »
You can also sweeten desserts with honey-- click on the plate after you've cooked it and a "Sweeten It Up!" option will appear (if you have honey in your inventory).

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 07:49:45 PM »
If you sweeten it up it won't satisfy the wish, though.  It seems like making stu surprise using honey as an ingredient should also work and satisfy the wish, but I haven't tried it.

Offline SBNao1

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 08:55:54 PM »
Is there anyway to specifically make the Sim use honey with Stu Surprise, though? I thought they just randomly picked ingredients that were available to use.  Seems like you'd almost have to empty the fridge and your inventory except the specific stuff you wanted to use to force them to use the honey.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 09:03:45 PM »
If your Sim has items in their inventory when cooking something, they will use them.  Just make sure your Sim doesn't have ingredients you don't want to use in your inventory (put the rest in the fridge).

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 09:22:27 PM »
There is a wish to 'sweeten a dessert with honey', my bee-keeping witch had it come up once but I cancelled it because she needs the honey for her alchemy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 10:14:59 PM »
Oh, I've never seen that one.  I've had cook a meal using honey or something like that come up many times, though.  Sweetening a dessert with honey did not satisfy this wish.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 04:35:05 AM »
There is a wish to 'sweeten a dessert with honey', my bee-keeping witch had it come up once but I cancelled it because she needs the honey for her alchemy.

lol I cancelled it because my fairy family doesn't eat person food. The only thing they've had apart from pollen punch is birthday cake.

Offline SBNao1

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 09:35:07 AM »
If your Sim has items in their inventory when cooking something, they will use them.  Just make sure your Sim doesn't have ingredients you don't want to use in your inventory (put the rest in the fridge).

So Sims pull ingredients from their inventory before pulling food from the fridge?

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 03:11:22 PM »
So Sims pull ingredients from their inventory before pulling food from the fridge?

I'd think it would be the other way around. I might test this after work.