Author Topic: Alchemy  (Read 36770 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: Alchemy
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2012, 05:53:24 PM »
There seems to be some sims that you can't throw potions at, or at least some potions. My prospective spouse in one game became a stylist and I couldn't throw anything at him! (I wanted to throw a friendship potion).

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2012, 06:02:10 PM »
There seems to be some sims that you can't throw potions at, or at least some potions. My prospective spouse in one game became a stylist and I couldn't throw anything at him! (I wanted to throw a friendship potion).

I've noticed that I can't throw anything at any of the people who work at registers either. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2012, 06:21:26 PM »
I've noticed the same.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2012, 02:10:20 AM »
I'm actually having problems throwing elixirs at anyone who isn't on my home lot. It's making the Alchemist Anonymous challenge...well, challenging.

Also, does anyone else ever run into a situation where you just lose the option to throw elixirs, period?

I wanted to throw a Potent Cure at a zombie in my yard, but I didn't have the option for him (instead, I just used Fire Blast and Ice Blast spells until I was bored). He didn't show up in my target list (and then the target list vanished, as did the option).

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2012, 05:46:13 AM »
I haven't that so far but in Egypt when my sim meet a zombie instead of throwing the elixer, which I told her to do, she pulled out the moodlet thing (can't remember right what it is called) and cured him that way.  He was quite happy to be cured. 

I had wanted to try out the elixer, so it was a bummer for me.  Plus I needed the usage for the LTW. 

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2012, 11:27:33 PM »
So doing a resetsim on the alchemist didn't work. I did drag one to another housemate to see if it affected everyone - nope. However, I think it might have been tied to the magic vacuum, 'cause as soon as I removed that, it worked again.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2012, 06:12:59 PM »
I wonder if procreation elixir works on Townies to get them pregnant? I'll have to sling some of them around and see.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »
They would still have to actually try for baby and then the elixir would allow them to have multiples.

Offline Noocherenee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2013, 01:10:17 PM »
Has anyone used the clone drone potion.  I was wondering if you can control the cloned sim or does the sim do everything your other sim does?  I know the clone isn't added to household but when I used it at the elixir shop the clone didn't come home with me.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2013, 04:39:23 PM »
All the Clone Drone seems to do is create a almost perfect copy of your Sim to live in the neighborhood.   I cloned my main Sim Artie three times and all of them had one trait that was different and none of them did what he did.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2013, 03:18:06 PM »
By the way, bringing a few Vials of Potent Bliss and Potent Invigorating Elixir when you go tomb raiding can be really helpful, along with moodlet manager (which I use to "cure" stinking sims in Academy after sparring)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2013, 03:31:33 PM »
By the way, bringing a few Vials of Potent Bliss and Potent Invigorating Elixir when you go tomb raiding can be really helpful, along with moodlet manager (which I use to "cure" stinking sims in Academy after sparring)

I never thought about that!  thanks for the suggestion!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2013, 05:51:16 PM »
The Potent Zombification Recipe Book just isn't showing up for me in the Elixir store, is it really rare or something? Any way to increase my chances of getting it? Sick of buying out the store and having it still not show up.  >:(

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2013, 05:58:05 PM »
The Potent Zombification Recipe Book just isn't showing up for me in the Elixir store, is it really rare or something? Any way to increase my chances of getting it? Sick of buying out the store and having it still not show up.  >:(

I think it is one of the rare ones.  With all the money you've spent, why haven't you gone to the bookstore and bought it?

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »
Quote from: Rainbow Dash on Today at 05:51:16 PM

The Potent Zombification Recipe Book just isn't showing up for me in the Elixir store, is it really rare or something? Any way to increase my chances of getting it? Sick of buying out the store and having it still not show up. 

I think it is one of the rare ones.  With all the money you've spent, why haven't you gone to the bookstore and bought it?

Oh I didn't even think of trying the bookstore! Thanks Rica!  :D

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
Alchemy
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2014, 12:21:30 AM »
Can anyone tell me where to find a tanzanite stone in moonlight falls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Cruising the Danube, Amsterdam=>Budapest Dec 2018
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2014, 12:38:40 AM »
Can anyone tell me where to find a tanzanite stone?

According to Carl's Guide to Gems they are in your home town. There are a few ways you can go about getting one.

1) If you have the collection helper lifetime reward, that can be set to show you all the gems, and then you go to each location and check them out.

2) Consignment Store/Elixir Consignment store can sell them.

3) A dog or werewolf can find them.

4) A witch can do a conversion ritual on a collectible and you may get a tanzanite from them

5) Martial artists when using the board breaker and space rocks, may be able to shatter a spacerock board into a gem which could be tanzanite.

6) You might find one in catacombs beneath the mausoleums or as treasure in adventures.

7) Miner might dig one up for you.

There are probably other ways that may work. Precise locations of them depend on what town you are using.

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2014, 11:29:59 AM »

According to Carl's Guide to Gems they are in your home town. There are a few ways you can go about getting one.

1) If you have the collection helper lifetime reward, that can be set to show you all the gems, and then you go to each location and check them out.

2) Consignment Store/Elixir Consignment store can sell them.

3) A dog or werewolf can find them.

4) A witch can do a conversion ritual on a collectible and you may get a tanzanite from them

5) Martial artists when using the board breaker and space rocks, may be able to shatter a spacerock board into a gem which could be tanzanite.

6) You might find one in catacombs beneath the mausoleums or as treasure in adventures.

7) Miner might dig one up for you.

There are probably other ways that may work. Precise locations of them depend on what town you are using.

Sorry, edited my first post to show I'm looking in moonlight falls. Thanks for the info!

anything