Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233627 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 9 - Old and New"
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 07:50:16 PM »
Chapter 9 – Old and New

Really, Alicia? Another mood swing? Weren’t the first two bad enough? Do Evil Sims get them more frequently or something?

Rather than breaking the laws of the city, this time Alicia breaks the laws of space and physics. Or possibly just the door. Ouch.

“I’m an abomination of nature! Hooray!”

For some reason Alicia’s school didn’t throw a dance (or maybe they just had one and didn’t tell her), so instead she wears her formal dress to her Young Adult birthday party.

As usual, all the family’s old friends come along. All of them.

Basil? I thought you were dead!”
“Heh heh, I’ve still got life in me yet sweetheart!”
“But what about all those phone calls saying you were at death’s door and we should pay a visit soon?”
“It never hurts to try.”

Sadly, Diana can’t make it to the party because she’s busy completing her Lifetime Wish. About time! Anyway, back to Alicia.

Before long, Alicia is drawn to the flames atop her cake.

She gains Animal Lover as her fifth and final trait. I think we’ll get her a nice white cat to stroke.

“It’s time to meet your doom, birthday cake. Your demise shall be swift and messy!”

Immediately after her birthday party, Alicia takes an entry-level job at the East Tradewinds Shipping Corporation. (Creepy lighting added for effect.)

At her graduation, she gets voted “Most Likely to Take Over the World”, and is also asked to be the class valedictorian. Now there’s a graduation speech I’d like to see.

Argh! Why do I keep forgetting birthdays? Diana ages up in exactly the same spot as her husband.

She doesn’t seem very happy about it.

Her parents’ advancing age gets Sarah thinking about mortality, which pushes her to ask Sebastian out on what is hopefully their final date. This time, they go to the park.

“Sebastian, isn’t it beautiful here? I love how lush and green it is.”
“It’s nowhere near as beautiful as you, Sarah.”
 “Seb!” *giggle*

“Sebastian, I love you. I’ve loved you from the very first time I met you, and the more I think about it the more I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So what I want to know is, will you-“

“Whoops, I’m late for work! See you another time, Sarah!”

AAARGH SEBASTIAN! You are a terrible date!

Sarah isn’t one to give up easily, so that night she makes calls to the Striker house until Sebastian is free to meet her.

“What were you saying earlier, Sarah?”
“Just asking if you wanted to get married, no biggie. If you want you can run away again instead of giving me an answer.”

“Of course I’ll marry you, Sarah! I love you!”
“Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! Do you want to have the wedding this weekend?”
“Whatever you say, Sarah!”
“That’s the spirit! You’re gonna be such a good husband! Yay!”

“Congratulations, kids. Now move over so I can put this twenty-year-old cake in the rubbish bin.”

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2012, 07:57:29 PM »
Happy Birthday to Alicia and Diana! I remember thinking about doing a DecaDynasty with Johnny and Diana but their house was too small. That's the only problem with Bridgeport.

When I saw the hair you gave Alicia I immediately thought, she's going to be a magician or acrobat.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 08:16:50 PM »
When I saw the hair you gave Alicia I immediately thought, she's going to be a magician or acrobat.

I was worried about that. I really liked the idea of the hairstyle (Alicia's traditional pigtails and tiny little top hat, what's not to love?), but yeah, it's rather circus-y. Still, I bought it specifically for Alicia, and I'm sure she won't be the first Emperor of Evil who happens to look like a clown.  :P

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 10 - Beginnings"
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2012, 10:34:35 PM »
Chapter 10 - Beginnings

Sarah deals with her emotions about the wedding by painting pictures. Since she deals with everything by painting pictures, it’s hard to tell exactly how she feels. She has a lot to think about – she proposed on Thursday, booked the wedding for Sunday, and decided to squeeze in a bachelorette party on Friday.

“Alicia, to be honest I don’t know a lot about the hotspots in this city. Do you think you could help me out with my bachelorette party?”

“Oh, Sarah. You will not regret asking that question.”
“I think I’m already starting to.”

“To make up for that excessively civil exchange, NOW I’M GOING TO ATTACK YOU FOR NO REASON!”

Alicia, you were doing so well! I didn’t know Sims could even do that autonomously.

To her credit, Alicia throws an excellent bachelorette party. Chaos is what she does best, after all.

The next night, Sarah prepares for her wedding.

“Alicia, I want to ask you something. Tomorrow is going to be one of the most important days of my life, so do you think you could wear something pretty? Something appropriate for a wedding?”
“Have I given you a reason to think I wouldn’t?”
“Oh, no no no, of course not! This is just a friendly reminder. Thanks heaps, Alicia!”
“Hmmm.”

The Joneses rent out the Boggard Overlook for the ceremony and reception, and hire a decorator (*cough*) to turn it into the perfect venue for a wedding.

The groom arrives, looking very dapper thanks to the magic of Edit in CAS, and the wedding is underway!

Alicia! How could that outfit possibly be appropriate?”
“I simply considered what I would want you to wear to my wedding. You aren’t insulting my taste, are you?”
“…No, Alicia. I would never insult you.”
“Splendid. HAHAHAHAHA!”

Uh oh, it appears we have some routing issues. Thank heavens for Edit in Buy Mode!

I deleted a lot of the décor before I realised the problem was Sarah. Cold feet, perhaps? A quick teleport fixes that. Oh dear, this marriage hasn’t even started yet and already it’s full of cheating! (Ha ha ha.)

The bride then proceeds to block all the seating by playing guitar in the middle of the aisle. Sarah Diana Jones, you are getting married today whether you like it or not!

And so, with the city of Bridgeport as a backdrop (and with Johnny’s scalp in the foreground), Sarah and Sebastian say their vows and exchange rings.

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Jones!

Diana and Johnny couldn’t be prouder of their eldest daughter.

Their youngest is still causing issues, but Sarah decides it’s best to hold her tongue.

The rest of the night is filled with dancing…

…and photos…

…and karaoke. Everyone has a wonderful time and the party is deemed to be “epic”.

At the end of the night, the guests head back to their homes and the happy couple drives out to a lodge to spend their wedding night in the mountains together.

The next few days are a flurry of activity as the family prepares to leave Bridgeport. Sarah makes sure to pack some landscapes she’s painted of the city.

It’s time to say goodbye to One Leo Center and the people of Bridgeport. The Joneses are off to the suburbs!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 10 - Beginnings"
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2012, 10:37:59 PM »
Wonderful! Good luck with the move!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2012, 12:34:30 AM »
Congratulations on the marriage! I can't believe there was so much cheating before they were married. Can't wait to see where the Jones' are heading.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2012, 12:43:56 AM »
Another town jump story and your writing is fantastic! 

Love the town jump idea, trying one of my own but I'm having errors and bounces all over the place.. haha... I'll just live my hopes for a town jump story through yours and judewright stories!

:D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2012, 02:58:13 AM »
Wonderful wedding! Congratulations, Sarah and Sebastian! Can't wait to find out where they're headed!  :D

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2012, 06:59:47 AM »
I just got caught up with the last few chapters, and they are absolutely wonderful.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 11 - Starlight? Sure!"
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2012, 12:06:39 AM »
Chapter 11 – Starlight? Sure!

Starlight Shores – a city of art, colour, and community. It’s just perfect for Sarah and Sebastian. I couldn’t have picked it better myself.

The Joneses wanted to buy the nicest place possible, so before they left they each picked up the Inheritance Lifetime Reward. Now, this may just be me, but I find that particular reward incredibly suspicious. What exactly are you paying for? Do you get fraudulently worked into someone’s will at the expense of their own loving family? Is a hit man dispatched to track down and murder your relatives? Do they give you a wad of marked bills from a gnome-smuggling ring and just say it’s from an inheritance? In fact, who exactly is in charge of distributing the Lifetime Rewards? Maybe it’s what Sims in the Criminal career do for a living.

The (suspiciously acquired) funds buy a lovely new home for the family called “House to the Future”. It’s one of the pre-made homes in Starlight Shores that I’ve edited slightly to make it more playable (meaning I ruined the lovely high ceilings to squeeze in more bedrooms). There’s a swimming pool, a gym for Alicia, a rooftop deck for events, and two extra bedrooms for new additions to the family.

Since it’s Sunday and work doesn’t start until tomorrow, the Joneses spend the morning settling into their new house and then head out to Mick’s Master Karaoke at night.

They seem to be having fun, but trust me when I say you’re lucky you can’t hear them singing.

Also, Alicia performs a disturbing manoeuvre that I can only assume is an attempt to rip her sister’s heart out of her chest.

“HAHAHAHAHA! Does that pain you, sister?”
“Well, I’m not getting a negative moodlet from it, so I guess not.”
“…Rats.”

The next day, Alicia and her parents head off to work, and it turns out this is Alicia’s new work uniform. It doesn’t look very criminal-y to me. I guess she could tie you to the train tracks with the sash, or use the hat like one of those ninja throwing stars?

While we’re on the subject of work outfits, this is Sebastian's. It’s a helmet. Safety comes first when you’re a professional Photographer.

Johnny and Diana haven’t retired yet because they’ve got to that stage where keeping a job afloat isn’t that much work. I mostly just let them do whatever they want, which a lot of the time is flirting with each other.

Since both Sarah and Sebastian work from home, a lot of the time they have the house to themselves.

One thing leads to another, and soon Sarah finds herself expecting her first child. She and Sebastian couldn’t be happier.

Speaking of Sebastian, his traits are Brave, Slob, Loves the Outdoors, Photographer’s Eye and Natural Born Performer. He likes Latin music, Grilled Salmon and Lime Green. His Lifetime Wish is World-Class Gallery, but I think I’ll change it because I don’t want to do any travelling.

As a compromise, I bought him a camera from buydebug. It turns out that he loves Photography but isn’t very good at it. He still gets the photo-bombing gnomes at Level 5.

Alicia! I leave you alone for thirty minutes and you’re already beating up a townie?
“How DARE you insult my gown and fancy hat?”

Meanwhile, Sarah has an easy pregnancy with lots of rest and backrubs.

Eventually she goes into labour in the middle of a guitar session. Scary, ridiculously composed labour.

“It looks like you've got this under control. Mind if I read?”
“Hey! Sebastian!”

“Get over here and meet your son, you silly man.”

Forum, say hello to Riley Jones.

“Alicia, say hello to your new lollipop dispenser! MUAHAHAHAHA!”

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 11 - Starlight? Sure!"
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2012, 12:10:53 AM »
Good job! Have fun in Starlight Shores!

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2012, 12:22:48 AM »
Aww, welcome Riley! The new...lollipop dispenser!  ;D 

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2012, 06:44:57 AM »
Welcome to Starlight Shores, Joneses and Riley!  ;D

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2012, 02:14:32 PM »
Alicia never fails to make me laugh. Lollipop dispenser indeed!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2012, 07:33:34 AM »
Thanks so much for all the gorgeous comments, guys! I'm really enjoying Starlight Shores so far. I won't be able to post a chapter today or tomorrow because I have a big essay due, but hopefully I'll be able to find time this weekend.  :)

anything