Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 235861 times)

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 15 - Girls"
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2012, 07:08:47 AM »
Tammie's haircut and eyebrows need to be changed!

"Dad, please don't shout. I have a headache..." from drinking too many quick drinks! Lol...

I wonder why Sarah is wearing her maternity outfit. Either you forgot to change it, or another baby??
Check out my new story here!

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2012, 11:06:23 AM »
Happy birthday, Savannah! Tammie Best is a real piece of work!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2012, 07:09:09 PM »
Tammie must have some bad traits lol! Poor Riley :P. Savannah is so cute.

You'd think she would, but I've since seen her traits and I was actually really surprised she wasn't Unflirty or Committment Issues or something.

Tammie's haircut and eyebrows need to be changed!

"Dad, please don't shout. I have a headache..." from drinking too many quick drinks! Lol...

I wonder why Sarah is wearing her maternity outfit. Either you forgot to change it, or another baby??

Regarding the maternity wear - Good catch, but I did indeed just forget to change it back. I think three nooboos are enough for this family.  :P

Happy birthday, Savannah! Tammie Best is a real piece of work!!

Lol, we'll be seeing a lot more of Tammie in the upcoming chapters so I hope you don't dislike her too much.  ;)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 16 - Rivalry"
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2012, 07:52:44 PM »
Chapter 16 - Rivalry

Sarah plays for tips in the park and finally maxes the Guitar skill, fulfilling her Lifetime Wish. I’m glad to get it out of the way before she ages up.

The next in the sequence of birthdays is Noah’s.

Noah gains the Adventurous trait because he apparently just wants to annoy me with constant wishes for travel. How does that trait not clash with Couch Potato or Hates the Outdoors?

Riley invites himself to Tammie's house after school again, on the day of the school dance no less. As much as he tries, Tammie still refuses to have a civil conversation with him.

"Hello, Tammie."
“What do you want?”
“I just wanted to tell you that I’m going to the dance by myself tonight. You’re the only girl I wanted to take, and if you won’t accept my invite that’s just how it’s going to be.”
“Fine. Have fun.”
“I will.”

Riley becomes Prom King and by all means should be having the time of his life, but there’s just one little thing wrong.

Tammie and Noah become love interests at the dance.

“My brother? Tammie, you knew I liked you! How could you do this to me?”
“Noah’s a lot deeper than you, Riley. He likes me for my mind, not just my looks.”
“Does he like you for your eyebrows too?”
“GET. OUT.”

The next day, both the boys have Mood Swings. Riley just wants to skip school and break curfew, but Noah dives straight into antagonising his brother.

“Why do you keep bothering Tammie? She’s mine now! Can’t you just accept that?”
“No I can’t! She deserves much better than you and I knew her first!”
“Why, you little-!”

*SMACK* *KICK* *PUNCH* *POW* *SLAP*

“Let that be a lesson to you! Stay away from my girlfriend!”

I have no idea how scrawny little Noah won that fight, by the way. Riley’s twice his size and has three Athletic points.

“Riley! I’m sick and tired of all this drama! Both you boys are getting a time out!”

“I hate you.”
“I hate you more.”

On the weekend Noah visits Tammie and attempts to put some moves on her.

Even though they have the highest possible relationship, she rejects him for his first kiss.

“Noah, I’m just not comfortable with romantic stuff. I mean, I like hanging out with you and all, but I don’t think I’m ready for the kissing just yet.”
“Come on Tammie, why did you agree to be my love interest at the dance then?”
“I don’t know! I just… I just want to take things slow, OK? Please, Noah.”
“Whatever.”

Tammie becomes a Young Adult not long after this, so it looks like Noah will have to wait for kisses until he’s older.

Noah starts a Drama novel to take his mind off Tammie. It’s at times like this that I wish I could read my Sims' books.

Riley has thrown himself into his Athletic skill with help from Auntie Alicia. She’s a very enthusiastic personal trainer.

Soon it's time for Alicia to become less energetic. Unlike her parents and sister, Alicia welcomes and celebrates her Adult birthday. Advanced age brings more respect and dignity in her line of work.

And not long after that, it’s time for Savannah to grow up too.

We have another Mooch! It seems that traits get shared around a lot in this household. But will that be enough to keep Riley and Noah from tearing the family apart?

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 17 - Alicia's Match"
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2012, 10:01:43 PM »
Chapter 17 – Alicia’s Match

Life goes on in Starlight Shores. Savannah is a happy child who doesn’t give her parents any trouble.

Even though her bus driver appears to be an escaped mental patient.

Riley and Noah get on the honour roll and win awards for Sport Club and Newspaper Club respectively. There isn’t a lot for them to do at the moment, so they just keep their grades up and do whatever they want to in their spare time.

They’re not the only Sims with time on their hands - Alicia has finally become the Emperor of Evil. I think the costume suits her, but the ominous glow is freaking out her family members.

Shortly after Alicia’s promotion, the Joneses get their first burglar. A spy from a rival corporation, perhaps? The conveniently-located burglar alarm quickly summons a police officer to the scene.

“It looks like the burglar managed to get away. Hopefully we’ll be able to catch them next time!”

“Not so fast, young lady!” *THUMP* *SMACK* *KICK*

“And that’s the way you do it!”
“SEBASTIAN, are you CRAZY? You could have been killed!”
“I highly doubt that’s in the game code, darling.”

“Hahaha! Who would have thought the notorious Rayne Grey would be defeated by a frail old man?”
“Oh, please. Let’s not forget your attempt, Jennifer.”

“You have the right to remain silent, because if you don’t say anything I’m totally taking credit for this back at the station.”

Saturday is to be our first double birthday party. Sarah has the honour of inviting the guests.

What the- there's a unicorn at a birthday party again? The same unicorn as last time? Is this a thing that I’m not aware of?

Oh, that explains it. It’s the unicorn of death.

Everyone crowds onto the landing to watch Yolanda die. At this point I’ve already clicked the “Blow out Candles” option, so Savannah has her birthday anyway.

I hope she gets another shared family trait!

…Be careful what you wish for. Savannah, like her aunt, is now Evil. She grows up with a hairstyle so distinctive I just have to keep it.

Once Yolanda’s ashes have been swept from the landing floor, it’s time for Sarah to celebrate her birthday. I can’t believe the first baby born to the Joneses is going to be an old woman!

She ages gracefully, keeping her grey hair.

“Daaaaahling, you brought me cake! How maaaaahvellous!”

Have you noticed how big Sims’ mouths get at birthday parties? Here, I have a close-up:

“AAAAAAAAAAH…”

One by one, the guests disperse. Tammie was invited, but she leaves before the boys get a chance to talk to her. Eventually just the family, the unicorn, and the corpse of Yolanda Lemmon remain on the lot.

“What do you think, Seb? Still pretty hot for an old chook?”
“Sarah, you’ve never been more beautiful.”

“Savannah, my dear, dear child. How would you feel about joining the family business?”

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2012, 10:15:10 PM »
Back to back chapters?  :o It was a pleasant surprise!

The "game code" line is priceless!

Alicia was my favorite character, but that may soon be changinig with her protege' Savannah. That is if Savannah lives up to her full evil potentional. Mwhahaha...  ;)
Check out my new story here!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2012, 10:37:40 PM »
Thanks MissPlumbBob   :). I had to play ahead because of technical issues, so now I have a bunch of half-finished chapters to work on. There's going to be three more chapters in Starlight Shores before the family moves to the next town.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 17 - Alicia's Match"
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2012, 10:42:48 PM »
Excellent writing, Ausette! You had me giggling throughout :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2012, 11:33:06 PM »
I bet Alicia wants Savannah to be her little minion/slave. Happy Birthday to everyone and that unicorn need to be eliminated. Next time, it could kill Sarah or Sebastian! :o
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 18 - Birthday Cake"
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2012, 05:50:18 AM »
Chapter 18 – Birthday Cake

Sebastian’s getting pretty old and doesn’t have much time left, so he and Sarah decide to go on one last romantic trip together.

Buckshot Lake is a gorgeous place to spend some time with loved ones.

Sarah and Sebastian spend the day playing dominoes, singing karaoke and generally enjoying each other’s company.

Later in the afternoon, they head out to the school to attend Riley and Noah’s graduation recital.

Both boys win trophies for doing so well at their afterschool activities. Their parents couldn’t be prouder.

Sebastian’s final day on Earth slowly draws to a close. For his last meal, he chooses to lick the icing off a plate that once held birthday cake. Hey, I don’t blame him. Icing is delicious.

Oh, that camera jump to the dying Sim depresses me every time!

Rest in peace, Sebastian Striker-Jones. You were a great husband, a loving father, and a fairly good photographer.

“THERE THERE, SARAH. THAT’S WHAT YOU GET FOR MARRYING AN OLDER MAN.”

“Yoo hoo! Aren’t you handsome?”

Savannah decides it’s not that important to bid farewell to her father, and instead focuses her attentions on this mysterious tall dark stranger.

“Darling, you must be simply exhausted! Would you care for a drink?”
“I THINK YOU SHOULD DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR OWN DIMENSION, KIDDO.”

“Why, he vanished into thin air! How rude!”

The next day’s ride to school is solemn. They boys have lost their father so soon before their birthdays. It’s a lot of growing up to do so suddenly, but life must go on.

Noah has a bug that makes him older than Riley despite the fact that Riley is the firstborn, so I decide to throw a joint birthday party and grow them up together.

First to age up is Riley.

He takes on the Superstar Athlete Lifetime Wish and becomes a Hopeless Romantic. I can't decide whether that trait is appropriate given Riley's history with women.

Then it’s Noah’s turn.

Noah becomes Never Nude and aspires to be a Professional Author.

Oh, and Doctor Snow has a birthday too. She’s an Elder now, but she doesn’t get any traits or birthday cake because she’s a cat.

It's a good thing she doesn't get a cake, because it already takes me quite a while to manually drag all the half-eaten cakes and abandoned slices from the rooftop deck to the fridge. The house is really cluttered, so prior to the move I’m going to start putting all the family’s valuables in safe places.

I think I’ll start with the urns.

Joanne

Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 18 - Birthday Cake"
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2012, 07:04:18 AM »
R.I.P Sebastian. Happy birthday to the boys, Riley turned out handsome! I don't think he will have much trouble with the girls. ;)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 19 - Moving Up"
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2012, 06:16:06 AM »
Chapter 19 – Moving Up

Both the boys graduate with Highest Honour, hooray! Riley is chosen as the class valedictorian and voted Most Likely to Get Married. His brother picks up Most Likely to Never Leave the House and mysteriously gains a full head of hair for the occasion. Maybe he's wearing one of those novelty hats with fake hair attached? I would have picked one with dreadlocks.

Riley signs up for a position on the local sports team. On his very first day, he stays late and earns a promotion. He’s going to be a superstar!

While Riley's off working, Noah has romantic matters to attend to.

“Tammie, we’ve been dating for ages but we never get to see each other. I think it'd be good if you moved in.”

“Oh! But wouldn’t Riley be uncomfortable with that?”
“Who cares? We’ll probably be leaving town without him anyway.”
“…Huh. Okay then. I’ll stay with you for a bit and then we’ll see where this takes us.”
“Great! There’s a mirror on the left when you walk in.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?”
“Nothing.”

In the end, Tammie doesn’t get much of a makeover because I can't imagine her with any other hairstyle. Her traits are Good, Artistic, Hydrophobic, Good Sense of Humour, and Hates The Outdoors.

Now that they live together, nothing’s stopping Noah and Tammie from trying some romantic interactions. They look… uncomfortable. Noah is Grumpy, so he doesn’t like giving compliments.

“Wow Tammie, your eyebrows look way less horrible than they used to!”
“…Thanks?”

A few interactions later and Noah finally scores his first kiss.

Tammie settles into the household fairly well over the next few days. She gets along fantastically with Sarah because of the two traits they share (Artistic and Good).

Noah is thrilled to have someone to offload all his worries onto. Tammie is surprisingly patient with him as he complains about dirty toilets, unwashed dishes, and life in general.

Tammie is actually putting a great deal of effort into this relationship. Her Good and Good Sense of Humour traits are finally shining through. Even when I let her interact with Sims autonomously she never does anything offensive.

Despite all this, I have to wonder if Tammie and Noah are actually happy together. They hardly ever pop wishes for each other, and when they do it's for completely different interactions. Plus, Alicia will frequently use the “Complain About Tammie” interaction with Noah and he doesn’t get annoyed with her at all. One day Tammie pops a wish to talk to Riley.

However, she just can’t bring herself to say anything to him. I’m not exaggerating - every time I try to make her interact with Riley she drops the interaction from her queue. Maybe it’s a bug left over from the extended snubbing? Luckily, Riley’s happy to take control of the conversation.

“Tammie. It’s been a long time.”
“I know.”
“…”
“…”
“…Wow, this is weird. Remember that time we talked non-stop for an entire night?”
“ I know! And now we can’t even string two words together. What happened?”
Well.

“…Right. That. I’m such an idiot, could you ever forgive me?”
“I’ll try. I think we need to talk things through first.”

So they do. Eventually they make it back up to Best Friends. Riley is a gentleman and doesn’t pop any wishes to flirt with her. Yay, it looks like I can keep them both in the same house after all!

Savannah’s dance is on Thursday, so she glams herself up and heads out to the school.

She apparently rented a limousine just for herself. That definitely sounds like something Savannah would do. She has a lovely time and is voted Prom Queen by her peers.

Meanwhile, Noah is finishing off his very first novel. It’s not a bestseller or even a hit, but being published for the first time and earning a bit of income is always a reason to celebrate!

“Hey Tammie, I’ve been thinking…”

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2012, 06:51:01 AM »
Oh, this family is so much fun to read about. I just love how you let all their personalities shine through, both the god - and the not so good.

Can't wait to learn more about Savannah, she seems awesome.

Joanne

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2012, 09:46:49 AM »
It will be interesting to see Noah and Tammie.s offspring, she have a very unique features.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2012, 10:38:12 AM »
It's nice to see Tammie in the family! I never disliked her, just felt sorry for Riley for being turned down so many times. So hopefully she'll learn to behave from now on!  :P  ( Hehe, just kidding. I like her now. All Jones are lovely! )

And wow! Riley and Noah are almost identical! They have the same face shape, eyes, nose, and lips. Yeah, perhaps not "almost"!

anything