Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 235834 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 32 - Little Animals"
« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2012, 07:51:15 PM »
Awesome update.  Very good thing you have grandad around with unexpected twins.  Maybe hope is Tammie's reincarnation!

Ooh, what a fascinating idea! I've just had another look at Hope and I think she may have Tammie's eye colour.  :o

I love how you are making the glitches part of the story. The performing fleas and flying chinchilla were hilarious, though I do hope no one died in the fire. That would make for fewer boyfriend prospects for Caity and Maggie.  :o

I don't think anyone died, thank goodness. I added the glitches to the story because they're frequently funnier than anything I could write. I'm glad you guys all like them!

The firefighter LTW seems a great idea at the time, so easy to get chief, but it takes forever to rescue enough people.  I almost never can finish it since my game never spawns enough disasters!

Love the story

I second this!  The performing fleas were great.  I had an image of the little flea circuses with a Ferris wheel and teeter totter.  And the Chinchilla -  "Caity’s yet to find a boyfriend, but she does find a cute chinchilla. She gives it a quick cuddle and releases it back into the wild."  Release it back into the wild by throwing it through the air?  :o  Then I read the glitch part and thought "phew!"

;D

Thanks cndneh! My goal is to get Ben enough lifetime happiness points to die happy, with or without completing his Lifetime Wish. I probably should have made him a policeman or a ghost buster, but "Fire Fighter Super Hero" was too good to pass up.

Love the 'stache! It is a great addition, I bet he looks like Zorro with his mask on.  ;D

He does a bit!  ;D  I have no idea why I didn't give him facial hair sooner. Tammie's dad had the same jaw shape and he absolutely rocked a moustache.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 33 - Toddlers and Toothbrushes"
« Reply #181 on: October 25, 2012, 03:31:16 AM »
Chapter 33 – Toddlers and Toothbrushes   

Friday is Magpie’s last day of high school. She’s thrilled, trust me. She just looks a little grumpy because of the mood swing she’s having.

Her last wish as a teenager is to set a prank at the school, so she goes back after class to steal some test papers. The tests will be very useful in profiling the intelligence of Sunset Valley’s residents.

She has a small birthday party with her family (sans Lisa, who she hates).

Since childhood, Magpie has been waiting impatiently until she's old enough to become a private investigator. She locks in the Persuasive Private Eye lifetime wish without hesitation. She also gains the Nurturing trait. I think that means the kids are starting to grow on her, which is more than I can say for some members of the household.

Quiet, Courage! What kind of toddler CRIES all the time?”

Lisa tries, she really does. All her wishes are to do with her kids. It’s just she never stops grimacing when she’s in the same room as them!

“What do you mean the girls are hungry? Why don’t YOU go feed them then?”

Sadly, not even Ben is safe from Lisa’s outpourings of rage.

At least Ben has the option to placate his wife with kisses. That’s seriously the extent of their interaction these days. Fight, make up, fight, make up. They’re the most passionate couple I’ve ever played.

“Hey, Lisa. I’m a fire-fighter.
Squeee! That never stops being HOT!”

Ben gets a ceremony thrown in his honour thanks to his heroic deeds in the fire department. Unfortunately, it’s cancelled halfway through when the officials realise they booked the high school graduation for the same day. Whoops!

Caitlin earns the Highest Honour and brings home the Most Popular award. Uh, Caitlin? You’re a Loner. How on Earth did you manage to get that award? Please tell me it doesn’t have anything to do with your Flirty trait.

Magpie, despite being younger, not only gets Highest Honour but is chosen to be the Class Valedictorian. She doesn’t get an award for her personality, though. I don’t think they could think of anything nice to say about her.

After graduation, Magpie goes straight to the police station to officially sign up as a Private Investigator. She gets her first paying case that very night.

“Let me get this straight. You called me up, at nine thirty on a Sunday, and offered me six hundred and fifty simoleons to find out who’s been using your toothbrush?”   
“Well, sorta. I don’t actually care about the toothbrush, but my mummy works on the police force and she said the new investigator was pretty.”
“Very funny. I don’t buy it.”
“Okay, Dad says the new investigator is pretty. Do you wanna come inside and meet him?”
“NO.”

Soon it's time for Courage to grow up. Lisa is immensely relieved to have one of her kids out of the toddler stage.

Isn’t he just the spitting image of his daddy? Courage gains the Perceptive trait, just like “Auntie” Magpie. I think he looks up to her.

“Oh no! Is the superhero gonna be OK, Dad?”
“Hush, son. Your father needs to study this.”

Ben's been a rather detached parent up to this point. I'm hoping that working from home will help him improve his relationships with his children.

Eeek! The circus fleas are back, and this time they’ve stolen Magpie’s identity! Resetsim and teleport aren’t fixing it! I haven’t made a backup since Courage was born! AAAARGH!

Oh, thank goodness. Splitting Magpie from the household in Edit Town and moving her back in fixes that problem. She can get straight back to work without a hitch.

“Oh for heaven’s sake, I already “solved” your ridiculous toothbrush case!”

Same kid, same case. Barry Keaton is a persistent little thing.

At home the twins are finishing up the last of their toddler skills. Liberty likes to wear the potty rather than sit on it.

Finally, finally, it’s time for the girls to grow up. Liberty goes first as she’s the older of the two.

Liberty gains the Hot-headed trait. It seems she gets more from her mum than I initially thought.

Next up is Hope, who grows up in front of a very lost-looking Gunther Goth.

We have our first Party Animal! Well, our first “official” Party Animal. I’m sure there’ll be no shortage of parties in the future, one way or another.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #182 on: October 25, 2012, 04:19:28 AM »
Ben and Courage watching TV cracked me up!

Liberty looks beautiful. Such a nice mix of her parents.

Louise56

« Reply #183 on: October 25, 2012, 06:14:58 AM »
Magpie are very pretty. The case of the toothbrush are too funny lol, it always crack me up. ;D
The picture of the nooboo inside the potty are funny lol.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #184 on: October 25, 2012, 11:25:24 PM »
Ben and Courage watching TV cracked me up!

Liberty looks beautiful. Such a nice mix of her parents.

Thanks saltpastillen! I've seen Liberty as a teen and she is indeed gorgeous.  :)

Magpie are very pretty. The case of the toothbrush are too funny lol, it always crack me up. ;D
The picture of the nooboo inside the potty are funny lol.

Thank you Louise, I'm glad you find it funny! It took me a while to find a hairstyle that suited Magpie but I like how she turned out in the end.  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 34 - Sands of Time"
« Reply #185 on: October 26, 2012, 01:41:35 AM »
Chapter 34 – Sands of Time

Lisa becomes an Adult without much fanfare. Doesn’t she look thrilled about it?

“Yay, you didn’t have a midlife crisis!”

Yay indeed! I didn’t think Lisa could possible get any pricklier. I guess she couldn't.

At this point I send Ben to the spa to get an age-resetting tattoo. I don't normally do this, but he mysteriously lost a few days a while back and he needs all the time he can get.

The next day the kids go in a field trip to the bistro, and all three pop the Animal Rescuer Lifetime Wish. Uh, what exactly did they see in that kitchen?

The twins seem to be enjoying their childhood. Hope’s Party Animal trait is already showing. All she ever wants to do is dance.

Speaking of parties, now that all the kids are in school Caitlin has a chance to meet friends and look for a boyfriend. She organises a get-together down at the Recurve Strand.

“You’re planning a wild, juice-fuelled party with loads of half-naked boys on the outskirts of town where no one can see what you get up to? Have a nice time, dear!”
“Thanks Dad, I will!”

Riley and Caitlin have always been close. Judging by the wishes she gets, she's inherited his rebellious streak.

Caitlin heads down to the beach to set up her party. Wait a second, what’s going on in the front yard?

“Grandad, you’re all glittery!”
“Huh? I don't remember getting that lifetime reward!”

“That's weird. I just started feeling really sad and I don’t know why.”
“Me too. Must be Monday.”

Riley’s last action is to free up a space in the household so someone can bring in a spouse later on. He’s as sweet and selfless in death as he was in life. Rest in peace, Riley.

Caitlin decides to go ahead with the party to honour her father's memory (he was a closet Party Animal himself). She invites her old school friends as well as her brother and cousin.

Magpie comes along, but Ben can’t make it because he’s busy dealing with a large house fire for work.

Yeah, I’d scream too if a middle-aged moustachioed man in a speedo broke down my door with an axe.

I leave Caitlin to her own devices while I manage the fire. When I get back to the party I find her busy getting to know Arlo Bunch. Hmmm.

At the end of the night, I check Magpie and Caitlin’s relationship panels to see which guests they connected with the most. Caitlin’s highest relationship is with Arlo Bunch and Magpie’s is with VJ Alvi. Caitlin also has a wish to talk to Parker Langerak, so I’m throwing him into the running as well. This would be so much easier if I had Seasons and online dating already!

As it turns out, the party isn't quite enough to distract Caitlin from her loss.

“WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING ME?”
“*sniff* I’m just so upset about Dad! I can’t stop crying, Magpie!”
“Well, um, that sucks. How long does that usually last?”

“Two days. So anyway, I’ve figured out how to cheer myself up!”
“That sounds ominous.”
“You’re so funny, Magpie! Anyway, I’m meeting some guys from the party today, and I told them I’d be bringing you along.”
“Oh come on. I have cases I need to work on, Caitlin!”
“But this will be great for your work! You can get to know townsfolk without them suspecting what you’re doing, it’s perfect!”
“No it isn't.”
“Yes it is. Either way, you need as many alibis as you can get.”
Fine. I'll see you there.”

Caitlin’s in her element with Arlo and Parker. She’s happy to chat away with them as soon as they arrive on the lot. I’ve decided to leave her and Magpie on free will for this and see how they behave.

Magpie is not amused by her cousin’s antics.

Judging by that face he’s making, neither is VJ. He autonomously chats with Magpie before they even get through the gate.

Meanwhile, Arlo consoles Caitlin about the death of her father. To my surprise, she responds by complimenting his appearance. How I love free will. It looks like Arlo will be getting a second date.

As for VJ, his opinions on Magpie are yet to be fully revealed. Unlike the rest of him. Did I mention how much I love free will?

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #186 on: October 26, 2012, 02:03:21 AM »
Omg that photo of the guy screaming as a speedo wearing Ben breaks through his door made me laugh so much!   That poor guy, LOL! 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: October 26, 2012, 02:13:55 AM »
Caitlin definitely go for Parker. You don't want Arlo's genes in the family. *shudder*
R.I.P Riley.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: October 26, 2012, 03:00:33 AM »
Omg that photo of the guy screaming as a speedo wearing Ben breaks through his door made me laugh so much!   That poor guy, LOL!

I was giggling like a maniac taking those screenshots!  ;D I had my work cut out trying to pick the most menacing ones.

Caitlin definitely go for Parker. You don't want Arlo's genes in the family. *shudder*
R.I.P Riley.

My initial instinct was to go for Parker, but Caitlin's always had a thing for Arlo. I figure that she isn't the heir so I might as well give her some freedom. Arlo would benefit from being a normal spouse for once.  :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2012, 04:20:45 AM »
Oh, I love VJ. So glad he made an appearance in your story.

As for a man in a speedo breaking down my door, I think I would freak out even more then that poor guy.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2012, 04:42:35 AM »
I'm seriously cracking up over skinny-dipping VJ...and I'm so glad that Arlo is getting a fair shot! The kid never gets a positive spotlight.

Louise56

« Reply #191 on: October 26, 2012, 04:31:56 PM »
It will be awesome if Arlo gets a chance a happiness. I always feel sorry for him. Free will can be very entertaining and full of surprises.
Love the update. :)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2012, 06:08:40 PM »
RIP, Riley. You were always my favourite of the Joneses. (though Lisa gives you a run for your money!  :P)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2012, 08:26:28 AM »
Oh, I love VJ. So glad he made an appearance in your story.

As for a man in a speedo breaking down my door, I think I would freak out even more then that poor guy.

Oh, I know how you feel about VJ  :). He'll be back.

I'm seriously cracking up over skinny-dipping VJ...and I'm so glad that Arlo is getting a fair shot! The kid never gets a positive spotlight.
It will be awesome if Arlo gets a chance a happiness. I always feel sorry for him. Free will can be very entertaining and full of surprises.
Love the update. :)

Thank you guys  :). Free will has given me plenty of laughs, and I'm so happy it gave Arlo a chance be in love.

RIP, Riley. You were always my favourite of the Joneses. (though Lisa gives you a run for your money!  :P)

I miss him too  :(. Fun fact: I often this glitch that forces Sims to smile for no reason, and Riley seemed to get it most of all. He was just a naturally happy guy.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 35 - Stolen"
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2012, 12:31:25 AM »
Chapter 35 - Stolen

The kids in the house are required by me to bake their weight in muffins, but Courage seems to actually enjoy it. Every one of his wishes is related to running a bake sale.

So on Saturday morning (which happens to be his birthday) he sets up a cute little stall in Central Park.

Our little entrepreneur earns a total of… seven simoleons. That’s a bit short of his goal of $150. Poor thing, I bet those free picnics are stealing all his business.

“Happy birthday, Courage! Your dad and I got you a cake! Do you want to blow out the candles now?”

“You BOUGHT a cake? How could you?! You’re supporting my competition!”
“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry Courage! What can I do to make it up to you?”
“You should let me eat the whole thing by myself. It’s only fair.”
Hey!

Courage has a nice celebration in the park. His father even acts as a birthday clown.

It looks like Courage will be living up to his name soon, because he becomes a Kleptomaniac as a teen. That’s not a good trait to have when you live with a private investigator.

“I grew up in a house full of Kleptos, kid. I’m watching you.
“Whatever.”

You can’t watch him forever, Magpie.

Courage loots the town each night and flees the scene on Riley’s old motorbike. When it gets too close to curfew he hides out at his friend Kelley’s place.

“This is a nice place you’ve got, babe. I hope weren’t particularly attached to that chess set.”

Kelley’s mother is a criminal, so it’s quite possible she knows what signs to look for. Most of the Sims in town are completely oblivious to Courage’s habits.

“Once again, the hero has saved the day! I love it when they catch the thief in time!”
“Uh, me too, Dad. Can we watch something else now?”

Caitlin decides it’s about time she went on a proper date with Arlo. She invites him out to lunch the following day.

“Wow, how lucky am I! I never thought such a beautiful woman would want to go out with me. Most of them object to my face.”

“Awww, I think you’re actually sort of cute in a squished-up zombie kind of way. Say, could you lean in closer?”

Whoa! They’re barely friends and yet Caitlin is popping the wish to kiss Arlo for the first time! Let’s buy the boy some lunch first.

Caitlin and Arlo have a wonderful date at the bistro. Arlo even orders a tofu dish so he doesn’t offend Caitlin’s Vegetarian beliefs.

“I had a really nice time with you today. Will you meet me at the beach in a few hours?”
“And see you in a bikini again? How could I say no!”

The night goes exactly as both Sims intended. Arlo and Caitlin are now boyfriend and girlfriend!

Parker doesn’t seem to approve of this turn of events. Let it go, man! You had your chance!

The twins grow up the following afternoon. Sorry Hope, there wasn’t enough time after school to throw a party. Liberty goes first, as usual.

She gains the Lucky trait for her birthday. This is also the point where I realise that her hair colour comes from Riley, who got the hair colour from Diana. IT’S BACK, PEOPLE. THE MURKY BROWN IS BACK.

After that, it’s Hope’s turn to age up.

Hope becomes Nurturing, which makes her the second Sim in the house to have that trait. Oh dear. Friends, it’s a sad day when the Jones's resident Party Animal and the Grumpy family fugitive are more suited to parenting than the Sims who are actually parents.