Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 234055 times)

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 53 - The Rule of Three"
« Reply #375 on: January 13, 2013, 05:18:39 AM »
Hehe! Great update, Ausette! The part with Shanita was hilarious! Please invite her to Stella's birthday party!  :P

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2013, 08:19:30 AM »
Stella is the prime example of a Sim where the "wrong" traits become the "right" traits. She's absolutely hilarious!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #377 on: January 13, 2013, 09:40:06 AM »
Poor Shanita...Stella is awesome.  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #378 on: January 13, 2013, 07:28:11 PM »
Well that hat looks familiar! ;) Great update. Stella is amazingly creepy, if it has not been said... ;D

Does it now  ;)? Thanks Artsy, I think Stella was a surprise to us all!

Poor Shanita. First being bored by Stella and then not getting any cake! Happy Birthday to Libby, Hope and Mandy.  Stella continues her creepiness. I can't imagine her around kids.

Oh wow, I can't imagine it either! I'll have to think about it, it's going to be fun. :)

Stella have the 'no sense of humor trait'? That make her more creepy and awesome lol. I love that trait. Let her ramble aimlessly and watch the poor victim's reaction. Very funny lol. ;D Poor Shanita no cake for her!

I didn't even know Sims with the trait could do that! I usually keep them from using the "boring" options because they're not good for relationships. It gave me a bit of a shock, to say the least.

I love the dialog between Stella and Shanita, all of them :)  For once they are not giving sims ugly clothes and (sometimes hair) You got lucky Liberty, VERY lucky!

Thanks Ella  :). I always love seeing what the game gives my Sims to wear when they age up! It's usually not worth showing, but sometimes the game really gets it right (or wrong, which is even better).

That hat will suit hope well, I believe.

Can't get hyenas out of my mind...

I couldn't either. Stella's fangs don't help, do they?

Can't get the hyena idea out of my head...no fingerprints on my screen, but that's just...creepy. :o

Liberty is a lovely elder! I can't really say that about Hope yet thanks to the hat. :P Still hoping that all works out between Mandy and Omar.

Thanks Raia! I know you really can't see Hope's face in that screenshot, but it was too good a picture to not include.  ;D

Hehe! Great update, Ausette! The part with Shanita was hilarious! Please invite her to Stella's birthday party!  :P

Thanks Raia  :). Don't worry; Shanita is family, so she's always going to be invited to events for as long as the Joneses live in Lunar Lakes.

Stella is the prime example of a Sim where the "wrong" traits become the "right" traits. She's absolutely hilarious!  ;D

Thank you, Audren! :D Stella's really fun to play and take creepy screenshots of.

Poor Shanita...Stella is awesome.  :)

Thanks Corey, they're both really fun Sims.  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 54 - Quite a Catch"
« Reply #379 on: January 24, 2013, 07:49:37 AM »
Chapter 54 – Quite a Catch

Omar moves into the Jones house straight after Mandy’s birthday party. His traits are Genius, Mooch, Artistic, Computer Whiz, and the latest addition, Diva (all that talent must have gone to his freshly-shaven head). His LTW is Master of the Arts, which I think makes him the third Sim in the household to have that wish. Come on Omar, I'd expect more creativity from an Artistic guy like you!

“Omar, I’ve been reading some of those romance novels you’re addicted to.”
“Yeah?”
“And they’re giving me… ideas.”
“Ohhhhh.”

At least his girlfriend’s Flirty now, so she can admire him as much as he admires himself. Oh, and guess what? They’re lucky they’re so naturally gifted, because neither of them graduated from school! I’m serious! The Ursines got a ceremony, but before the Joneses could arrive City Hall was blocked off by angry protesters.

Oh my. Good luck explaining this one to the wife and kids, Courage.

“Marlin! How many times must I tell you not to clasp your hands ominously in public? It’s bad for our image!”
“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Mother. I’m not a criminal… yet.”
What did I just say?

Speaking of ominous Sims, here’s a picture of Stella I included because I think it’s cute in a messed-up sort of way. She’s doing well despite the ridiculous number of mood swings she's been having. Ugh, I'm so tired of mood swings I can't be bothered to let my teens rebel properly any more.

Well, I do let her break curfew one night, but she's swiftly brought home by the invisible police squad. For some reason, Omar is the Sim the game selects to do the scolding.

“Stella, you’re in so much troub– wait, what am I saying? Stay out! Stay out as long as you want! Flee the town before you’re legally able to hit on me again!”

Silly Omar, the law has never been a barrier to Stella.

What the–  See what I mean? I leave these guys alone for five minutes and come back to find them arguing in their undies in Mandy’s old bedroom! I think I’ll go see what the rest of the family is up to now, thank you very much.

Hope has adapted to elderhood pretty well. She only has one instrument left to master for her lifetime wish, so she spends most of her time busking and riding around in her motive mobile. It’s a good thing this isn’t real life, or she’d probably be deaf and/or crazy from playing her bass for twenty-two hours every day.

Barry has obtained a baseball somehow and now he’s obsessed with playing catch with everyone. I especially enjoy watching him play with Liberty. Observe:

First, Barry pleasantly throws the ball to his wife like the sweet little dork that he is.

Liberty happily catches it, delighted to share such a cute nostalgic moment with her high school sweetheart and the love of her life. Birds chirp sweetly, Sims sigh in contentment…

…And then she pelts back a bone-shattering power ball directly at her recoiling husband’s face. Every. Single. Time.

Oh man, I could watch these two all day (and so could the ice cream man apparently)! Why is Liberty so violent all of a sudden? Is it her Hot-headed trait? Her athleticism? Or is she just sick of playing catch? I don’t see why she would be, we’re all having so much fun!

…Oh. That’s a good reason.  :o

On her last day of school, Stella brings home a young man who I’ve never seen before. Considering that Stella’s only remotely positive trait is Flirty, I think I have good reason not to trust him.

“We’re finally alone. Should I initiate the romance, or is that your thing?”
“Allow me.”

“ARGH! What was that!?”
“I am embracing you!”
“Through the back of my ribcage?!”
“I don’t hear you complaining about the position of your left hand, boy. Now let me show you how I understand ‘kissing’ works.”

“Uh, no. I’m getting out of here, you freak!” 

Sorry Devin/Devon/Whatever-your-name-is, but you’re going to have to stick around for a few more hours. Yes, it’s time for the final house party in Lunar Lakes – Stella’s young adult birthday.

Even the gnomes look worried tonight.

Err… While I do like to vary which part of the house each birthday party takes place in, I don’t think “hallway” is one of the options I usually consider.

Courage: “Ha ha! For once, I’m the one outside the tiny cramped windowless prison! How the tables have turned!”

I think everyone ended up in there because Barry, the host, was on his way to the bathroom when guests started to arrive. Oh well, I’m sure Stella’s birthday transition will draw everyone into the main living room.

See, cake fixes everything! Well, not everything I guess; If you look closely at the spectators, you’ll see Kris looking unhappy as usual, Dev trying not to cry, and Shanita lurking in the background waiting for the cake to be cut. Will she finally get a slice?

“Shanita, Daddy loves you and all but he’s getting on in years and doesn’t have many pleasures left. Would you mind giving up the last slice of cake for a sad, frail old man?”
“But Daddy, you use that argument for everything!”
“And you use my money for everything. Is that cake really worth getting on the wrong side of the man who supplies you with all those pretty dresses?”
“Uh, fine.”

Courage: “Hoorah! Boy am I going to enjo– Hey, wait a minute!”

Bahahahaha, go Shanita! Now, where was I?

Oh yeah, the birthday girl. Stella grows up to be an Animal Lover, just like her great-great-great Aunt Alicia. Since she likes her pets so much, I decide a good LTW for her is to Become a Creature-Robot Crossbreeder.

Let’s hope I don’t regret that decision.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 54 - Quite a Catch"
« Reply #380 on: January 24, 2013, 08:00:05 AM »
You do have a wonderful way with words, my friend! I felt like I was actually at the birthday party ;) Good job!

Louise56

« Reply #381 on: January 24, 2013, 09:48:40 AM »
Happy birthday Stella! She is really pretty. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #382 on: January 24, 2013, 11:57:57 AM »
Shanita gets her cake! Even of it meant disobeying her dad. Stella, didn't anyone ever tell you to not
impale someone when you embraced them? Poor Devin/Devon.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #383 on: January 24, 2013, 04:24:35 PM »
Did you notice Stella's fangs when she was a teen? Its kind of creepy... GO SHANITA! You got your cake! :) Stella, why did you stick your arm in Devin/Devon/Whatever-his-name-is? Poor guy.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #384 on: January 24, 2013, 07:16:50 PM »
That was a laugh riot--especially the game of catch between Libby and Barry. I'm guessing he has relatively low Athletic, if any at all...but the way you described it literally made me laugh out loud. (My husband asked what I was laughing about!)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #385 on: January 24, 2013, 10:56:10 PM »
That was a laugh riot--especially the game of catch between Libby and Barry. I'm guessing he has relatively low Athletic, if any at all...but the way you described it literally made me laugh out loud. (My husband asked what I was laughing about!)

HAH!  I was going to write the same thing, I laughed out loud and had to drag the significant other over to read it with me... we had quite the chuckle!!  Its even worse when the athletic parents are "pelting back a bone-shattering power ball" at their children.  Parent -"If you can catch this you are eligible to grow up and carry on the dynasty" Child - "ahhhhh!!!!  :o"

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #386 on: January 25, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
With Stella being legally able to hit on him now ( :P ), Omar should get ready to run, and he should get ready to run fast! ( he's done it before, so it shouldn't be a problem, I suppose! ) Happy birthday, Stella!

Omar really is quite a catch, by the way. He looks great after the makeover!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #387 on: January 26, 2013, 03:32:37 AM »
You do have a wonderful way with words, my friend! I felt like I was actually at the birthday party ;) Good job!

Thank you Jude!  :D  I'm not sure why you'd want to be at that party, stuck in a cramped hallway with not enough cake. I guess you'd get to meet lots of interesting people.

Happy birthday Stella! She is really pretty. :)

Thanks Louise  :). Stella definitely takes after her father's side of the family in looks, in my opinion.

Shanita gets her cake! Even of it meant disobeying her dad. Stella, didn't anyone ever tell you to not
impale someone when you embraced them? Poor Devin/Devon.

Lol, I'm glad you enjoyed the birthday party then.  :)

Did you notice Stella's fangs when she was a teen? Its kind of creepy... GO SHANITA! You got your cake! :) Stella, why did you stick your arm in Devin/Devon/Whatever-his-name-is? Poor guy.

Yeah, the fangs are kind of hard to ignore  :o. I love how creepy they make otherwise nice screenshots look.

HAH!  I was going to write the same thing, I laughed out loud and had to drag the significant other over to read it with me... we had quite the chuckle!!  Its even worse when the athletic parents are "pelting back a bone-shattering power ball" at their children.  Parent -"If you can catch this you are eligible to grow up and carry on the dynasty" Child - "ahhhhh!!!!  :o"

Thanks so much, guys!  :D  Can you tell how much fun I had writing that part? Raia, you're correct about Barry's Athletic, I don't think he has a single point. cndeh, that mental image made me chuckle, although you have to admit it would be awesome when the child finally has enough Athletic points to catch the ball for the first time.

With Stella being legally able to hit on him now ( :P ), Omar should get ready to run, and he should get ready to run fast! ( he's done it before, so it shouldn't be a problem, I suppose! ) Happy birthday, Stella!

Omar really is quite a catch, by the way. He looks great after the makeover!

Ah, but if Mandy becomes the heir and Stella stays at home, they're stuck together.  :o  Thanks Roxanne, I'm glad you like the makeover. Omar is actually the first Sim of mine to look good in that Showtime beard.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 55 - Mostly Dialogue"
« Reply #388 on: February 06, 2013, 06:01:07 AM »
Chapter 55 – Mostly Dialogue

As the guests at Stella’s party dig into their cake, Omar seeks out his girlfriend for a talk.

“I’m scared, Mandy. She’s a young adult now, who knows what she’ll try to do to me?”
“Honey, Stella is not going to flirt with you.”
“But I’m irresistible! Even a sane Sim would have trouble keeping their hands off me! Oh man, why did I move in with your family? Why couldn’t we communicate exclusively over the internet like I wanted? What do I do?

“You can calm down, for a start! Everything’s going to be FINE. Look, if you’re really that worried, I can protect you. I’ve got five points in Athletic and I can max the skill out in my spare time without too much trouble. And hey, we’ve both got cops for parents, what’s the worst that could possibly happen?”
“I dunno, Mandy. I love you and I like spending time with you, but you couldn’t possibly look after me every second for the rest of my life.”
“Really?”

Mandy: “I was planning on doing just that.”
TV: *GASP!*

“Aaah, my eyes! Too bright! Too bright!”
“Whoops, sorry Omar! The stone is from the crystal mines, it’s probably radioactive or something now that I think of it.”
“Urgh, that’s OK, babe. I can use it for bedtime reading or to defend myself from muggers.”
“I knew you’d like it! So will you marry me then?”

“Of course I will! I love you, Mandy! Does this act of commitment mean you’ve finally accepted my lifelong passion for computers?”
“Well, no. But we’ll work on that.”
“Fair enough.”

Mandy celebrates her impending marriage by promptly feeling up her fiancé’s pectorals, or perhaps trying to claim his heart in the literal sense of the phrase. Omar reacts by quietly accepting the Stir Crazy moodlet. Can’t you feel the love?

“Rowl! I caught myself a hot one!”

Well, there’s that, I guess. I think this is going to be a very physical relationship.

Speaking of relationships, guess who Hope runs into the following night at Six Pistons? It’s a little hard to tell because they’ve aged up into elders, but that’s Omar’s mum and dad having (presumably) celebratory drinks. Better yet, Hope maxes out her Bass skill shortly afterwards, completing her lifetime wish. It looks like it was a good day for everyone!

With her goals completed, Hope can finally take an extended break from skilling. I’m not good at thinking of things for my elders to do, so snogging Rudolpho will probably be her sole pastime for the rest of her life. Eh, I can think of worse fates for Hope.

The younger members of the family settle into a fresh new routine for a little while. Stella gets a job in the Science career, Omar takes a class in Guitar, and Mandy gets a kitchen job and starts to cook full-time. I have no idea why, but Mandy makes the most hilariously exaggerated faces when she’s cooking. You haven’t even seen this next one yet:

What IS that? I don’t even know what to call this expression! “The Disappointed Duck”, maybe? “Bullfrog Ballerina”? Either way, I hope she added enough molluscs and bugs to those cookies. Ew.

At this point, I suddenly realise that Kelley hasn’t been invited to any recent parties, and it's because no one in the household knows her well enough anymore. I send Barry over to befriend her, but judging by her initial reaction she isn’t too pleased to have been forgotten these past few weeks.

“YOU! This is all YOUR fault!”
“What?”
“You’re the reason Liberty was the heir instead of Courage! I could be a playable with dyed hair and Simbot servants right now if not for your oh-so-adorable relationship with her!”
“I’m… sorry?”
“You better be, buster. Do you have any idea how boring it is not being able to skill by yourself? I did more in the week I lived with the Joneses than I did in my entire life! Trust me, I was NOT happy to go back to standard Story Progression.”
“Uh… Well, the faster you befriend me, the faster I’ll be able to move out of town.”
“Excellent! Now you’re speaking my language.”

Barry manages to suck up to Kelley enough to put her on the invite list for parties. Why is this so important, you ask? Why, because Mandy’s bachelorette party is tonight!

Aww, I really missed out by not inviting Kelley to earlier parties. Look how close she is to her daughter.

“Oh my gosh, I totally just realised we don’t need to worry about ruining these pre-set formal outfits!”
“That’s genius, Shanny! Quick, get Mama another bottle of bubbly!”

Look look look, they’re the spitting image of each other! How cute is that! Okay, I’ll stop gushing now, I just find these two so adorable. Let's get on with the toasts.

“Hi everyone, I’d like your full attention tonight! As if my gorgeous self didn’t have your full attention already, hahaha! Anyway, you all know I’m a girl with extremely high standards, so of course this whole best friend deal is proof of how amazing my cousin Mandy is. I’m so happy for her and Omar, especially since they let me pick my own bridesmaid outfit! Like, oh my gosh, I’m going to look better than her during the wedding on Saturday! So I-”

“Shanita, I love you but if you keep talking about yourself I’ll have to punch you.”
Mandy! I was only joking! Gosh, you brides have no sense of humour. I was going to pour you a nice glass of nectar, but now I don’t think you deserve it.

“Shanita, that’s not fair!”
“Yes it is!”
“No it isn’t!”
“Yes it–”

“ARGH!”
“Whoops!”

I will never get tired of that nectar-spraying animation  :). Speaking of animations, check out that devious look on Marlin’s face!  Expressions like that are not particularly uncommon for Evil Sims, but I’m surprised to discover that he actually has a reason to look suspicious this time. See, Marlin has a plan. A horrible, horrible plan, which he executes minutes after the toast has been completed.

See it yet?

“Curse these ridiculous customs! What is the point of following the dress code for once if my cousin will just break it anyway?”

In case you haven’t figured it out yet, allow this screenshot to make things clear for you:

BAM! Skinny dipping in the windows! *cringe* I don’t know why I didn’t think of this possibility before. We could have had some extremely interesting performances from the dancers, but no – instead we have the entire family exposed to Marlin’s censor pixels.

Marlin is gradually joined by a number of the guests, and soon the venue looks less like a nightclub and more like a very odd art exhibit or a zombie aquarium or something. I don’t think I’ll top that image today, so I guess I’ll have to see you next time for the wedding and departure from Lunar Lakes. Thanks again for reading! :)

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 55 - Mostly Dialogue"
« Reply #389 on: February 06, 2013, 07:29:36 AM »
Congratulations Mandy! Marlin's expression is so funny and creepy.