Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233672 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 59 - It's Raining Men"
« Reply #435 on: March 18, 2013, 02:14:22 PM »
“Hey, Dad?”
“Yes, Glenn?”
“…Are things okay with you and Mum?”
“What? Don’t be ridiculous, of course they are! Why would you even ask something like that?”
“Uh, no reason.”

Too funny! And, OMG...Bean?! I love it :) Great update, Ausette!

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #436 on: March 18, 2013, 05:30:23 PM »
LOL, I love the name "Bean" and Omar's hair, its just so... big :D

“Hi there, sweetheart! Come and give Mummy a hug!”
“Again?”
“Yes, again. How's your day going, pumpkin?”
“Exactly the same as it was going ten minutes ago, Mum.”
“Okay, just checking, dear. I'll be back again in five.”
This was my favorite part! Oh, and seriously Bean? Your favorite food was your own legs? Sheesh, I would never eat my own legs, they would taste HORRIBLE :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #437 on: March 19, 2013, 08:06:04 PM »
Valentine's hairstyle is awesome. The curtain picture was hilarious!  ;D

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #438 on: March 20, 2013, 12:01:05 AM »
Thanks guys, I'm glad my crummy jokes are still hitting the mark  :). I love the name Bean as well; it, and a lot of other humourous moments, were actually generated by the game this time.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #439 on: March 20, 2013, 12:25:36 AM »
Thanks guys, I'm glad my crummy jokes are still hitting the mark  :). I love the name Bean as well; it, and a lot of other humourous moments, were actually generated by the game this time.

^^
I do hope Stella procreates with her frog prince before she gets all old  :D

Louise56

« Reply #440 on: March 20, 2013, 07:10:03 AM »
Stella got someone! Lol, I hope there will be a nooboo. I love the updates. :)

Offline ilovebakedgoods

• Llama Wrangler
  • I just swallowed my gum.
« Reply #441 on: March 20, 2013, 09:52:53 AM »
Hilarious update! I love Bean and his kooky outfit. Love Valentine's hair, too.

Too funny about Bean's favorite food being frog legs! Loved the protest pics and dialogue, too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #442 on: March 20, 2013, 10:21:16 AM »
That protest may just be why Lois is the only female teenager in town. :P

Welcome to the insanity family, Bean! Poor guy doesn't know what he's in for being attached to Stella. I can't believe that Hope is still around. I've always loved her...

Very cute and hilarious as usual. :D

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #443 on: March 22, 2013, 06:07:35 AM »
Hilarious updates! It's nice to see that Stella finally has someone. Loved every bit.  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #444 on: March 22, 2013, 09:57:34 PM »
^^
I do hope Stella procreates with her frog prince before she gets all old  :D
Stella got someone! Lol, I hope there will be a nooboo. I love the updates. :)

You're not going to like this, but I don't think it will be possible for Bean and Stella to have a child in this town jump. Both Valentine and Nectar have love interests in my game, so if I add another Sim then the house will be full and I'll have to leave a Sim or two behind when I move to the next world. By then, all the Sims of the older generation will be elders and unable to reproduce. I'm really sorry  :(. Maybe I could have them establish a family in an alternate file when I'm finished?

Hilarious update! I love Bean and his kooky outfit. Love Valentine's hair, too.

Too funny about Bean's favorite food being frog legs! Loved the protest pics and dialogue, too.

Thanks ilovebakedgoods  :). I'm really happy that Bean is getting a positive reception; the frog prince was always going to be a risk with his random traits and appearance, and I get the feeling you guys would accept only the best for Stella.

That protest may just be why Lois is the only female teenager in town. :P

Welcome to the insanity family, Bean! Poor guy doesn't know what he's in for being attached to Stella. I can't believe that Hope is still around. I've always loved her...

Very cute and hilarious as usual. :D

Lol, good point! Lucky Palms must be slowly evolving into some kind of bachelor colony. It's a good thing we won't be spending multiple generations there.

I'm glad you share my fondness for Hope. I know she doesn't do much, but I'm going to miss having her around.

Hilarious updates! It's nice to see that Stella finally has someone. Loved every bit.  :)

Thank you, Roxanne. Loving every bit is one of the best compliments you could give me.  :)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #445 on: March 22, 2013, 10:07:29 PM »
You're not going to like this, but I don't think it will be possible for Bean and Stella to have a child in this town jump. Both Valentine and Nectar have love interests in my game, so if I add another Sim then the house will be full and I'll have to leave a Sim or two behind when I move to the next world. By then, all the Sims of the older generation will be elders and unable to reproduce. I'm really sorry  :(. Maybe I could have them establish a family in an alternate file when I'm finished?

Thanks ilovebakedgoods  :). I'm really happy that Bean is getting a positive reception; the frog prince was always going to be a risk with his random traits and appearance, and I get the feeling you guys would accept only the best for Stella.

I think that would be nice, and that Stella would enjoy having children.....(Maybe Stella could be a founder of a Dynasty or Legacy? She could be eccentric in her old age lol)

Louise56

« Reply #446 on: March 23, 2013, 10:42:07 AM »
I think that would be nice, and that Stella would enjoy having children.....(Maybe Stella could be a founder of a Dynasty or Legacy? She could be eccentric in her old age lol)
It will be awesome if Stella get her own story. It can be a short story. :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #447 on: March 31, 2013, 06:41:30 AM »
It will be awesome if Stella get her own story. It can be a short story. :)

Those sound like good ideas! As much as I love the idea of Stella in a Dynasty, I don't think I'd be able to play a challenge with actual rules. I'll definitely throw "Stella Story" on the pile with the other two or three story concepts I have planned for after the Joneses.  ;)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 60 - Cactus Court[ing]"
« Reply #448 on: March 31, 2013, 07:54:27 AM »
Chapter 60 – Cactus Court[ing]

Will you look at that - It’s the night before the school dance and Valentine doesn't have a date yet. I decide to throw a last-minute sleepover with all the Lucky Palms kids to give Valentine a chance to talk to Lois. In retrospect, inviting all the other boys she can choose from probably isn’t the most competitive strategy.

Glenn: “That’s the girl we’re all competing for? Niiiiice!

That said, don’t think that this is going to be a crazy teenage party. After dinner, all the kids autonomously sit down and have a little study session together. It’s good to see that everyone here is well-adjusted and responsible.

Except for the adults, that is.

“Hey, kids! Who wants drinks?”   

NO! Bad Hope! Wait, on second thoughts go ahead and get Lois drunk. Valentine needs all the help he can get, because it looks like he'll only have the morning hours - as soon as they've finished their homework, all the teens get out their sleeping bags and settle in for an early night's rest. OK, just what kind of teenagers are these guys?! Even I wasn't this boring in high school!

Luckily, Rudolpho periodically drifts through and wakes everybody up.

Rudolpho: “Look, a ghost!”
Gerard: “WHERE?”

“Lois, I want to ask you… Uncle Rudy? Do you think you could give us some privacy?”
“No, I am quite content where I am.”
“You sure?”
“Yes. Don’t worry, I won’t listen.”
“…Uh, whatever then. Lois, do you want to go to the dance with me?”

Yay, she accepts! In the least romantic way possible! ...That's not very promising, but maybe they'll hit it off better at the actual dance...?

“Wow Valentine, I can’t believe you hired a limo just for us! But why did you make me sit in the front with the driver?”
“Oh, no reason. It’s not we were smuggling a deer in the back or anything.”

Despite her attitude, Lois does indeed share a kiss with Valentine, and even asks him to go steady during the slow dance. Our little Prom King should be as happy as a clam, but something about the whole arrangement doesn't sit right with me. It feels less like a whirlwind romance and more like a "Let's get all this out of the way offscreen". I hope they warm up to each other or this is going to be a very long and unfulfilling marriage.

Valentine and Lois are nothing like Stella and Bean; if I leave those two on free will, all they do is dance around the house being all silly and romantic with each other.

“How’s my beautiful scientist today?”
“I am well. And how is my little tree frog?”

These two are ridiculous. They don’t just pop wishes; they satisfy them. Autonomously. I didn’t even know the makeout option could BE autonomous, but there you go! These guys are so amorous that they even try to invent NEW options:

New, incredibly disturbing options.

“Embrace me, my love! Right here in the kitchen!”
“Oh Stella, I have no idea how you did that and I do not even care! My luscious temptress, how could I possibly resist your rounded, supple bod–“

“…There’s a child right behind me, isn’t there?”
“Do not worry, dear. I am completely pixelated, ergo this is fine. Now kiss me!”

This is the point where I pull out my hair and chant "It's just a game! Sims can't get scarred for life!" over and over to myself.

“Nectar, sweetie, could you play in your room for a bit? Mummy doesn’t want you to see this.”
“See what?”
“See me scream like a banshee at Auntie Stella for traumatizing my daughter and defiling my lovely kitchen.”
“But Mum, you tell me everything! I'm just going to hear about this from you later anyway!”

Don't worry, Bean survives his indiscretion and even strikes up an arrangement with fellow Party Animal Hope. See, Bean can ask Sims to help him practice Mixology, and since Hope has nothing to do all day it makes perfect sense to put her decades of experience into teaching him the way of the perfect cocktail.

“What do you think, wise master?”
“I think I feel my tastebuds crawling off my tongue! You have much to learn, young grasshopper.”
“Such as what, master?”
“Such as how to make a Grasshopper that doesn’t taste like curdled toothpaste.”

Hmmm, maybe Bean isn’t quite ready to bartend at the next birthday party.

The next birthday party turns out to be Nectar’s, and I’m pleasantly surprised to discover that she’ll be a teenager at the same time as all the boys in town. Perhaps we can get her a high school sweetheart after all!

She looks a lot like Hope, doesn’t she? Nectar gains the Natural Born Performer trait, cementing her future as the perfect acrobat. I’m running out of hairstyles that look good on the Jones-Brown-Jones jaw, so please excuse me for using the one that makes Nectar look like she has a monobrow.

It’s at this point that I start scouting the party for boys for Nectar to flirt with, including the lovely Curtis Shaw pictured here. I was planning on having a nice meet-and-greet session, but Curtis… Curtis kind of takes things into his own hands.

Okay. Remember when I made that joke about Curtis mistaking Valentine’s “hot little redhead” for Gerard Lancaster? After I wrote that, I reread my notes and thought “Hey, wouldn’t it be funny if Curtis actually WAS attracted to Gerard and they ended up together through Story Progression?” I bring that up because, well, it turns out I wasn’t far off the mark. See, Curtis is Inappropriate, and Inappropriate Sims tend to plant kisses on Sims they like. So you can imagine my surprise when Curtis spontaneously expresses his passionate love for…

Valentine.

Unfortunately for Curtis, Valentine is a bit taken aback.

“WHAT do you think you’re trying to do?!”
“Gee, I wonder. What kind of question is that?”
“It… Curt, I have a girlfriend! She’s holding a plate of seafood right behind me as we speak!”
“Lois eats meat? Really? You honestly think you could be happy with a carnivore?”
“It’s not a big deal. Lois is my friend and we even have compatible star signs.”
“So do we.”
“We –  Argh! Just… We’ll talk about this later, OK? It’s my baby sister’s birthday, and this is way too sudden.”
“Sudden? Val, we’re Sims. This is like a decade-long affair in human years.”
“I SAID LATER!”

Curtis at least has the courtesy to autonomously leave early and give me a bit of time to think. Oh Curtis, why do you have to make things so hard for me? I was planning on making Valentine the heir for this generation! I suppose now that Nectar’s a teenager she's actually a valid alternative as the heir. There's still three boys to pick from, so I think I'll introduce her to them and see how things work out.

Naturally, I send Nectar to meet my favourite option first.

“You live in a theatre? I can’t believe I didn’t know that!”
“Huh?”
“That is SO cool! I love performing arts and stuff!”
“Oh, right. Well, I suppose it IS appropriate for all the hand-puppet shows my Insane trait forces me to conduct. Isn’t that right, Thumbsy?”

Hallelujah, we have attraction! Apparently they’re compatible because both of them have the Brave trait.

Wait a second – Gerard Lancaster, Brave? This must be a Cowardly Lion sort of thing, because the emotion that Gerard most commonly expresses can be best described as “panic”.

“Hey, Gerry! Pillow fight!”
“Huh? What’s going on? What are these fluffy things? Nectar, help me! I’m so confused!”

Oh, Gerry. You’ll make a fine addition to the family. With that relationship established, Nectar has also granted her brother a little flexibility. That night, Valentine invites Curtis out to the pier to see if they’re actually compatible.

“Hey Valentine! You know, I didn’t mean to freak you out in front of everyone. I'm sorry.”
“No you're not.”
“Ha, you’re right. So I guess this means you no longer want to be friends?”
“Kind of.”
“Ouch. I really like you, Valentine, but I guess if that’s what you want…”

“Actually, what I want is to be more than friends.”
What?
“Yeah. You did freak me out at first, but the more I thought about things, the more I realised that I’m not in love with Lois and I probably never will be. I mean, I pretty much knew that already, but I reasoned that none of the other heirs in my family had much choice in spouses either, and they all ended up pretty happy anyway. I just felt like I had to date Lois because that’s what anyone else in my place would do, and it’s not like I had much of a reason not to either.”
“But how do you feel about me?”
“Well, you’re my best friend. We’ve grown up together, we’ve got common interests, and now that we’ve tried romantic interactions, I realise I find you Attractive Company.”

“So, you’re saying you think this could work?”
“Yeah, that’s pretty much what I’m saying.”
“Wow.”
“Indeed.”
“So… now what?”
“Do you want to break curfew and try to get arrested?”
“Do I ever!”

And that’s exactly what they do. And all the teens live happily ever after, except of course for poor slighted Lois Lancaster (who I’m going to give a boyfriend out of guilt once the Joneses leave town).

You’re breaking up with me?!”
“Lois, I’m sorry! Even if I was attracted to girls, you’re just not a very interesting character.”
“I don’t HAVE to be interesting! I’m the only Sim in town you can make babies with! We should end up together by default!”
“Look, I said I was sorry! I’m sure there’s someone else out there for you. In fact, I think Ted Hudson shares your Loner trait. So you can be utterly alone for the rest of eternity… together?”
Uuurrgh!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 60 - Cactus Court[ing]"
« Reply #449 on: March 31, 2013, 08:17:57 AM »
Way to go trading one redhead for another. I think Valentine is going to be much happier with this arrangement.