Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 263862 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 177: The last toddler
« Reply #540 on: November 07, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »
After sleeping though her nooboo days we were interested in finding out how Beata would be as a toddler. We threw a early morning party, and danced away while we waited for Cary to arrive. I would not bring Beata to her cake without Cary present, he deserves to be part of every step she takes in life.

The grandmas were excited about the last toddler birthday in this dynasty. I guess she'll hear a lot about being the last heir in her life. I hope I can make her understand she is more than just the last immortal.

I helped her blow out the cake, and the sparkles came for her.

Here she is. She has my eye color and I think her fathers skin tone, just a lighter shade. But it will be easier to see when she is older. Her hair is a light brown, but nothing like either mine or Cary's. She's got some wild hair going on.

Her wardrobe is pink of course. She got a cute vest and leggings, so that she can move around easily.

I decided to show the world how responsible I had become by jumping right to teaching Beata the basic skills.

She wasn't really interested in the party, so I let her enjoy herself in her room. She doesn't need to see all the young men flirting with the grandmas anyway. She has much more important things to do.

Greta: I'm so glad you could come.
Cary: Wouldn't miss it for the world.
Greta: Weren't you working?
Cary: I took the day of, nothing is more important than spending time with my girls.
Greta: You know just what to say.

Greta: OK, bedtime little lady. All the guest are gone and the house is settling down for the night, wait, what do I hear...

Greta:...it's the Claw!

Greta: And it's going to eat you up!
Beata: Iiii!

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 177: The last toddler
« Reply #541 on: November 07, 2012, 11:17:15 AM »
Oh my gosh Beata is sooo cute!  The grandmas nearly getting in a fist fight to give her a bottle was really funny :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #542 on: November 07, 2012, 12:22:53 PM »
To think that it was only two months ago when you first posted this dynasty. I'm going to cry once it ends. D:

Beata is adorable, and it's really sweet how Cary is still a part of her life.

SimBlip

« Reply #543 on: November 07, 2012, 02:09:48 PM »
Greta is doing so well! Handiness super maxed, lots of opps and now working on her career.
Her relationship with Carey is also very special.
Lovely updates! :)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #544 on: November 07, 2012, 03:31:50 PM »
I love how Greta has matured. Out of all of the heirs thus far, I think I love her story the most. She has turned into a fine upstanding sim and a great mommy. :)

Beata is just adorable!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #545 on: November 07, 2012, 03:40:56 PM »
Beata is so cute. I love the pirates boots with the swimwear, sexy there.  ;) Greta has really come around and matured so much.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #546 on: November 07, 2012, 03:54:57 PM »
I love the pirates boots with the swimwear, sexy there.  ;)

I usually cringe when I see townies with the pirate boots, but on Cary they work surprisingly well.

Thanks for all your nice comments. I wanted to try something a little different with Greta's story and so far I'm very happy with how it's going. I usually always have my sims marry and live together, so this is a very different playing style form me. But that's what I like about this challenge. It pushes you to go way out of your comfort zone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 178: Are we in a reality show?
« Reply #547 on: November 07, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »
Cary spends as much time as possible with me and Beata. I think it's important that she gets to know her father and that she gets to spend time with someone who's not an elderly woman. I know Beata won't be able to marry either, or have a child for that matter, so I really want her to connect with her father so that she learns the values of family in the "normal" sense, and not just what passes as family in this crazy clan of women. There is life after the dynasty, and I don't want her scared for life by growing up in this madhouse.

Cary is great with Beata.

He plays with her and gives her lots of attention, when the two of us aren't sneaking away for some privacy.

I have been teaching her to talk so that she can communicate more with her father and learn what is required of her for the dynasty.

Greta: You'll need to understand that being in a dynasty puts restrictions on what you can do and how you live your life. Take me for example, I always wanted to be an actress, move to Bridgeport, become a celebrity and star in movies shown on the Romantic Rendevous channel. But instead I'm going to be an astronaut and explore space, I might even get to go to Lunar Lakes some day. So, you can't do exactly what you want, but you could do anything you want as long as it's withing the rules.
Beata: That seems silly.

Greta: I'm just telling you this to help you. And remember, people will gossip about us no matter what you do. So never pay them any mind.
Beata: Why?
Greta: They are just jealous, probably because they aren't as rich as us or as famous.
Beata: We are famous? But you said we couldn't become celebrities?

Greta: Well, we can't become famous in this dimension, but in dimension H alien creatures called humans read about us on their computers.
Beata: Aliens?
Greta: Not the kind that grandma F talks about, the human aliens look a lot like us, a lot like the characters of grandma K's MultiTab game. Maybe you could ask her to show it to you?
Beata: How come they read about us?
Greta: Because we tell them how we are doing with the dynasty. They are the judges or something like that.
Beata: Like the judges on Sim Nation's Got Talent? Are we in a reality show?
Greta: No we are not in a reality show, and they are not that kind of judges. Who's letting you watch that crappy reality show anyway?
Beata: Um, no one?
Greta: That's it young lady, no TV for you unless an adult is supervising!

Greta: Now let's talk careers. Politics could be a great choice for you. Have a lot of parties, throw a lot of jokes around, become charismatic. What do you say?
Beata: But being in an office is boring.
Greta: You don't know that, besides you get to be the leader of the free world, doesn't that sound nice?
Beata: Not really, sounds like a lot of people are going to be mad at me, I want to be an actress just like you mommy.
Greta: I already explained to you that you can't be an actress.
Beata: But I want to be!
Greta: How about we talk about this later, when you're more grown up?
Beata: I think daddy will say I can be an actress.
Greta: Your dad is not in charge of this!
Beata: My daddy loves me, he will say I get to be what I want.
Greta: We shall see about that.

Selma: Do you want to go fast?
Beata: Faster, faster!
Frida: Move away, it's my turn to push the swing.
Selma: The swing is electronic, no one is pushing it.

Frida: So I'll push a button, or whatever. Just let me have my turn.
Selma: I just got here, Elise was hogging her before, go do something else for a while.
Frida: Fine, I'll go jump on the trampoline for a bit, but then it's my turn!

Sometimes Beata was so cute no words were necessary.

She joined us at the TV, and I wringed a promise from the grandmas that there would be no more reality TV. Who's the lady in black you wonder? It's this weeks butler. The grandmas all wanted one, but couldn't agree on who got to do the hiring. So now we'll get another butler each week - a compromise.

To shake off some of the stir crazyness the grandmas took Beata to the park every day while I was working. They fished and played gnubb.

Beata brought her favorite toy horse to play with.

Grandma S and grandma E took turns letting her go on the spring rides.

And in the evenings grandma E taught Beata how to walk. The other grandmas provided commentary from the couch.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 178: Are we in a reality show?
« Reply #548 on: November 07, 2012, 05:09:48 PM »
she is too cute.. I love the teaching to talk part is was too funny

SimBlip

« Reply #549 on: November 07, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »
The Aurora family is extravagant and totally different from the norm - but in these last chapters you've created such a warm and homey atmosphere. Love it! :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #550 on: November 07, 2012, 05:20:36 PM »
Thanks you guys!

I love writing the teaching to talk parts, they are some of my favorites, but getting good screenshots takes forever!

I'm very happy you get a family feeling from the last few chapters. I have been focusing more on each individual family/love story earlier but since there won't be another baby, and the dynasty now is in it's endgame, I felt it was time to show how they all band together to reach their goal.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 179: If dreams could come true
« Reply #551 on: November 07, 2012, 05:58:03 PM »
I've heard that time flies when you become a parent, and so it for me too. In no time at all it was time for my adult birthday, and mom threw a party for me after work. I was a bit nervous about getting a midlife crisis.

The sparkles did their thing...

...and I didn't look to bad, except for them messing up my hair. I did get a midlife crisis though, and a strong urge to exercise more. As soon as I fix my hair it's time to hit the treadmill, I need to get pumped!

The party broke up early and Cary and I went straight to sleep, sine I had to get up early for work. For breakfast grandma K treated me to my favorite Potato and truffle torte. What a great way to start the day! Oh, and I'm at level five in my career already, halfway to the top!

I was off to work, and all the grandmas except for grandma E decided on a spa day. Grandma E was happy to get Beata to herself, and Beata was happy to get to go to the park...

...have a nap in the rocking chair...

...and getting all her museum pieces finished.

To grandma K's delight Beata has shown a great interest in reading, especially adventure and fantasy stories. I read her to sleep every night because otherwise she screams the house down. She is always asking me questions about what happened after the book ended. I think some day soon I'm going to have to come up with some stories of my own. 

When the darling terror is in bed it's time for me and Cary to spend some quality time together.

Most nights we don't do much talking.

Greta: I missed you today.
Cary: I missed you too. Ready to go to bed?
Greta: I'm tired, I could sleep.

Cary: In that case.
Greta: Put me down! I'm not that tired.
Cary: Really? You want to stand here in front of your relatives and discuss this?
Greta: All right, I guess I'm more tired than I first thought. Carry me, my legs aren't steady anymore.

Cary: See, isn't this better than being out there with your mom and grandmothers?

Greta: It is. Do you know what would make it even better?
Cary: I can guess....
Greta: I'd have been disappointing if you couldn't.

We fell asleep next to each other dreaming. I only wished I had a way to make his dream come true, like I could with mine.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 179: If dreams could come true
« Reply #552 on: November 07, 2012, 06:25:45 PM »
I love Cary's hair, it reminds me of someone else I know. Lol maybe when all is said and done, the dynasty is over Greta can resurrect Cary and use the young again potion and make his dreams come true. Ahh would be nice

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 180: Fashionista
« Reply #553 on: November 07, 2012, 07:17:48 PM »
Beata's birthday came around and I was so proud of my little darling. She's learned all her skills and her mind was agile and sharp, I was sure she'd make a perfect politician.

She was excited too, and threw herself down to blow out the cake.

And then there were sparkles.

Beata: Green?! You've got to be kidding me!
Greta: Darling, come back here, eat your cake!
Beata: Who cares about cake? I've got business to attend to.

My daughter is a bit fashion crazy, in fact she is more than crazy, she's insane.

Now I can see more clearly that she has inherrited her fathers skin tone. As for who she get's her facial structure from, that remains to be seen.

Beata wasn't satisfied with just the regular five outfits, she wanted more. Mom is happy about her love for fashion, but disappointing in her color choices.

3 everyday, 3 formal, 2 sleep, 2 athletic, 2 swim

We rounded off the evening with some family TV time.

Klara: Can't we watch that new Mathew Hamming movie instead of this?
Beata: No, it's my birthday and i get to pick what we're watching. And I like the shopping channel. So we are watching the shopping channel!
Greta: How about if I read you a bedtime story and the grandmas watch some TV by themselves?
Beata: I want a new story, an adventure and something romantic. I want to know how you and dad met, only not the same old boring story you always tell, make it more interesting! *stops of to room*
Greta: Grandma K, can't you do it instead? You're the one with the imagienation.
Cecilia: Go on, make something up, how hard can it be?
Julia: You always said you wanted to be an actress, so improvise.
Greta: You try and make something up!
Klara: Why don't you take one of my romance novels, and just switch the names.
Greta: Thanks grandma K, that sound like a good idea.

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 180: Fashionista
« Reply #554 on: November 07, 2012, 08:54:22 PM »
Oooh! That picture of granma E with little Beata in the rocking chair is just to die for!
Her personality is already shining through. This little miss seems to know what she wants!
(By the way, you created a lovely new wardrobe for her.)
The relationship between Greta and Cary melts my heart. He has got a way of bringing out the best in her.
So happy!  ;D

anything