Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261555 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 20: Rikard becomes a child)
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2012, 08:32:22 AM »
Ops, just realised I didn't write down the girls traits.

Selma is disciplined and brave and Emelie is genius and neurotic (you can bet Klara is happy about that).

I modified the post where they aged up to toddlers, but thought I should put it here as well.

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2012, 09:59:41 AM »
Nice few updates! Cuteness in toddlers, cuteness in children, and cuteness in Teens... :D
The twins are so cute! And that last pic of Rikard is a hoot. I can just imagine the rocking horse overbalancing backwards :)
Don't worry Klara, I'm sure you'll still be pretty in ages to come ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2012, 01:17:04 PM »
Very sweet updates. I was hoping that one of the twins would have blue hair. :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 21: Chris almost misses the party
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2012, 04:00:51 PM »
Well, well, well - what have we here? Mr. Five Star Chef himself, thinking about skipping the birthday party in order to spend more time with his music box collection. (Chris became quite the collector during the time he would frequent the Consignment Shop looking for a camera. Agnes and I did not share his enthusiasm, but we let him display it outside the girls nursery).

Klara: Chris! Get out here, we are going to blow out the cake.
Chris: But the music is so pretty, I'll come as soon the mummy and Unicorn have had their turn.
Klara: Don't make me tell Agnes.
Chris: Fine, but don't ask me for any favours when the girls are acting up. If VJ and Agnes are out of the house - you're on your own.

VJ carried his darling Selma to the cake.

And I carried my sweet Emelie.

The girls are now starting to look a little different. The only things Selma inherited from her fathers side of the family is the hair and possibly the eyes (VJ's claims aside, I always thought his family had eyes more in Emelie's  color). Emelie have her fathers skin tone but a lighter shade, and his eye and nose shape (though you can't see from this picture). Both girls got my mouth.

Here are their wardrobe choices. Selma is somewhat of a tomboy, and Emelie is a little lady.

Having the girls aging up was bitter sweet. Sweet, since I feel I can do so much more with them now (if I would have time, which I don't) and bitter because it was a prominent reminder of how quickly time can move. Sure I was going to live forever, Selma too if we were successful, but my sweet Emelie and VJ would all to soon be taken from us. And that was IF I actually succeed in fulfilling all the requirements for immortality. I still had almost two and a half career cap left. And days were ticking down. Sure the girls would be teens before I aged up to elder, but I felt time was running away from me.

Luckily VJ knew exactly how to take my mind off of certain things and help me relax.

Then it was time for presents! First mine. Yeah, I got a present even if it wasn't my birthday. So what? I think I deserve it for bringing them to life. And clearly everyone else agrees, or I wouldn't have gotten the present, now would I?

Here you can see it. It's a beautiful photograph of my girls and Rikard on their rocking horses. Can you guess who's who?

Emelie wanted a chemistry set, and who am I to deny her anything when she asks so prettily. She has it in her own locked area outside. She calls it her crazy laboratory. I don't know if I should be worried. Nah, I doubt she'll do anything dangerous. She's so sweet after all.

Selma got what all heirs get, three pieces in her museum exhibit. I think I saw VJ hand her a present behind my back, it looked like some kind of book, but she's not much of a reader so I doubt it.

Even as a child I don't really know how to relate to Selma, she seems so "wild" and her games always involve screaming and running around and loud noises and fighting! Of course my books involve those things too, but in a more "intellectual" way. She's just so physical and not very interested in school unlike her genius sister. I worry about how she will handle taking over this dynasty. (This dynasty that doesn't even exist yet since I am a long way of from fulfilling my requirements.)

Selma: Chaaaarge!

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 21: Chris almost misses the party)
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2012, 04:07:43 PM »
Wow, you're great at photography! I've never got the hang of it and it takes me years to just to get on Level 1, even with the highest quality camera  :P

The girls look great as children and they're both nice blends of their parents genes. I'm glad that a lil' bit of Victoria will live on (hopefully) with the purple hair.
I always find that hilarious when kids get their parents dyed tips  ;D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 22: The midlife crisis and the property mogul
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2012, 04:59:14 PM »
VJ had his adult birthday early this morning so the girls wouldn't miss it because of school.

He was so cocky about not getting a midlife crisis and said he was feeling younger and stronger than ever.

After we had cake Emelie helped me make the beds before the maid showed up. It's so nice to have someone help me, VJ refuses and says that's what maids are for.

But I just know there is a maid consortium somewhere out there where they meet and compare notes. Oh, the shame if I was to be marked up as a slob! I actually wanted us to stop hiring a maid because of this, thinking we could all help out keep the house clean - but that was voted down by the others.

There is something funny with the maids I tell you, ever so often new ones just show up. Some days there are two coming to work at the same day, they call it on the job training, but I know what it really is. That's when they grade our self cleaning performance - the trick is figuring out what days they will come grade you, and really work hard the night before. I haven't quite figured out their system yet, but I'm keeping notes. Soon they will slip up - and I will get the highest marks!

Selma, being her fathers daughter, refused to help. She was chasing robbers off from the postilion or something like that. Well, at least she has a great imagination, that's one thing the writer in me can admire.

When dinnertime rolled around this had happened. Apparently VJ was having a midlife crisis anyway, he'd found one, ONE, greyish hair and refused to take of the helmet. His childish trait really was showing and I got annoyed.

Klara: You are not wearing that helmet for the rest of your days VJ!
VJ: You can't make me take it of.
Klara: But I can make you sleep on the couch is that's what you want.
Chris: VJ, pleas just take of the helmet. I can't deal with any more of this screeching.
Sylvester: Dude, that helmet has to go.
VJ: But my hair, my beautiful hair is betraying me. I can't show myself in public like this!
Selma/Emalie: Dad, grow up!

This is Akasha. She showed up the next morning and proclaimed us her faithful subjects. She said the gloom and doom of this house suited her mood. VJ immediately accused her of eating his plasma fruit. I think he has a point, but her only response was "Servant, you are boring me - begone from here and let me rest in peace."

Inexplicably the whole household are now early risers (when did this happen? Maybe because we were so exhausted trying to keep up with the toddlers that we went to bed earlier and earlier each night?)

So when Sylvester once again wanted to pull the early party trick we were all there cheering for him. (Agnes, knowing her boy, had bought a cake the day before.

I think he's become more his own person now rather than Chris clone. Good for him!

His wardrobe is a bit artsy, since he has the Visionary LTW.

When Sylvester went down to City Hall to register as a self-employed painter, I decided to tag along and check two things off my to do list. I bought Divisaro Budget Books (building) and Stoney Falls (property). Even if the career cap hadn't increased very fast the royalties from all my books were stacking up, so I traveled up to Stony Falls the same afternoon to oversee the construction.

I didn't know what kind of people would want to rent this property, but decided it needed some bathrooms and an area to serve meals and relax. Since becoming a parent I'm also more mindful of what a child needs. So, some basic child and toddler activities were included.

First Floor
Second Floor

Here's just another overview of our house. The girls have the blue bedroom and the boys have the yellow.

Finally, I was trying very hard not to laugh when Agnes got stuck in the bookshelf the other day. I know she's a bookworm like me - but even I don't like books that much!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 21: Chris almost misses the party)
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 05:08:39 PM »
Wow, you're great at photography! I've never got the hang of it and it takes me years to just to get on Level 1, even with the highest quality camera  :P

Actually I almost feel like I'm cheating since I'm using the MultiTab, it makes leveling up very easy + you don't have to micromanage everything. Without it I doubt I'd even try.

Now, since I'm not trying to get a good score I mostly just take loads of pictures hoping one will turn up just right. I has been surprisingly enjoyable though, I have some pictures later in the file that I'm particularly proud of. But that panorama of them on the rocking horses was a great idea. I find that it's really hard to take great portraits with the panorama, so I quickly gave up on that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 23: Sylvester graduates
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 06:16:13 PM »
Agnes is painting just for fun now. (That painting now hangs in the kitchen, making it a lot more lived in).

Children have their own way of doing things. Since Emelie is a genius, she quickly realized that doing your homework on the MultiTab makes it both fun and fast.

Rikard and Selma haven't caught on yet, so they settle down with their ordinary pens and paper.

Rikard: Why is Emelie always insisting we do the homework outside while she does it inside?

Selma: I don't know. But I bet this math problem would be easier if we only were allowed to use blocks to illustrate it.

Emelie: Now, who's the smartest of them all?

Michelangelo finally decided to come out of hiatus. He made an Ariel.

The next day dawned with Sylvester's Graduation. The kids were excited because they had the day of from school. They all dressed up in their finest and headed down town. I was not with them (I really don't have to repeat why do I?).

Sylvestser was Valedictorian and voted most artistic. He got a official diploma and all.

The group then decided to head to a park where a Simfest was held. Partly because they wanted me to have some peace and quiet in the house, but mostly because they were all going stir crazy.

Unfortunately the children were not allowed to watch (though how they could keep the children from watching when there were no walls I haven't a clue). So, Agnes, Chris and Sylvester watched the performers while VJ played tag with the kids.

The book is coming along slowly - I must have written well over a 1000 pages by now.

The next morning Emelie came to me and told me she had discovered a potion that would reduce my need for sleep even more (I already have the Meditative Trance Sleep LTR). This would mean I could write for several hours more each day - maybe, just maybe I would be successful!

Is it any wonder that I love my sweet Emelie? She's always thinking of me!

Emelie *thinks* next time I'll get Selma to try one of these out, maybe the bladder potion I discovered sometime back

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 24:Rikard becomes a teen
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2012, 04:11:14 AM »
Agnes life was nearing the end. She had managed to fulfill her LTW of becoming an Illustrious Author by listening to writing TabCasts (sorry Agnes but the computer is mine).

To keep her hands occupied she kept on painting. She mostly stayed in the living room which gave her a great view of the gate. She muttered something about keeping her eye out for the paparazzi. I have no idea what she is talking about, I've never seen a paparazzi and if they came, I'm sure we could offer them some refreshments.

She also spent as much time as possible with Chris, watching the stars and other crazy things old people like to do.

Rikards birthday came around. We threw a pool party since I still looked hot in my swimsuit and Agnes didn't mind showing herself in hers. The real reason was that an outside pool party suited Rikards loves the outdoors personality to a tee.

Some familiar faces showed up and Lisa Bunch teased Rikard even before he did his spin. Sometimes she's so tiring, but I always invite her hoping she'll one day meet one of my best friends requirement. Unlike some of the other regular party attendees she never misses the cake. Maybe she doesn't get any food at home (could be why she's so skinny).

Rikard aged up to avery handsome teen, and a few brushstrokes later he didn't look as feminine anymore.

He gained the green thumb trait. (VJ is so happy to have someone to share his main third largest interest with. (His main interest of course being me and his second the girls.)

His wardrobe include a lot of yellow and camouflage material since that's sturdy and useful when being outdoors. He wanted to do all camouflage but Agnes put her foot down. I suspect Chris will try to smuggle some to him. He's real happy about his youngest wanting to be an outdoorsman.

I was just happy about being away from the computer for a change and partied all night long.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 25: The girls teen birthday
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 04:38:45 AM »
Sometimes when I write I have to dress in character. It's not something I enjoy, but I suffer through it because of the pressures put on me by the dynasty requirements. But enough about me, the girls are having a party.

Klara: Hello, I'd like to register a complaint.
Maids Inc.: Are you not happy with your service mam?
Klara: The toilets are filthy, the beds are remade in an unsatisfactory manner and you have once again stolen all our laundry. I'm having an important party later today - if this mess isn't fixed I'll go somewhere else with my money.
Maids Inc.: We'll send someone over asap, no need to switch to Butlers 'r Us.
Klara: Thank you kindly.

VJ had bought some special planters but they didn't bloom in time for the party. He was really upset, but I doubt the girls will mind.

That night we had a family party for the girls. After the big bash the day before we thought it would be nice to have some family time.

Both girls aged up with my hair - I don't know who found that more disturbing, me or them. After a quick trip to the mirror they once again had their own looks. Selma wanted something sporty while Emelie was happy to keep her old style.

Selma gained good sense of humor to had to her disciplined, brave and adventurous traits.
Emalie became a savvy sculptor in addition to being neurotic, a genius and artistic.

Selma is looking more and more like me each day and Emelie more and more like her dad. I think they are both really beautiful.

When it came to wardrobe choices the girls continued on as they had as children. Selma almost refused to wear a dress, but I told her she might regret not wearing one if she goes prom, so she relented. But she absolutely refused to wear heels which is fine with me. Emelie had a Gothic theme going on (I caught her reading my horror novel Prometheus wife the other night, maybe that's what inspired her?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 26: Selma chooses her way
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 05:15:31 AM »
I may sit in front of the computer most of each day but I'm not completely blind or oblivious to what happens in the house (regardless what others may insinuate). 

So when I looked out the window on my way to the kitchen and saw this, it really struck me as odd. Not Selma being outdoors, she's really more of an outdoors person than an indoors one (even if she doesn't love the outdoors like Rikard). But because she was reading a book.

Now, you have to understand that with me being both a bookworm and a self-employed author our house have masses and masses of books to dig into. And I have always tried to impart good reading habits whenever I spent time with the girls. I just never felt I was very successful with Selma.

When I went outside and asked her what she was reading, she told me it was a text about Sim Fu she'd gotten from he dad. Sim Fu! That's just like VJ to encourage her to more violent tendencies. Nest thing I know she will probably want to go to Shang Simla to learn more about it. But VJ will have to take her - I'm not getting on a plane!

As I suspected she was completely taken with the idea of becoming a Sim Fu King. I caught her practicing her moves alone in the garden, fighting ghosts or what not.

She also started to make up stories of how she went on adventures in foreign lands, adventures who often ended is long Sim Fu battles she managed to win. She scared that poor papergirl so much that she started taking on another paper route.

With her flair for the dramatic I started hoping that my daughter would go into acting, something creative like me. But that hope was crushed when I overheard her conversation with Rikard one night.

Selma: I don't know how she does it.
Rikard: What?
Selma: Sitting in front of the computer each and every day. I would go mental if it was me.
Rikard: Me too, unless the computer was outside, then I guess I could do it for a while.

Selma: I still don't think I could deal with it. When I become a YA I'm going to go far away from here.
Rikard: You can't move out, that's against the rules.
Selma: Who told you that?
Rikard: Mom, she's all about the rules, you know she has your mom agreeing with that too.
Selma: Hm, yeah, so moving is out. Oh, I get it! I know what I'll do.
Rikard: What?

Selma: I'll be just like her - then staying in this house won't suck so much.

I guess I have to accept the fact that my oldest daughter and husband are conspiring against me. Selma will walk her own path, I just hope she knows that once she makes her choice of SuperMax it's forever. Also, I told VJ that now when he started Selma down this road, he was responsible in keeping her on the right path- as mentioned earlier I will not go to Shang Simla, that's for sure!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 27: Sylvester makes a move
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2012, 05:50:51 AM »
Sometime after dark Sylvester's girlfriend Cari arrived.

Sylvester: Hey baby, looking good.
Cari: Thank you, you too.
Sylvetser: I have something for you.

Sylvester: So, did you like the flowers?
Cari:Stop talking and kiss me again.

Sylvester: ...but there really isn't much room for privacy at the house, so I thought we could spend some time here instead.
Cari:I like the way you're thinking.

Sylvetser: So...
Cari: So...

What ever Sylvester did, Cari seemed very happy. She snuck in to use the girls bathroom though, since Sylvester hadn't added one to his secret love nest.

And that's when VJ caught on to what had been going on and took exception.

VJ: You don't come to my house and take advantage of my boy like that!
Cari: But I was invited, besides he's a YA he can do whateve. Ow, stop, HELP!
VJ: Take that you user!

Once he felt he had put Cari in her place, and Sylvester had promised he wan't being used by her, VJ apologized and asked is he wanted to play tag. Really, who can resist such a  friendly offer. She quickly became his new best friend.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty-Chapter 27: Sylvester makes a move
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2012, 06:00:03 AM »
I love how Agnes is totally ignoring the fight behind her. :P

Excellent set of updates!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty-Chapter 27: Sylvester makes a move
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2012, 06:02:55 AM »
@RaiaDraconis

Me too. High free will is really hilarious some times. I just step back and watch and great things happen.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 28: Aged to perfection
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2012, 06:21:06 AM »
The morning kicked of quietly with Selma getting her teen sculpute done.

But the house was soon buzzing with the preparations for my elder birthday. This was a big deal and Agnes had pulled out all the stops. Chris made perfect dim sum after perfect dim sum for the guests to snack on, and Agnes tailored the guest list for maximum non-death and best friend potential (no point inviting to many old people - even if I was now joining their ranks).

VJ gave me flowers before the guests arrived, a private celebration with just me, VJ and the girls.

Klara *thinking* Is there something I missed. I did get all my pieces for the museum, right?

It was my last birthday, so I embraced it with enthusiasm.

But I still got a bit of a shock when the sparkles hit me.

And I aged up wearing something rather old fashioned. I know I was saying earlier about all my books being seen as historical fiction in the future, but I don't think I need to dress the part yet - do I?

I tried several different hairstyles, but none seemed quite right. Why mess with the original? And I am keeping the red! Have to look hot for my younger husband.

After experimenting with the hairstyles I felt it better just to go with a safe bet when it came to wardrobe choices, I guess I finally can call myself one of the Golden Girls.

Rikard and Selma kept to themselves most of the evening, sneaking looks at each other over the table. Like I don't know what that means!