Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261719 times)

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 49: Wedding Bells
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2012, 08:17:59 PM »
Beautiful!
From the boudoir bedroom (so cute to sort it out before) to the actual nuptials!
I'm sure Klara's critique on the speech was positive.
I've only just realised how much work a wedding party involves for the Watcher. Well done on taking fabulous pictures!  :D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 50: A wild night
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2012, 08:27:01 PM »
There had been a perfect wedding. But as a writer once said (don't ask me who, I only read it because mom nagged me) It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Once the guests started leaving me and Rikard settled down to watch the stars. We had come a long way from those two teenagers talking about prom so long ago.

Uncle Chris was enjoying the solitude by the pond when...

...the sparkles came for him.

Mom was there right away. No matter how much she always complained about uncle Chris, she was devastated by his passing.

But since he himself seemed happy to go, she was not as crushed as after Agnes passed. Or as I heard her mutter to dad "At least he knew how to do this right - and he'll see Agnes again." Yeah, there is no winning when it comes to my mother.

At the time we were blissfully unaware. But, having your bedroom on the ground floor, is not conductive to keeping you isolated from the outside world. And we were soon apprised of the sad event (loud wailing outside the window).

Since none of us could sleep we got some things done in the house. Mom got a wedding picture to hang in her study.

And I got one for my YA exhibit.

Once everyone had finally settled down again and went to bed - the burglar arrived. Needless to say, it was kind of a wild night.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 51: Mourning again
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »
The day after the happiest day of my life (I'm still allowed to think it was right?) I once again faced my pain the only way I knew how.

Sylvester went into denial and spent all his time with Cari. He wore a brave front but I overheard him crying on her shoulder about missing his parents, so I didn't really mind that he acted all cheerful. Actually, it was kind of nice to have someone brighten up the place.

Dad worked Rikard haggard in the garden, which is now larger than ever.

I battled my inner demons and fought for equilibrium, but the meditative side of Sim Fu is still what I struggle the hardest with. Dad gave me a zen mat, a place to go to find my focus. I keep it by the pool, since it's the quietest place on our lot. No one uses it unless there is a party (then the guests use it). 

It went so far that I convinced Rikard to spar with me to help me train for my upcoming tournament. However, I wasn't really focused and instead of landing a kick at Rikard, I landed myself on my butt.

That's when he decided he'd had enough. "I'm not going to do nothing while you push yourself till you get hurt" he calmly told me over dinner. "As your husband it's my job to make sure you take care of yourself, and if you can't do it yourself, I'll do it for you. I've booked a flight for us, tomorrow we are going on a real honeymoon, and you are going to get your mind of this tournament."

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 52: What normal people do
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2012, 08:56:20 PM »
As you might have guessed from the title, Rikard had decided we were going to do what "normal" people do on their honeymoon.

Here's his 3 step plan:
1. Go to Champs les Sims
2. Spend time enjoying each others company doing relaxing activities
3. Woho! (Come on! It's what all people do on their honeymoon, why should we be any different.)

And in the first days we played gnubb.

Ate late lunches at the Cantina Café.

And enjoyed a lot of number 3, that was my favorite.

Any dreams we had of the future were kept to ourselves.

And it was all fine and dandy, for the first few days. Then I became restless...

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 52: What normal people do
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2012, 09:07:22 PM »
So sorry to see Christopher passing over, but I'm easily consoled thinking that he is with his beloved Agnes now.
Maybe I should not say this - it seems an intrusion on privacy - but I do like Selma with her hair down.
Very nice honeymoon, but... Cliffhanger, much?  :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 52: What normal people do
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2012, 09:14:08 PM »
I do love me some cliffhangers. :P

I like her with the hair down too, actually more and more. But her everyday hairstyle is so good for the persona I'm trying to get for her - so she'll keep it. Seems only fitting that Rikard is the only one to see her with this softer side.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 53: What Auroras do
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2012, 09:22:36 PM »
Rikard: Explain to me again why we are in a tomb?
Selma: It was my turn to pick our relaxing activity.
Rikard: You call this relaxing?
Selma: Marriage is a partnership, now suck it up.
Rikard: Fine, but I'm not sticking my hand in that hole!
Selma: Come on honey, for me? I'll make it worth your while.

Selma: See, I told you it would be worth it.
Rikard: I'm still not convinced.
Selma: Why don't we go in the tent and I'll convince you some more?

Rikard: I'm still not convinced. Maybe you should try something else.
Selma: Let me tell you a story about a fair knight in distress and the daring damsel who saved the day.
Rikard: Is this a long story, becasue I'm getting tired here.
Selma: You see the beauty of this story isn't so much in how it's told, as in the moves accompanying it.
Rikard: Now I'm intrigued.

Selma: So, you liked my bedtime story?
Rikard: It was nice, but I still can't believe you made me sleep in this tomb.
Selma: Quit complaining, we both know you love it.
Rikard: Only if you help me find a better use for my mouth.
Selma: Come here my fair knight...
Rikard: ...as you like my daring damsel.

Rikard: Ah, treasure! I've found the dragons horde.

Selma: Hurry up my fair knight. I'm breaking us out of this cavern as we speak, the dragon is on to us.

Hm, maybe I over shared? Feel free to pretend you never read this if it made you feel uncomfortable - I'm of to save my fair knight again...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 54: A compromise of sorts
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2012, 09:39:58 PM »
I wasn't quite able to convince Rikard that exploring tombs was a normal honeymoon activity. On the other hand, it didn't want to spend all my time rushing around sightseeing, and playing gnubb at base camp.

Luckily we found a compromise (first fight averted) we went camping. Fresh air, delicious food and more stars that I could count.

That there were no other people around didn't hurt either.

It was nice to have time to just be together. With no one interrupting or asking questions. We spent some wonderful nights together.

Lost in each others eyes.

It made me realize just how hard I'd fallen for this fair knight.

And how lucky I was, that I had him to hold on to.

When we were at the campsite we lost track of time, and we still had a few things to do before heading home. So we said goodbye to our campsite - maybe we'll come back some day?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 55: Checking the list
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2012, 09:57:38 PM »
We suddenly realized we had lots to do, and not very much time to do it. So decided to spend one day working on our chores (coming home without having completed the things mom told us to do before leaving? Not something I'm willing to do.)

Rikard found his inner peace enough to zenport to an island in the river where he had heard rare grapes grew.

I helped too by acquiring some from the special merchant.

After that we went to the Nectary where Rikard picked up some more grapes, and I helped a local repair a nectar making machine. He was so happy that he gave me a great deal on nectar makers (but only if I would buy them in bulk). Luckily we still had some cash left.

While Rikard was tasting nectar I couldn't help but explore one of the pools, I found a diamond, and saw an awesome underwater reef. Who knew there's fish living in nectar? Nectar really is the water of life.

Mom had asked me to buy her some recipe books, but before we brought them home we decided to try them out. Frogs legs was the dish we were most skeptical about - but it passed the taste test and we're bringing it with us as well.

Our last day was spent at the art museum, we each had a sibling who would simply strangle us if we didn't report on what they were showing over here.

But we were not really talking about art.

We were thinking about the future.

Our future.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 56: Nooboo on the way
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2012, 05:34:49 AM »
I barely got in bed once we were back home before I started to feel ill.

The result was predictable, as was the conclusion. A nooboo on the way.

Since I still had time of from work because of the wedding, I invited my boss Lisa Bunch over, I asked and received a promotion - I'm just awesome like that.

I was on my way down to the bistro for a  celebratory lunch when this happened.

Can you believe the gall of the taxi driver? Leaving a pregnant woman at the side of the road like that. She obviously really hates kids, if they freak her out in uterus.

Also, me in pink - yeah now you've seen it. Don't get to used to it, it's just not my thing.

Since pregnant women aren't allowed to train or spar (really, why is that? I could so kick someones butt while carrying the next heir. Maybe they're just afraid to tell people they were beaten by a pregnant woman).

Anyway, it did give me time to work on my meditation hours. It's not as fun as working with the board breaker, but it was a lot more enjoyable when the ninja gnome joined me.

Luckily my workout wear was pink free.

I felt I gained a connection with the child during my meditation, and the aura was decidedly masculine. So, I decorated the nursery in blue.

It's my and Emelie's old room we converted. Emelie and Sylvester are sharing a room now, Sylvester is rarely home and Emelie works most of the time, so they don't seem to mind.

With us all keeping busy, we still took time to spend time in the family room at night. Emelie was the only one missing, she's got killer hours. Mom's ecstatic since she became a doctor, and she seems to like it despite all the work and homework she gets.

Time moved on, kind of slow I admit. I spent some quality time at the day spa. Sure Rikard could give me a massage, but Estrella at the spa is awsome at working my aching back.

I spent a lot of time in the nursery, hoping my baby boy would get acquainted with his room before his arrival.

I was contemplating getting something to eat when I felt something move.

It kind of hurt (don't tell mom I said that, I'm sticking to the story that I didn't feel a thing. It makes her all mad and she starts muttering about me being a "devil child". So what if I torture her a bit? I'm just paying her back for the bachelorette party).

Come on nooboo, will you arrive soon. I'm kind of bored now. Labor was looong.

Finally she arrived.
Yes, she! I was so surprised, I had got a distinct masculine feel. Like I said earlier, meditation is not my strong suit.

Rikard wanted to name her after his mother, but I refuse to have a child of mine be Agnes the second. So we reached a compromise (again) and named her Agnes Cecilia, Cecilia for everyday and Agnes Cecilia if she's not behaving.

She's a virtuoso and loves the outdoors.

Rikard:  Thank you for giving him a perfect girl.
Selma: You're welcome...wait I thought I was your perfect girl?

Rikard: You are perfect, but you are all woman. I have some flowers for you.
Selma: Thanks, and nice save.

Oh, and it turned out that Cecilia's favorite color is blue, so I got something right after all.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 56: Nooboo on the way
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2012, 06:23:03 AM »
That was a sweet update. I love the voice that you've given Selma. She is a very likable character.

Odd that her boss is her father's ex. :P

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 57: My biggest fan
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2012, 07:40:45 AM »
As much as I loved my baby girl (and it was a lot) I was relieved to finally be able to spar again. Rikard was working with me after breakfast when he told me he thought I was ready. Ready to go back to Shang Simla and win that tournament.

Besides, he said, it was better if I left while our girl was just a baby, once she became a toddler she was going to need me more. He was right of course, somehow he always steers me in the right direction.

Shang Simla was the same, peaceful and quiet, maybe too quiet, I should have brought someone with me.

That night in the Scholar's Garden I asked for strength to do what I had set out to do, because I didn't know if I could ever be away from my family again (maybe being a mother has made me softer?). And it seems someone heard my call for assistance.

The next morning I woke up with a familiar aroma in the air, daddy's french toast.

VJ: You didn't think I'd let you go off to fight for glory by yourself did you?
Selma: Foolishly, yes I did.
VJ: Selmaboo, you have to remember that I am your biggest fan. I could not not come support you.
Selma: I'm glad you're here dad.
VJ: Good, now finish your breakfast we've got a lot of preparing to do.

At the Academy we started out by finding our inner calm.

Then dad began to help me spar, as a Sim Fu King I'd have more of a chance to rise to the top.

Sim Fu cam be sweaty work, luckily we had shower-in-a-can.

Finally it was time for my 75th sparing match, daddy won. He's one tough old man. I'm so happy to have him as my coach.

And so began the challenges. I was highly motivated and wouldn't let anything stop me from reaching the title of Grand Master.

While waiting for competitors I worked on my meditation.

Sometimes I had trouble getting my competition to show up at the Academy. Dad says it's because they've heard about my skills and fear me - I simply think some are to lazy.

I had to hunt this man down at his house.

Of course, once I got him to spar with me - I was victorious.

Many late nights later I could almost see the tunnel at the end of light, or is that the light at the end of the tunnel? Anyway, point is, Just one woman was standing between me and victory.

She was as formidable as I remembered. She almost felled me with her mighty kick.

But I finally managed to put her in her place, and was declared Grand Master.

As the newest Grand Master I made my way to the top of the mountain that houses the Temple of Heaven. And like all the Grand Masters before me, I showed the world and the ancients why I was champion.

Back at base camp I served up some nectar and prepared to celebrate. Not only had I won the tournament, I had also completed my LTW. And, I only had 30 hours of meditation to do before I SuperMaxed Martial Arts. And nothing of this would have been possible without my dad.

Looking at dad I suddenly realized how old he'd become.

When I was younger I always thought he was invincible, he was always younger than mom, but now she was younger than him. It hit me that we wouldn't get so many more days together, and that every day spent with me here was one less day he could see mom or Emelie.

I knew it was time to go home.

I had got what I came here for, and dad deserved to spend his last days surrounded by family.

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 57: My biggest fan
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2012, 07:49:25 AM »
What a wonderful (and productive) honeymoon!
The adventures of the Fair Knight and his Daring Damsel were very entertaining.
Welcome, Cecilia! :)
Your fighting pictures are superb.
I felt touched by VJ's support and Selma's consideration of his old age.
Lovely updates!

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 57: My biggest fan
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2012, 07:53:30 AM »
yay, three updatse in a row! And great updates as well :)

Selma is just as formidable as her mother ;D And welcome, little Agnes II WHOOPS I mean Cecelia ;)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 58: Agnes Cecilia
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2012, 08:02:03 AM »
Rikard had enjoyed his time with Cecilia. How smart am I to snap up a man with the family oriented trait? 

One who understands my daughters love for the outdoors enough to give her a baby swing to spend her time in.

The days after my return we all relaxed and had fun for a change. The weekend was here and even Emelie had time of work. We celebrated with dancing.

All to soon it was time for my baby to become a little girl.

With a sigh I placed her on the ground for the sparkles to come - would she be like me or her father?

She's a beautiful mix of us both. With my bone structure, a darker blond than her fathers, but with his eye and lip shape. Her eyes are dark, dark grey or blue (we really can't tell).

She gained the rebellious trait to add to her virtuoso and loves the outdoors.

Her wardrobe reflects her love for blue.

Once we put Cecilia to bed we all spent some time in the family room, Cecilia was very quite and sweet seeming quite happy to be in her cribb.

Cecilia *thinking* I don't want to go to bed!

Cecilia *thinking* Just wait till I can stick it to the man. They won't know what hit them!

anything