Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261444 times)

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 78: Renovations
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2012, 01:41:27 PM »
All caught up... and wow! I need a moment to gather my thougts.
First of all, the break up with Claudio was superbly written. I loved all the arguments - some logical, some not - flying backwards and forth. I did a big 'O' when it became clear that Klara and Selma knew all the while what they were doing. Very clever ladies!
Well, hello Mr Aurora Hopper! You made my day. (His surname is a bonus in my honest, but humble opinion.)
Nooboo!!! Elise is one of my favourite names. It also represents two of my favourite pieces of music. This little girl is a winner!
So nice to see Rikard with her. What a wonderful grampa he is!
The house ... It made me gasp! Functionality and beauty entwined. You are seriously talented, Salty!  :D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 78: Renovations
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »
Thanks! The house is great to play in, there is just one tiny routing issue, and it's not really annoying at all. The only thing I was unsure about before building it was that I don't usually play houses with more than one story - but it has been working out great. I still haven't figured out how to decorate the upstairs living area, I think I'll have to wait till more people move up there before doing something with it. The party area works like a charm, I just lock all the doors to the back of the property and all the guests hang out and play gnubb or eat food.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 79: Grim makes a visit
« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2012, 02:52:44 PM »
Aunt Emelie only got to spend one afternoon in the renovated house before the sparkles came for her. We knew it was inevitable, we just didn't know it would happen so soon, she was only 93 days when she passed.

Luckily, or maybe unluckily, grandma Klara was right there when it happened.

She broke down, and kept crying for her little girl.

Grim, maybe sensing he wouldn't get any straight answer (or an autograph) from her this time either, went straight to the new reading room and picked out a freshly written novel.

Grim *thinking* Klara is such a great author, too bad I can't hang out here all the time. Maybe she'll autograph my own copy next time I'm here.

Sadly I wasn't there for Emelie's passing. I was riding my new awesome bus downtown.

Time to, you guessed it, sort the section again. We really have to do something about the manager at the bookstore.

We were all deeply affected by Emelie's death. Mom said she felt like part of herself had gone missing (they had shared their whole lives together after all) and dad kept muttering "it should have been me, I'm the older one". The only one not affected by all the sadness was Elise. She was her usual perky and excited self.

Grandma spent most of her time reading to Elise, she says it's the only way she can keep aunt Emelie off her mind. It doesn't really hurt Elise, so I let them spend time together, reading the same books over and over.

Klara: This is how you paint a still life.
Elise: Still! Life!
Klara: And this is how you paint a portrait.
Elise: Portrait!

The days passed and soon we didn't miss Emelie as much. Life goes on.

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 79: Grim makes a visit
« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »
Emelie!  :-\
Where was Selma when this happened?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 79: Grim makes a visit
« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2012, 03:15:18 PM »
She was at work. She's keeping her job, since it lets her get out of the house so often.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 80: Elise becomes a child
« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2012, 04:53:42 AM »
This weeks birthday celebrations kicked off with me and Racheal becoming adults, with all the midlife crisis glory that comes with this transition.

I was first to the cake.

Elise: WANT OLD MOM BACK!

Elise wasn't impressed with my new hairstyle, so she screamed her head of. But on the bright side she managed to make a complete sentence. It was about time! My midlife crisis wasn't so bad, I just had to change back to my old hairstyle and I felt great again.

Racheal came straight from her sculpting station to the cake. As you will see later, her midlife crisis was more dramatic.

Later that night she invited her friend Giles Ismael over, for a private celebration.

He's married with two daughters, but she didn't let that stop her. And when she's feeling frisky, any man is fair game (except for my Donell, she has some boundaries).

The next day it was time for Elise's child birthday. If only we can find her to bring her to the cake. Wait, there she is.

I can't believe how fast she is growing up!

She has my eye color and her fathers eye shape. The face shape is mostly me, but not quite as wide, and she's become *gasp* rather "girly". You could almost think she isn't my daughter at all! She gained the lucky trait to add to her friendly and excitable ones.

What she loves most of all is to preside over the royal court, and if she had her will, she'd wear her "royal" clothes to school too. Just like she wears them all the time at home.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 81: Racheal sees results
« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2012, 05:24:32 AM »
The first day of school can be scary, and Elise was very nervous. I remembered how nervous I had been, and tried to get her to calm down. By the time she had settled on the bus she was more relaxed, she works herself up so easily, I hope that won't be a problem in school.

Racheal was feeling a little under the weather after her night with Giles.

Which probably explains why the statue she was making of me turned out this way.

Mom was upset she missed the passing of Emelie, and decided to take some time of work to spend with dad. They locked themselves in their bedroom and I could hear a lot of giggling from there. I just hope them keep it down by the time Elise comes home from school. We aren't ready to have "that" discussion with her yet.

After the sculpting fiasco grandma sent Racheal to the spa to help her feel better. This was the result - nooboo! Grandma and mom are looking forward to another little one. Put a nooboo in a swing and the elders are entertained for the whole day.

Racheal: I wanted you to be the first to know, I'm having a nooboo! I'm so excited!

Klara: Wonderful news, don't forget to eat plenty of apples, I've heard they make sure the baby is healty. *thinking* And of the proper gender.

Days passed. Elise was doing great in school, and once she got home she worked on her painting skill. When ever I asked her if she wanted to have friends over or play on the playground she'd say "Sure! As soon as I've tried this new colour/technique/shade first". She's a strange child.

Dad spent a lot of time out by the pond. He says it's the perfect place to contemplate his mortality, since this is where his own father passed away. I don't really like to listen to him talk like that, but at least it sounds like he's at peace with what is to come. Hopefully not in a very long time.

I was working diligently towards maxing my career and the guitar skill. After yet another stint at the bookstore to sort the section (new management wasn't the solution I hoped for) I usually napped for a while before going to work. Don't judge! It cuts down on my commute time.

Despite my complaints about Elise doing nothing but painting, she actually takes some time each day to do child stuff (other than presiding over the royal court).

After that first mishap with my sculpture, Racheal hasn't let her pregnancy get in the way of completing our museum pieces.

This is Elise's exhibit. Dad went with her to the park for photos.

And this is mine.

You might be wondering what my darling Donell has been doing? He's actually the painter of out fine portraits, and he's also busy working on his photography skill. Even if I don't like thinking of my father passing away, I thought it was prudent to be prepared. I think I've become a conformist in my old age.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 81: Racheal sees results
« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2012, 07:09:28 AM »
LOL at Rachael making a birthday wish with her chisel in her hand.
Elise is a pretty child. It will be great to have an immortal painter.
Cia a conformist? Never...  :P

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 82: It's a boy!
« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2012, 07:38:28 AM »
Having a master guitarist in the house means the family always has something to entertain themselves with. Mom loves to listen to my performances. This day, however, another performance was underway outside.

Racheal was ready to give birth to her chid. The pain was excruciating.

Her screams even made Donell step away from his paintings (he's at level 6 of the painting career by now).

She said it was all worth it though, when little Simon entered the world. He's an evil genius and I think we can expect interesting things from him in the future. His mother is very, very proud, and tired.

Dad continues to be Elise's favorite. He's teaching her to play rock, paper, scissors and lets her win every time.

And not a day goes by without them telling each other ghost stories before bed. I was worried first that Elise would have trouble sleeping, but she hasn't had a nightmare yet.

There aren't as many children in school with Elise as there were with me. She only has two classmates, and this Saturday she invited them over for a pyjama party. The girl's name is Nicki and the boy's name is Troy. He's mean spirited so they shouldn't get along so well. But since my daughter is such a friendly person she makes friends where she shouldn't be able to.

They had a great time playing gnubb, blue against purple, and Elise picked blue? Instead of having the kids sleep over I sent them home at ten, Elise was almost falling asleep standing up, and that boy was behaving inappropriately.

Simon has been a (evil) ray of sunshine ever since he arrived, and spends most of his time in the baby swing. Where he always get's lots of attention from any adult passing through the living room.

And because time really is precious, mom and dad spend most of their evenings watching the stars.

Simon became a toddler while Elise was at school.

He has his fathers red hair and his mothers grey eyes. The eye color goes all the way back to great grandma Agnes if I'm not mistaken.

Offline leyyla

• Nooboo
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »
Yay!! An evil genius nooboo! Never had an evil child in my game, so i wonder how that'll work out.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 83: A teen, a toddler and a ghost
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2012, 08:17:09 AM »
Early next morning Elise had her teen birthday.

She is a lot skinnier than any of her relatives, she takes after her father.

Elise: OMG! I totally need a makeover!

She *sigh* went all "girly" again. She's a nice mix of both our genes, but I think she mostly takes after me. We have the same mouth and eye color after all.

She decided to spend her first day as a teenager hanging around the house and watching TV with the family. OK, I take it all back. She does most deffinately not take after me - I would never have spent a day as a teenager is such a lame way.

And in the afternoon she went all crazy doing, you guessed it, more painting.

Like I said, nothing like me. Donell doesn't seem as concerned about her lack of rebellion as I am, he says it was inevitable that with two rebellious parents she would choose one of two extremes. Either trying to be even more rebellious than us, or becoming a good girl. Seems she chose to become good (and rather boring).

Simon's toddler years sped by with Racheal teaching him to walk.

And dad helping out with the potty training. He loves toddlers, I sometimes wish we had given Elise a brother or sister, just because of the joy it would bring dad.

He also taught Simon to speak.

Rikard: I want you to remember three things.
Simon:Three.
Rikard: First, you'll have to help protecting the people of this house.
Simon: Fight!
Rikard: No, protect.
Simon: Fight! Fight! Fight!
Rikard: OK, we'll revisit this when you're older.

Rikard: Secondly, always do your homework.
Simon: Why?

Rikard: Because, if you don't do your homework, you'll miss the parties.
Simon: Parties?
Rikard: Yes, parties. And believe me, this family knows how to throw an epic party. You won't want to miss it!

A few minutes after he imparted his wisdom on Simon, the sparkles came for dad.

At first I didn't understand what was going on, but Donell realized it right away.

I couldn't believe my dad was gone! Mom was really upset too, she was away at work when it happened. Maybe she planned it that way? Once she got home she went straight for her room and we didn't see her for 24 hours. In the end I think she took it better than grandma did when grandpa VJ died.

To make it all worse, Grim seemed extremely pleased to see me. He even had the gall to ask for an autograph! Grandma said she'd handle him, I just wasn't up to it at that point.

Grim didn't take to kindly to being told off, apparently he thought we would appreciate him joking around to lighten the mood. Like we always suspected. Grim has no sense of humor.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2012, 08:26:04 AM »
Yay!! An evil genius nooboo! Never had an evil child in my game, so i wonder how that'll work out.

I'm sure it will be fine. As long as no one has the good trait it's never been much of a problem for me.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 84: Guitar star
« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2012, 10:16:12 AM »
A few hours after grim left taking dad with him I got a call asking me to Raise the fun(d) at the local coffee shop. This would be my tenth guitar opportunity, the others having rolled in regularly since Elise became a toddler. I just really wished dad had been able to see me achieve this.

As I stepped out of the coffee shop I took some time to think about dad, before celebrating that I now had SuperMaxed the guitar skill (and I have 12 days till I become an elder!). The Ops I did were:

sorting the section*3
tons of tips*1
raise the fun(d)*2
in the end*2
I got your back...up*1
local musician showdown*1

The drama never ends at our house. I had just gotten into bed after the performance when we were all woken up by the burglar alarm. Apparently the burglars thought tonight was a good night to check out the Guitar stars house.

I guess we were all drowsy from lack of sleep, because instead of watching the police fight with the burglar we all started discussing the new flowerbed behind the wedding arch. Maybe we all need to get out more?

Dad never got to teach Simon that third thing he was talking about. Racheal tried her best, but Simon just wouldn't listen.

Simon: I like to party, party.
Racheal: Let's talk about someting else for a change.
Simon: Paaaaartyyyyyy!
Racheal: I guess you really like parties, huh.

Sometimes she'd put him in the highchair just to get some peace. He looked adorable there, and whenever he threw a tantrum he became fiendishly delighted by our annoyance.

As for me, I had a wish to host ten parties, and used my mornings to god effect by inviting my colleagues over for some food and music. Here I play one of my favorites about Pa and a bear.

Like me, Simon enjoys making music. And he also uses the parties to great effect, when it comes to getting an audience to perform to.

Simon might be a genius, but when his mother brandishes the Claw of death - he squeals like a baby.

Elise has started out her teen years without any mood swings so far. She is still the only girl on the bus in the mornings, and still hasn't met any of her new classmates.

Yesterday she went on a field trip to the grave yard, and she took the time to mourn her grandfather. She was the only one there, unless you count her teacher.

I had really hoped that she'd meet some people at school. I had a great time in school (unless you count my scary teacher) and had hoped for her to have a similar experience.

I rarely see Elise at all after school. Grandma has built her a private skilling area at the back of the property, and she spends all her time there, painting.

Here are pictures of Elise's teen museum exhibit.

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 84: Guitar star
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2012, 01:06:44 PM »
I've never commented on your landscaping skills before. But every update I think the same thing. The flowers and plants everywhere are gorgeous. (The pond area is amazing too.)
Simon looks very cute.
I can't remember how far blood-ties go in the game. Is he Elise's relative or an acquaintance?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 84: Guitar star
« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2012, 01:09:43 PM »
Congrats on that guitar supermax!

Simon is just the cutest.

anything