Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261460 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 84: Guitar star
« Reply #180 on: October 06, 2012, 01:22:01 PM »
I've never commented on your landscaping skills before. But every update I think the same thing. The flowers and plants everywhere are gorgeous. (The pond area is amazing too.)
Simon looks very cute.
I can't remember how far blood-ties go in the game. Is he Elise's relative or an acquaintance?

Simon is Sylvester's grandson, so i would say that they are great-great cousins or something like that. The game does not recognize them as related anyway.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 85: Excited about Prom night
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2012, 04:49:21 AM »
You are watching the hottest pop star Sunset Valley has ever seen! That's right, I only have one career level to go before finishing up all my requirements.

Donell was waiting up for me, and we celebrated together. Not a bad way to spend a Friday night, what do you say?

Saturday mornings mean being lazy, sleeping in and just enjoying yourself. Simon has finished learning all his toddler skills and can now play to his hearts content.

Elise spent the morning doing *sigh* more painting.

After lunch she started to get ready for prom. She had a shower, and changed into her formal wear. I tried to tell her it would be hours before the limo arrived (I've ordered one for her). She didn't ask any of her classmates to the prom, there simply isn't anyone in school she's clicked with.

She drank some juice (food could spill and ruin her perfect dress) while she waited.

Then she took a nap, so she wouldn't be to tired to enjoy herself. Really, she wasted practically a whole day preparing for prom, I just don't get her sometimes.

This is one very happy girl.

She told me that once in the limo the nerves started to take over, would something horrible happen? Would *gasp* someone be wearing the same dress?

Fortunately, she had a wonderful time. They played her favorite song, she got voted prom queen and every wardrobe malfunction she saw didn't involve her dress.

She has also been blushing a lot and talking to a Gregory on the phone, we suspect he's a boy she met, but she isn't telling us anything.

Oh, sorry. We were just entertaining ourselves until Elise got back from prom.

Elise didn't want to speak to me about Gregory, but she did let slip some things to Racheal (she makes a great interrogator). Apparently Gregory is an older boy who just moved here from Starlight Shores, he's apparently very "cool". I'm not sure how I feel about this Gregory person. We might have to invite him over to check him out.

While Racheal did her thing I polished the music box collection. We were recently able to get a gnome music box and now have a complete collection. Grandma is very happy.

Speaking of grandma, grandpa has recently been very active at the graveyard. He spends most nights meditating in the bushes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 86: Tradgedy
« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2012, 05:12:22 AM »
Some days are seared into your mind forever because of what happens, weather it be good or bad, you will always remember and that memory will change how you see the world and plan for the future.

We all thought of that Monday as any other day, with any other party. I was playing guitar as usual, Elise was at school, Simon was playing with the pegbox and the rest of the household were doing whatever they wanted.

We never even realized what had gone wrong before it was too late.

Apparently Racheal had decided to give sculpting in metal a go, and despite the shower standing next to her, she wouldn't go in it even as she burned. Grim showed up as soon as she turned into ashes.

She thanked him for her time on this world, and for letting her stay long enough to give birth to Simon. And then she vanished into her tombstone.

The worst part? No one knew she was gone! We all partied on as if nothing had happened, I danced with my husband and enjoyed myself, when my best friend had just died on the other side of our garden wall. That is the one thing I can't forgive myself for. That I wasn't there for her in the end.

The only reason we know what transpired between Grim and Racheal is because Grim had a chat with grandma before he left. Apparently they were talking a lot about me, I guess they listen to a lot of music wherever the Grim's live too.

That same night it was time for Simon to become a child. I'm so sorry Racheal was not able to experience this day. But we will make sure to help raise Simon as a family, he'll make her proud some day.

Simon gained the perceptive trait and is a very handsome child. He as his mothers warm grey eyes and likes yellow and black.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 87: Dealing with the changes
« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2012, 07:14:22 AM »
With his mother dying just before he aged up to a child, it was only expected that Simon would act out a bit.

Setting booby traps were his favorite way to prank us, and his favorite victim?

Elise.

She was less than amused by being saddled with a younger "cousin" as we referred to him (we had to tell the social workers something when they came to investigate Simon's living situation.

She no longer had to ride all alone on the bus.

Elise *thinking* Please let no one from school see me with Simon. Why does he have to go on the same bus as me? Could he embarrass me more?
Simon: What are you looking at?

After the horrible way Racheal left us we wanted to help Simon build relationships with his mothers siblings. Wanda screamed loudly when she heard the news about Racheal, or maybe that was just someone scaring her, we'll never know.

What I do know is that from that day forward she spent a lot of time at our house. It was doubly convenient since she was also my boss, and a good relationship with her would help me become a rock star faster.

Time went and I resumed throwing parties every morning. I got very good at playing guitar, and I didn't even make them tip me when they listened to me play at the house.

Simon had a few troubled days when he had nightmares, this led to him looking for monsters under the beds, and him being even more scared. Thankfully he grew out of that pretty quick.

I some ways I think the days after Racheal's passing were hardest in Donell. Not because they had been particular close, but because it meant that he had to race to complete 25 ice sculptures in time to sculpt both me and Elise. Grandma Klara gave him a wondrous device called a moodlet manager to help him. 

When I asked to borrow it she told me it is only to be used in emergencies, it's one of her so called contingency plans.

Elise has spent a lot of time with grandma, and they are always whispering about plans and skill supermaxes. I know we aren't so close, even though I think we get along better than I did with my mother when I was her age, but it still annoys me that she can talk to her great-grandma but not me. Mom has expressed some concerns as well, apparently she is not sure grandma is leading Elise down the right path.

Today Elise revealed the secret grandma and her have been discussion for some time now. She has decided to become a Renaissance Sim, and her goal is to max photography, painting and sculpting. All so that we'll never be in a similar situation as when Racheal died again.

I think it's very ambitious of her, but maybe to much so? I don't want her to spend so much time skilling that she forgets to have a life outside this house. Grandma tells us she can become self-employed just like her.

I think mom would be more upset if she wasn't so busy playing with Simon.

I would to if I weren't so busy celebrating becoming a rock star! That's all of my requirements done, all that's left are the museum pieces. And once Donell have finished them, I can have my husband back. I miss him!

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 87: Dealing with the changes
« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2012, 07:30:43 AM »
I realised, I somehow missed a few updates last time. So sorry about that.
R.I.P. Rikard! He was a wonderful husband and a great grandfather.
Cia has done so well with all her requirements! Guitar isn't an easy supermax, but it seems like she breezed through it.
The tragedy with Rachael made me gasp. That was totally unexpected and very sad indeed.
I'm really warming to Simon. He's so cute.
Elise seems a sweetheart and it was nice to see Selma again.
Great updates! :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 87: Dealing with the changes
« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2012, 07:37:49 AM »
Racheal's death really threw me, I was just setting everyone up for the party when all of a sudden the camera zoomed to the sculpting station. She must have snuck in there and started a metal sculpture the minute i turned the camera away. Had I known she was sculpting I would never have taken my eye of her!

It also forced me to rework my strategy, and Cia barely got to spend time with Donell for over a week. Poor her!

But Simon is cute, and he gets even better looking the older he gets.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 88: Elise takes over
« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2012, 08:28:16 AM »
Once she made it to rock star mom finally agreed to relinquish the keyboard and let me tell a part of the story. Just because I'm not rebellious like her, and prefer spending my time doing more productive things than staying out after curfew (yeah, mom, I've read about your teenage years), doesn't mean I have no opinions of my own.

But mom has always been a bit of a drama queen, and we all knew she would be rather insufferable until she'd made it to immortal, so grandma K took me and Simon out of the house for the day. Grandma S decided to go with us before going off to work.

We left mom at home to brood about the meaning of meaning or something like that, actually I think she was just reminiscing about aunt Racheal. She really misses her, and mom takes all social things very seriously. After growing apart from one of her friends she went around complaining she was feeling completely desolate. "I might die, unless someone pays some attention to me!" She said. Honestly, you could think she was a diva, the way she goes on and on about herself.

Poor dad was still sculpting, he hasn't had a proper meal for several days. I hope he finishes soon, because I miss spending time with him.

Anyway, first we went to the theater, I had a great time, and the popcorn was delish! Simon complained a lot. He is super annoying! I almost wanted to ask grandma S to take him home before going off to work, but that would be mean so I pretended like I didn't care. Sometimes I think he does things just to annoy me. 

After watching the show at the theater Simon got to pick what we would be doing next. He wanted to tour the Science facility. It was boring, but Simon was excited because he got to see someone feeding a cow plant. Now all he talks about is getting one, but I hope that wont happen. (I've heard they eat sims!)

After that we all went to see mom's concert, it was very crowded and people were screaming her name over and over. I guess she get's all the attention she could want at work. The show was good, and we were exhausted by the time we got home.

Dad aged up when we were away. He hadn't reminded anyone it was his birthday, because he didn't want to be interrupted by a party. He is halfway to becoming an ice personality now.

The days raced by. Soon mom, me and Simon would all have our next birthday (on the same day too) and I really needed to study hard if I was going to become valedictorian. Mom didn't get it, because she was more interested in skipping school than studying for tests. I'm not going to be like her, I'm planning for a very ambitious LTW, and I need to be prepared for hard work. Besides, the ribbon will look great in my museum.

Simon took the time to really enjoy being a kid while we were all busy. When we didn't spend as much time together he wasn't as insufferable as before. It's a good thing that the playground on Summer Hill Court is so close to the house, that means no grownup has to go with him to supervise. 

He liked searching for evil doings from the playground. He was delighted that his plan to lock the horses out of the TV room was working.

From the tree house he could see into the second floor windows of the old Alto mansion. A new family called Linder has moved in. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, they don't have any children.

He also spent ages building sandcastles because, as he told grandma S, destroying them are so much fun!

Mom continued to host parties to keep her friendships strong. She even invited a few new people in order to make things more interesting. She has eleven best friends now, not counting anyone in the family (or Simon).

Speaking of Simon, he's a little bit more tolerable now when he's started to show an interest in painting. At least we'll have something to talk about in the future, that's good right?

Yesterday, I saw grandma K prepare a serving of ambrosia and store it in the replicator. So, I guess everything is set for mom gaining immortality as soon as the museum pieces are done.

Now I have to get ready for the party. I'm becoming a YA very soon. Yay! I'm so excited!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 89: Cecilia becomes an elder
« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2012, 09:08:30 AM »
Mom prefers to be called Cia, but to me Cecilia suits her much more. Maybe I can talk her into using her full name (all right, half her full name) once she becomes immortal?

We had a birthday party for all of us, but mostly mom, since all the people there were her friends. That's Simon's dad behind her with the red scarf. Mom was a bit nervous once the sparkles hit her, but she was very happy about keeping her hairdo.

And once she had her old hair color back she was ready to rock. Her wardrobe is a blend of dignified an tough (at least that's what she told me).

Simon was next. After a quick change of hairstyle and some new clothes (keeping the yellow) he doesn't look half bad He gained the loves the outdoors trait.

He took the opportunity to talk to his dad. Apparently, Giles didn't know about Simon and the talk did not go well, maybe that's why he's looking so sad.

After having averted a near fight between Simon and his father it was almost midnight by the time I blew out my own candles. All the guests had left, which was good, since I prefer having only family around anyway.

I'm pretty happy about my new look. I have a whole new wardrobe of purple clothes that mom call "girly" and added savvy sculptor to my friendly, excitable, lucky and artistic traits.

Grandma S worries about me being to skinny, but I keep telling her that I was just built this way, and she shouldn't worry to much about it. Maybe having a child will change things, or it wont. I have more important things to worry about than whether or not I should be less skinny. I have three skills to max, one to SuperMax and need more stock to bring to the consignment store.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 90: Elise graduates
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2012, 09:36:04 AM »
Today is graduation, and thankfully dad get's to step away from the sculpting block long enough to come with us to City Hall. I'm very happy, it really wouldn't be the same without him.

We ride down in mom's new limo. I wish it was purple, but pink isn't bad at all.

Once we get to City Hall, I'm so nervous I can barely walk in the doors. What if I don't become Valedictorian? What if something has gone terribly wrong and my final test scores have gone missing forcing me to retake the final exams? Mom just tells me to snap out of it. Then she pushes me through the door. Sometimes, she's right. (But don't tell her I admitted to that!)

You are looking at Sunset Valley's latest Valedictorian. I made it! I graduated with highest honors and managed to be voted most popular. I totally thought I was going to get most artistic by a new girl managed to nab that one. It only stings a bit, at least I was more popular!

We went straight to Old Pier Beach from City Hall. Mom and I shared a quick drink and had a moment of bonding. I know how much this place means to mom, this is where her life started to get on the right track.

Who else, but Simon, should come and ruin the moment. Mom and me were bonding, and he just walks up and starts to drink what mom just made. Isn't he to young to drink anyway?

When we got home dad started working on moms museum pieces, he told me as soon as he's finished with my and mom's exhibits he hopes not to see a sculpting station in a very long time.

As for myself, I took the time to enjoy some ice cream. Grandma S gave me this really nice ice cream maker, and I've been enjoying it ever since.

And then it was time to start sculpting. That's what I finally decided would be my SuperMax. I prefer to paint mostly for fun, and having to SuperMax it would really take most of the fun out of it, and photography isn't really something I'm super into, so sculpting it is!.

Here's mom's elder exhibit for the museum. Gnubb is practically her second favorite thing to do, so it's only fitting she is showing off her skills in the photo.

This is my new bedroom by the way. It's where mom and dad used to live, right next to the nursery.

They moved their room upstairs and can I say, their view is awesome.

And dad finally had a makeover!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 91: Food of the Gods
« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2012, 09:45:56 AM »
Mom had her ambrosia the next afternoon. She and I were the only ones in the kitchen and she was rather nervous. I don't think I've seen her nervous before.

Cecilia: Have you checked the list?
Elise: It's all done mom, you're in the clear.
Cecilia: Check it again.
Elise: I've checked it five times already. Go on eat it.

Once she'd finished the meal (which tasted OK) there were sparkles. She claimed it felt good, but why was she crossing her eyes then?

Cecilia: Ah, I feel rejuvenated! I'm going to the beach, will you tell your father where I've gone.
Elise: Sure, but don't you want to celebrate with the family?
Cecilia: I just, I need some me time OK?
Elise: Off to brood some more?
Cecilia: Maybe, you'll understand when it's your turn.

Mom later told me she'd gone down to the beach and just sat there. All the stress she'd collected over the past days just rolled of her shoulders and she was not only feeling younger, she felt light as a feather. Ambrosia, yes it's the food of the gods.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
The Third Immortal
« Reply #190 on: October 07, 2012, 10:13:39 AM »

Name: Agnes Cecilia Aurora Hopper

LTW:
Rock Star

Career: Rock Star

MaxSkill: Guitar

Building: Wilson Community Theater
Property: Old Pier Beach

LTRs:
1. Clean Slate
2. No Bills Ever
3. Clone Voucher

Best Friends:
1. Wanda Ursine
2.Claudio Suares
3. Tomika Keyes
4. Nick Collanzo
5. Jarvis Marrero
6. Kate Benton

Opportunities:
1. Tons of tips
2. The rockiest road that is rock
3. Sorting the section
4. A skilled guitarist
5. In the end
6. I got your back ... up

Portraits/museum exhibits:

Toddler

Child

Teen

Young Adult

Adult

Elder

Joanne

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - The Third Immortal
« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2012, 11:53:32 AM »
Congratulations on your third immortal!

SimBlip

« Reply #192 on: October 07, 2012, 12:09:19 PM »
Another delightful series of updates!  :)
I enjoyed all the child pics of Simon, and thinks he looks great as a teenager. There is definitely something of Agnes in him.
I feel sorry that his efforts to befriend his father fell on stony ground.
Congrats to Elise for graduating with the highest honours. Such a clever girl!
Her choice for supermax surprised me somewhat. I've always considered painting easier than sculpting. Good on her, though! She will, I imagine, supermax painting too at some stage.
Your new strategy - after poor Rachael's demise - is paying off! Donnell is a hero in my humble opinion.
The new bedrooms look luxurious and super comfy.
I just love the picture of Agnes Cecilia aka Cia contemplating her life and new life stage at the beach. There is something whistful, yet totally content about her.
Congratulations on your Third Immortal!!!  :D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: October 08, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »
Thank you for your kind words.

I'm a bit sad to have Cia become immortal, I actually had to take a break from playing for a few days. She was so much fun, and I just didn't connect as much with Elise first, but she's growing on me.

Donell was a true hero of the sculpting station, he didn't even have a single skill point in sculpting, but one moodlet manager and 5 sim days later he'd finnished 25 ice sculptures. I was impressed. It's going to be hard to resist using the moodlet manager now, but I'm trying to see if I can do things without it. I'll just have it as a contingency for now.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 92: A secret love
« Reply #194 on: October 09, 2012, 08:49:47 AM »
For someone without an artistic bone in his body, Simon is rather good at painting. He tells me grandma K has asked him to reach level 7 of painting before he becomes an adult. We have become good friends from all the time we have spent painting together. We can actually talk to each other now, not just trade veiled insults.

He's so nice to grandma K, they get along great (but why wouldn't they? Mom claims she's always had a soft spot for evils sims since grangpa VJ was one).

Not a day goes by without the two of them conspiring in a corner.

Now, I want to introduce you to my special someone. But, you can't tell anyone at the house, I want to keep him all to myself for a while. We meet at the Consignment Store, because I can go there all the time without raising suspicion.

We have even been talking about getting married, but Gregory want's to wait a bit. I don't really mind, I have a lot of skilling and sculpting to get through before I feel like I'm making progress towards my requirements, and it's nice to have him to myself for a while longer.

The best part of Gregory? He's family oriented, and grandma S always told me family oriented sims make the best husband. Grandpa Rikard was one, and he was awesome, so I guess she's right!

I simply couldn't keep the secret any longer! Gregory asked me to be his girl, and I just had to tell someone. I couldn't tell any of the women of the house (come on, the'd insist on me bringing him over straight away) and Gregory is still insisting we keep our relationship a secret. So, I told Simon. We are friends after all, and I made him promise not to spill.

I thought he would be happier for me, but he mostly looked a bit concerned.

He said he'd heard some gossip about Gregory's past. I didn't know if I wanted to listen to it or not, but he just said he'd find out more before telling me. He's so cute when he's trying to look out for me. Besides, I'm sure there isn't anything bad to find out about Gregory, so what can it hurt?

To show him I wasn't upset I challenged him to a pillow fight, it was fun and a good way to release some tension. Besides, how can I pass up an opportunity to bang him on his head with a pillow? I have to give him some pay back for all those pranks he used to play on me.

Besides, I didn't want to go inside, dad was finally released from his sculpting duty, and he and mom hadn't come up for air in ages. I didn't want Simon to be permanently scarred by what he might see. (By the way, dad's sculpting uniform is not cool).