Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 263713 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 164: The word in school was...
« Reply #480 on: November 03, 2012, 04:17:31 PM »
Cary's a really cute sim.
Could you maybe make a copy of your game and save him into your sim bin? He looks like he'd be an interesting one to play, you know?
Haha, Greta really is quite a character! Was it intentional that each mother doesn't connect with their child that well?

I didn't intend for it to happen, it just kind of evolved by itself. Once Klara became crazy pregnant lady I went down that road, and now it is just easier to roll with it. Besides, I didn't want to get into the whole, why should I do this immortality thing, and I don't have any cool back story as to why they are trying to complete an ID, so it adds a nice bit of drama. Besides, it makes the Auroras more relate-able, who hasn't disagreed with their parents at some point, right?

I might be able to go back some saves (each save is a new file for me, and I have around 150 on my portable drive, he should be in there somewhere). Do you want him?

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #481 on: November 03, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
I'd quite like to see all the Auroras in Swap Shop. I'd just love to play some of them! And possibly the house too?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #482 on: November 03, 2012, 04:35:27 PM »
I might consider them all. The house too, but I will need to delete a bunch of objects to make it a little less laggy - it takes forever to load right now.

Anyway, it's something I might get to once I've actually managed to complete the ID, don't want to jinx it.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #483 on: November 03, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »
I didn't intend for it to happen, it just kind of evolved by itself. Once Klara became crazy pregnant lady I went down that road, and now it is just easier to roll with it. Besides, I didn't want to get into the whole, why should I do this immortality thing, and I don't have any cool back story as to why they are trying to complete an ID, so it adds a nice bit of drama. Besides, it makes the Auroras more relate-able, who hasn't disagreed with their parents at some point, right?

I might be able to go back some saves (each save is a new file for me, and I have around 150 on my portable drive, he should be in there somewhere). Do you want him?

I would love to have him, he's a cute one.  ;)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #484 on: November 03, 2012, 04:59:51 PM »
I might consider them all. The house too, but I will need to delete a bunch of objects to make it a little less laggy - it takes forever to load right now.

Anyway, it's something I might get to once I've actually managed to complete the ID, don't want to jinx it.

Of course, I want the complete set  :P
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #485 on: November 03, 2012, 11:52:36 PM »
Hm, Greta is quite the player. Did she roll the Heartbreaker LTW by chance? :P

Cary is adorable! I do hope he's the one that turns out to be the father of the final heir. :) We shall see though. It looks like Greta is keeping her possibilities open. :P

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #486 on: November 04, 2012, 03:40:55 AM »
Hm, Greta is quite the player. Did she roll the Heartbreaker LTW by chance? :P

I was actually trying to get it to pop, hence the somewhat crazy dating schedule. But no luck so far, maybe her heart just isn't in it?

The new attraction system is a lot of fun, Cary is the only one she had to ask to meet up, even Shauna asked her for a date. Before starting to yell at her... I never play a heart breaker kind of sim, so I'm exploring my options and poor Greta has to come along for the ride.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #487 on: November 04, 2012, 08:27:23 AM »
Salty, I removed my previous comment and apologize for being judgmental.  :-[
I do like Greta and her shenanigans.
Fabulous updates! :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #488 on: November 04, 2012, 08:53:28 AM »
Salty, I removed my previous comment and apologize for being judgmental.  :-[

Don't feel bad, I don't think I would approve of her actions in real life either.

So far nothing with Greta has turned out as expected, I'm so glad I don't make up detailed plans for what is going to happen  in my dynasties, because if I did, I would make myself crazy trying to make things go the right way.

Louise56

« Reply #489 on: November 04, 2012, 10:39:14 AM »
Greta will get quite a reputation lol. It is funny to read about her adventures. Lucky for us sims is nothing like real life. :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 165: Next time - I pick where we meet up
« Reply #490 on: November 04, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »
Congratulations dad! You've finally managed to become a famous composer, and just in time for retirement too. Dad thought turning 90 days justified him stepping down and letting new talent taking over. I don't think there ever will be someone as talented as my dad.

What? You thought I got all my brilliance from mom? That's just a lie she told you, dad's my biggest influence. And he's going to help me become a movie star or an astronaut or a doctor or whatever else I decide to do, because he always has my back.

After the celebration we went back to our usual Sunday activities. I worked on my athletics skill with grandma S.

Dad did what so many other retired men do, he took up a golf club.

Mom was down in her cellar working on cracking that buggy Vizard of Vine.

Grandma F was sliding and ducking golf balls.

Grandma E worked in her studio, and hammered away at huge stone blocks.

Grandma C did some gardening, er, playing in the sprinklers.

And grandma K was looked in her study as usual, writing away. She's working on getting 60 novels right now. I think those wedding photos are great, but I'll never get married so I'm going to ask if I can hang one of myself posing in a wedding arch instead. Do you think she'll go for it?

After lunch I got a surprise present. Look at all this broken stuff! It's awesome, and once I repair it all I'll have maxed out handiness for sure. Just hope I don't break a nail, or get singed!

Just to be on the safe side I decided to start with the showers, there's this thing called taking calculated risks. See, I know stuff.

But all work and no play makes Greta a very dull girl, and if it's one thing I am not, it's dull. So even if I was super sleepy, when Cary called and asked me to meet up with him I hopped in the car (I love knowing to drive!).

Cary: You came! I wasn't sure you'd agree to meet me this late.
Greta: Of course I came, you invited me. I never say no to a date.
Cary: I just wanted to spend more time with you before you age up to a YA...
Greta: That's not for a couple of days, maybe we can meet up some more before then?
Cary: I'd love to!

Greta: But first you have some business to take care of.
Cary: Really?
Greta: Come here, don't play coy with me lover boy.

Cary: Marry m...
Greta: Shus! Don't go there again. Opsie, curfew.
Cary: Maybe we can chance it?
Greta: I would go for it, except we are outside the police station... next time, I pick where we meet up.
Cary: OK.
Greta: See you in school.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 166: Greta grows up (marginally)
« Reply #491 on: November 04, 2012, 05:11:46 PM »
Mom finally became a CEO and now wears a power suit. She is almost happy, she just thinks the red clashes with her hair. I think it's just boring clothes, but I agree that it's somewhat better than her last outfit.

Anyway, the clothes are not the important news here (even though everyone knows it's what's on the outside that counts - or is it the other way around? I always get that confused.) The point is that mom now only has to become an elder (she's in denial), paint her portrait and count her friends and she'll be ready for ambrosia.

I've been super busy the last couple of days, I haven't even been on a date. Fixing stuff takes more time than I thought it would, which is annoying since I picked handiness because everyone said it was easy and quick. I think someone has been lying to me! Me! How could they?

Anyway, no singing so far. I've reached level ten and completed two of the shill challenges. I only have to upgrade ten things and then I'm done... wait a minute! I have to do ten unique upgrades? This just goes to show that I was deceived, handiness isn't so easy after all.

Stuart: Where is Greta?
Julia: Outside working.
Klara: I'm impressed, I didn't think she was mature enough to focus on her skilling yet.
Frida: She's a lot more grown up than you might think.
Cecilia: In some matters, I agree, in others? We'll see.
Frida/Julia: What's that supposed to mean?
Elise: Just that she hasn't been tested yet, everything comes easy to her.
Selma: We just have to keep our eyes on her, and if she falls, we'll be there to prod her along the right track.
Klara: Just like we've done for all of you...
Selma: *under her breath* Just like I've been doing you mean.
Klara: What was that?
Selma: Nothing. Now, let's discuss our plans for the party...

We kicked my YA birthday party of with wild dancing. Grandma K was particularly crazy on the dance floor and almost levitated of it. You'd think she'd never been to a birthday party before, when I know for a fact that she's been to more than any other person here. Maybe her age is getting to her? (P.S. Don't tell her I insinuated she's old).

Greta: Now stop dancing everyone. It's my birthday! And I'm gonna party like it's my birthday - as soon as I blow out these candles. So get over here already!

Greta: Please Watcher in the sky, get me the trait I want. I've been good, mostly anyway, and I haven't done anything remotely selfish these last couple of days (well, almost not, don't be picky). 

Greta: I'm growing up! I'm growing up. Look at me, look at me! I'm gonna to be fabulous!

Despite my enthusiasm I was a little nervous as soon as the sparkles came, what if I became bald again? Mom had told me of when she thought me deformed, and that wasn't anything I was looking forward too experiencing now that I was conscious of what was going on around me.

Well, at least I'm not bald. This dress has to go though, it feels too old, too mom, if you get my point.

See, this is the new and fabulous me. Red lipstick was on the top of my list. No mother or grandmothers are going to stand in my way now.

I got the dramatic trait (which would have been perfect if I was allowed to become a movie star). No matter, it still goes well with my athletic, brave, diva and flirty traits from before.

Other good news is that CAS has updated their fabric selections and I now got something much more like gold lamé, even if it wasn't completely what I was thinking. I might not be able to walk down a red carpet, but I can still look like I belong on one.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 166: Greta grows up (marginally)
« Reply #493 on: November 04, 2012, 05:49:30 PM »
Greta is gorgeous! Can't wait to see her break a few hearts.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 167: Welcome to your party
« Reply #494 on: November 04, 2012, 07:06:24 PM »
For graduation grandma F gave me Benny (the red car, try to keep up). I think she's trying to make up for the fact that there won't be a movie career in my future. We rode down together, she wanted to make sure I would treat him properly. Of course I would, I'm a fabulous driver.

Once we all got to City Hall we found out that due to new rules relatives had to sign up in advance to attend the ceremony. I had of course forgotten to inform them, and was treated to death glares from the grandmas.

All right, so maybe I happened to forget it accidentally on purpose. I didn't want all of them in there and making a spectacle of themselves. There are some urban legends about my family going around town, especially about grandma K,  and I didn't want any of them to steal my lime light.

They waited for me outside, and grandma F and grandma C took turns telling stories to keep them all entertained.

Yes! Valedictorian of course, this was super easy! They also voted me most likely to become a sports star.  Hm, must be my smoking hot body.

Now for my surprise party. Well, it's my party (since I invited everyone) but the surprise is on mom. It's her elder birthday after all - no matter how much she's tried to make us all forget.

I can't believe they invited people here today! Just look at them behind me, laughing. They have even pressed so close I can't even make a run for it. I should have locked myself in the cellar as soon as I set foot back home.

Hm, how did I come to be here? Why, oh why am I in a Immortal Dynasty? If this was a Life States Dynasty i could have stayed young. Note to self - if I ever agree to do another dynasty, make sure I get to stay young in it.

Here it comes, oh no, I changed my mind. I don't want to be here any more.

Julia: Make it stop!

Julia: Noooooooooooo!

Julia: Where did my hat go? I need my hat, how else will I hide my now grey hair?
Stuart: You still look go...
Julia: Not now Stuart, I can't take you making fun of me.

Julia: *sniffle* I can't even open my eyes, I can't face this.

Stuart: You are one foxy lady.
Julia: Really?
Selma: Kind of reminds me of my sister, you have the same hair...
Julia: Emelie? I look like Emelie?
Klara: A bit yes.

Julia: I look great, I look fine, I look smart.
Frida: I wouldn't go that far.
Julia: I look like a genius, so of course I'm smart. But I still want my hat back.

It's amazing what a hat and some hair dye does for a girls self esteem. At least my wardrobe is classy, and I get to keep wearing a suit.

I only have one little complaint. How come Candi is still an adult? We are the exact same age. Is this a conspiracy? Has she sold her soul to the devil? And why didn't I think of that? So many questions, and no answers forthcoming.

anything