Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261425 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 199: Birthday fair
« Reply #630 on: November 18, 2012, 11:31:22 AM »
Even though I would love to show you all the amazing fashion creations and successful makeovers I completed during my time as a YA I know not everyone is as enamored of pirate suits as me. So, I'll just tell you that my project is proceeding according to plan. I also spent a lot more time in my studio working on my fashion sketches, soon I had a nice collection.

Oh, and I almost forgot! I also SuperMaxed charisma and reached level 9 of the fashion career. So, I don't really have a lot of things left to do to reach my requirements.

Also, my latest work outfit is even cool!

My birthday rolled around and we had a very private party. Only dad, the Meredith siblings and our maid attended.

Hm, what to wish for...Watcher I wish for...the seasons to start changing!

Watcher: That can be arranged.
Beata: What? You're not supposed to talk back!
Watcher: That's so unfair! All other dynastic families let their Watcher chip in once in a while. Why can't I?
Beata: Because we want to show sims we (and they) can do this by ourselves. We don't need a watcher micro managing our every move, we are completely capable of fulfilling all requirements ourselves. Besides, do "high free will" mean nothing to you?
Watcher: But you need us!
Beata: Ha! That's just something you've tried to brainwash us all into believing, we know better. The truth is you need us more than we need you.
Watcher: But...no...why would you say something like that?
Beata: Because it's the truth. Don't worry, we promise not to let the other dynasty families know, their Watchers might not be able to handle the rebellion.
Whatcher: Um...thanks?
Beata: You're welcome, now shut up, I've got important business to take care of. 

Once I had managed to dismiss the pesky Watcher I felt the sparkles come for me. But it felt different this time, something else was going on at the same time. I could feel a heat wave descending on the Valley.

Beata: Watcher! Just because your a little upset you don't have to be this petty.Why do you insist on changing my hairstyle?

Beata: Hi, thanks for coming to my party.
Carey: No problem, I always have a great time at your house.
Beata: Yeah, about that. We are going down to the Summer fair, wanna come?
Carey: Why not.

Carey and I had a great water balloon fight.

While the grandmas enjoyed the festival food.

Grandma F and grandma E decided to enjoy a lot of it when they participated in the hot dog eating contest.

It was a great spectacle, and we eagerly watched, hoping one of them would be the winner.

Grandma F looked like she had it all in her hand...

...but it was one of the new townies that finished first.

Beata: I just love the passion you showed out there today.
Gerrard: Well, thank you.
Beata: I have a price for you...
Gerrard: Oh, tell me more.

Beata: I'll give you some fashion advice, might even throw in a free makeover.
Gerrard: Okey, sounds good.
Beata: Tell me the truth. Those pants are a bit tight after all those hot dogs. Am I right or what?
Gerrard: I guess.
Beata: Don't worry, I have the perfect solution.

Beata: What do you think?
Gerrard: I love it!
Beata: Glad to hear it. Like I always tell my clients, dress to show your passion! (Or mine)

While I was busy working my fashion magic some of the grandmas had found the skating rink, and they were keeping themselves occupied trying to learn the basics.

Grandma E was always a fast learner, and already twirled with one of her friends.

Grandma J and grandma F were having some private bonding time. I think grandma J wants to pick another activity next time.

I've got to say I had a pretty awesome birthday.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since the file now is so slow to play I have come to grips with the fact that I won't get this done before I move. The coming week will mostly be spent packing and getting everything in order, so I doubt I will get much playing done. Hopefully I can play at least one more season before I move. So, updates will be far between.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 199: Birthday fair
« Reply #631 on: November 18, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »
Great update,

Good luck with the move, RL comes before anything else. We will be here waiting.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #632 on: November 18, 2012, 12:17:37 PM »
I'm scared about the rebellion. I don't think we could fight them off!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

SimBlip

« Reply #633 on: November 18, 2012, 01:07:49 PM »
Great update! This was a lot of fun.
I hope your move will go smoothly and good luck with your new house! :)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #634 on: November 18, 2012, 03:11:21 PM »
Hehe...the grandmas have taken up skating. :) This was such a fun update!

I wish you all the best for a smooth, easy move. Hang in there!

Louise56

« Reply #635 on: November 19, 2012, 07:14:58 AM »
Good luck with the move! Very funny that the one who win the hotdog eating contest, turn into a hotdog himself. ;D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #636 on: November 20, 2012, 03:53:03 AM »
Thanks for all the nice comments you guys.

I had a lot of fun at the fair grounds with the old ladies. But I also figured out it's not a good idea to bring 8 sims to the fair at the same time, especially not when there is only one bathroom! Half of them ended up going home just to avoid and accident. So remember, get them steel bladders first!

Good news: Beata seems to have started ageing again after her birthday. Woho! Sure, it would'n.t have been that much of an inconvenience to just count the days, but it's nice to know that ageing the sim up sometimes helps get rid of that bug.

Also, it's so nice to go on the forum to get away from the mounting chaos in the apartment, if only for a short while.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #637 on: November 20, 2012, 06:20:24 AM »
I'm glad the aging bug is fixed. I will miss the ladies when your dynasty is finished. ;)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #638 on: November 21, 2012, 10:40:07 AM »
I will miss the ladies when your dynasty is finished. ;)

So will I. Them missing me? That I'm less sure about.

Not being able to play due to packing (and real life getting in the way) has made me spin crazy ideas of how I will reward them when this is all through. I lay awake at night thinking "so if Frida could do anything, what would she want most of all..." and so on and so forth. Next week couldn't come soon enough.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #639 on: November 22, 2012, 10:57:18 PM »
I've been reading since the very beginning, and its so exciting and so sad to think of the story ending! You'll have to come up with an ending, and some way to make depressed readers feel like the story is resolved. No pressure! Seriously, though, I hope you do something after this is over.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #640 on: November 22, 2012, 11:46:17 PM »
I've read this story since the beginning. I have always loved it! I am going to miss it when it's over and done with! Oh and good luck with the move!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #641 on: November 23, 2012, 09:38:56 PM »
Ah, but you don't necessarily have to be missing them completely. You could always create side stories with them as you did with Greta and Carey. :)

That being said though, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. You had me hooked when you picked VJ as the first dynasty spouse! :P

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #642 on: November 28, 2012, 07:10:52 PM »
I was so psyched to get right back in the dynasty after my move, but then I got side tracked with a building contest... An update will be forthcoming, in a couple of days.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #643 on: November 28, 2012, 09:07:25 PM »
I was so psyched to get right back in the dynasty after my move, but then I got side tracked with a building contest... An update will be forthcoming, in a couple of days.

Congratulations on completing your move!
Building contests are fun, even if I have yet to finish one so far. Soon..  :P
Yay for new updates~

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 200: The face of Outer wear
« Reply #644 on: December 03, 2012, 02:14:45 PM »
Becoming an adult is easy. I don't know what all the grandmas were talking ominously about. Midlife crisis - what is that? I didn't feel like I was in a crisis, I was having the time of my life all of the time (well, almost all of the time, grandma E could be a bit controlling when it came to her "artistic vision").

Beata: Are we done yet?
Elise: Don't move your mouth! You'll mess up the mood I'm going for.
Beata: Aw wew dow iet?
Elise: Shush, I'm concentrating.

Luckily for me my friend Kylie Bacon called an invited me to a pool party, so I could escape the house with the excuse of making sure my friendships didn't deteriorate.

The truth is I don't have to worry about that since I bought the Long Distant Friend LTR, but we don't have to tell the grandmas that. They are still a bit put out about me buying the Raised by Wolves LTR. Apparently they didn't agree that being raised by a whole bunch of grandmothers was the same thing as being raised by a wolf pack. On second thought I would probably have to agree, wolves are a lot less ferocious...

Anyway, back to the party. I was in such a hurry getting there that I actually brought my swimsuit, can you imagine?

After a dip in the pool I decided to take a bath, just to clean up. The only problem was that the bathroom was already occupied...

...Kylie's brother Francis liked the view.

Things got rather awkward at the party after that so I went home.

Grandma K was replicating Ambrosia as usual, out replicator has a faulty memory card and sometimes erases everything, but grandma K doesn't really mind. She says it gives her a chance to improve in the recipe, but none of the grandmas seems to think she's been successful so far.

I wen't to my studio to work on my sketches like I do every night. Suddenly I remembered what the Watcher had told me on my birthday, the seasons would start changing... Instead of designing more pirate costumes and swim wear I should develop more outfits suited for colder weather. And I had the perfect guinea pigs at my disposal...

Beata: Mom, I have discovered a completely new category of clothes, and I want you to be the first to try them out. It's going to be a revolution in all the fashion and stylist magazines, and you get to say "I tried it first!"
Greta: Me? You want me to be the first?

Beata: Yes, I want you to be the face of Outer wear, will you do it?
Greta: Becoming the face of Outer wear? How could I refuse? I always knew I was born for great things, I just always thought of myself more as an actor than a model, but as long as I get to shine - who cares!
Beata: That's great mom, just a few more minutes and I'll be all done.

Greta: Oh, darling, I feel great!

Klara: Well, I don't feel particularly fabulous, in fact, I feel like this jacket makes my butt look bigger.
Selma: You don't have anything to complain about. She made me wear heals!
Cia: I hate turtlenecks! Why do I have to wear one?
Elise: At least you got something covering your neck, I'll get Bronchitis in this get up!

Frida: Stop whining you guys, at least your jackets don't double the width of your behind.
Julia: I think I look rather stylish, and you look great Greta.
Greta: Thanks mom, I look fabulous, if I do say so myself.
Beata: It's a good thing my regular customers aren't as picky as you! I'd never get anything new added to my portfolio!

While we were busy in my studio working on the new looks a mysterious visitor showed up. It rang the bell, and hung around for some time....

It seemed particularly interested in our flowerbeds. Even worse, it didn't come alone. It brought a poring rain and a horrible thunder storm.

The visitor eventually left, but the change in weather patterns stayed behind. Could summer be coming to an end?

anything