Author Topic: Zombies eating garden  (Read 48826 times)

Offline bsmesser

• Nooboo
Zombies eating garden
« on: September 08, 2012, 01:14:29 AM »
I searched and can't find an answer (unless it is the peashooter).  I have zombies ruining my garden.  My sim is a fairy.  there is no click action when clicking on the zombie.  She doesn't even know they are there.  What gets rid of them in this case?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Zombies eating garden
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 01:15:53 AM »
A peashooter will get rid of the zombies if they go near it.   However, just having a locked fence around the garden will keep pets and zombies out.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 03:03:25 AM »
I actually just used the moveobjects on cheat when I first saw it happening - moved the zombie out of the way and hastily built a fence, locked the gate to household only. Prevention is definitely the best cure in this case as sims can't interact with zombies except for being targeted by Zombie attack!.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 03:18:43 AM »
I'm playing a townie household in Moonlight Falls and the gate around the garden can't be locked.  I get nothing when I hover it.  I'm going to try replacing it, but at the moment it's not working.  The peashooter worked nicely, though.  I think maybe the zombies move toward it when your Sim tells it to attack a zombie.  They were eating the garden and after one would finish a plant, it would walk directly to the peashooter and get blasted.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Zombies eating garden
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 04:45:52 AM »
In my game, the zombie moved toward the peashooter without my input. It (the peashooter) shot the zombie and it fell down for a few minutes and then left in an old car.

Offline Vegangeekgirl

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 06:17:50 AM »
I have the same problem! I have now managed to lock the gate and will now have to replace all my vegetables.
My fairy child can talk to them and managed to make friends with them, while her human Mom can't not sure if she notice them in the garden, but she sure noticed the one that attacked her in the library!

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 06:28:09 AM »
Genies can banish a zombie. The indoor planters work for things that aren't trees.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 09:47:59 AM »
When using the peashooters, the zombie always seems to destroy one plant, before walking towards the shooter.  Also I've not seen the peashooter autonomously target a zombie, I've always manually targeted it, but perhaps I've not been patient enough.  Seeing my garden getting scarfed down, doesn't breed patience!

One other thing to be aware off - if you fence off your whole garden, this won't keep the zombie out, as they can spawn inside your lot.  So if you have a large gardening plot this can be troublesome.

I can see zombies being the new paparazzi.  I can see control options to turn off vampires, werewolves, fairies and witches, but can't see one for zombies.

Offline SabrinaFaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 09:59:50 AM »
I also have not seen the peashooter target a zombie on it's own. I've had to tell it to shoot the zombie. Which isn't a huge deal, but not how I expected it to work. I also have a smallish lot and could only afford one, so I've found myself having to move it around to get a good angle on the zombie. So maybe I need to be more patient too.
Sabrina

Offline candyraver69

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 01:57:53 PM »
I made my garden inside by planting and then walling off the area like a garage. The sim whines that the floor isn't finished when gardening but at least zombies don't kill my plants. When I need to plant again I remove one wall section, plant, and put it back.

One thing I noticed with my game I was living outside was that if you are playing an instrument you can ask zombies to join and they will! I had a zombie apocalypse with tons of zombies and they all played guitar with me :P So that might work as a distraction tactic if you don't want to garden inside. Also good way to build relationships.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Zombies eating garden
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 02:14:07 PM »
My gardens are fenced off and gates are locked. I have had no problems with zombies getting into the garden area. The I've noticed that I get the same zombies spawned, so they always go toward the same peashooters every time. I don't have to click on the any more unless a new zombie shows up.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 03:13:25 PM »
Mine have stopped appearing in my garden after 24 hours went by, so looks like the spawns just don't reset for a whilst, but once they do, if you're fenced off and all your gates are locked, you should be safe.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 03:37:30 PM »

I can see zombies being the new paparazzi.  I can see control options to turn off vampires, werewolves, fairies and witches, but can't see one for zombies.

Using testingcheatsenabled true, shift click on the mail box.  You get an option to control supernaturals.  Then you get an option to add or remove supernaturals.  Zombies are on the list but paparazzi are not and neither are celebs.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »
I've replaced the fence and gate and I'm still unable to lock it.  No options appear at all.

My gardens are fenced off and gates are locked. I have had no problems with zombies getting into the garden area. The I've noticed that I get the same zombies spawned, so they always go toward the same peashooters every time. I don't have to click on the any more unless a new zombie shows up.

Do you mean that if the same zombie shows up the next time that the peashooters will automatically start firing at it without you telling them to?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 06:51:22 PM »
I've replaced the fence and gate and I'm still unable to lock it.  No options appear at all.

Do you mean that if the same zombie shows up the next time that the peashooters will automatically start firing at it without you telling them to?

Which toon do you have selected when you try to lock it?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Zombies eating garden
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 06:57:52 PM »

In my game it does, I was watching to see what would happen when it came up. The zombie started walking, stopped, turned to the shooter and went at it.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »
I haven't told the peashooter to attack but a couple of times. It seems the zombies just go after them except when they are sitting in the rocking chair on the porch. :) They seem to love the rocking chair.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline TeaPuff

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 07:50:27 PM »
To get around the hastle of zombies in my garden ive actually built a seperate gardening area next to the kitchen that is completly fenced off with no gates and can only be accessed through a side door in the kitchen so the zombies spawn in the regular garden area. (This probably wont work if you have foundations) My sims garden has never been bothered or invaded because they have to go through the main house, they just stand and my back door getting annoyed untill the peashooter get them!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
Which toon do you have selected when you try to lock it?

Toon?  Well, I have my adult Sim selected when I click on the gate.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 09:15:32 PM »
That's what I meant sorry Pam.  Not sure where my head was when I wrote that.  Have you tried doing it with more than one Sim?   I've been able to lock and unlock gates with every type of Sim before Supernatural including pets.

Offline Tuesday

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 09:52:45 PM »
If you don't want  zombies, you can also go into options and turn off moon phases - they only appear on the full moon.  You'll also affect other supernaturals too, though!

I've just been having my alchemist sim make up bunches of cure potions, and I have somebody in the household throw one as soon as a zombie spawns.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »

When you made your fence did you use the create a fence or create a yard option?
Reason I ask is I had this problem once where I couldn't lock the gate even after deleting and rebuilding the fence a few times. I was using the create a fence option and putting down one side at a time.
For the heck of it I tried it again using the create a yard option and drew the whole garden area out at once and put the gate in and was able to lock it. I don't know why it made a difference but it worked for some reason. It's been a while back when that happened but it might be worth a try.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 10:11:48 PM »
When you made your fence did you use the create a fence or create a yard option?
Reason I ask is I had this problem once where I couldn't lock the gate even after deleting and rebuilding the fence a few times. I was using the create a fence option and putting down one side at a time.
For the heck of it I tried it again using the create a yard option and drew the whole garden area out at once and put the gate in and was able to lock it. I don't know why it made a difference but it worked for some reason. It's been a while back when that happened but it might be worth a try.

I didn't build the fence at all.  It's an existing townie house in Moonlight Falls and the fence/gate was already in place.  I've deleted and replaced the gate and have also deleted and replaced the entire side of the fence.  I've just deleted the gate completely because the garden is accessible from the back door of the house.  I don't think I really need a gate right now, so I'm going to leave it like this for awhile.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline SabrinaFaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 11:37:31 AM »
If you don't want  zombies, you can also go into options and turn off moon phases - they only appear on the full moon.  You'll also affect other supernaturals too, though!

I've just been having my alchemist sim make up bunches of cure potions, and I have somebody in the household throw one as soon as a zombie spawns.

I've read that they only show up on the full moon but I've had them pop up during other moon cycles and in the middle of the day. I keep trying to level alchemy and magic with my witch since it's her LTW to cure I think 12 people but so far she hasn't gotten there.

I did fence off the garden with a locked gate and so far none have gotten in.
Sabrina

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 12:24:06 PM »
I've read that they only show up on the full moon but I've had them pop up during other moon cycles and in the middle of the day. I keep trying to level alchemy and magic with my witch since it's her LTW to cure I think 12 people but so far she hasn't gotten there.

I did fence off the garden with a locked gate and so far none have gotten in.

Same thing for me. The zombies show up anytime day or night not matter what the moon cycle is. Only thing I've seen different with the full moon is there seems to be more zombies show up than at other times.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 12:52:53 PM »
@Pam:  Sometimes the gate has to be into the yard a wee bit for it to be lockable.  Here's a pic to show what I mean.  This is a big gate but even small gates sometimes need to be inside a bit to be lockable.  Just jog your fence into the yard for 2-4 spaces, add the gate, jog back out and reconnect and you should be able to lock your gate.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Kaibilly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 04:45:02 PM »
I had major problems with zombies.  I initially put the garden out the back and fenced that off, but they still showed up and were just irritating me (not eating plants as they couldn't get to them, the fence joined the back of the house)
I did what Joria did, big fence at the very edge of the property, gate doesn't need to be locked for me either, this seems to stop them spawning on my lot completely now. 8)
We could learn a lot from crayons:
Some are sharp, some are pretty,
Some are dull, some have weird names,
And all are different colors....but
They all exist very nicely in the same box.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 04:48:14 PM »
My gate is on a part of the fence that cuts through the middle of the yard, so moving it away from the edge won't help.  For now, I've deleted the gate and it's good so far.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline SBNao1

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »
Intereting enough, one of the zombies who showed up on my lot pulled out a stereo and all of them started dancing. The zombie fairy looked a little creepy, but that may be worth looking into. Also, the mailbox cheat is awesome. On a side note for the celebrities thing, look in the options menu. You can opt your household out of the celebrity system, which I believe should prevent any new celebs in your house, thus the papparazzi hanging around.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 01:07:23 AM »
If your fairy is a high enough level you can use bloom after the zombies have eaten the plants.  I have tried this and it worked for one of the plants and I had two plants that I had put outside.( I put the others inside because I thought they looked pretty there. :) )  Who knows, maybe bloom has a 5% chance to fail.  But at least I got one plant saved.  If your fairy isn't that high of level yet... your stuck with the fence and put it indoors method. 
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline Emmaoc6

• Nooboo
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 02:45:02 AM »
My gate is on a part of the fence that cuts through the middle of the yard, so moving it away from the edge won't help.  For now, I've deleted the gate and it's good so far.

I had a problem with my gate, it showed no circle when hovering over it, but even though there was no circle I could still click and the actions came up to lock it, wasn't just my gate that this happened with though.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 03:06:52 AM »
I was thinking about building a moat around the edge of my property using the landscaping tools since money is short and my lot is huge.  I'll leave a small break in the moat with a locked gate to prevent intruders.  It might not help much though if zombies can spawn directly on my property.

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 03:10:53 AM »
Yes, they certainly do!

And I didn't even know my Sims had plants on their lot (they moved into a prebuilt house) until the zombies showed up and started attacking the plants. Fencing off the gardens has worked for me so far; they have yet to spawn inside my gardens but I don't leave a lot of space for them to spawn so maybe that has something to do with it?
- Eisande

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 03:15:14 AM »
Oh well, I might still make a moat and stock it with fishes when I get around to leveling fishing.  :)

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 04:32:00 AM »
Intereting enough, one of the zombies who showed up on my lot pulled out a stereo and all of them started dancing. The zombie fairy looked a little creepy, but that may be worth looking into. Also, the mailbox cheat is awesome. On a side note for the celebrities thing, look in the options menu. You can opt your household out of the celebrity system, which I believe should prevent any new celebs in your house, thus the papparazzi hanging around.

I can go one better than that. My twins somehow got their birthdays a day apart so the girl's was first and it was on the night of a full moon. Had a party, invited a pile of people, and I guess because her mum has both party animal and legendary host even people who weren't invited showed up. Then 6pm hit and the zombies started spawning. Moven blew out the candles and the zombies started taking pieces of cake. I had the gates unlocked for the guests and they came right in and sat down to eat their cake. Amazing. I got a couple of screenshots of it and then had their mum start throwing cure elixirs around for her LTW. :P

Joanne

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 06:20:12 AM »
In one of my games I also have the problem of zombies spawn all the time. I put a fence up and lock the gate for everyone but the family. The zombies stand outside and do the 'I cant get there' lol. Something I find funny is the zombies love the mood lamp. if you put one on the porch they will stare at it, totally in awe. But you must turn the lamp on.

Offline Vegangeekgirl

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 10:29:03 AM »
I now have my vegetable garden fenced off with a locked gate, I got a couple of peashooters spread out over the garden to take care of any zombies, sometimes I have to tell them to shoot other times they do by themselves, then I have a fairy that is always stocked up on cures and she usually manages to help a few zombies as well, working on her LTW.

Those peashooters are great! I had 2 kids sitting outside playing chess while a zombie stumbled towards them, got pelted by the peashooter, fell down, had a nap and then left, the kids didn't even notice!

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »
I had the craziest setup to deal with the zombies I had popping up during all hours, I had the preset garden area fenced off with this large imposing looking fence and I had a one square wide leading to the house and along the side to the front porch, So the zombies couldn't spawn inside. But then I just added some foundation to the side of my house's porch and made a large open area inside it. The game registers that as indoors so the zombies dont spawn in it. So I have an inner greenhouse sort of place. It's pretty neat. I've also noticed that those PvZ lights tend to make zombies walk around the small pool of light created, so I have those out in my garden.

Offline Tuesday

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 11:16:51 PM »
The zombies turning up any time of day or night regardless of moon phase is apparently a bug that is triggered by saving on the full moon. 

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/09/town-overrun-by-zombies.html

I haven't experimented with it, but I knew I wasn't losing my mind when I originally posted here that they should only appear on the full moon - it was true for me at the time.  Not any more.   >:(

Offline Saga

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
I had a zombie walking inside my house ( made with new blueprint thing) and started to eat my plants. Before I always had them outside but it seems they can come in unless you lock the doors.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 09:48:14 AM »
I now put a Zombie Fence (as I call it) around every garden I have. It works well to keep them out. I don't have the pea shooter, but I don't feel I really need it. However, if one of your family members get attacked, you Sim turns into a zombie and can get in the garden. My Legacy Sim ate his own garden!

Offline shibamistress

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2012, 10:02:03 PM »
I put a fence up around the garden (and a good portion of the property) and the zombies are spawning inside the fence!  :(  I'm not happy about that.

That said, I noticed that if I use the pea shooter, the zombie will walk over and be shot by the pea shooter, so as long as there aren't too many zombies, I can control them that way.  I wish they didn't spawn inside the fenced in yard though...I wonder if there is a way to stop that?

(And I don't know if this matters or not, but for some reason I couldn't get an option to the lock the gate....but it's not like the zombies are coming in through the gate anyway).

Louise56

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2012, 06:36:48 AM »
If you lock the gate, zombies cannot enter your garden. They do use the gate if the garden is fenced off. Did you try and lock the gate in live mode? You cannot lock a gate in build mode.

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2012, 06:37:26 AM »
This Zombie business is really starting to annoy me, what with the population controls for all the other life states.  I really like to have the mushrooms and things randomly amongst the garden flowers and things, I think it's prettier, so I end up locking the moon phases. So frustrating when the plants get eaten!

Offline Babbaroni

• Nooboo
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2014, 10:25:31 AM »
If I'm unable to lock one or more gates, it's ALWAYS because I don't have a completely closed fence.  Look hard to see whether every bit of your area (garden, whatever) is enclosed by fence or wall, and that there are no gaps.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2014, 06:19:01 PM »
Ask a fairy for fairy dust (a friendly interaction). You can use this on zombies to cure them of zombism. Not sure you will be able to interrupt one already attacking a garden.

Also, I have had zombies spawn inside my garden fence. Anymore I just don't let moon phases happen.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2014, 09:36:30 PM »
I've never had these terrible problems, even with a full moon.

Offline geekgirl101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2014, 02:39:29 AM »
A couple more ways to deal with zombies and unfinished room moodlets:

1) NRaas Mods

Use the NRaas Master Controller to change the occult type of a zombie to a conflicting type such as werewolf, then use the mod to remove the werewolf to make the sim a normal human.   You can find this setting under the Intermediate settings.

2) Planters

Planters allow you to grow your small plants indoors, you cannot grow trees inside them.  You'll have to ensure there's a 1 square space around each planter to avoid pathing problems when tending plants in them.

3) Grass Rugs

Having the expansion Into the Future really helps here as you can buy a grass rug that allows you to grow plants indoors or on top of roofs without needing to use moveobjects cheat!  Now you can create indoor gardens and greenhouses without the unfinished room moodlets.  Unlike planters you can also grow trees on these rugs, and you can do landscaping on them too such as creating indoor ponds.

anything