Author Topic: Bees and honey  (Read 79002 times)

Offline ChaiLatte

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Bees and honey
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2012, 08:58:38 PM »
Beeswax counts as a harvestable for the "Uncommonly Good" opportunity. I discovered this with a sim who nearly maxed out gardening with tabcasts and never touched a plant.

Offline Kamakani

• Nooboo
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2013, 11:53:23 PM »
Bees have a random chance of stinging no matter how happy they are or regardless of whether you smoke them.  Happy/clean bees will have a much lower chance of stinging.  Smoking the hive will reduce the chance of stinging even more.

Each bee hive has three happiness levels, Angry, Content, and Happy. The game keeps a hidden score of their mood in a range between 1 and 100. Anything below 30, and they're Angry. Between that and 65, they're Content. Above 65, and they're Happy. When you first buy and place the hive, the score starts at 50. Bees are made happy by cleaning the hive and feeding them. When the hive is both fed AND clean, it adds to the happiness score by 1.5 points per hour. If the hive is dirty, you lose 1.5 per hour, and the same 1.5 with being hungry, so that you'll lose 3 happiness per hour if bees are both hungry and dirty. Hunger and cleanliness both have their own 1-100 values. Hunger decays at 4 per hour, and cleanliness decays at 2 per hour.

The hive produces honey, which can eaten directly or be used in cooking and is an alchemy ingredient. The quality of the honey produced is based on the bees' happiness score:

12.5 - Foul
    25 - Bad
    37.5 - Normal
    50 - Nice
    62.5 - Very Nice
    75 - Great
    82.5 - Excellent
    90 - Outstanding
    97 - Perfect

They produce one bottle of honey per 12 hours, and store up to 5 bottles' worth (or 2.5 days worth) at a time.

In short.  Feed and Clean your bees 2-3 times a day.  Collect honey once every couple of days, and like me you will never have your honey/beeswax quality drop below perfect/outstanding quality.  Just remember that the Hunger/cleanliness of the bees decays faster than it raises, so if you neglect them for even 1 day you will end up with foul/bad honey/beeswax again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunshinedays83

• Nooboo
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2013, 08:04:26 PM »
I always do mine in the order smoke, harvest, feed, clean and as long as I do it at least once a day my honey goes up to and stays at perfect. I don't know if its a glitch or not but I am also able to harvest again as soon as I feed the bees. So as soon as I finish my order I  can immediately do it again and again until I feel like stopping! I can even cut out smoking and cleaning after the first time and just do harvest and then feed and the harvest again. I don't go longer than a few hours without smoking the box though. Hope this helps!

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
  • The Watcher Of Logan Foster
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2013, 08:06:20 PM »
I always get bad or horrible honey, I have a garden, I feed them and cleAn, and smoke! I don't know, it's a crazy life sometimes! ::) ::)

Avery :)
If You Need A Call, Get A Phone.

- Avery

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2014, 10:06:14 PM »
Thanks for all the tips here. My Sims want to get a bee keeping box, and I have limited experience with the process.

One thing I did find when I tried it before was that if I had a butler (from Late Night), he would always be drawn to try to work with the bees, and end up getting swarmed and stung, but return and try again, in a continuous loop.

So if you have bees, don't get a butler. Or do, and let comedy ensue. :D
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline NurseNicole

• Nooboo
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2016, 12:08:57 AM »
Where do you get bees and hives?  I read it is under hobbies and skills but I don't have anything relating to bees at all.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2016, 12:38:52 AM »
Go into Buy mode > Sort By: Function > Entertainment > Hobbies and Skills > Mrs Stingly's Beekeeping Box
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline laurenluvssims

• Nooboo
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2018, 11:16:06 AM »
I am having trouble keeping my bees calm and iam not getting any of the options to clean the hive and etc...I must be doing something wrong? Any ideas or thoughts? :(

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2018, 02:26:14 PM »
You might try resetting the town or evicting the household and moving them back in. Other than that I'm not sure what to do other than replace the bee box to see if that will help.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household (How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything