Author Topic: New Ways of Death  (Read 20627 times)

Offline Widonja

• Occult
New Ways of Death
« on: September 09, 2012, 07:47:33 AM »
has anybody encountered them all? I was shocked when my sim died while transmuting something to gold... Found the Philosopher's stone in my family inv (I presume with mastering alchemy). The first time I tried making gold, the item dissapeared, and the second time my sim died. I could summon the ghost back with the philosopher's stone itself, though...
What about the other ways of death*?

Offline Emmaoc6

• Nooboo
Re: New Ways of Death
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 09:11:37 AM »
I have only had the Jelly Bean death so far :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Draigh

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 09:27:28 AM »
Jelly Bean death?
What happened there??

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 11:33:29 AM »
I was curious about that little nugget too...

Offline SabrinaFaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 11:38:05 AM »
Yeah what IS the jelly bean death? I haven't even found jelly beans yet.
Sabrina

Offline Erythrocyte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 11:44:36 AM »
There's a Magic Jelly Bean tree (which can be found in Buy mode) that came with Supernatural.
When you eat a bean, you usually get a random moodlet however, it seems there is a Jelly Bean that actually kills you.

If you don't want to buy a tree yourself, but still try it out, there is a tree located around the back of the Elixir shop. It's not a bigger tree like the apple trees, for instance, but rather a smaller, potted plant.

You might want to save your game before trying the beans, though ;)

Offline DanteEDM

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 01:00:36 PM »
Yes, I, too have encountered death by jelly bean. My sim had a wish to eat 3 magic jelly beans and he did. The first one gave him a sugar rush, the second one gave him an "inner glow" (he turned yellow" and the third one killed him.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Emmaoc6

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »
There is also a jelly bean plant under the library through the secret door, the death is pretty normal, you choke and die like your starving, then grim comes and whisks his scythe, then you are a lovely purple ghost :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 02:18:56 PM »
The last new Death is the green one which I haven't figured out how to do yet.  I think it has something to do with witches.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline mandamouse123

• Llama Wrangler
  • I, too, shall look at the stars.
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 02:30:52 PM »
I've had a jelly bean death, but it wasn't from choking on one.  My sim ate a jelly bean that made her catch on fire!  There weren't any pools or fountains near by, so she died.  If only sims knew how to stop, drop and roll.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 02:33:58 PM »
The last new Death is the green one which I haven't figured out how to do yet.  I think it has something to do with witches.
I had a witch die from that by casting the haunting curse and it backfiring. That spell can be lethal if it fails, not all of the time, but it can kill the caster.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline orawnge

• Nooboo
  • get in line and settle down
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »
Is there anything positive about the jelly bean tree?

I've only tried it twice, first time I got the blue moodlet (-5?) and second got inner glow, which was a positive effect and all but froze my sim. I knew it caused death but now it even causes spontaneous combustion? that's three out of the four moodlets documented in this thread being negative.
i just wanna be something more than the mud in your eyes; i want to be the clay in your hands.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 03:21:04 PM »
¸

It also says in carl's guide that a witch can die during a spellcasting duel.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »
¸

It also says in carl's guide that a witch can die during a spellcasting duel.

I thought at least one of the Q&As before release said this wasn't possible - I'll have to check back, because if I misread it I'd like to know before I try a duel!

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 03:50:32 PM »
I had a witch die from that by casting the haunting curse and it backfiring. That spell can be lethal if it fails, not all of the time, but it can kill the caster.

That death makes a really cool dark green ghost with skulls coming out of it and such.

I managed to kill both of the younger Crumplebottom sisters my first time playing as they both had a wish to perform a haunting spell and they both failed!!

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »
That death makes a really cool dark green ghost with skulls coming out of it and such.

I managed to kill both of the younger Crumplebottom sisters my first time playing as they both had a wish to perform a haunting spell and they both failed!!
It's a shame there are no horcruxes in the Sims huh? It is a cool ghost, did they come back, or did you not save?
We are of peace, always.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline EvidentEmma

• Nooboo
  • "Haaave you met Ted?"
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »
has anybody encountered them all? I was shocked when my sim died while transmuting something to gold... Found the Philosopher's stone in my family inv (I presume with mastering alchemy). The first time I tried making gold, the item dissapeared, and the second time my sim died. I could summon the ghost back with the philosopher's stone itself, though...
What about the other ways of death*?

There is "Death by Magic" (the green ghost with skulls and such floating around it), "Death by Transmuting" (which you mentioned) and then "Death by JellyBean Bush", which everyone else has mentioned.
  For some reason, the Death By Jelly Bean reminds me of The Sims 2 when they died from the cowplant...
           -Emma

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 07:37:26 PM »
It's a shame there are no horcruxes in the Sims huh? It is a cool ghost, did they come back, or did you not save?

I saved after the first one (the middle sister I think, can't remember her name) and brought her back as a playable ghost. But I didn't save after Bianca I thought that was just mean lol.

Offline Emmaoc6

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »
There is also watery grave, which I think has something to do with the llama and drowning in it, I haven't experienced it yet, but I noticed it is in the colour chooser for your ghost sims in CaS, another one is Human Statue, not sure how this one works, though the picture looks like the watery grave one only a different colour, so possibly another llama death.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 10:01:03 AM »
There is also watery grave, which I think has something to do with the llama and drowning in it, I haven't experienced it yet, but I noticed it is in the colour chooser for your ghost sims in CaS, another one is Human Statue, not sure how this one works, though the picture looks like the watery grave one only a different colour, so possibly another llama death.

Watery Grave and Human Statue are two of the ways you could die in Showtime by being a magician so it has nothing to do with the new expansion.  You can just see them as options now through CAS.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

thesweetestpea

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 10:04:41 AM »

Human Statue and Watery Grave come from Showtime. They can both be obtained when magician's tricks go wrong.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 10:53:12 AM »
A word of warning about the jelly bean bush,Sims will eat the berries without being prompted. My Sim just spent a few hours being a lovely shade of blue she reminded me of Violet from Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 11:34:24 AM »
Oh Miss Violet Beauregard!

Is there any way to avoid the Jelly-Bean death?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 11:36:18 AM »
Oh Miss Violet Beauregard!

Is there any way to avoid the Jelly-Bean death?

Don't eat the jelly beans.  I'm fairly certain that's the only way as it's a chance to kill you not timed or anything.  So it's a roll of the dice with every bite.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 11:38:43 AM »

Witches can also cast a Pestilence Curse (I just picked that up on mine) - might this be it, if you die by this curse?

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 11:40:33 AM »
I think it involves a failed haunting spell
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Emmaoc6

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 01:06:48 PM »
Human Statue and Watery Grave come from Showtime. They can both be obtained when magician's tricks go wrong.

Ahh ok :) I haven't played much with showtime, so I was unaware of those deaths :) I thought the picture looked like the Llama  ::)

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 05:01:55 PM »
Witches can also cast a Pestilence Curse (I just picked that up on mine) - might this be it, if you die by this curse?
Nope, it won't kill you. The green ghost is created from a witch casting a haunting spell, failing, it backfiring on them and it killing them
We are of peace, always.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 05:25:51 PM »
I guess that's a method of which my sims will never die (Magic Hands LTR is fun)

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 05:56:40 PM »
I guess that's a method of which my sims will never die (Magic Hands LTR is fun)
The only way I got the spell to fail with the witch, was to have no magical power left.
We are of peace, always.

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 07:08:35 PM »
My crumplebottom sister failed with her magic about 50%, and the second had her magic at 100%. They were lower level witches but still. Is it wrong that I found it funny when the second sister died just after the first?m