Author Topic: Domination Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 13789 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Domination Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »
If you have Sim points, the Premium content that I'd recommend would be:

the Multitab (500 pts)
the playpen from Aurora Skies (500 pts)
the walker from Aurora Skies (if it's available. I can't tell because I have Aurora Skies)

With the Multitab, your drones can listen to a tabcast on logic while playing chess, doubling the rate at which they pick up the skill. If you start them listening to a tabcast when they leave for school, they'll continue to listen, but they'll make slower progress towards an A. The tabcast turns off when they go to work.

Needs don't deteriorate while toddlers are in the playpen or walker, but they have to be doing something. One thing I learned -- two toddlers playing with each other in the playpen will learn to talk (I guess Simlish is really easy to pick up).

I've seen both the Multitab and playpen on sale.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 02:36:19 PM »
For the MultiTab - photography tabcasts are glitches so they play insanely fast. Use them. I believe level 9 tabcast is about 2 hours to play.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 01:56:01 AM »
I haven't started a domination dynasty yet, but if accumulating friends and best friends is a problem, use mean social interactions once old colleagues are no longer needed. So once you have topped the Law Enforcement career and joined say, Music, use the mean social interactions on your L.E. colleagues so that they are no longer considered friends. That way you can save those charisma challenges for later and are at less risk of completing them too early.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 02:43:24 PM »
I just tried something different with my fourth batch of drones - speeding them through the early stages to get them to YA on their second day.

I made sure the nooboos arrived early in the day and caked them up to toddler right away.  I used the walker and the playpen to speed through skill training - they learn to walk on their own in about 2 sim hours and they learn talking in about the same timeframe.  3 visits to the potty each, and they're done.  It's easy to get it all done in one day, but since cake only works once a day anyway, an Age of Instant doesn't work on nooboos or toddlers, it's no problem if they need to nap in between. 

Skilling up the toddlers was really only for the lifetime happiness points for mom and dad - and since mom and dad had big wishes regarding the baby (have a baby, have a girl, have a boy, have a baby with _____) they both used a Wish Enhancing elixir shortly before birth to double those values.  So that effect was still in place for the toddler skilling and age-up-well wishes.

As soon as mom popped the first nooboo, dad was on his way to the science center to get a clone.  There were 2 girl nooboos in this batch, so dad got 2 clones.  Then he rushed home, took over with the nooboos, and mom went to get cloned.  I put cakes in the clones' inventories and sent them somewhere with a table they could put a cake on (library, swap shop, lot that a previous clone upgraded with tables that cakes work on  ;)) and by the time they'd caked themselves up to teens they'd started spawning wishes and I sent them off to do whatever it was they wanted to do - or what I wanted them to do to regarding skills/future career.

Just after midnight, I started caking up the toddlers.  I did all three quickly to children, and it was quite a frenzy cancelling everyone's birthday celebrating because all that noise is just irritating and because I wanted to get the next one to the cake as quickly as possible.  Once they were all children, mom took half to one lot and dad took half to another lot in motive mobiles - everyone arrived happy with Age of Instant elixirs in their pockets.  The children were aged to teens and then the teens to young adult - so 9 age-ups in all.  I cancelled the horn blowing craziness and kept them moving as quickly as possible.  It was a lot of switching back and forth between locations to make sure everyone was staying on track, but it all got done pretty quickly and in one day which meant only one graduation day.

As soon as they got to young adult, multi-tabs were distributed, and if they were to work on a skill that had a tabcast, they started listening.  Then they went off to be "Personality Adjusted" using the Brain Enhancing 2.0 machines that previous drones had put on upgraded lots around town.  With their traits adjusted, they used the Makeover Stations also conveniently placed by previous drones and they each made themselves over.  By the end of the day (the day after the nooboos arrived) I had six new young adults, with the traits I wanted them to have, all made over and working on their skilling. 

So now I have to see if that intense micro-management really takes time off the total days it takes to get the batch out the door and to get to the next Reproduction Day.

I'm determined to finish this before September 2.   :)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2014, 05:31:28 AM »
Usually I find the University mascots to be really annoying but they can actually be useful as unique best friends.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2015, 01:29:53 PM »
Well, just discovered something that I should now be able to take advantage of ... clone vouchers can be used on ghost sims as well as on normal sims. Something I discovered earlier when I started 'Ghosts in the Machine' is that Ghosts don't suffer from sunburn.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2015, 04:46:26 PM »
I was able to have a life states dynasty live outdoors by making them all ghosts. It's a nice little perk that still doesn't outweigh them being so dang slow just run for god's sake-

I think the clone voucher privileges come from them not working quite like other occult states (more like an overlay vs. a hidden trait that other occults have).
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2015, 03:24:56 PM »
I started an unofficial version of this (using the characters Roxas and Namine from Kingdom Hearts canon) but decided to quit right after the first clone left and re-start because I learned a few things that will help me run a smoother 2nd attempt:

• Age Freeze is useless for the Queen and Drone - not only does Age Freeze wear off and your Sims begins aging again when they use a birthday cake or Age of Instant to age up, it also wears off whenever you change life states - Roxas started as a genie and drank Age Freeze before the first procreation, but when he used Potent Cure to become human to clone himself, he started aging again as I checked his life age bar and it was un-frozen.  :-[ You'll have to do one of two things - either just stay as the same life state for the entire challenge(which means no clones if you plan on having non-humans for the parents) or no Age Freeze for the parents for the challenge, use life-extending methods on them.
  • DON'T LEARN CHARISMA UNTIL THE END. Namine accidentally learned Charisma from the UL podium and got the Personable Challenge by doing protests which kept her from getting the Painting Skill challenges, and when she got to them, she already had Celebrity so she was unable to paint without getting more than one skill challenge and losing them. Roxas autonomously used the podium I had put up for one of his clones and learned Charisma. Don't place a podium and don't learn Charisma unless you want to focus on Charisma Challenges first as they are very easy to complete with Social Networking and Alchemy - except for Comedian.
  • If you are eager to start traveling early in this challenge, go to the World Adventure lands - France, Egypt, and China - or into the future. Don't go to University first because you won't get a degree until you get some skills. I had Roxas and Namine be Geniuses and have traits related to their degrees, and they only got six credits and were six credits short even with a full term.

I apologize if this is common knowledge to everyone but I just found this stuff out. I plan on putting them in another place besides Starlight Shores, installing into the Future to get some more skills(since opportunities aren't part of the requirements here I can not worry about them not getting opportunities), and editing them to get more of an advantage(which will need the cheats as I already saved them in the Sim Bin and can't edit the household without a cheat).
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2015, 04:43:15 PM »
I apologize, didn't mean to double-post, won't happen again.  :-[

There were 2 girl nooboos in this batch, so dad got 2 clones.  Then he rushed home, took over with the nooboos, and mom went to get cloned.

Uhm, no offense, but I think the rules state that you can only have as many clones total equal to the number of natural children, so you have can have the mom and dad clone themselves one, but no more than that. It's okay, people tend to forget rulings. I forgot that you can overlap skill challenges with the drone and queen.

Anyways, I'll try your tactics, Glazey. I can choose the baby and child traits(I will probably just toddler train the nooboos) and just use the Brain Enhancers on the kids after forcing them to age up. Although I will miss prom nights. :(
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes