Author Topic: Rules: The Random Town Jump Project  (Read 82393 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2013, 04:26:49 AM »
As some people know, I'm having LOADS of problems with my file. I'd forgotten to make backups and now everyone but 1 Sim and 1 pet have vanished. I tried using resetsim to bring them back, and it did, but I can't control them and no amounts of resetsim will do it. The only thing I can do is save everyone into the Sim bin through the 'Edit in CAS'  cheat (testingcheats), move into the new town and then put them together again in CAS, then put them down into the new world. The only other option would be to try and copy them via edit town again (just like you'd do when it's actually time to move), but I tried that and so far, it's not working.

Can I go ahead and try those options? Both would mean that my heir is moving as a teen but unless I age them up, there's no way around it.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2013, 07:06:41 AM »
Of course you can. Do whatever you need to save your game. Good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
I'm nearly ready for my first jump, but I've never saved sims as a household before. If I put some items in the family inventory, will it be there in the next town? I want to have them keep the same cars, the time machine and the food replicator.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2013, 05:08:43 PM »
I'm nearly ready for my first jump, but I've never saved sims as a household before. If I put some items in the family inventory, will it be there in the next town? I want to have them keep the same cars, the time machine and the food replicator.

When sims are saved as a household, everything in the family inventory is lost. To keep something, it needs to be kept in a sim's "personal" inventory. I don't think the time machine and food replicator can be kept in personal inventory, so you would have to save the family WITH their house. Then, if you want to move to another house, put the items you want to keep in the family inventory, move to the house THEN and move them from there when you get the family moved into the new house.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2013, 07:07:33 PM »
Thanks judewright that's really helpful. I will do it that way round, I never even thought of that. So now I'm off to Hidden Springs :)

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »
Hey! I had a question.
Is it okay to move to a new house within the current town? Cause the house I am currently in doesn't work and it is on a small lot and I don't want to do much renovating.
As well, my heirs parents are divorced. (link to story in signature to learn about that) And the father moved out. Is that allowed? Should I just move him back in for the move to the new town then move him to a new house in the new town? (sorry if that's confusing)

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2013, 03:45:44 PM »
Hey! I had a question.
Is it okay to move to a new house within the current town? Cause the house I am currently in doesn't work and it is on a small lot and I don't want to do much renovating.
As well, my heirs parents are divorced. (link to story in signature to learn about that) And the father moved out. Is that allowed? Should I just move him back in for the move to the new town then move him to a new house in the new town? (sorry if that's confusing)

Yes, you can go ahead and move to a different house. I had to do that when my Crosby family house became hopelessly bugged.

As for the father, to keep in the spirit of the challenge, he should move to the new town with his family. The family needs to remain together to keep the family line intact. Maybe he could live in a part of the house that's set apart from the rest? Or a small cabin somewhere on the property. That way, when he dies his gravestone can be put into the personal inventory of the heir to continue through the generations.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2013, 04:31:50 PM »
Okay, thanks. I will add him back to the household and they will just move to a house where he can have his own space.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2013, 03:30:34 PM »
Do the founders have to be a couple at the strat of the game? Or am I allowed to split an existing couple (maybe with kids?) and use one of them together with another townie? And what about teenagers, am I allowed to wait for them to age up and then marry them?
There is so much I want to know about the **ibilities that project gives us.  ;D

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »
Do the founders have to be a couple at the strat of the game? Or am I allowed to split an existing couple (maybe with kids?) and use one of them together with another townie? And what about teenagers, am I allowed to wait for them to age up and then marry them?
There is so much I want to know about the **ibilities that project gives us.  ;D

The founders do not have to be a couple at the start of the game. You can use whomever you wish as a starting couple.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2013, 03:36:20 PM »
The founders do not have to be a couple at the start of the game. You can use whomever you wish as a starting couple.

Well, that makes it more and more interesting! Thanks! ^^

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2013, 03:37:38 PM »
You're welcome. Have fun with the project!

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2013, 03:41:00 PM »
I'm just thinking. I'm too busy at the moment but in the future...who knows... ;)

Offline roguebait

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2013, 07:13:33 PM »
I want the okay on this before I go ahead and do it,  though I'm fairly confident there won't be a problem.

One of my founders' favorite colours is absolutely eye-searing. This wouldn't be so bad if I weren't obsessive about using it in his wardrobe and a mixture of his and his wife's favorite colours in the house. If I keep the other personality traits random, can I change it to something a bit more reasonable? (Making them in CAS)

Well nevermind that. Sims crashed while I was editing his spouse's clothes. I'll have to start fresh with a new group of traits and everything after my computer's had a break. I swear this is the only game I have these sorts of problems with. I can play pretty much every other game in my bookcase for 8 hours straight with no problems; an hour of Sims and it's twitchy as.. as.. Um. My infant nephew...... >>

'Nother question, for future reference.

I have six towns, so obviously I'll be repeating them. AP, Bridgeport, HS, Riverview, SV, and Twinbrook. So, let's say, I roll a d6 and end up with... *rolls a d6* 3: Hidden Springs. Then when my heir moves out, I roll that d6 again. Is 3 a "reroll," or do I simply stay in Hidden Valley should it come up?

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2013, 07:48:30 PM »
I lost my list of towns, but I had the first 4 memorized. Is it ok if i randomize the remaining towns, and #1 on the randomizer would be #5 on my town jump?