Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898430 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1020 on: November 04, 2012, 02:18:12 AM »
An heir's spouse can only be brought into the family when the heir reaches marriageable age.  This includes IFs which means it has to be YA lifestage.   And it has to be the heir's IF not a sibling's.

So does this mean that any Genie Spouses have to be purchased by the Heir that will marry them?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1021 on: November 04, 2012, 04:13:56 AM »
I've done a little vote thing so people can decide who is the heir for my next attempt. I know that for my heir who had all random traits, they must stay the same and for the spares who had chosen traits then they have to be rolled, but I need to know if I can change the life state of any of the three to begin a new one.

So could I make an heir/spare who was a human into a vampire for my next attempt?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1022 on: November 04, 2012, 04:42:53 AM »
So does this mean that any Genie Spouses have to be purchased by the Heir that will marry them?

I hope not! At least with an IF, you can control what gender you get; genies are more hit 'n miss. Also, if you don't buy a lamp, would that mean the heir has to be responsible for finding a lamp with the correct gender of genie?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1023 on: November 04, 2012, 05:32:26 AM »
My feelings on genie spouses are that the heir should be the one to build up the relationship and release them from the lamp when the heir is of marriageable age.Metro,Rica what do you think.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1024 on: November 04, 2012, 07:15:45 AM »
My feelings on genie spouses are that the heir should be the one to build up the relationship and release them from the lamp when the heir is of marriageable age.Metro,Rica what do you think.

Rachel

Would that mean that if you're going for a genie spouse, only the heir to marry them can open any genie lamp found?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1025 on: November 04, 2012, 07:39:02 AM »
No not at all I am saying that the heir should be the one to free the genie. A genie lamp can be passed to different Sims. One of the requirements is that the heir is responsible for bringing his or her spouse to the family.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1026 on: November 04, 2012, 09:58:55 AM »
Metro & I discussed this before and we're of the same mind as Rachel.    Genie lamps can be gotten from several places and can be passed between Sims without any issues.  However, only the heir who is going to marry the genie is allow to free the genie. 

Also here's something to not do:    Founder gets a genie lamp and makes the genie her best friend for requirement.    Second generation ignores genie and lamp.  Third generation is going to use the genie in the lamp as spouse becomes best friends with that person over time.     Third Generation has removed a requirement of Founder.    Dynasty is failed. 

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #1027 on: November 04, 2012, 10:25:27 AM »
Could someone answer my question on the previous page? I can't start my new dynasty until I know the answer.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1028 on: November 04, 2012, 10:27:04 AM »
Could someone answer my question on the previous page? I can't start my new dynasty until I know the answer.

Patience padawan.  Such things need to be discussed and we're all on different time zones and it's a weekend when we all have different priorities/family concerns.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #1029 on: November 04, 2012, 10:32:00 AM »
Patience padawan.  Such things need to be discussed and we're all on different time zones and it's a weekend when we all have different priorities/family concerns.

Oh sorry  :)
I just thought that it had been missed because someone posted a question after me.
** My Stories **

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1030 on: November 04, 2012, 11:08:56 AM »
Ok here's the rundown of what Metro will allow when it comes to restarts:

If you choose to reuse someone - traits & LTW are not allowed to change -- UNLESS you're using a spare where you got to choose the traits.  If you chose any of the spare's traits, that spare has to get a complete reroll of traits.  Just one click of the dice and no more just like if you were starting with a founder.

As for life states - founders of a Life States Dynasty can change their life state as long as they do it before their requirements are finished.     This means that you must start the file EXACTLY as  you were previously and then if you want to be something else, find a way to make yourself that life state within the restrictions of the rules.

Regarding the looks - Metro's ruling is that you're not allowed to change the look of them -- period. He is the Challenge Board God and we do what he says.  So if you truly want to reuse that person, then don't change anything.  Don't be the person that adds freckles or a birth mark and says it's a new founder when we all know that cosmetic changes like that don't actually make a difference.  It's the same person - they're just spotted now. 

Any questions?   8)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #1031 on: November 04, 2012, 11:53:09 AM »
Ok here's the rundown of what Metro will allow when it comes to restarts:

If you choose to reuse someone - traits & LTW are not allowed to change -- UNLESS you're using a spare where you got to choose the traits.  If you chose any of the spare's traits, that spare has to get a complete reroll of traits.  Just one click of the dice and no more just like if you were starting with a founder.

As for life states - founders of a Life States Dynasty can change their life state as long as they do it before their requirements are finished.     This means that you must start the file EXACTLY as  you were previously and then if you want to be something else, find a way to make yourself that life state within the restrictions of the rules.

Regarding the looks - Metro's ruling is that you're not allowed to change the look of them -- period. He is the Challenge Board God and we do what he says.  So if you truly want to reuse that person, then don't change anything.  Don't be the person that adds freckles or a birth mark and says it's a new founder when we all know that cosmetic changes like that don't actually make a difference.  It's the same person - they're just spotted now. 

Any questions?   8)

None. Thank you!
** My Stories **

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1032 on: November 04, 2012, 02:40:44 PM »
Metro & I discussed this before and we're of the same mind as Rachel.    Genie lamps can be gotten from several places and can be passed between Sims without any issues.  However, only the heir who is going to marry the genie is allow to free the genie. 

Also here's something to not do:    Founder gets a genie lamp and makes the genie her best friend for requirement.    Second generation ignores genie and lamp.  Third generation is going to use the genie in the lamp as spouse becomes best friends with that person over time.     Third Generation has removed a requirement of Founder.    Dynasty is failed.

So if third generation wants a genie spouse, use a different lamp?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1033 on: November 04, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »
Only if another generation used the genie as a best friend.    If they weren't used for a best friend requirement then keep the lamp.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1034 on: November 04, 2012, 02:43:35 PM »
Another Patch 1.42 problem, I think

I've been trying to move out two spares (I've tried both 'kick out' and 'move out').  The game just freezes completely - I've been trying for the last four hours (several attempts and restarts)!  Please can I go into Edit Town and move them?

Also, is anyone else having problems with birthday cakes on the new patch?  I've had one normal birthday but all of the others have led to resets and unusable cakes (the Sims still age up, they just can't eat the cake - so it's only a minor problem).

anything