Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 420605 times)

Online ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1025 on: November 04, 2012, 07:39:02 AM »
No not at all I am saying that the heir should be the one to free the genie. A genie lamp can be passed to different Sims. One of the requirements is that the heir is responsible for bringing his or her spouse to the family.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1026 on: November 04, 2012, 09:58:55 AM »
Metro & I discussed this before and we're of the same mind as Rachel.    Genie lamps can be gotten from several places and can be passed between Sims without any issues.  However, only the heir who is going to marry the genie is allow to free the genie. 

Also here's something to not do:    Founder gets a genie lamp and makes the genie her best friend for requirement.    Second generation ignores genie and lamp.  Third generation is going to use the genie in the lamp as spouse becomes best friends with that person over time.     Third Generation has removed a requirement of Founder.    Dynasty is failed. 

Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1027 on: November 04, 2012, 10:25:27 AM »
Could someone answer my question on the previous page? I can't start my new dynasty until I know the answer.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1028 on: November 04, 2012, 10:27:04 AM »
Could someone answer my question on the previous page? I can't start my new dynasty until I know the answer.

Patience padawan.  Such things need to be discussed and we're all on different time zones and it's a weekend when we all have different priorities/family concerns.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #1029 on: November 04, 2012, 10:32:00 AM »
Patience padawan.  Such things need to be discussed and we're all on different time zones and it's a weekend when we all have different priorities/family concerns.

Oh sorry  :)
I just thought that it had been missed because someone posted a question after me.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1030 on: November 04, 2012, 11:08:56 AM »
Ok here's the rundown of what Metro will allow when it comes to restarts:

If you choose to reuse someone - traits & LTW are not allowed to change -- UNLESS you're using a spare where you got to choose the traits.  If you chose any of the spare's traits, that spare has to get a complete reroll of traits.  Just one click of the dice and no more just like if you were starting with a founder.

As for life states - founders of a Life States Dynasty can change their life state as long as they do it before their requirements are finished.     This means that you must start the file EXACTLY as  you were previously and then if you want to be something else, find a way to make yourself that life state within the restrictions of the rules.

Regarding the looks - Metro's ruling is that you're not allowed to change the look of them -- period. He is the Challenge Board God and we do what he says.  So if you truly want to reuse that person, then don't change anything.  Don't be the person that adds freckles or a birth mark and says it's a new founder when we all know that cosmetic changes like that don't actually make a difference.  It's the same person - they're just spotted now. 

Any questions?   8)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #1031 on: November 04, 2012, 11:53:09 AM »
Ok here's the rundown of what Metro will allow when it comes to restarts:

If you choose to reuse someone - traits & LTW are not allowed to change -- UNLESS you're using a spare where you got to choose the traits.  If you chose any of the spare's traits, that spare has to get a complete reroll of traits.  Just one click of the dice and no more just like if you were starting with a founder.

As for life states - founders of a Life States Dynasty can change their life state as long as they do it before their requirements are finished.     This means that you must start the file EXACTLY as  you were previously and then if you want to be something else, find a way to make yourself that life state within the restrictions of the rules.

Regarding the looks - Metro's ruling is that you're not allowed to change the look of them -- period. He is the Challenge Board God and we do what he says.  So if you truly want to reuse that person, then don't change anything.  Don't be the person that adds freckles or a birth mark and says it's a new founder when we all know that cosmetic changes like that don't actually make a difference.  It's the same person - they're just spotted now. 

Any questions?   8)

None. Thank you!
** My Stories **

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1032 on: November 04, 2012, 02:40:44 PM »
Metro & I discussed this before and we're of the same mind as Rachel.    Genie lamps can be gotten from several places and can be passed between Sims without any issues.  However, only the heir who is going to marry the genie is allow to free the genie. 

Also here's something to not do:    Founder gets a genie lamp and makes the genie her best friend for requirement.    Second generation ignores genie and lamp.  Third generation is going to use the genie in the lamp as spouse becomes best friends with that person over time.     Third Generation has removed a requirement of Founder.    Dynasty is failed.

So if third generation wants a genie spouse, use a different lamp?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1033 on: November 04, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »
Only if another generation used the genie as a best friend.    If they weren't used for a best friend requirement then keep the lamp.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1034 on: November 04, 2012, 02:43:35 PM »
Another Patch 1.42 problem, I think

I've been trying to move out two spares (I've tried both 'kick out' and 'move out').  The game just freezes completely - I've been trying for the last four hours (several attempts and restarts)!  Please can I go into Edit Town and move them?

Also, is anyone else having problems with birthday cakes on the new patch?  I've had one normal birthday but all of the others have led to resets and unusable cakes (the Sims still age up, they just can't eat the cake - so it's only a minor problem).

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1035 on: November 04, 2012, 02:47:41 PM »
In the time I was able to play before my game stopped working, I was able to use several birthday cakes without issue.  I only ever used the birthday cake mid day though.  Are you using them late at night? 

In between the game freezes, did you clear cache files?   Also, if you're having freezing doing the move, you could very well freeze during the Edit Town way.   Are you getting crash logs or are you having to hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete to quit the game? 

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1036 on: November 04, 2012, 02:54:01 PM »
The birthday cakes have been at various times of day - in fact, the one that worked and one of the ones that didn't were at the same time (well, one right after the other).

I use a batch file to clear caches every time I start the game.

I'm having to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of the game.

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #1037 on: November 04, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »
I keep having to Ctrl+Alt+Del too! And that hadn't occurred to me, but I have three spares I was planning to marry out and that won't work with the new patch now, will it? Grrr, I am not happy with my game right now!

Oh but on a separate topic, you mentioned before that I need more RAM for my game to run and save properly. If I allocate more memory to RAM will that work, or does it have to be physical RAM? My husband says we can allocate some of the hard drive memory to be used as RAM.

Rica is your game crashing too? I've heard a lot of that since Supernatural.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1038 on: November 04, 2012, 04:30:35 PM »
One more wish to add to the list, your sims can get a wish to detonate 100 objects - the base value for that one is 7 500.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #1039 on: November 04, 2012, 04:50:15 PM »
I don't think I saw "Grow a Perfect Life Fruit" on there, but that puppy was 15k Happiness  8)
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1040 on: November 04, 2012, 05:08:55 PM »
I don't think I saw "Grow a Perfect Life Fruit" on there, but that puppy was 15k Happiness  8)
Is that with the Grow a Perfect Garden LTW or without?

The Writing skill and/or LTW comes with a million 5000+ wishes, mostly ones about writing ten/twenty-five/forty novels. If I recall correctly, I think Write a Masterpiece was worth 10k or so. Whoops, just got it again but it's only worth 3,750.

Mixology also has a few big ones, but I don't remember what they were since I'd already gotten all my wishes done by the time I started that skill.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1041 on: November 04, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »
I've seen it worth as much as 17,500 - I think that's with ambitious and grow a perfect garden.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #1042 on: November 04, 2012, 05:16:12 PM »
I've seen it worth as much as 17,500 - I think that's with ambitious and grow a perfect garden.

Said sim (Perenelle from my  Immortal Dynasty) had the LTW, but not Ambitious.

Fausta Legacy

Offline Markel1970A

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1043 on: November 04, 2012, 05:43:13 PM »
Can I use the Youth Again Potion on my founder if they're an elder?
 And can ghosts die of old age? LOL

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #1044 on: November 04, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »

Ghosts do disappear, although there's no Grim, and the camera doesn't focus on them. No mourning either.

Fausta Legacy

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1045 on: November 04, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »

As long as every single other requirement has been fulfilled, yes.

They disappear into the aether after a while, or so I've heard.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1046 on: November 04, 2012, 05:56:37 PM »
I got a popup that told me that a ghost in my neighbourhood had returned to the netherworld and could not be brought back again.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1047 on: November 05, 2012, 10:03:39 AM »
Am I allowed to get human spares turned into supernaturals? I have three human spares running around, and I want them to get in on the werewolf fun that the heiress gets to experience (obviously, I'd have them get bitten and get turned the old-fashioned way). I'll live if it's not allowed.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1048 on: November 05, 2012, 10:46:26 AM »
Spares are not held to any restrictions past the infant stage of life. 

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1049 on: November 05, 2012, 08:34:57 PM »
I hope that picking the favourirtes isn't banned. Eeek.

anything