Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908200 times)

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1095 on: November 13, 2012, 12:18:34 AM »
I have a weird glitch going on in my game. I've got areas that the game thinks has an object, but no object is there. I've described the problem on the technical help board looking for answers. If the problem were contained to only a couple of areas I could handle it, but it keeps happening in new areas that were previously ok.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,13226.0.html

I know I keep asking what could be considered dumb questions, but I have never participated in a challenge in all the years I have been playing Sims. So what I need to know is if the 'constrainfloorelevation' is a usable cheat, or get permission to use it. If that doesn't work I would like to try sending the family to the clipboard, bulldozing, and sending them back.

Jaymi

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1096 on: November 13, 2012, 02:21:46 AM »
Oh, wow. You just totally made my night with your problem (which sounds terrible!). I've been having the same weird glitch in my own game, but I figured it was just because I can't stop rebuilding my house. I don't have any objects in that particular area, so it's not such a huge deal for me, but I am interested in the solution.

So what happens when you wall off one of your sims, and the only way to get to the other end is to walk through the afflicted spot? Do they walk through it then, or do the can't-get-there dance? If the latter, do they show what the object is that's blocking their path?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #1097 on: November 13, 2012, 04:10:51 AM »
They end up doing the can't-get-there dance. It never says what is preventing them though, just the single 'not gonna happen' bubble. Be careful with this glitch though. It's like a Tribble. You get one and dozens are on the way. It started in one spot outside, so I built to the side of it, leaving that spot in the yard. Then it started on the first floor, then the second. When I posted the thread in technical it was only on those floors, and it's now on the third floor as well. I've tried flattening the lot using the vanilla build/buy section, with no luck, so I don't have a lot of faith in the constrainfloorelevation cheat working, but I'm willing to try anything. I'll let you know what happens when/if I get permission to use the options I asked about.
Jaymi

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1098 on: November 13, 2012, 04:15:34 AM »
They end up doing the can't-get-there dance. It never says what is preventing them though, just the single 'not gonna happen' bubble. Be careful with this glitch though. It's like a Tribble. You get one and dozens are on the way. It started in one spot outside, so I built to the side of it, leaving that spot in the yard. Then it started on the first floor, then the second. When I posted the thread in technical it was only on those floors, and it's now on the third floor as well. I've tried flattening the lot using the vanilla build/buy section, with no luck, so I don't have a lot of faith in the constrainfloorelevation cheat working, but I'm willing to try anything. I'll let you know what happens when/if I get permission to use the options I asked about.

Sometimes, some of my items go invisible, and I never know they're there until a sim gets rid of it. A good example is a shredded newspaper on my ID's porch that I caught a glimpse of once before it went back into invisa-mode.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1099 on: November 13, 2012, 05:55:56 AM »
I have a weird glitch going on in my game. I've got areas that the game thinks has an object, but no object is there. I've described the problem on the technical help board looking for answers. If the problem were contained to only a couple of areas I could handle it, but it keeps happening in new areas that were previously ok.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,13226.0.html

I know I keep asking what could be considered dumb questions, but I have never participated in a challenge in all the years I have been playing Sims. So what I need to know is if the 'constrainfloorelevation' is a usable cheat, or get permission to use it. If that doesn't work I would like to try sending the family to the clipboard, bulldozing, and sending them back.

CFE is an allowable building cheat.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1100 on: November 13, 2012, 01:26:37 PM »
It is player's choice to turn off seasons and weather for their file.  You cannot change your mind later.  It's another Set it and Forget it type deal but the settings are supposed to be by save file so it shouldn't be too bad to have seasons in one file and none in another.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #1101 on: November 13, 2012, 04:15:45 PM »
Rica CFE did nothing to correct the problem. Permission to try sending to clipboard, bulldoze lot and replace family?
Jaymi

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1102 on: November 13, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »
Using Edit Town is not granted at this time.

I would rather you have the entire family visit the park while you go into build mode and use the sledgehammer to sweep the entire place.  Just don't get rid of your mausoleum in the process.  Bulldozing your lot would get rid of your mausoleum and at that point you would need to start over anyway.   Make sure all items that are required for your mausoleum are safely in the family inventory somehow before trying anything. 

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1103 on: November 13, 2012, 05:47:41 PM »
Also, Jaymi, if it's of any help, you might try lowering the elevation and see if maybe something to stuck in the ground (I have no idea if this works, mind you, but it sounds like a grand idea!).

Time permitting, I'll try and see if I can fix the routing glitch I also have. It's really really annoying to have them walk in the front door, hug the kitchen to the windows, walk along the windows, then make a 90 degree turn to walk across the empty space and into the entertainment room.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #1104 on: November 13, 2012, 11:26:08 PM »
Per your request Rica I have sent the family off lot and moved all mausoleum pieces into the family inventory. I left all other items in place and used the sledgehammer to delete items from each floor in one sweep. I then deleted the walls and floors using the same method. I now have floating floor pieces on the second and third levels where I cannot delete because they are required by objects. I tried replacing walls on the ground floor and still have areas I cannot use because of objects being in the way.

At this point I am going to undo everything and continue on with the glitch until a better idea comes along.
Jaymi

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #1105 on: November 14, 2012, 01:22:56 AM »
When I first copied my ID file to test new house styles, I tried to delete the whole house but it wouldn't let me; same thing. I just said to Hemba with it and kept those pieces, and re-worked a test house around, keeping the un-deleteable pieces and went with it.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1106 on: November 14, 2012, 01:28:26 AM »
Per your request Rica I have sent the family off lot and moved all mausoleum pieces into the family inventory. I left all other items in place and used the sledgehammer to delete items from each floor in one sweep. I then deleted the walls and floors using the same method. I now have floating floor pieces on the second and third levels where I cannot delete because they are required by objects. I tried replacing walls on the ground floor and still have areas I cannot use because of objects being in the way.

[image]

At this point I am going to undo everything and continue on with the glitch until a better idea comes along.

Have you checked if there's lights above/below the floor? It's happened to me a couple of times.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #1107 on: November 14, 2012, 01:34:09 AM »
Have you checked if there's lights above/below the floor? It's happened to me a couple of times.

How can a light be above when it's ground foundation, no walls and no roof there?

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #1108 on: November 14, 2012, 03:09:14 AM »
Maybe for a next step if allowed you can evict them to the clipboard and bulldoze the lot?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1109 on: November 14, 2012, 07:33:58 AM »
Jaymi - go ahead and put them on clipboard and bulldoze the lot.   Hopefully you won't lose any of your mausoleum items.   As soon as you're done bulldozing the lot, make sure to try and place the mausoleum back.   If anything is missing and you've already gone onto the next generation, then you may need to start over.

anything