Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898498 times)

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1140 on: November 16, 2012, 11:01:19 PM »
The rules only state that you have to randomize traits and choose the LTWs available so I would think that it would be ok to choose the favorite color/food/music as you wish.

I think you can Tahilanor :)

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1141 on: November 16, 2012, 11:05:43 PM »
Wait another dumb question... Won't my veggies spoil out in the open?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1142 on: November 16, 2012, 11:20:41 PM »
Hi, guys, quick question. My vamp male really wants Linda Rodgers to move in with him. The snag? She's got a toddler. I don't plan on using the toddler for anything as that would definitely violate the rules so my question is can I age the toddler up to a young adult and send her on her way?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1143 on: November 16, 2012, 11:28:04 PM »
Wait another dumb question... Won't my veggies spoil out in the open?

Vegetables once harvested don't spoil.  Only prepared food spoils.

Hi, guys, quick question. My vamp male really wants Linda Rodgers to move in with him. The snag? She's got a toddler. I don't plan on using the toddler for anything as that would definitely violate the rules so my question is can I age the toddler up to a young adult and send her on her way?

Age up the toddler before asking Linda to move in.  Don't move her in and then age her up. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1144 on: November 17, 2012, 04:31:21 AM »
If you choose to do upgraded appliances, those appliances can't be in use - they have to be in the mausoleum.   Plants (not fruit) have to be behind a fence so that your Sims can't get to them and get rid of them accidentally.

Could upgraded appliances (or the chef's fridge)  be used while in the mausoleum or would they also have to be fenced off?

It's all a part of your strategy how you set it up.  Remember when you place items in the mausoleum, they can't be replaced because someone disposed of the plant or they ate the fruit.  The elixir that is suddenly missing or the nectar bottle that may have been drunk.   It has to be the exact 7 that you place when it counted for your requirement.   Replacements not allowed and because you lost one of your mausoleum pieces, if you have already moved onto the next generation this means you've failed.  End of HOF

What about the police car (or the fire engine or car from the investigator career)?  They'd qualify as career objects for the mausoleum but I can't think of a way to stop a Sim randomly using a car sometimes, even if they have a different preferred vehicle and other cars are nearer and better.  Or would that be OK because you could replace the same object in the mausoleum?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1145 on: November 17, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
Could upgraded appliances (or the chef's fridge)  be used while in the mausoleum or would they also have to be fenced off?

What about the police car (or the fire engine or car from the investigator career)?  They'd qualify as career objects for the mausoleum but I can't think of a way to stop a Sim randomly using a car sometimes, even if they have a different preferred vehicle and other cars are nearer and better.  Or would that be OK because you could replace the same object in the mausoleum?

All items to be placed into the mausoleum should not be used.  That includes everything.   Cars are one thing that would be hard because Sims can randomly take them; However, you can set a Sim's preferred vehicle to something else. You should assign another vehicle to be a Sim's preferred vehicle in an effort to leave the cars in the mausoleum.  Also I'm not sure that Cars placed with MoveObjects on can be used (will test that) so maybe instead of using a parking space, you should do that perhaps.  Keeping Cars in a Sim's inventory instead of parking on the lot seems to keep them only using that car in my experience and you don't have to have a hundred parking spaces to accomodate all the cars.

As for the fridge, the fridge is part of a fridge network.  The benefits of the chef's fridge as long as it's on the lot will spread to each of the fridges that you have on that same lot.  They just won't give you the walk-by moodlet.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1146 on: November 17, 2012, 09:32:22 AM »
I haven't used any of these yet, by the way.  My PI's car is just parked with the other cars, since she has plenty of other objects for the mausoleum.  I was just wondering how it would work if I had a police Sim or a chef later.  The playable ghosts seem to use stairs (so far, at least) but unplayable ones will sink through floors, so could certainly use appliances anywhere on the lot, even on a level with no access.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1147 on: November 17, 2012, 09:34:20 AM »
I haven't used any of these yet, by the way.  My PI's car is just parked with the other cars, since she has plenty of other objects for the mausoleum.  I was just wondering how it would work if I had a police Sim or a chef later.  The playable ghosts seem to use stairs (so far, at least) but unplayable ones will sink through floors, so could certainly use appliances anywhere on the lot, even on a level with no access.

That's true but you have control over the ghosts in the household so you can try to keep them from using the items without an issue.   

The Challenge Board team has finally been able to spend some time looking over all of the data that involves aliens.  Our final decision is that all abduction pregnancies must be sent home and cannot become part of the family ever.  The choice becomes available at the birth of the child of how to handle and the choice is always going to be "Send to Homeworld" or as I like to say return to sender.  Abduction pregnancies cannot be heirs because they break the bloodline which is essential in all dynasties.   However, Aliens are allowed to become part of the household.  After an alien is in the household, having an alien baby is possible.   

Special Note for Life States Dynasty players: A child cannot be an occult and an alien.   So while including aliens as part of the challenge, remember that you could run into difficulties when it comes time to bringing in the next generation.  We only have the information that has been worked out from testing so please keep us informed if you run into any difficulties that may be a concern for everyone.   Remember sometimes the odds are against you no matter what the two parents are that you won't have to keep trying though. 

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #1148 on: November 17, 2012, 11:23:03 AM »
Special Note for Life States Dynasty players: A child cannot be an occult and an alien.   So while including aliens as part of the challenge, remember that you could run into difficulties when it comes time to bringing in the next generation.  We only have the information that has been worked out from testing so please keep us informed if you run into any difficulties that may be a concern for everyone.   Remember sometimes the odds are against you no matter what the two parents are that you won't have to keep trying though.

Yay I'm so happy with this ruling! :)  By difficulties do you just mean we might have a hard time getting the correct life state?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1149 on: November 17, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »
Exactly.   An alien is only an alien if they have enough DNA to be an alien.  And since they don't mix with occults, you may not know if you have the heir until child stage.  There is no way to tell if a child is an alien or not because they can't use their powers until they are a teenager and I don't know if non alien children can get the voice modulation.  Be very careful when adding aliens into your house.  Don't assume any of them are the correct one because remember the eye shape, ears and skin tone are all a part CAS now so that means it can be passed on even if the powers are not.   If they don't have any powers than they are just green skinned humans.

I'll see if I can run some tests later again on to pinpoint when you can figure out an alien is an alien to help everyone.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #1150 on: November 17, 2012, 11:41:07 AM »
Exactly.   An alien is only an alien if they have enough DNA to be an alien.  And since they don't mix with occults, you may not know if you have the heir until child stage.  There is no way to tell if a child is an alien or not because they can't use their powers until they are a teenager and I don't know if non alien children can get the voice modulation.  Be very careful when adding aliens into your house.  Don't assume any of them are the correct one because remember the eye shape, ears and skin tone are all a part CAS now so that means it can be passed on even if the powers are not.   If they don't have any powers than they are just green skinned humans.

I'll see if I can run some tests later again on to pinpoint when you can figure out an alien is an alien to help everyone.

Hopefully we can find a way to determine, but if not then when trying for an alien heir I'll always randomize traits until I know for certain what the life state is.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1151 on: November 17, 2012, 12:36:30 PM »
Argh the aging bug is still there even in the new save. Same as before it only affects the babies. Help me please?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1152 on: November 17, 2012, 12:39:25 PM »
You have permission to save the family and lot and move to a new town.  Remember you can only save the home lot. Make a note of the exact week and day to add to your interview at the end of the dynasty should you still be HOF eligible.   As soon as you place the lot in the new town make sure that everything is still in the mausoleum as it should be.   If it's not, let us know.   If the mausoleum is on another lot than there is no answer I can give you where you would still be HOF eligible depending on the mausoleum items. 

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1153 on: November 17, 2012, 01:05:50 PM »
No worries the museum is in the back of my lot so it should be coming along with everything else. Now to decide on which city...

Edit: Everything went well with the exception that all the food in the fridge turned into bad quality food. I'll just have Kimberly learn how to cook to resupply the family.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #1154 on: November 17, 2012, 03:49:04 PM »
Are we postive that female sims can't get pregnant from abduction? This is my female sims third abduction this week!  :o I don't want aliens in my dynasty at this time. :'(