Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906812 times)

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1170 on: November 18, 2012, 10:58:40 AM »
Thanks for answering my questions so well, Ricalynn (and all the other friendly souls who tried to help). I will get rid of the multitab thing as soon as I play again. So glad that this hasn't invalidated those skill for future heirs!  :D

Offline alisonclaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #1171 on: November 18, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »
Hi everyone!  I have read the first few pages of this thread but I admit I haven't read all of it... I just had a quick question.  Because we cannot use elixirs to create supernaturals (right?) we are basically stuck in Moonlight Falls, correct?  Obviously, a major rule is that you cannot create sims in CAS to add to towns in this challenge.  Has anyone tried to play this challenge in another town?  I am just curious and wanted to see how that could be done, if at all!

Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1172 on: November 18, 2012, 08:00:13 PM »
Story progression will turn townies into various occults, so you can totally play in Sunset Valley if you so please.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1173 on: November 18, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »
If you have Supernatural and you allow supernaturals through population controls then you get witches, fairies, etc. in any other town that you play.  That's how story progression works.

And yes you can't use elixirs to create supernaturals.  And no you are not stuck in Moonlight Falls.   There are a lot of people doing this in various towns.  You can see evidence of this on the Life States Dynasty story board. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline alisonclaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #1174 on: November 18, 2012, 08:04:38 PM »
D'oh!  Shows how much I have been playing in other towns since Supernatural was released, huh? 

Well, now I have my answer!  Thanks so much for the quick replies.  Is it like the celebrity system, where if you have LN installed some Sims automatically have celeb stars?  Or does it take a little while for the story progression to kick in?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1175 on: November 18, 2012, 08:09:03 PM »
It might take a little while but you should see plenty of supernaturals within a few weeks.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1176 on: November 18, 2012, 08:09:50 PM »
Hi everyone!  I have read the first few pages of this thread but I admit I haven't read all of it... I just had a quick question.  Because we cannot use elixirs to create supernaturals (right?) we are basically stuck in Moonlight Falls, correct?  Obviously, a major rule is that you cannot create sims in CAS to add to towns in this challenge.  Has anyone tried to play this challenge in another town?  I am just curious and wanted to see how that could be done, if at all!

Thanks!

It takes a few sim days for the supernaturals to show up an any other town, but it does happen.
Plus, if you were to just go to the Life State Synasty stories page, and just read the first chapter/the propogue, you will notice that there are definitely Life State Dynasty stories in other towns.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #1177 on: November 18, 2012, 09:45:13 PM »
Fourth Gen Diamond's father died today. While the family mourns his loss, Diamond decided she wanted to resurrect him and so popped up the 10,000 point wish to use Ambrosia to bring him back. I know that you are allowed to resurrect a ghost if you are using them as a spouse, but since he is/was the spouse of Third Gen Emerald, is this still allowed?

I've searched trying to find the answer on my own, but can't find one for this situation. Is this ok or do I need to pass on it?
Jaymi

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1178 on: November 18, 2012, 09:48:08 PM »
Sorry Jaymi.. I thought I had posted an answer when I answered a bunch of things this morning.   There are no restrictions when it comes to extending the life of a spare or spouse.  That means if you want to rez them then you can, no problem.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #1179 on: November 18, 2012, 09:59:28 PM »
It's ok Rica, I understand there were a bunch of questions for you this morning. Thanks!
Jaymi

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #1180 on: November 20, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »
I thought I'd seen a question already about snow days, but I can't find it now even though I searched through the last few pages. Apologies if I missed it.

If a child has an A and would definitely be on the Honour Roll the next day, but it's a snow day, can we count it? The child in question in my family had 5 days left before aging up. Wednesday was a snow day (no school), thursday Snowflake Day (no school), friday another snow day (no school), then it was the weekend! I knew I'd lose one of the three weekdays, but I wasn't expecting to lose all three.  Or are we just out of luck if this happens?
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1181 on: November 20, 2012, 10:14:51 AM »
Just out of luck.   The possibility of snow days and festival days is something that players need to account for when setting their season length or even what seasons they plan on playing with.   There was a warning posted in the Townie DecaDynasty but not this one and I think that's where you saw it.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1182 on: November 20, 2012, 10:25:33 AM »
So I'm toying with the idea of restarting this challenge in Riverview, just because it's been forever since I've played there and I'm a little sick of the town I'm currently in. (My town is currently not providing much potential spouse material outside of the species I already have and it's getting really annoying.) The problem is, I really want to put down the movie studio but there are no 64x64 lots available that I know of. I know the rules say we can "juggle" empty lots, but what exactly does that mean? Can I take a 40x30 lot and the 30x30 lot nextdoor, bulldoze them, and replace them with a 64x64? What about taking a 60x60 lot and replacing it with a 64x64? In other words, does the new combined lot have to be exactly the same size as if I just added the smaller ones together, or can it be a rough approximation? And does the new lot have to touch the road, or can it just be kind of close-ish?

I don't usually mess with my worlds too much, so I'm sorry if these sound like dumb questions. :-X

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1183 on: November 20, 2012, 10:28:55 AM »
You can remove empty lots (Keyword: empty) and replace them with smaller lots or larger lots as you need.  They don't have to touch the road unless you want them to.  I know that placing lots can sometimes cause problems when you're trying to get them really close.  If you wanted I could take pictures of my redone Riverview just for this challenge so you could see what I did. 

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1184 on: November 20, 2012, 10:40:12 AM »
You can remove empty lots (Keyword: empty) and replace them with smaller lots or larger lots as you need.  They don't have to touch the road unless you want them to.  I know that placing lots can sometimes cause problems when you're trying to get them really close.  If you wanted I could take pictures of my redone Riverview just for this challenge so you could see what I did.
....you just opened a whole world of possibilities with that. And yes, I would love to see what you've done. I've already shuffled around all of the automatically-placed lots that came with the expansions but I'm not really satisfied with it yet. :-\