Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 897800 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1320 on: December 13, 2012, 06:34:07 PM »
Yes, that is correct. I've restarted the game and the computer both, and the photos are serving dual purpose - to get the skill challenges and to complete collections to get the Shutternut skill challenge too.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1321 on: December 13, 2012, 06:36:25 PM »
Have you tried clearing caches and removing all other save files from the Sims 3 folder in My Documents? I've had spill-over effects from previous save games in new games before, so that could be affecting it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1322 on: December 13, 2012, 06:38:37 PM »
Have you deleted the world cache in addition to the other caches? 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1323 on: December 13, 2012, 06:39:09 PM »
Caches, yes.

I'll go remove the other save files, though, and check on that.

Thanks! :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1324 on: December 13, 2012, 06:41:42 PM »
I just found the following line in the code, and I'm  wondering if this might be having an effect:

<kChanceOfRephotographingSameObject value="0.6" />

I'm guessing that means that there's a 40% chance that you won't be able to rephotograph a particular subject. It would explain a lot. I might play around with it later and see what I find out.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1325 on: December 13, 2012, 06:51:22 PM »
I removed all of the save files except the active one, double checked all caches were cleared, loaded up.

I can get Cars and Places Around Town. When I take her indoors, I can get Expensive Stereo System, Objects, Couch, Toys & Hobbies. Still no gym.

Chuckles, just for clarification: File A is the one in which it got stuck at the loading screen, and is the one with the successful gym photo. File B is the current problem child, and was saved 2 days prior to A (A's save is on a Saturday, B is on a Thursday). Also, thank you for your help too! I appreciate it :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1326 on: December 13, 2012, 07:04:16 PM »
There is also a line in some of the photography subjects called <scale>. There is very little information to be found about understanding the code, but I found a short post about it on MATY. The person was complaining about not being able to select which subject out of several that you are trying to capture. It was posited that the <scale> had something to do with that. The <scale> for 'gym' is very small compared to other subjects (0.01 compared to 200!!), so this might also be a problem.

Also, just throwing it out there, try removing special seeds from inventory ;) They have wrecked havoc on all sorts of things. You never know!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1327 on: December 13, 2012, 07:08:45 PM »
No special seeds to be had! I haven't had a gardener since Nixie and Darrell - that was their special daughter/father time. Nixie has long since moved out (and works at the consignment store), and Darrell is a ghost.

Edit: BAH! I'm going to scrap this attempt, and retry it - after loading the file back up, and finding out the gym still doesn't work, I then found out that the Blooming Cactus Bistro has been replaced by the game with the Sunset Valley Bistro instead. No clue what's going on, but the aggravation isn't worth trying to fix.

Bah humbug, I say. :-\

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1328 on: December 13, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
Let me know what happens. I read here on the forum that sometimes it worked.  When I said names though I meant subject names like it registered as something while in France like "A Sim"  "A couple kissing in France" that kind of thing.
I tried all your steps but it still said that it hasn't been completed. Any other ideas?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1329 on: December 19, 2012, 08:53:41 PM »
So my sim just married Argus Brown, and no option came up asking where they wanted to live (just one sim in house) and he doesn't live with her... how do I fix this?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1330 on: December 19, 2012, 08:54:41 PM »
It's a known bug from the patch before Seasons - just ask Argus to move in through friendly interactions.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1331 on: December 19, 2012, 08:58:06 PM »
I don't have seasons (my computer doesn't run sims all that great, seasons would probably kill it) but thank you! Will try it when load up game.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1332 on: December 20, 2012, 08:30:52 PM »
So apparently feeding Argus many magic jellybeans is a bad idea... can I use the 10k wish to resurect him as one of the unique wishes? Do I still get to count marrying him as one of the 5k wishes? What if she remarries, can I count that as a seperate wish? *Confused and sad* One final thing, is aging up another sim without moving them in allowed? I'd love to age up Jules Macduff...unless there are other single male witch sims. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1333 on: December 20, 2012, 10:08:43 PM »
So apparently feeding Argus many magic jellybeans is a bad idea... can I use the 10k wish to resurect him as one of the unique wishes? Do I still get to count marrying him as one of the 5k wishes? What if she remarries, can I count that as a seperate wish? *Confused and sad* One final thing, is aging up another sim without moving them in allowed? I'd love to age up Jules Macduff...unless there are other single male witch sims. :)

Yes you can rezz him.   Yes it counts as a wish.   Yes you count marrying him.   No she can't use that as a separate wish because Argus is the only mate/spouse she's allowed to have. You can only move in one person per heir other than children.  Yes you can age up someone outside the house.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1334 on: December 20, 2012, 10:40:22 PM »
So... Am I allowed a different husband since he passed, or must I use him? Thank you for answering all my questions. Don't think I'd be allowed to use him as ghost since I made him eat the jellybeans. Wanna make sure before proceeding